Will the real "Antichrist" please stand up?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
I dont see how its a mental stretch,
I wasnt talking about "who" Satan is, except for the fact he is a created being just like we are and as a created being still falls under Authority does he not?

Lets me be clear MD; I don't want to pick a fight on this; as we are both "born again". What I have posted is my view re the situation with Satan in the world.
All our work and writings have that caveat/ disclaimer at the beginning to that effect re. "do your own study etc".
Having said that; as most teachings (if it exists, which most of the time it does not) re Satan are IMO in error; our work is meant to stimulate response ,study etc.;for the simple reason that almost every body is unaware of the real situation re. Satan.
If more is known (and Scripture supplies much information); people are more forearmed for what they are dealing with.

He may have power but he doesn't have the omnipotence or omnipresence of God who is eternal.

Show me MD, where I have said that? I have not! Your comment is correct; but that is not the issue.

His fate is signed sealed and delivered, we are told before it even happens as if it has already happened,why is that?

His fate is signed and sealed (in God's Word), but not yet delivered!

But are we saying that it hasn't happened?
If we are saying it hasn't happened then isnt it possible if not for our full confidence in God that our futures and Satans can still be undecided.?

Again; you misquote me! See above!

No in my opinion it has happened and we have been privy to the information before hand.

Can't agree with you there MD; IMO, therefore we must agree to disagree!

Im well aware of who Satan is.

If you disagree with what I've said then tell me why,

I have tried above; however, I do not intend to go to war on this issue; as it is opinion only; which is much disputed all over the world. If you are approachable on this; I will persevere, but the issue is not as important as that of Christ's Deity etc. which must be fought to the death.

Blessings :)

Regards.

Floyd.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Floyd said:
I dont see how its a mental stretch,
I wasnt talking about "who" Satan is, except for the fact he is a created being just like we are and as a created being still falls under Authority does he not?

Lets me be clear MD; I don't want to pick a fight on this; as we are both "born again". What I have posted is my view re the situation with Satan in the world.
All our work and writings have that caveat/ disclaimer at the beginning to that effect re. "do your own study etc".
Having said that; as most teachings (if it exists, which most of the time it does not) re Satan are IMO in error; our work is meant to stimulate response ,study etc.;for the simple reason that almost every body is unaware of the real situation re. Satan.
If more is known (and Scripture supplies much information); people are more forearmed for what they are dealing with.

He may have power but he doesn't have the omnipotence or omnipresence of God who is eternal.

Show me MD, where I have said that? I have not! Your comment is correct; but that is not the issue.

His fate is signed sealed and delivered, we are told before it even happens as if it has already happened,why is that?

His fate is signed and sealed (in God's Word), but not yet delivered!

But are we saying that it hasn't happened?
If we are saying it hasn't happened then isnt it possible if not for our full confidence in God that our futures and Satans can still be undecided.?

Again; you misquote me! See above!

No in my opinion it has happened and we have been privy to the information before hand.

Can't agree with you there MD; IMO, therefore we must agree to disagree!

Im well aware of who Satan is.

If you disagree with what I've said then tell me why,

I have tried above; however, I do not intend to go to war on this issue; as it is opinion only; which is much disputed all over the world. If you are approachable on this; I will persevere, but the issue is not as important as that of Christ's Deity etc. which must be fought to the death.

Blessings :)

Regards.

Floyd.
Hang on Buddy you dont intend to go in to war on the issue thats fine, so why did you answer my original post with a link telling me about who Satan is and what motives him. When I was talking about neither of these things. You cant turn around and say "Show me MD, where I have said that? I have not! Your comment is correct; but that is not the issue."
When your original response is off base in the first place!!!
and consisting the only statement "Retro; this seems to me a bit of a mental stretch!"

If you dont want to go into war then don't antagonize my posts with irrelevant replies. :eek:

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Madad21 said:
Hang on Buddy you dont intend to go in to war on the issue thats fine, so why did you answer my original post with a link telling me about who Satan is and what motives him. When I was talking about neither of these things. You cant turn around and say "Show me MD, where I have said that? I have not! Your comment is correct; but that is not the issue."
When your original response is off base in the first place!!!
and consisting the only statement "Retro; this seems to me a bit of a mental stretch!"

If you dont want to go into war then don't antagonize my posts with irrelevant replies. :eek:
They were not irrelevant, but have it your way!
Have a good day!
Floyd.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Floyd said:
They were not irrelevant, but have it your way!
Have a good day!
Floyd.
I made a statement, by which you replied that it is "A mental Stretch"
And then you don't bother to tell me why its a mental stretch, but instead just give me a link (which didnt work by the way) explaining who Satan is.

But as I go over the conversation I notice you referred your statement to Retro but quoted my post, Im wondering if you did this by accident and this is just all a big misunderstanding.

I like you Brother that is assured and as you say we are both "born Again!!"
I think this was a hiccup. LOL

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Floyd said:
Floyd, on 06 Jun 2014 - 12:27 AM, said:

Jerome's translation for the Roman Church is corrupt; and pays homage to the requirements of the Roman See!
That translation cannot be used for serious Bible Spirit led study ; other than pure academic!
As regards your desire to "help" me understand Jack; I only need Scripture, the Holy Spirit ;and my own heart and mind "stayed on Him"; who is all Truth!!
I am surprised at your suggestion!
Floyd.
Thank you for your response and caring again!

I was only giving you more of a helpful heads' up, however now let's look at the context together my brother. Isa.14:12, "Oh, how you have fallen from heaven, you briliant Morning Star!" The contextual and grammatical identification of the "Morning Star" is the symbolical personage, and viewed as already having come to a disasterous overthrow. So sure is the prophet that this overthrow will occur. In fact, the greatest possible overthrow that can be conceived of is from the heights of heaven to the depth of Sheol contextually brother Floyd.

There was a time when Babylon "overpowered nations"; now she is "cut down to the ground." The figure of a felled tree is substituted for that of a fallen star. But, oh, what an overthrow! An analysis is made of the thoughts that once animated the proud king (v.13. In his inmost mind he had harbored ambitions to climb as "high as the heavens."

Only trying to help where you can purge "Lucifer" and merge "brilliant Morning Star," how's that sound my brother?

Old Jack

btw appreciated, and continue to, your help with me understanding Scriptures better although we seem to be agreeing to disagree more as we progress? I need all the 'help' I can get in humility.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Madad21 said:
Dont do that Floyd you caused this.
I made a statement, by which you replied that it is "A mental Stretch"
And then you don't bother to tell me why its a mental stretch, but instead just give me a link (which didnt work by the way) explaining who Satan is.

how is this "having it my way?"

I like you bro, this is just a hiccup, No worries
OK MD; I'm with you. If you want to see more of our thoughts; (which I stress are our opinions; and we always ask people to check for themselves); these can be seen at : SUBJECTS GROUPED

The full text is of the first below , Regards Floyd.

[SIZE=20pt]Satan’s Motivation![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]First a few words on Satan himself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Scripture says that Satan was the most magnificent being that God created. The word Satan is Hebrew, and means “an adversary, an enemy, an accuser”. He has other names which are related to Greek, and his role in events yet to be. Note that he is a “created” being, not “begotten”, as only Jesus has that designation! Before Satan became the “adversary”, his name was “Lucifer”, which means “Morning star”, and his fall from favour is described in Isaiah 14:12-15.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]There is much confusion and myth regarding Satan, starting in the Garden of Eden. He is there in Gen. 3:1, called a “serpent”, from the Hebrew “nachash”, which means “to hiss, mutter, whisper, etc.”, which has been translated subsequently as “serpent”. An allied Chaldean word means “bright”, which chimes with other Scriptural comment describing Satan as having a “glorious appearance”. In Isaiah 6:2-6, the Hebrew word “seraph” is used to describe “heavenly beings” as “burning bright, and elevated”. In Numbers 21:8, “saraph” is “fiery serpent”. The words seraph and nachash are both used in Scripture to describe a serpent and a glorious spirit being. In 2 Cor. 11:3, Paul fears for the Corinthians, that they will be beguiled as Adam and Eve, and refers to the appearance of Satan on that occasion in 2 Cor. 11:14, [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]"that he has transformed himself into an angel of light".[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]So, when Satan beguiled Eve, he was magnificent to behold, as he saidsurely thou wilt not die”, Gen. 3:4, and he has been saying it ever since, with the consequence that many humans will listen to him, and will go to their destruction! They will listen to Satan, even though they know the difference between good and evil![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]In summary of this brief description; Satan was the most beautiful of God’s created creatures. He became enchanted by his own beauty and power, and wanted God’s position Ezek. 28. He is cast from favour, Isaiah 14:12. His name is changed after his rebellion, to Satan, and he is allowed to try to stop trust and faith in God on earth, (Job). This process is still under way, and will not end until the events described in Rev. 20:2![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]In conversation with an Orthodox Jew, the information was offered that Orthodox Judaism does not interpret the references to Satan in the Old Testament (Tanach), as is understood by right thinking Christians (Christ-Ones). One has to be reminded here, that “Orthodox Judaismsprang from the Pharisees of Jesus’ day.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The Old Testament (OT) shows that Satan has freewill which showed in the Garden of Eden in Genesis, but it is surmised that his existence is much older. Scripture refers to him as the Covering Cherub of an earlier situation, Ezek. 28:14 (in the KJV, the "art" should be translated "wast"), hence the supposition that Satan in his earlier pre-rebellious mode was an appointed trustee by Almighty God which he reneged against. The fact that Satan tried successfully to pervert the Words of God to Eve and Adam re the “the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil”, cuts no ice with Pharisaic Jews, and they merely say that all Satan was/is an Angel of God, and only a “servant” subject to God’s commands, without freewill![/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]That clearly cannot be, as Satan quickly showed himself to be against God in the Garden of Eden. There clearly is great purpose in the forbearance of Almighty God in allowing Satan's constant rebellion and perversion of people and angels, as witnessed in Revelation. However, the outworking of Satan's rebellion has yet to be dealt with pen-ultimately at the beginning of the Millennial Reign of Christ/Jehovah on earth, and finally at the end of the Millennial Reign Rev. 20:10.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The references to Satan’s many attempts in Scripture to pervert God’s Words can be examined by anybody, so space will not be used here for such.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]The remarkable thing to notice in all the events where Satan is involved is the fact that he always wanted/wants to deliberately change the meaning of the Words that God has given! Why would he do that? Well the answer quite simply is that to do so contravenes the Will of Almighty God! Why would Satan want to contravene God’s Will? To thwart His Plans! Why would Satan want to thwart God’s Plans? Because, if he was successful he would conquer God on God’s own Territory, which is His Love, His Word, His Promises, and His Fidelity to all His pronouncements in Scripture; and His Holy Being![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Here we have the core of the matter! God has in the past made firm promises to mankind, starting in Genesis 3:15, (which through the Roman Church, Satan has tried to attribute to Mary, instead of Jesus).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]What then is the plan of Satan?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Satan's strategy is:-[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]1) To obtain the knowledge of Creation (Jer. 31:35-37,) (this has been sought avidly by science since approx. AD 1850.)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]2) To destroy the earth by degradation of all means. (This has accelerated since the start of the Industrial Revolution.)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]3) To destroy Israel. (This has increased in intensity since the 2nd world war.)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]4) To destroy faith in God/ Christ. (Satan is permitted to do his best/worst, to kill or prevent belief, faith, or love in Christ!)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]1) Satan has been trying to obtain the knowledge of Creation from the beginning, and is behind the work of Darwin and others to this purpose. He will not admit defeat, and will persevere in this up to the “[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]Day of the Lord[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]”.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]2) The attempts to degrade the earth’s environment has accelerated since the Industrial Revolution in the UK, and is a strong sign of the times we are living in, accelerating towards the “[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]Day of The Lord[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]”.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]3) This effort of Satan has been underway since Abram. As the promises were made by Jehovah God to His people, Satan’s efforts have increased, as was evidenced by the 2ndWorld War. The fact that the religious life of Israel is dominated by Pharisees, the same group that denied and organized Christ’s crucifixion via the Romans, does not help their situation, nor their denial of Satan as a powerful entity against God, and themselves! Satan’s purpose is to eliminate Israel, so that he can negate God’s promises to the Patriarchs! God has stated categorically that Israel will always exist, and Satan is extremely active in trying to thwart that Promise! Israel, since becoming a Nation again in 1948, are probably close to the OT promised culminations, but unfortunately, have yet to suffer more.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]They have yet to experience a false leader and situation, which will thankfully be short lived! [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]4) Satan’s current major thrust is to try to destroy the message of God in Christ. Since the Reformation in the 16th century he has lost his grip on the Word of God through the Roman Church, (although it has crept back to quite a large degree). He has quite successfully transferred corruption and confusion to many Protestant groups, to the extent that many people are held under one form of bondage or another! How has he done this? Quite simply by the same methods he used in the Roman case. He has used the minds of men to distort the Words of God, especially in Christ Jesus. The reformation ethos of re-examining the basic Principles of Doctrine were/are fertile ground for him![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Many new Groups and Sects that have proliferated since the Reformation have proved fertile ground for the wiles of Satan, and the confusion of mankind. More than one good man has said that Satan’s best recruiting ground is in the Pulpit, not in the fleshpots of the world! At the present, it is these people that Satan wants to add to his list of converts, which at present includes 1/3 of all heavens angels![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]How then to be sure of being in the Truth of God in Christ, and not be beguiled by Satan’s lies and subtlety?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]One of the most profound Truths of Jesus, is that He makes us free! The many and varied “rules” and complex “interpretations” of Satan’s preachers and teachers are so formulated, that even they can’t explain with clarity what they are talking about! Any person can go to the Bible, and prayerfully ask for understanding, for the love of God in Christ to be theirs! Any teacher that puts conditions on this, is not in Truth![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Any teacher or Group that states that the Israel of the Old Testament has not got a future, and have been disowned by Jehovah God and are replaced by the “Church”, are not telling the truth, and should be ignored. This teaching is sometimes linked to that of “Election”, and states that we have no choice in the matter of Salvation, only those “selected by God” are “Elect” and “Foreknown”. For more on this subject see: [/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt]Is Our Freewill Of Value Or Is Everything Predestined?[/SIZE] [SIZE=13.5pt](Separate study)[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]Calvinist "Works" Teaching[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] (Separate study)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Any teacher or Group that try to use words to bamboozle the seeker, and any form of threat or insult, should be ignored; and the seeker can rest assured in the simple message of Christ Jesus, that all who believe in Him will have eternal life (John 3:16)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]By these methods, the seeker will find peace and Salvation in Jesus the Christ of Almighty God; and by reading the Bible, as a friend, will come to know more of the Mind of Christ/God![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]There is no doubt that our Lord is the most gentle Saviour, but Christ (The Anointed of Jehovah) has to deal with the evil of which most of us are unaware, and in the timing of Jehovah (Rev. 6,) that dealing leading to the ultimate conquering of Satan is underway. In that context, Satan expected the victory when Christ died on the accursed tree, but instead Christ gained victory over death, and became the first fruit of propitiation (the saved) to the Father, (Jehovah God). So Satan’s plans and motivations will come to nothing eventually![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The Age of the Earth Controversy: [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt](Separate Study)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]If you would like to E-mail us with your comments please click here. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Or go to chapters 1 to 22, or[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Subjectindex[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]Or[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]www.revelationsmessage.co.uk[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]. [/SIZE]

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Im no scholar this is obvious but I think what old Jack is saying is quite justified in scripture. re the work of the antichrist in men.

shturt678 said:
The Antichrist has been at the head of the apostasy of hypergrace from waaaay back where his power and authority seats himself right in the very sanctuary of God pawning himself off as God (IIThess.2:4; Rev.13:14b).

1 John 4:3 (NKJV)
and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

In Matthew Henrys Commentary he explains;
“1 John 4:3. It was foreknown by God that antichrists would arise, and antichristian spirits oppose his Spirit and his truth; it was foreknown also that one eminent antichrist would arise, and make a long and fatal war against the Christ of God, and his institution, and honour, and kingdom in the world. This great antichrist would have his way prepared, and his rise facilitated, by other less antichrists, and the spirit of error working and disposing men’s minds for him: the antichristian spirit began betimes, even in the apostles’ days. Dreadful and unsearchable is the judgment of God, that persons should be given over to an antichristian spirit, and to such darkness and delusion as to set themselves against the Son of God and all the testimony that the Father hath given to the Son! But we have been forewarned that such opposition would arise; we should therefore cease to be offended, and the more we see the word of Christ fulfilled the more confirmed we should be in the truth of it.”

Floyd said:
OK MD; I'm with you. If you want to see more of our thoughts; (which I stress are our opinions; and we always ask people to check for themselves); these can be seen at : SUBJECTS GROUPED

The full text is of the first below , Regards Floyd.
Its cool bro i edited my response I dont think you saw it, I realise now that you were talking to Retro but had quoted my post, Im wondering if this isnt a misunderstanding.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Madad21 said:
Im no scholar this is obvious but I think what old Jack is saying is quite justified in scripture. re the work of the antichrist in men.

and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

“1 John 4:3. It was foreknown by God that antichrists would arise, and antichristian spirits oppose his Spirit and his truth; it was foreknown also that one eminent antichrist would arise, and make a long and fatal war against the Christ of God, and his institution, and honour, and kingdom in the world. This great antichrist would have his way prepared, and his rise facilitated, by other less antichrists, and the spirit of error working and disposing men’s minds for him: the antichristian spirit began betimes, even in the apostles’ days. Dreadful and unsearchable is the judgment of God, that persons should be given over to an antichristian spirit, and to such darkness and delusion as to set themselves against the Son of God and all the testimony that the Father hath given to the Son! But we have been forewarned that such opposition would arise; we should therefore cease to be offended, and the more we see the word of Christ fulfilled the more confirmed we should be in the truth of it.”

Its cool bro i edited my response I dont think you saw it, I realise now that you were talking to Retro but had quoted my post, Im wondering if this isnt a misunderstanding.
Thank you folks for caring for sure!

Using my G.I. Bill long ago I was able to have contact with 'scholars' where later simply Googoled them up. Early on I noticed one thing that really stood out (no way trying to put them down as they really helped me for sure): They were all unrefutable! One day we were parsing terms and grammar with IITim.3:16, and the light bulb came on. "Lord, may I never put myself above the Word or another brother."

May we all be just "students of the Word," and if there are any 'scholars' reading, or on this thread, I ask forgiveness for placing a negative light on 'scholars," and if someone knows of a refutable and correctable 'scholar' please bring it to my attention.

The reason yakking away is I strongly feel this is a thread of great import from our Lord's view, and just covering my backside in case our Lord is not only watching our post, but looking within our hearts. Thank you again brother Madad21, brother Floyd, and others posting. Bringing back ol' memories with Matthew Henry's Commentary which really helped me, and continues to do so along with brother Floyd's input even though brother Floyd and I have to agree to disagree. I think I previously mentioned that I use to place Matthew's C. along side my ol' International Critical Commentary of about 1900, and wow, gold nuggets. The 'fools gold' was purged by the Holy Spirit of course. My end point: encouraging all to relook at IIThess.2:3-12 again, and I'll be joining you, viz., especially vs. 3 & 4 regarding the "Antichrist." Again Satan in his person had a major problem at the Cross and still licking his wounds in the abyss, however the "Antichrist" is even motivated by our Lord ushering in the end in light of IIThess.2:11, 12 & Revelation chapter 9 (higher level demons).

Old refutable Jack

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Madad21 said:

Were Ok Md.
Floyd.
shturt678 said:

Using my G.I. Bill long ago I was able to have contact with 'scholars' where later simply Googoled them up. Early on I noticed one thing that really stood out (no way trying to put them down as they really helped me for sure): They were all unrefutable! One day we were parsing terms and grammar with IITim.3:16, and the light bulb came on. "Lord, may I never put myself above the Word or another brother."

May we all be just "students of the Word," and if there are any 'scholars' reading, or on this thread, I ask forgiveness for placing a negative light on 'scholars," and if someone knows of a refutable and correctable 'scholar' please bring it to my attention.

The reason yakking away is I strongly feel this is a thread of great import from our Lord's view, and just covering my backside in case our Lord is not only watching our post, but looking within our hearts. Thank you again brother Madad21, brother Floyd, and others posting. Bringing back ol' memories with Matthew Henry's Commentary which really helped me, and continues to do so along with brother Floyd's input even though brother Floyd and I have to agree to disagree. I think I previously mentioned that I use to place Matthew's C. along side my ol' International Critical Commentary of about 1900, and wow, gold nuggets. The 'fools gold' was purged by the Holy Spirit of course. My end point: encouraging all to relook at IIThess.2:3-12 again, and I'll be joining you, viz., especially vs. 3 & 4 regarding the "Antichrist." Again Satan in his person had a major problem at the Cross and still licking his wounds in the abyss, however the "Antichrist" is even motivated by our Lord ushering in the end in light of IIThess.2:11, 12 & Revelation chapter 9 (higher level demons).

Old refutable Jack
shturt678 said:

Old refutable Jack
I know your heart is OK Jack; we just have to enjoy the Word, even though e see it differently.
Floyd.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
shturt678 said:

Old refutable Jack
Yes of course your right, I tend to get a little carried away and forget sometimes that I am still just a student. i pray I am able to continue to learn and not ever think I know it all. i think thats when you stop learning your stance becomes calcified and therefore stagnant and worthless.
This subject deserves so much more attention then what I am able to give at the moment re other assignments demanding attention, there is so much to learn and the hunger grows ravenous as these topics come up a new light shines in areas of new revelation.

My veiw is of Christ who is eternal and by eternity I veiw Gods plan, the events in the bible are seen by us as linear (time) as in steps leading to an upper room.
And by that I mean the steps had been there prior to us walking upon them adjusted only at a point where God intervened physically (in the flesh), I believe our way is pathed and so is the course of our common enemy. The antichrist has been hard at work in men going to and fro the face of the earth avoiding arid places finding safe haven in the minds of leading intellectuals and contemporary thinkers each generation becoming the new age and so each generation adds exponentially to the engorging wickedness pregnant with all manner of sin. In the story of Joseph God uses the fowl intentions of Joseph's jealous brothers to prepare a nation in taking yet another step toward redemption and reconciliation to the Father, just as wicked spirits all whom are created conspire against the Christ even today and our heavenly Father weaves a wondrous tapestry steeped in the irony of evil bid only against itself in the end.
When we look back over the history of Israel and we say to ourselves how blind could they be to not see what was happening how could they rebel against the Lord who said "Do not worship false idols.", but the same can be said for us because behind the scenes are forces and powers that change and manipulate our hearts and minds and so we become blind just as they had and we walk in the same pattern. Praise be to our Father we have a lens through which to see this world and these powers as they truly are to see them at work in each deed. Christ is that lens and through him we are exposed as raw creation in re-birth sanctified and blessed, we are the weapons in the hand of the Almighty powered and led by the Holy Spirit who is God in all and it is our commission to respond in testimony attributed to the freedom we have each received.
The Antichrist is in the world assuredly, but we have One in us who is greater then he who is in the world, may we never be calcified in our opinions with hard hearts but let us rely on the bread that falls from heaven for our sustenance and let us be one in peace and mercy, brothers who stand in strength and victory over a pestilence whose plight will be soon be drowned out by the joyous cries of a triumphant kingdom family united at last under a Mighty and Formidable God.

Amen to you brothers..

LOL, I apologize for the rant :wub:

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Madad21 said:
Yes of course your right, I tend to get a little carried away and forget sometimes that I am still just a student. i pray I am able to continue to learn and not ever think I know it all. i think thats when you stop learning your stance becomes calcified and therefore stagnant and worthless.
This subject deserves so much more attention then what I am able to give at the moment re other assignments demanding attention, there is so much to learn and the hunger grows ravenous as these topics come up a new light shines in areas of new revelation.

My veiw is of Christ who is eternal and by eternity I veiw Gods plan, the events in the bible are seen by us as linear (time) as in steps leading to an upper room.
And by that I mean the steps had been there prior to us walking upon them adjusted only at a point where God intervened physically (in the flesh), I believe our way is pathed and so is the course of our common enemy. The antichrist has been hard at work in men going to and fro the face of the earth avoiding arid places finding safe haven in the minds of leading intellectuals and contemporary thinkers each generation becoming the new age and so each generation adds exponentially to the engorging wickedness pregnant with all manner of sin. In the story of Joseph God uses the fowl intentions of Joseph's jealous brothers to prepare a nation in taking yet another step toward redemption and reconciliation to the Father, just as wicked spirits all whom are created conspire against the Christ even today and our heavenly Father weaves a wondrous tapestry steeped in the irony of evil bid only against itself in the end.
When we look back over the history of Israel and we say to ourselves how blind could they be to not see what was happening how could they rebel against the Lord who said "Do not worship false idols.", but the same can be said for us because behind the scenes are forces and powers that change and manipulate our hearts and minds and so we become blind just as they had and we walk in the same pattern. Praise be to our Father we have a lens through which to see this world and these powers as they truly are to see them at work in each deed. Christ is that lens and through him we are exposed as raw creation in re-birth sanctified and blessed, we are the weapons in the hand of the Almighty powered and led by the Holy Spirit who is God in all and it is our commission to respond in testimony attributed to the freedom we have each received.
The Antichrist is in the world assuredly, but we have One in us who is greater then he who is in the world, may we never be calcified in our opinions with hard hearts but let us rely on the bread that falls from heaven for our sustenance and let us be one in peace and mercy, brothers who stand in strength and victory over a pestilence whose plight will be soon be drowned out by the joyous cries of a triumphant kingdom family united at last under a Mighty and Formidable God.

Amen to you brothers..

LOL, I apologize for the rant :wub:
Thank you for your response and caring!

The more we can understand the concept of the Antichrist the more we can oust him. I learned a little more with your excellent post, great!

Old Jack

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shabbat shalom (A Sabbath of peace), to you, John S.

John S said:
Who's excited? It's just a really simple question.

Satan is NOT bound and will NOT be bound until Jesus Christ returns to end the Tribulation.
Just remember the ORDER in which we find the accounts in the Scriptures. That's all. I agree with you that haSatan is NOT bound and WON'T be bound until Yeshua` returns and sends His messenger to bind him with a great chain and toss him into that "abussos" at the BEGINNING of His reign on this earth. We just don't want to be found guilty, in our zeal, of claiming someone said something that he did not say. Understand?

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Retrobyter said:
Shabbat shalom (A Sabbath of peace), to you, John S.

Just remember the ORDER in which we find the accounts in the Scriptures. That's all. I agree with you that haSatan is NOT bound and WON'T be bound until Yeshua` returns and sends His messenger to bind him with a great chain and toss him into that "abussos" at the BEGINNING of His reign on this earth. We just don't want to be found guilty, in our zeal, of claiming someone said something that he did not say. Understand?
I must have misunderstood you earlier!
Floyd.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Thank you folks for caring!

What I've learned so far, eg, "Do not worship false idols." In light of IIThess.2:4, "....so he seats himself (antichristian power, propaganda, and authority - not the person of the Antichrist himself of course) in the Sanctuary of God (not the inferior rendering "temple"), showing himself off that he is God." That has been coming to pass since the Cross, and especially exponentially in today's time. Purging "Satan in his person" and merging "Satan's agencies - Antichrist, beasts, and seductive whore.

Old learning truthful directions, and purging errors Jack

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
shturt678 said:
Thank you folks for caring!

What I've learned so far, eg, "Do not worship false idols." In light of IIThess.2:4, "....so he seats himself (antichristian power, propaganda, and authority - not the person of the Antichrist himself of course) in the Sanctuary of God (not the inferior rendering "temple"), showing himself off that he is God." That has been coming to pass since the Cross, and especially exponentially in today's time. Purging "Satan in his person" and merging "Satan's agencies - Antichrist, beasts, and seductive whore.

Old learning truthful directions, and purging errors Jack
ol' mate You are a light on a hill, salt of the earth and an inspiration to a great many of us. keep it up!!

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shabbat shalom (a Sabbath of peace) to you, Jack.

shturt678 said:
Thank you for caring again!

Satan personally is locked in the abyss (hell), and must work through his agencies since the Cross where the symbolic 1,000 years began. Rev.13:1-10, "wild beast" is simply the whole antichristian power in the whole world. Rev.13:11-21, "another wild beast" is simply the whole antichristian propaganda (deceptive activity) in the whole world.

The Antichrist has been at the head of the apostasy of hypergrace from waaaay back where his power and authority seats himself right in the very sanctuary of God pawning himself off as God (IIThess.2:4; Rev.13:14b).

Old Jack

btw the Antichrist in IIThess.2:3 is simply a sequence of men where they have not the least idea that they could be the Antichrist during their reign. His power and authority has been standing up unknowingly in our hearts for centuries of course where one will find out immediately after one's passing. I just want to find out a little sooner sort of thing.
First of all, haSatan has NOT been "locked in the abyss (hell)." How could his "agencies" communicate with him to find out his orders for him to "work through" them? Are you saying that his minions can go in and out of the abyss at will? Are you claiming that they can go in, receive their orders, and exit without impunity?! This scenario is like straight out of the mythology of the Dark Ages! Bosch painted fanciful pictures of this kind of scenario, but he was NOT SCRIPTURAL! Nor were many of the other painters and writers of that time period!

You just need to rethink the philosophy/theology of what you've been taught to believe in terms of the Scriptures, allowing the Scriptures to dictate the scenario. There's NOTHING in the Scriptures to even SUGGEST this "back-and-forth-ness" for haSatan's minions!

Second, the "thousand years" (Greek: "chilia etee"; Latin: "mille anni") are not "symbolic." Why can't you just accept that "a thousand years" is EXACTLY that: "A THOUSAND (1,000) YEARS?" If it was truly going to be over 2,000 years, why didn't it SAY "2,000 years and more?!" I mean, Yochanan (John) had the ability to say "144,000" and "12,000" and "thousands of thousands"; why must THIS one occurrence be "symbolic?" Is it simply because you cannot accept the ORDER of the text in Revelation? FORGET chapter divisions! They were NOT in the original text! FORGET verse divisions! Even THEY were not in the original text! Go back and pick up the text from chapter 19 onward, and JUST READ IT!

HaSatan was NOT locked away until AFTER Yeshua` is revealed in chapter 19!

Revelation "19:1-21:4"
After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in the sky shouting:

"Hallelujah!
Salvation and glory and power belong to our God,
for true and just are his judgments.
He has condemned the great prostitute
who corrupted the earth by her adulteries.
He has avenged on her the blood of his servants."
And again they shouted:
"Hallelujah!
The smoke from her goes up for ever and ever."
The twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God, who was seated on the throne. And they cried:
"Amen, Hallelujah!"

Then a voice came from the throne, saying:
"Praise our God,
all you his servants,
you who fear him,
both small and great!"
Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:
"Hallelujah!
For our Lord God Almighty reigns.
Let us rejoice and be glad
and give him glory!
For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
and his bride has made herself ready.
Fine linen, bright and clean,was given her to wear."
(Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints.)
Then the angel said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!'" And he added, "These are the true words of God."
At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and of your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."
I saw the sky standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of the sky were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in mid-sky, "Come, gather together for the great supper of God, so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and mighty men, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, small and great."
Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to make war against the rider on the horse and his army. But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. The rest of them were killed with the sword that came out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.
And I saw an angel coming down out of the sky, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil (slanderer), and Satan (Enemy), and bound him for a thousand years. He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. (After that, he must be set free for a short time.)

I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.
When the thousand years are over, Satan (the Enemy) will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth — Gogue and Magogue — to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves. But fire came down from the sky and devoured them. And the devil (slanderer), who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and the Depths gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. Then death and the Depths were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
Then I saw a new sky and a new earth, for the first sky and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any (Mediterranean) sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of the sky from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
NIV (slightly modified to reflect the Greek)

The timing is NOT "1 and done!" Rather, it is "1, (1000 years), 2, and forever," all yet in the future!

And, NOW, let's get back to what an "antichristos" is, because you STILL don't have a clue! At BEST, the term "Antichrist" is a MISNOMER for the "Beast" of Revelation! However, we - again - must go back to what Yochanan (John) said it was:

1 John 2:18-23
18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
20 But ye have an unction (anointing) from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
KJV

1 John 4:1-6
4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
KJV

2 John 5-11
5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
KJV

It's a SPIRIT - an ATTITUDE - that says that Yeshua` the Messiah did NOT come in the flesh! It's a SPIRIT - an ATTITUDE - of error! One with such an error, such an attitude, will say that Yeshua` was NOT the Messiah, and that the Messiah did NOT already come in the flesh! He won't abide the "doctrine of Christ" or the "teaching about the Messiah"; instead, he will transgress and say that the "Messiah" means something else! That's why it is so KEY to understand what a "messiah" is! That's why it is so important to know what THE "Messiah" is! And, that's why it is so important to understand that "Christ" is just the Greek word for the SAME THING as that for which "Messiah" is the Hebrew word!

Most of us here have grown enough to know that "Christ" is not Jesus' last name! Many inside and outside of Christendom believe that it IS! When I was growing up as the son of a Baptist minister, I was always taught to say "the Lord Jesus Christ" and not just call Him "Jesus!" Why? Because I was also taught, through an account of a demon-possessed woman, that "Jesus" was the name of one of the demons that possessed her! She kept repeating over and over again, "Jesus is the center! Jesus is the center!" It was not until the exorcist probed the demons through interrogation that "Jesus" was discovered to be the name of ONE OF THEM who first possessed this woman!

Whether there's any truth to the account or not, what is "Jesus" if not just a name? How many Spanish men are named "Jesus," pronounced "Hay-SOOS?" How many unbelievers use His name, "Jesus Christ," as an epithet or a name by which to curse?! They don't know what a "Christ" is and if pushed to answer would only say that "Christ" was Jesus' last name!

But, "Christ" is NOT a name! It's a TITLE! It's a DESCRIPTOR! It describes Yeshua`s role in God's economy! Go back and READ what is said about a "messiah" or a "christ" in the Tanakh (the OT):

The word "Christ" also does not mean "Son of God" or "God with us" or any of the other mis-definitions that people come up with!

"Christ," like its Hebrew counterpart, "Messiah," means an "Anointed one," but what does "anointed" mean? It literally means to be "rubbed" or "smeared" or "painted" with something! Specifically, this was with the Holy Anointing Oil:

Exodus 29:4-35
4 And Aaron and his sons thou shalt bring unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and shalt wash them with water.
5 And thou shalt take the garments, and put upon Aaron the coat, and the robe of the ephod, and the ephod, and the breastplate, and gird him with the curious girdle of the ephod:
6 And thou shalt put the mitre upon his head, and put the holy crown upon the mitre.
7 Then shalt thou take the anointing oil, and pour it upon his head, and anoint him.
8 And thou shalt bring his sons, and put coats upon them.
9 And thou shalt gird them with girdles, Aaron and his sons, and put the bonnets on them: and the priest's office shall be theirs for a perpetual statute: and thou shalt consecrate Aaron and his sons.
10 And thou shalt cause a bullock to be brought before the tabernacle of the congregation: and Aaron and his sons shall put their hands upon the head of the bullock.
11 And thou shalt kill the bullock before the Lord, by the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
12 And thou shalt take of the blood of the bullock, and put it upon the horns of the altar with thy finger, and pour all the blood beside the bottom of the altar.
13 And thou shalt take all the fat that covereth the inwards, and the caul that is above the liver, and the two kidneys, and the fat that is upon them, and burn them upon the altar.
14 But the flesh of the bullock, and his skin, and his dung, shalt thou burn with fire without the camp: it is a sin offering.
15 Thou shalt also take one ram; and Aaron and his sons shall put their hands upon the head of the ram.
16 And thou shalt slay the ram, and thou shalt take his blood, and sprinkle it round about upon the altar.
17 And thou shalt cut the ram in pieces, and wash the inwards of him, and his legs, and put them unto his pieces, and unto his head.
18 And thou shalt burn the whole ram upon the altar: it is a burnt offering unto the Lord: it is a sweet savour, an offering made by fire unto the Lord.
19 And thou shalt take the other ram; and Aaron and his sons shall put their hands upon the head of the ram.
20 Then shalt thou kill the ram, and take of his blood, and put it upon the tip of the right ear of Aaron, and upon the tip of the right ear of his sons, and upon the thumb of their right hand, and upon the great toe of their right foot, and sprinkle the blood upon the altar round about.
21 And thou shalt take of the blood that is upon the altar, and of the anointing oil, and sprinkle it upon Aaron, and upon his garments, and upon his sons, and upon the garments of his sons with him: and he shall be hallowed, and his garments, and his sons, and his sons' garments with him.
22 Also thou shalt take of the ram the fat and the rump, and the fat that covereth the inwards, and the caul above the liver, and the two kidneys, and the fat that is upon them, and the right shoulder; for it is a ram of consecration:
23 And one loaf of bread, and one cake of oiled bread, and one wafer out of the basket of the unleavened bread that is before the Lord:
24 And thou shalt put all in the hands of Aaron, and in the hands of his sons; and shalt wave them for a wave offering before the Lord.
25 And thou shalt receive them of their hands, and burn them upon the altar for a burnt offering, for a sweet savour before the Lord: it is an offering made by fire unto the Lord.
26 And thou shalt take the breast of the ram of Aaron's consecration, and wave it for a wave offering before the Lord: and it shall be thy part.
27 And thou shalt sanctify the breast of the wave offering, and the shoulder of the heave offering, which is waved, and which is heaved up, of the ram of the consecration, even of that which is for Aaron, and of that which is for his sons:
28 And it shall be Aaron's and his sons' by a statute for ever from the children of Israel: for it is an heave offering: and it shall be an heave offering from the children of Israel of the sacrifice of their peace offerings, even their heave offering unto the Lord.
29 And the holy garments of Aaron shall be his sons' after him, to be anointed therein, and to be consecrated in them.
30 And that son that is priest in his stead shall put them on seven days, when he cometh into the tabernacle of the congregation to minister in the holy place.
31 And thou shalt take the ram of the consecration, and seethe his flesh in the holy place.
32 And Aaron and his sons shall eat the flesh of the ram, and the bread that is in the basket, by the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
33 And they shall eat those things wherewith the atonement was made, to consecrate and to sanctify them: but a stranger shall not eat thereof, because they are holy.
34 And if ought of the flesh of the consecrations, or of the bread, remain unto the morning, then thou shalt burn the remainder with fire: it shall not be eaten, because it is holy.
35 And thus shalt thou do unto Aaron, and to his sons, according to all things which I have commanded thee: seven days shalt thou consecrate them.
KJV

Exodus 30:22-30
22 Moreover the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
23 Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty shekels, and of sweet calamus two hundred and fifty shekels,
24 And of cassia five hundred shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary, and of oil olive an hin:
25 And thou shalt make it an oil of holy ointment, an ointment compound after the art of the apothecary: it shall be an holy anointing oil.
26 And thou shalt anoint the tabernacle of the congregation therewith, and the ark of the testimony,
27 And the table and all his vessels, and the candlestick and his vessels, and the altar of incense,
28 And the altar of burnt offering with all his vessels, and the laver and his foot.
29 And thou shalt sanctify them, that they may be most holy: whatsoever toucheth them shall be holy.
30 And thou shalt anoint Aaron and his sons, and consecrate them, that they may minister unto me in the priest's office.
KJV

Exodus 37:29
29 And he made the holy anointing oil, and the pure incense of sweet spices, according to the work of the apothecary.
KJV

Exodus 40:9-16
9 And thou shalt take the anointing oil, and anoint the tabernacle, and all that is therein, and shalt hallow it, and all the vessels thereof: and it shall be holy.
10 And thou shalt anoint the altar of the burnt offering, and all his vessels, and sanctify the altar: and it shall be an altar most holy.
11 And thou shalt anoint the laver and his foot, and sanctify it.
12 And thou shalt bring Aaron and his sons unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and wash them with water.
13 And thou shalt put upon Aaron the holy garments, and anoint him, and sanctify him; that he may minister unto me in the priest's office.
14 And thou shalt bring his sons, and clothe them with coats:
15 And thou shalt anoint them, as thou didst anoint their father, that they may minister unto me in the priest's office: for their anointing shall surely be an everlasting priesthood throughout their generations.
16 Thus did Moses: according to all that the Lord commanded him, so did he.
KJV

Leviticus 8:12
12 And he poured of the anointing oil upon Aaron's head, and anointed him, to sanctify him.
KJV

So, Moshe (Moses) made this oil according to God's instructions and poured it upon Aharown's (Aaron's) head and THEN "anointed" him - "RUBBED" it in! He literally MASSAGED it into Aharown's scalp like we would do with shampoo or cream rinse! A person so massaged will smell of olive oil, cane sugar (sweet calamus), and cinnamon with the bitter aroma of myrrh mixed in.

This is a person SELECTED and CHOSEN by God for a particular task; in Aharown's case, it was to be the Cohen haGadowl - the High Priest.

In Sha'uwl's (Saul's) case, it was to be a king on God's behalf:

1 Samuel 15:1
1 Samuel also said unto Saul, The Lord sent me to anoint thee to be king over his people, over Israel: now therefore hearken thou unto the voice of the words of the Lord.
KJV

And, later in David's case, it was to be a king in Sha'uwl's place:

1 Samuel 16:1-13
1 And the LORD said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons.
2 And Samuel said, How can I go? if Saul hear it, he will kill me. And the LORD said, Take an heifer with thee, and say, I am come to sacrifice to the LORD.
3 And call Jesse to the sacrifice, and I will shew thee what thou shalt do: and thou shalt anoint unto me him whom I name unto thee.

4 And Samuel did that which the LORD spake, and came to Bethlehem. And the elders of the town trembled at his coming, and said, Comest thou peaceably?
5 And he said, Peaceably: I am come to sacrifice unto the LORD: sanctify yourselves, and come with me to the sacrifice. And he sanctified Jesse and his sons, and called them to the sacrifice.
6 And it came to pass, when they were come, that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely the LORD'S anointed is before him.
7 But the LORD said unto Samuel,
Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.
8 Then Jesse called Abinadab, and made him pass before Samuel. And he said, Neither hath the LORD chosen this.
9 Then Jesse made Shammah to pass by. And he said, Neither hath the LORD chosen this.
10 Again, Jesse made seven of his sons to pass before Samuel. And Samuel said unto Jesse, The LORD hath not chosen these.
11 And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are here all thy children? And he said, There remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Send and fetch him: for we will not sit down till he come hither.
12 And he sent, and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, and withal of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look to.
And the LORD said, Arise, anoint him: for this is he.
13 Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the Lord came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah.
KJV

Thus, David was so selected and chosen to be God's representative to Isra'el as their king.

David, under the inspiration of God's Spirit, said this of HIS Superior - HIS Lord:

Psalm 110:1-7
1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
2 The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.
3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.
4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.
5 The LORD at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.
6 He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries.
7 He shall drink of the brook in the way: therefore shall he lift up the head.
KJV

And, we learn from the author of Hebrews that it was for THIS reason that David's Superior, His son, was anointed, not to be a priest but to be a king:

Hebrews 1:8-9
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
KJV

Hebrews 5:1-10
5 For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:
2 Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity.
3 And by reason hereof he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins.
4 And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.
5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.
6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.
KJV

He already WAS a priest forever after the order of Malkhiy-Tsedeq (literally, Hebrew for "My King of Righteousness") when God said, "Thou art my Son!" For that, He needed no anointing. He only needed God's oath. But, a king - particularly THE King of God's prophecies - needs a KINGDOM! Not in so-called "Heaven" (which simply means, in both Hebrew and Greek, "the sky") but right here on this earth! That hasn't happened, yet! Don't get me wrong; we who believe in Yeshua` being the Messiah can own Him as our King prematurely, but His Kingdom has actually NOT started and won't until He returns.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Thank you for your response and really going the mile!

Let's just see if the Godman Jesus was strong enough to attain complete victory of Satan at the Cross simply beginning with Lk.11:20, "...with God's finger expel the demons, them the Kingdom of God did already reach to you," ie, His Godman rule of N.T. grace.

Lk.11:21, 22, - v.22, "but whenever one stronger than he," ie, the tertium in the illustration is the fact that complete defeat must precede the act of plundering - God's Kingdom must have come before demons could be liberated as the Godman Jesus was liberating them. A syllogism underlies the illustration and its obvious application to the Godman Jesus and His Kingdom verses Satan and his kingdom. Major premise: Only complete victory allows plundering at will; minor: the Godman Jesus plunders Satan at will; conclusion: Jesus achieved complete victory over Satan resulting in Satan being thrown into the abyss (HELL) by Michael the Arch angel.

A walk in the park,

Old Jack

btw Jesus defeated Satan personally even before the Cross where at the Cross the Godman Jesus was exponentially stronger to the goo-gol plex power conquering Satan.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
shturt678 said:
Thank you for your response and really going the mile!

Let's just see if the Godman Jesus was strong enough to attain complete victory of Satan at the Cross simply beginning with Lk.11:20, "...with God's finger expel the demons, them the Kingdom of God did already reach to you," ie, His Godman rule of N.T. grace.

Lk.11:21, 22, - v.22, "but whenever one stronger than he," ie, the tertium in the illustration is the fact that complete defeat must precede the act of plundering - God's Kingdom must have come before demons could be liberated as the Godman Jesus was liberating them. A syllogism underlies the illustration and its obvious application to the Godman Jesus and His Kingdom verses Satan and his kingdom. Major premise: Only complete victory allows plundering at will; minor: the Godman Jesus plunders Satan at will; conclusion: Jesus achieved complete victory over Satan resulting in Satan being thrown into the abyss (HELL) by Michael the Arch angel.

A walk in the park,

Old Jack

btw Jesus defeated Satan personally even before the Cross where at the Cross the Godman Jesus was exponentially stronger to the goo-gol plex power conquering Satan.
Satan is not yet bound see: Rev Chapter 20
Floyd.