Will God's Forgiveness Save Anyone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being perfect in the flesh will not get a flesh and blood person into heaven as this scripture states.

1 Cor 15:45-50
45 And so it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual.
47 The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven.
48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly.
49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.
Our Final Victory
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.
NKJV

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is surely NOT these bodies of flesh and blood that are to be saved... if anything. These bodies contain death and are dying. But... within us, those who have received what God has offered, is a new inner man and God's intention is that this new inner man never die. But... if the new inner man is not properly fed will he not also die? What is the second death?

"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matt 4:4

If the new inner man fails to be fed that Word, how will he continue to live?

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We live through Him.

Rom 1:5-6
5 Through Him we have received grace and apostleship for obedience to the faith among all nations for His name,
6 among whom you also are the called of Jesus Christ;
NKJV

Rom 5:8-11
8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.
11 And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.
NKJV

Rom 8:37-39
37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,
39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
NKJV

Eph 2:15-19
15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,
16 and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity.
17 And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near.
18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
Christ Our Cornerstone 19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
NKJV

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if he cannot even discover what Word is, how can he even come to life?
This speaks to the OSAS question that people bring up so often. Perhaps what happens to a person who has really had Life and then backslides badly is that as he moves away from his love of the truth because he fails to eat and drink regularly the flesh [dead carcass or Word] and blood of Jesus [the Holy Spirit]. Without those things to digest and to give Life to the new inner man that inner man effectively forgets what the truth he loved really was/is, and it is replaced with delusion.

Reactions: bbyrd009

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
because he fails to eat and drink regularly the flesh [dead carcass or Word] and blood of Jesus [the Holy Spirit].

Thank you, Amadeus. I have asking and praying about "dead carcass" and then there is your post.

Job 39:26-30
[26] Doth the hawk fly by thy wisdom, and stretch her wings toward the south? [27] Doth the eagle mount up at thy command, and make her nest on high? [28] She dwelleth and abideth on the rock, upon the crag of the rock, and the strong place. [29] From thence she seeketh the prey, and her eyes behold afar off. [30] Her young ones also suck up blood: and where the slain are , there is she.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, Amadeus. I have asking and praying about "dead carcass" and then there is your post.

Job 39:26-30
[26] Doth the hawk fly by thy wisdom, and stretch her wings toward the south? [27] Doth the eagle mount up at thy command, and make her nest on high? [28] She dwelleth and abideth on the rock, upon the crag of the rock, and the strong place. [29] From thence she seeketh the prey, and her eyes behold afar off. [30] Her young ones also suck up blood: and where the slain are , there is she.
And also:
And are not the hawks a bird of prey as is the eagle? They are meat eaters, the meat being the flesh of Jesus, which is found in the pages of the Bible certainly for is He not the Word of God? But the Bible is a dead carcass until it is quickened in a person by the Holy Spirit:

"For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together." Matt 24:28

And then more on the eagles:

"Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:28-31

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
if/when they are willing to confess, sure.

The point being that forgiveness does not save! confession does

I had forgotten this thread.
I noticed I had replied a few time many pages back.
Re reading this thread...I don't even like how I worded my own replies. I seemed to waffle a bit.
I didn't even answer the OP question!!

I only read a few pages at the beginning of this thread...so maybe someone else said what I am saying now.

And I disagree with one post of yours ...where you said "confession saves us"..but as I disagree with myself too, that is okay.

On reading the Topic Title...NO, forgiveness does not save us..because ..."without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins".

So no, forgiveness does not save us, confession does not save us. They cannot remove sin or deal with it's nature.

The saving power of Jesus Christ is in His shed blood.

.........H

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ah you can't disagree with that one, silly lol

Oh if you are thinking of Roman 10..then I agree with that other post...
I didn't think you were talking about this kind of confession...
Rom 10 "But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise,
The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. "

I misunderstood, I didn't think that you were thinking of these verses. :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Rom 10 "But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise,
The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. "
ah, yes, another terribly interpreted passage, that we turn into "you can accept Christ with your mouth" imo. Bc that "in your heart" part, i guess

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I misunderstood, I didn't think that you were thinking of these verses. :)
imo confess is a great way to put it there, but we misunderstand the way it is being used, we turn it into "profess."
but these will confess what is in their hearts regardless, without being able to hear themselves doing it, so it all works out i guess lol