Will My Pets Go To Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Will my pets Go to heaven

The Bible does not give any specific teaching on whether pets / animals have “souls” or whether pets / animals will be in heaven.
However, we can take some general Scriptural principles and shed some light on the subject.
The Bible states that both man (Genesis 2:7) and animals (Genesis 1:30; 6:17; 7:15,22) have the breath of life. The primary difference between human beings and animals is that man is made in the image and likeness of God (Genesis 1:26-27).
Animals are not made in the image and likeness of God. Being made in the image and likeness of God means that human being are like God,capable of spirituality, with mind, emotion, and will - and - have an aspect of being that continues after death.
If pets / animals do have a “soul” or immaterial aspect, it must therefore be of a different and lesser "quality."

Another factor to consider in this question is that God did create animals as a part of His creative process in Genesis.
God created the animals and said they were good (Genesis 1:25). Therefore, there is no reason why there could not be animalsin heaven

Isaiah 11:6 The wolf will live with the lamb,
the leopard will lie down with the goat,
the calf and the lion and the yearling together;
and a little child will lead them.

Isaiah 65:25 The wolf and the lamb will feed together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox,
but dust will be the serpent’s food.
They will neither harm nor destroy
on all my holy mountain,”
says the Lord

Many animals morn their dead ..They often crave love. They would not understand love if they had no soul.
anything as capable of unconditional love as animals give us humans .. the comfort they provide to us
they certainly have a place in heaven. If they recognize Jesus they do most certainly have a soul for its not flesh that recognizes the savior but spirit

Rev. 5:8-13 all creatures recognize Jesus as the Savior of the world and praise God right along with redeemed men.

In Psalm Psalm 145:-9-10,13,15-21 God loves all His creation and has made plans for all His children and the lesser creatures to enjoy His eternal Kingdom.

Reactions: Christina

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
Will my pets Go to heaven

The Bible does not give any specific teaching on whether pets / animals have “souls” or whether pets / animals will be in heaven.
However, we can take some general Scriptural principles and shed some light on the subject.
The Bible states that both man (Genesis 2:7) and animals (Genesis 1:30; 6:17; 7:15,22) have the breath of life. The primary difference between human beings and animals is that man is made in the image and likeness of God (Genesis 1:26-27).
Animals are not made in the image and likeness of God. Being made in the image and likeness of God means that human being are like God,capable of spirituality, with mind, emotion, and will - and - have an aspect of being that continues after death.
If pets / animals do have a “soul” or immaterial aspect, it must therefore be of a different and lesser "quality."

Another factor to consider in this question is that God did create animals as a part of His creative process in Genesis.
God created the animals and said they were good (Genesis 1:25). Therefore, there is no reason why there could not be animalsin heaven

says the Lord

Many animals morn their dead ..They often crave love. They would not understand love if they had no soul.
anything as capable of unconditional love as animals give us humans .. the comfort they provide to us
they certainly have a place in heaven. If they recognize Jesus they do most certainly have a soul for its not flesh that recognizes the savior but spirit

Rev. 5:8-13 all creatures recognize Jesus as the Savior of the world and praise God right along with redeemed men.

In Psalm Psalm 145:-9-10,13,15-21 God loves all His creation and has made plans for all His children and the lesser creatures to enjoy His eternal Kingdom.

Chris, what a wonderful thought and question, presently I have my two cats Sammi and Copper,(my two girls) I call them, we have a great relationship, I love them and they love me they assure me everyday. We are the only ones who live in my one bedroom apartment and we have great times together. Whenever I go out and come home they are right at the door as soon as they hear me. Whatever room I may be in they are right there with me. My Copper is my furry alarm clock every morning. When I'm not feeling good they stay right by me. In all this giving of love they do all they ask for is to be loved back. Their love does question your thoughts easily. I have not seen any definate answers in God's Word, however Jesus mentions animals all through the Old and New Testaments. The Book of Revelations has a lot of referrence to animals of all kinds. Four horses, lambs, goats, and other beasts of different kind. One must ask why does Jesus refer so much to animals so much? What is His purpose as there probably are many other metaphors He could use? Your scripture referrences are great!

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
anything as capable of unconditional love as animals give us humans ..

Christiana ......... you don't own cats do you??

My wife thinks that in Heaven God will give her a big bengal Tiger to snuggle up with. She thinks that for some reason that Tiger won't eat her. A cat, is a cat, is a cat. If my cats were big enough, they would turn on me in a second and ............................

I am not sure I buy this Pets in Heaven thing. Still, if God wants a few cows hanging out, I like mine medium rare.

Jesus is Lord.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Animals don't have souls, so they don't go to Heaven or Hell, they just die and that's that. That's what I've been taught but I've heard people say that since animals didn't disobey God like Adam and Eve they don't need saving. They suffer deatha nd disease like humans because they are part of a fallen world.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Christiana ......... you don't own cats do you??

My wife thinks that in Heaven God will give her a big bengal Tiger to snuggle up with. She thinks that for some reason that Tiger won't eat her. A cat, is a cat, is a cat. If my cats were big enough, they would turn on me in a second and ............................

I am not sure I buy this Pets in Heaven thing. Still, if God wants a few cows hanging out, I like mine medium rare.

Jesus is Lord.

Well gee Mike what a surprise :lol:

says the Lord

doesnt sound like God thinks a cat is a cat but lets not let a little thing like Gods Word get in the way of your opinions :p

evanom

May 8, 2010
Bogota Colombia
I definitly think animals have souls, otherwise they´d be like robots. Animals have emotions and the capability to love. And the whole sacrificial system of the old testament was to offer the lives of those animals back up to God. In revelation we see that there are lots and lots of horses in heaven.

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
I definitly think animals have souls, otherwise they´d be like robots. Animals have emotions and the capability to love. And the whole sacrificial system of the old testament was to offer the lives of those animals back up to God. In revelation we see that there are lots and lots of horses in heaven.

I tend to believe both sides with I admit some confusion. Check out http://www.clarifying christianity.com/pets.shtml

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
I think the animals in heaven were probably born or made there. Animals could have spirit of a kind but not an imortal soul like humans.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Look, cats are only suppose to live so many years.......................... I don't want to see them running around with me in Heaven.......

God gave them short life spans for a reason, it's so we only have to endure them for other family members sake for a time.

Now if this cat chews through a fourth pair of 35.00 head phones I have on my computer desk, then God's days determined for said cat, will be shortened.

Jesus Is Lord.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
There is no Biblical intimation that animals accompany their owners into the afterlife.

There IS evidence in the world that there is a very basic difference between sinful man and sinless animals.

Animals do not fear death. Pain perhaps, and fear of being trapped, but not death. They do not seem to comprehend it as humans do.
Animals are not proud. Some are territorial, but they do not exalt their living space over another. Neither do they seize more than they need.
Animals do not exercise power over others. They kill and eat. Beyond that even the Great White Shark or the African Lion will leave well enough alone.
Even a lion will not spend an ounce of effort to 'Lord it over' other animals. He simply is what he is.

Animals do not rebel against God. There are a few accounts in the Bible where animals seem to be directed by God to do different things. None of them disobeyed the Lord of Hosts nor did they complain about their lot in life or ridicule He who commanded them by saying that He didn't exist or had no right to govern.

If any question should be raise about animals in heaven it ought to be asked differently.

Will YOU be in heaven with your pet?

Reactions: Christina

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Animals arn't proud
Have you ever seen a Rooster strut around

Animals do not exercise power over others
What about bees? Though they don't exercise power over other speciies.

Animals do not fear death
Of course they do, they keep away from what they think is too dangerouse. They like us have the duty to preserve their life.

I still agree though that animals are not like humans and still believe they don't have souls at least I mean not in the way we do. If they do have souls then they are likely not to be immortal.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"Animals do not fear death. Pain perhaps, and fear of being trapped, but not death. They do not seem to comprehend it as humans do."

-- Ummmmm, no.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
They ahve a more straightforward view of death I think. It is normal it happens and that's that. Animals fear and retreat so they can preserve their lives per haps rather than a fear stepping out of one world into another. So when you look at it like that, they don't fear death.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Templar81

I agree!!!! with one exception. The dreaded, feral House Cat. Well, all cats.

No fear of death in these things.

Chew pair after pair of my headphones, Pee on my bed when the litter box is not to their standard. Claw mark my brand new Leather sofa and ruin it. Knock over drinks left on the table.

No, Cats don't fear death, they are to dumb.

Mike.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
I agree!!!! with one exception. The dreaded, feral House Cat. Well, all cats.

No fear of death in these things.

Chew pair after pair of my headphones, Pee on my bed when the litter box is not to their standard. Claw mark my brand new Leather sofa and ruin it. Knock over drinks left on the table.

No, Cats don't fear death, they are to dumb.

Mike.

Maybe all cats go to hell, eh Mike,LOL.

Endzone

May 7, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Hey what about trees and pet worms? I remember this whack job lady that came to our Sunday school class once when I was in Junior High. She gave everybody in the class a "reading". I believe she was operating by the power of demonic spirits or else she was just making it all up in her mind. Anyway, I asked her if trees had souls. And she said, "I think so". How this lady ever wound up in a Methodist sunday school class if beyond me. I forget what happened to our Sunday school teacher for having her. I think he still continued to teach the class.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Gen 7:15 And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein [is] the breath of life.

Now what is this breath of life God breathed into them ....The hebrews have a saying that it is the a small spark of God himself he breathed ..This breath of life is exactly the same one he breathed into Adam ... The differance is they are a differnt type of creation not made in Gods image ..and he was pleased.

All animals will reconize Christ
how do they know him? One does not reconize his face its his spirt they reconize why ? Tell me why did the animals line up two by two who do you think may have comunicated this behavior to them?

Endzone

May 7, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Christiana, you weren't that lady in my Sunday school class way back in 1970 at Groesbeck United Methodist in Cincinnati, Ohio were you?

Just kidding.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
LOL... no but I could have been :lol:
not trying to convince anyone one way or the other just putting out food for thought
not everything is a simple as it first appears