Will the real "Antichrist" please stand up?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
shturt678 said:
Thank you for your caring again!

I was going to cut you some slack with Rom.10:13, "shall call upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved." I have no doubt that you, along with most fallaciously untentionally think in terms of calling upon His "Title." Paul obviously is using Joel 2:32 which pointed to before the coming of the terrible day of the Lord, which would dawn after the outpouring of the Spirit of God upon all flesh.

Rom.10:12, "all those calling upon him:" Here there's more than just a pronoun: call upon "him"; here there's: "upon name of the Lord." in v.13. Paul retains the anarthrous Kuriou which is used in the LXX of Joel as a designation for Yahweh. So Paul identifies Christ and Yahweh because they are one in essence and being, Christ being the Son of God.

My point: call upon "the Name" of Yahweh always signifies the revelation, and not as in "Title."

Old Jack

Hey, we may agree to agree on something?
I go with the Word only Jack!!!
Floyd.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Floyd said:
I go with the Word only Jack!!!
Floyd.
Thank you for your response, and caring again!

Viewing the Bible translations as "the Word" results in "Temple" in the best commentary regarding the "Antichrist," ie, IIThess.2:4, where the correct rendition should be "Sanctuary."

I encourage you to scrutinize IIThess.2 over again contextually with a truer rendition using your Lexicon and Interlinear due to the hyperbaton and ancient Greek idiom.

Old Jack

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014

[SIZE=14pt]V.8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall (a)worship him every one whose name is not written in the (b)book of the life of the Lamb slain, from the foundation of the world.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt](a) Here is reached probably the highest point on earth (as opposed to heaven) for the beast/Satan, who now has many of the earth's population openly worshipping him directly, and via. his false messiah and false prophet, some believing that he is the true God. It is quite possible that the charade of Satan is so convincing that the established religions will accept him as Messiah (in the case of the Jews,) the risen Christ (in the case of Christendom,) and the hidden Imam (in the case of Islam.) This especially so as the beast will "hate the whore," (Rev. 17:16) and appear to destroy her, which is clearly false righteousness for the effect of drawing their large groups together. The question arises, who is this entity described as "the beast?" Chapter 2 of Daniel describes the figure in Nebuchadnezzar's dream. When the legs are reached they are described as iron (V.33,) and from history are clearly military and religious Rome. The ending of the military phase of Rome started in the 4th century A.D. under Constantine. He and his very influential mother Helena, began the conversion of the empire into a military and religious body, for many reasons, including the main one, effective control of the empire and people. Constantine set up his own capital at Byzantium/Stambul (Istambul) which he re-named Constantinople. This alienated Rome, which by the 11th century A.D., split completely into the East and West of the original "Holy Roman Empire." Since then the two have established separate orthodoxies, i.e. Eastern Orthodox, and Roman Church, (two legs.) The feet of the dream (Dan. 2:41) and the toes (V.42) are the subject of our present study. Verse 1 describes it as having 7 heads and 10 horns (the horns are assumed to be the toes of the "image" Dan. 2:41.) Other references to it are in Dan. 7:7 "ten horns," and 7:20 "ten horns." In 7:20 and 7:24 another horn rises and subdues 3 of them, and becomes very powerful. It is that horn in its power base that "makes war with the saints," 7:21 and 7:25. In Rev. 13, the beast has 7 heads. In Dan. 7:20 the ten horns are on one[/SIZE] head, implying that the 7 nations have become one power (Confederation,) under the most powerful horn 7:21. The identity of the little horn is the next concern. In Dan. 8:23 we are shown that he arrives out of the divided kingdom of Alexander the Great, (8:21-22,) which was divided between his four Generals at the death of Alexander. We also have many Scripture references to him. I.e; in Dan. 8:23 the correct Hebrew shows that "the transgressions," (against Israel) are to reach a peak, before "he," "shall stand up." This clearly points to the Tribulation imposed on the Jews by him (Satan) in the background, and almost certainly his full exposure ("standing up") will correspond with the breaking of "the covenant," (Dan. 9:27.) His highest representative on earth is commonly called "Antichrist." Through the Ages he has had various roles on earth i.e. (Isa. 14:4,) (Isa. 14:12,) (Isa. 14:25,) (Dan. 8:23,) (7:8) (Dan. 9:26,) (Dan. 11:36,) (Mic. 5:5,) (2 Thess. 2:3,) (2 Thess. 2:8,) (Rev. 13:1,) and (Rev. 13:18.) Some of the above apply to his future role as Antichrist.

[SIZE=14pt]IN SUMMARY, the "little horn," Antichrist emerges from the 4th beast (Confederacy) as its leader. Initially magnanimous to Israel, there is a 3½ year period of peace for them. After the first 3½ years, he breaks the agreement with Israel and they enter persecution (Jer. 30:7,) known in prophecy as "Jacob's Trouble," for 3½ years. However, this is the stage of the dramatic re-entry of the Christ of Jehovah onto the world stage for the first time in Power[/SIZE] (Dan. 2:34-35, 44 and 45,) (Isa.) (Zech.) (Ezk.) etc. (As opposed to His first Advent as the Son of Man, and the Sacrificial Lamb.) Simultaneously much is happening to the nations of the world, which is not of Satan, but the "wrath of God," (Rev. 16:1.)

[SIZE=14pt]There are some who claim that there is no such entity as "Antichrist," because the word is not used explicitly.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]This is not so, and is intended to deceive and unsettle those people that want the Truth regarding the future, from the Word of God. 1John 2:18 refers to the Antichrist in both singular and plural, the singular to the person, as embodied in the above text, and the plural in the general attitude and conviction in people against the person and Salvation work of Christ. The references in 2Thess. 2:3-9, is specific to the person, and descriptive of his actions in the last 3[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]½[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] years of time, prior to Christ's 2nd Advent![/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Any who try to argue against these truths, are identifying themselves as "antichrist" in the plural![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Floyd[/SIZE]

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Thank you for caring again!

Satan personally is locked in the abyss (hell), and must work through his agencies since the Cross where the symbolic 1,000 years began. Rev.13:1-10, "wild beast" is simply the whole antichristian power in the whole world. Rev.13:11-21, "another wild beast" is simply the whole antichristian propaganda (deceptive activity) in the whole world.

The Antichrist has been at the head of the apostasy of hypergrace from waaaay back where his power and authority seats himself right in the very sanctuary of God pawning himself off as God (IIThess.2:4; Rev.13:14b).

Old Jack

btw the Antichrist in IIThess.2:3 is simply a sequence of men where they have not the least idea that they could be the Antichrist during their reign. His power and authority has been standing up unknowingly in our hearts for centuries of course where one will find out immediately after one's passing. I just want to find out a little sooner sort of thing.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
shturt678 said:

Satan personally is locked in the abyss (hell), and must work through his agencies since the Cross where the symbolic 1,000 years began. Rev.13:1-10, "wild beast" is simply the whole antichristian power in the whole world. Rev.13:11-21, "another wild beast" is simply the whole antichristian propaganda (deceptive activity) in the whole world.

The Antichrist has been at the head of the apostasy of hypergrace from waaaay back where his power and authority seats himself right in the very sanctuary of God pawning himself off as God (IIThess.2:4; Rev.13:14b).

Old Jack

btw the Antichrist in IIThess.2:3 is simply a sequence of men where they have not the least idea that they could be the Antichrist during their reign. His power and authority has been standing up unknowingly in our hearts for centuries of course where one will find out immediately after one's passing. I just want to find out a little sooner sort of thing.
I keep telling you Jack; that is not so!

Floyd.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, guys.

Sorry to be away so long, but you have BOTH jumped the gun considerably. We have not yet established the fact that there were MANY christs or messiahs! This is important because only when one truly understands what a "messiah" or a "christ" is can one understand what an "anti-messiah" or an "anti-christ" is. You've both gone off into the never-never land of theological positions rather than understanding what the WORDS mean first!

It's NOT as cut-and-dry as either of you would like to believe, and THAT is why you have a difference of opinion! Get the MEANING correct and THEN worry about the details.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, guys.

Sorry to be away so long, but you have BOTH jumped the gun considerably. We have not yet established the fact that there were MANY christs or messiahs! This is important because only when one truly understands what a "messiah" or a "christ" is can one understand what an "anti-messiah" or an "anti-christ" is. You've both gone off into the never-never land of theological positions rather than understanding what the WORDS mean first!

It's NOT as cut-and-dry as either of you would like to believe, and THAT is why you have a difference of opinion! Get the MEANING correct and THEN worry about the details.
Over to you Retro.
Floyd.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, guys.

I recall going hunting about 60 years ago when a guy that was trigger happy, I think we use to call it, and I went 180 degrees from the way he went hunting for deer - I think he ran out of bullets with all kind of excuses and not one deer hair - wow! We can both hunt together carrying the precious Cross into IICor.11:4, "another Jesus" has been coming to pass for centuries for sure, ie, "many, many Christs."

Satan in his person fell off to never never land at the Cross where the Godman Jesus did him in. The Antichrist is reigning right this moment, ie, again, one just has to look within to see if his authority is reigning within?

Old Jack

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Jack.

shturt678 said:

I recall going hunting about 60 years ago when a guy that was trigger happy, I think we use to call it, and I went 180 degrees from the way he went hunting for deer - I think he ran out of bullets with all kind of excuses and not one deer hair - wow! We can both hunt together carrying the precious Cross into IICor.11:4, "another Jesus" has been coming to pass for centuries for sure, ie, "many, many Christs."

Satan in his person fell off to never never land at the Cross where the Godman Jesus did him in. The Antichrist is reigning right this moment, ie, again, one just has to look within to see if his authority is reigning within?

Old Jack
Well, actually, although haSatan has "had his fang, killing teeth pulled," so to speak, he's still at large, SCARING people into submission. He's still the roaring lion that walketh about seeking whom he may devour! He still has his "cheek teeth," his molars! He still is passing himself off as the "yin" to God's "yang," and He has NOT yet been nullified nor has he been chained and locked away. He is still very active in presenting himself as an alternative to God, and the occult is growing, even among those who claim the name of "Christ!"

1 Peter 5:8-9
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
KJV

As far as "another Yeshua`" is concerned, yes. There IS another "Yeshua`" and people pronounce His name "DZHEE-zus," a TERRIBLE mispronunciation of the transliteration of the Greek into Latin into English, spelled "J-E-S-U-S!" For the Greek into English transliteration, His name should AT LEAST be pronounced "Yay-SOOS" (like the Spanish "Hay-SOOS"), which is much closer to the Hebrew/Aramaic pronunciation of His GIVEN NAME pronounced "Yay-SHU-ah!" But, hey, a rose by any other name ....

And, you don't even as yet know what an "antichristos" is! So, how do you know he is "reigning" right now?! Don't speak words without knowledge.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
shturt678 said:

Old Jack
Only the "spirit" of anti-Christ is prevalent at the moment; not "the " Anti-Christ!
He has yet to appear on the world stage!
Floyd.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, Jack.

Well, actually, although haSatan has "had his fang, killing teeth pulled," so to speak, he's still at large, SCARING people into submission. He's still the roaring lion that walketh about seeking whom he may devour! He still has his "cheek teeth," his molars! He still is passing himself off as the "yin" to God's "yang," and He has NOT yet been nullified nor has he been chained and locked away. He is still very active in presenting himself as an alternative to God, and the occult is growing, even among those who claim the name of "Christ!"

1 Peter 5:8-9
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
KJV
Thank you for your response and caring again!

IPet.5:8, "devil" is obviously one of the many N.T. personifcations of Satan's power and authority as he has been bound in the abyss (hell) back at the precious ol' rugged Cross until Rev.20:7 of course.

As far as "another Yeshua`" is concerned, yes. There IS another "Yeshua`" and people pronounce His name "DZHEE-zus," a TERRIBLE mispronunciation of the transliteration of the Greek into Latin into English, spelled "J-E-S-U-S!" For the Greek into English transliteration, His name should AT LEAST be pronounced "Yay-SOOS" (like the Spanish "Hay-SOOS"), which is much closer to the Hebrew/Aramaic pronunciation of His GIVEN NAME pronounced "Yay-SHU-ah!" But, hey, a rose by any other name ....
I was hoping we could agree to agree more? However still appreciate you and your words sir. I think Jesus' name is first and foremost as opposed to any pronounciation. In 325 the council of Nicaea strongly affirmed His name, ie, the diety of Jesus (personal name) Christ (office), realizing that our salvation depends upon the Incarnation. If Jesus wasn't truly God and truly man (united), His death couldn't atone for our sin. Jesus' title is His personal name of course, however His name = the revelation His "Title" is based upon.

Only God would be capable of the infinite sacrifice necessary to the sins of the world.

And, you don't even as yet know what an "antichristos" is! So, how do you know he is "reigning" right now?! Don't speak words without knowledge.
Via IIThess.2:3-12 we, you and myself together, are to know what an "antichristos" is so that his power and authority isn't dwelling within (IIThess.2:4) even at this moment, correct?

Basic Bible 100, Satan is bound and must use his agencies where the "Antichrist" is simply one of those agencies, correct?

Old, working together, Jack

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Basic Bible 100, Satan is bound and must use his agencies where the "Antichrist" is simply one of those agencies, correct?

Old, working together, Jack

No Jack; Satan is at the moment free to "roam the earth" (Eph.).
Don't you remember what Jesus and Paul said of him?
Floyd.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, John S.

John S said:
If Satan is bound, then who tempted Adam and Eve?
If Satan is bound, then who tempted Jesus Christ?
Please pay closer attention to the details, and cut Jack some slack. ;) He DID say that he believes that haSatan was bound at the Crucifixion which is WELL after Adam and Eve and even after Yeshua` was tempted at the beginning of His first advent's ministry.

Sometimes we get so excited it's like a duck on a June bug! We jump before we think! That's alright; I'm the same way at times.

John S

Jun 4, 2013
Pennsylvania
Who's excited? It's just a really simple question.

Satan is NOT bound and will NOT be bound until Jesus Christ returns to end the Tribulation.

Reactions: DaDad

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
"Freedom" is to "our will" as "our will" is to "Gods will" and "Our will" is "Gods will" as "Time" is to "Eternity"

Colossians 1:16 - For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Satan is only free as far a God allows to be free, Satan is still bound by way of authority he can only do what he is permitted to do.

His freedom as is ours is only perceived by the restriction of time we currently find ourselves in.

​We also read in revelation of his pending destruction, he will even fail to deceive the inhabitants of earth a second time. and we know it before time, hows that for a huge kick in the nads.

The fact is his "free will" is just as enslaved as ours.

(God came into human history) The only difference being that through Christs atonement we are set free from his fate (Rev 20:10), something he can never acquire.

So his bondage is to judgement and he has already been weighed (Rev 20:10) If Gods word is true (eternal) his bondage is both present (in Judgement and Authority) and future (imprisonment and then destruction).

If the Kingdom is eternal and the future already past then Satan was defeated bound and destroyed as soon as he rebelled and deceived man.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Madad21 said:
"Freedom" is to "our will" as "our will" is to "Gods will" and "Our will" is "Gods will" as "Time" is to "Eternity"

Colossians 1:16 - For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Satan is only free as far a God allows to be free, Satan is still bound by way of authority he can only do what he is permitted to do.

His freedom as is ours is only perceived by the restriction of time we currently find ourselves in.

​We also read in revelation of his pending destruction, he will even fail to deceive the inhabitants of earth a second time. and we know it before time, hows that for a huge kick in the nads.

The fact is his "free will" is just as enslaved as ours.

(God came into human history) The only difference being that through Christs atonement we are set free from his fate (Rev 20:10), something he can never acquire.

So his bondage is to judgement and he has already been weighed (Rev 20:10) If Gods word is true (eternal) his bondage is both present (in Judgement and Authority) and future (imprisonment and then destruction).

If the Kingdom is eternal and the future already past then Satan was defeated bound and destroyed as soon as he rebelled and deceived man.
Retro; this seems to me a bit of a mental stretch!
The following is the start of a comment on Satan; the whole can be see in the Link:: Satan's Motivation:
Floyd.

[SIZE=20pt]Satan’s Motivation![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]First a few words on Satan himself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Scripture says that Satan was the most magnificent being that God created. The word Satan is Hebrew, and means “an adversary, an enemy, an accuser”. He has other names which are related to Greek, and his role in events yet to be. Note that he is a “created” being, not “begotten”, as only Jesus has that designation! Before Satan became the “adversary”, his name was “Lucifer”, which means “Morning star”, and his fall from favour is described in Isaiah 14:12-15.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]There is much confusion and myth regarding Satan, starting in the Garden of Eden. He is there in Gen. 3:1, called a “serpent”, from the Hebrew “nachash”, which means “to hiss, mutter, whisper, etc.”, which has been translated subsequently as “serpent”. An allied Chaldean word means “bright”, which chimes with other Scriptural comment describing Satan as having a “glorious appearance”. In Isaiah 6:2-6, the Hebrew word “seraph” is used to describe “heavenly beings” as “burning bright, and elevated”. In Numbers 21:8, “saraph” is “fiery serpent”. The words seraph and nachash are both used in Scripture to describe a serpent and a glorious spirit being. In 2 Cor. 11:3, Paul fears for the Corinthians, that they will be beguiled as Adam and Eve, and refers to the appearance of Satan on that occasion in 2 Cor. 11:14, [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]"that he has transformed himself into an angel of light".[/SIZE]

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Retrobyter said:
Please pay closer attention to the details, and cut Jack some slack. ;) He DID say that he believes that haSatan was bound at the Crucifixion which is WELL after Adam and Eve and even after Yeshua` was tempted at the beginning of His first advent's ministry.

Sometimes we get so excited it's like a duck on a June bug! We jump before we think! That's alright; I'm the same way at times.
Thank you again, ie, usually have to claim my senior senior status, age and mileage thing - this time I have a pass thanks to you.

The binding of Satan personally at the Cross only means that he shall not prevent the heralding of the gospel to all the nations. The way things are going now, he should be loosed soon or maybe loosed already in light of Rev.20:7 waaaay after the Cross for the benefit of my good Christian brother John S - no sarcasm as really appreciate your posts as well as others. The irony is that I agree with John S that when Jesus Returns (2nd and last Advent), the tribulation ends along with everythng else - the end, the "1" Parousia.

Old Jack's opinion

Floyd said:
There is some tugging and pulling alright, however with Isa.14:12-15 unknowingly thus going to help you a little brother Floyd. "Lucifer" is the Latin translation of the planet Venus in the Vulgate borrowed directly to the K.J.V. and so on. An epithet against the [human] rule of Babylon, ie, symbolical of the King of Babylon. Nothing to do with Satan.

The following is the start of a comment on Satan; the whole can be see in the Link:: [SIZE=20pt]Satan’s Motivation![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Scripture says that Satan was the most magnificent being that God created. The word Satan is Hebrew, and means “an adversary, an enemy, an accuser”. He has other names which are related to Greek, and his role in events yet to be. Note that he is a “created” being, not “begotten”, as only Jesus has that designation! Before Satan became the “adversary”, his name was “Lucifer”, which means “Morning star”, and his fall from favour is described in Isaiah 14:12-15.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]There is much confusion and myth regarding Satan, starting in the Garden of Eden. He is there in Gen. 3:1, called a “serpent”, from the Hebrew “nachash”, which means “to hiss, mutter, whisper, etc.”, which has been translated subsequently as “serpent”. An allied Chaldean word means “bright”, which chimes with other Scriptural comment describing Satan as having a “glorious appearance”. In Isaiah 6:2-6, the Hebrew word “seraph” is used to describe “heavenly beings” as “burning bright, and elevated”. In Numbers 21:8, “saraph” is “fiery serpent”. The words seraph and nachash are both used in Scripture to describe a serpent and a glorious spirit being. In 2 Cor. 11:3, Paul fears for the Corinthians, that they will be beguiled as Adam and Eve, and refers to the appearance of Satan on that occasion in 2 Cor. 11:14, [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]"that he has transformed himself into an angel of light".[/SIZE]

Old helpful Jack,

Now you and I are not doing orbits around Venus - great!

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Floyd, on 06 Jun 2014 - 12:27 AM, said:
Floyd said:
There is some tugging and pulling alright, however with Isa.14:12-15 unknowingly thus going to help you a little brother Floyd. "Lucifer" is the Latin translation of the planet Venus in the Vulgate borrowed directly to the K.J.V. and so on. An epithet against the [human] rule of Babylon, ie, symbolical of the King of Babylon. Nothing to do with Satan.
Jerome's translation for the Roman Church is corrupt; and pays homage to the requirements of the Roman See!
That translation cannot be used for serious Bible Spirit led study ; other than pure academic!
As regards your desire to "help" me understand Jack; I only need Scripture, the Holy Spirit ;and my own heart and mind "stayed on Him"; who is all Truth!!
I am surprised at your suggestion!
Floyd.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Floyd said:
The following is the start of a comment on Satan; the whole can be see in the Link:: [SIZE=20pt]Satan’s Motivation![/SIZE]

Ok Bud your a good man and you have great passion.

But your link didnt work

Please do me the common courtesy of telling why you disagree with a point without posting up links to pages of material from another website written in loud font. to argue your case for you. (I have no problems with refs but at least summarize your stance first)

Re My hypothesis (all be it subjective)

please tell me what you disagree with and why.

Satan regardless of power and motivation is a created being just like we are and as a created being still falls under higher Authority.
He may have power but he doesn't have the omnipotence or omnipresence of God who is eternal.
His fate is signed sealed and delivered, we are told before it even happens as if it has already happened, (Rev / actually all throughout the NT)
why is that?

If we saying that it hasn't happened yet?
then by that reasoning isnt it possible if not for our full confidence in God that our futures and Satans can still be undecided and therefore manipulated.?

What happened to Satan's plans when God made the decision to enter human history and change the future of his creation?

And when did God make that decision?

What did human history look like if ever there was a time before Gods decision to intervene.

In the Bible we are told that Satan's purpose is to destroy, other then destroying Gods creation and claiming an inferior godship with the unholy trinity portrayed in revelation what else can Satan do outside of that? (This is where the link you supplied may apply) If it were actually possible to overthrow God and claim his kingdom.

If you disagree with what I've said then tell me why,

Blessings :)