Will there be or is there a need for a future Messianic temple age?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Notice the following timing when Christ's Apostles sit upon the 12 thrones Jesus promised them...

Matt 19:28
28 And Jesus said unto them, "Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed Me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of His glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

KJV

If Lord Jesus were sitting upon His throne of inheritance already today, then His 12 Apostles should also be sitting upon those 12 thrones on earth, over the 12 tribes of Israel.

So no, Lord Jesus is not sitting upon His throne of inheritance today, which the throne He is to inherit is David's throne, an earthly throne. Jesus is sitting at the right hand of The Father's throne today, expecting, till all His enemies are made His footstool, which is about His future Millennial reign of Rev.20 and Zechariah 14.

Really? Jesus isn’t seated at the right hand of the Father?

Colossians 3:1
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

Ephesians 1:20
20 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms,

Hebrews 1:3
. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

Hebrews 10:12
12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God

The scriptures disagree with you

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rev 3:14
14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
KJV

The translation you're using is kind of misleading you. The Greek is pointing to The Chief of God's creation. If you recall, the Book of Hebrews tells us that all things were created through Jesus Christ. It doesn't mean Lord Jesus is reigning in His Kingdom today, especially since He made it plain that His Kingdom is NOT of this world...

John 18:36
36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if My kingdom were of this world, then would My servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is My kingdom not from hence.
KJV

Jesus is God and Gods reigns over everything

Psalms 97:1
The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad;
let the distant shores rejoice.

No His kingdom isn’t of this world but it is in it.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You mean those you listen to didn't show you Christ's Olivet discourse of Matthew 24 and Mark 13? That's where Lord Jesus warned about the coming of the final Antichrist working great signs and wonders that if it were possible, would deceive even His very elect.

Even Apostle Paul made it clear in 2 Thessalonians 2 that the "man of sin" working great signs and lying wonders sitting in another temple in Jerusalem must first come before Lord Jesus will return to defeat him.

If you heed those doctrines of men that try to place the Bible prophecies meant for the very end of this world about the coming pseudo-Christ, then you may be in danger if you're living when that false one shows up and the whole world believes he is God like he is to proclaim, according to Apostle Paul.

In the Olivit discourse Jesus warned about the Roman army not the antichrist they were the abomination see below the similarities

Matthew 24:15-21
15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’ spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetopgo down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath.21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.

Luke 21:20-24
20 “When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city. 22 For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written. 23 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people. 24 They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

Paul wasn’t talking about the temple he was talking about the church as we the church are Gods temple in the new covenant era it wasn’t Gods temple anymore that’s why He destroyed it through the Romans

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? Jesus isn’t seated at the right hand of the Father?

Colossians 3:1
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

Ephesians 1:20
20 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms,

Hebrews 1:3
. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

Hebrews 10:12
12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God

The scriptures disagree with you

No, the Scriptures don't disagree with me...

Heb 10:12-13
12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
KJV

Ps 110:1-2
110 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
2 The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

KJV

That Psalms 110 Scripture gives a very specific point about Christ's future reign on earth; "rule thou in the midst of thine enemies" means He reigns ON EARTH, over the nations, NOT FROM HEAVEN. That has never... happened yet, to this day. It will only happen on the day of His return, which is to the Mount of Olives east of Jerusalem per the Zechariah 14 Scripture.

Matt 22:44
44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
KJV

1 Cor 15:24-28
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
KJV

Heb 1:13
13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
KJV

Luke 1:31-33
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
KJV

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is God and Gods reigns over everything

Psalms 97:1
The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad;
let the distant shores rejoice.

No His kingdom isn’t of this world but it is in it.

Lord Jesus could take reign over all nations today any time he wanted, so there's no question about His Authority to reign. The matter is that He TOLD US WHEN He is coming back to reign over all nations and peoples, and to be waiting for Him to do that. Why is this important to understand?

It's because there are 'others' here on this earth that don't want... Him to come and reign over all nations and peoples here. They... instead want to have power and authority over this earth, without Him. They worship another instead of Him.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Olivit discourse Jesus warned about the Roman army not the antichrist they were the abomination see below the similarities

Matthew 24:15-21
15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’ spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetopgo down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath.21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.

Luke 21:20-24
20 “When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city. 22 For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written. 23 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people. 24 They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

Paul wasn’t talking about the temple he was talking about the church as we the church are Gods temple in the new covenant era it wasn’t Gods temple anymore that’s why He destroyed it through the Romans

Nah, Jesus was giving 7 Signs of the very end of this world in His Olivet discourse (Matthew 24 and Mark 13). The Luke 21 version doesn't mention the "abomination of desolation" idol event from Daniel 11, which the Roman general Titus DID NOT FULFILL.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We don
No, the Scriptures don't disagree with me...

Heb 10:12-13
12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
KJV

Ps 110:1-2
110 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
2 The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

KJV

That Psalms 110 Scripture gives a very specific point about Christ's future reign on earth; "rule thou in the midst of thine enemies" means He reigns ON EARTH, over the nations, NOT FROM HEAVEN. That has never... happened yet, to this day. It will only happen on the day of His return, which is to the Mount of Olives east of Jerusalem per the Zechariah 14 Scripture.

Matt 22:44
44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
KJV

1 Cor 15:24-28
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
KJV

Heb 1:13
13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
KJV

Luke 1:31-33
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
KJV

We don't need to go into insults here we are fellow brother discussing different views of the bible.

Do you realize that the future verses you quoted are before the cross?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will there be or is there a need for a future Messianic temple age?

Need? Probably so, to fulfill Prophecy.

2 Thes 2:
[4] Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God , or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

What is the Jewish belief in Moshiach or the messiah?

Primarily, Jews remaining under Mosaic Law, are still Waiting for their Messiah.
(Some Jews /as in Jesus' day/ are Believers in Jesus their Messiah. Present day, they identify as Messanic Jews.

One of the principles of Jewish faith enumerated by Maimonides is that one day there will arise a dynamic Jewish leader, a direct descendant of the Davidic dynasty, who will rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem,

Sure. Some Jews as do Converted Gentiles, believe that has already occured, in Jesus' day, when He arrived on Earth and took upon himself the seed of Abraham (thus also, the seed, kinship to: Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, and king David) all, of the tribes of Judah.
The building of a "new Temple" is commonly called "Christ's Church"...
Jesus the Chief Corner Stone.
Jesus the Head of the Chruch.
Every Converted man added to the membership of the Church, beginning with the faithful, converted Disciples. (The Chosen by Jesus (void Judas), and others who Followed along and believed and committed by confession of "their" heartful word.
Not a man-made building, rather A Spiritual Church within every member.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Marty fox

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don

We don't need to go into insults here we are fellow brother discussing different views of the bible.

Do you realize that the future verses you quoted are before the cross?

You are funny.

The very last Sign Jesus covered in His Olivet discourse was the events of His RETURN.

Now those false prophets who don't believe that Jesus literally returns to this earth in the future, those are called Full Preterists. They are wrongly taught by devils that Jesus' 2nd coming happened back in the days of His Apostles.

Partial Preterism, another lie from devils that have crept into Christ's Church, teach the lie that most Bible prophecy for the END has already been fulfilled. That is the false doctrine that YOU are pushing here.

Christ's Olivet discourse (Matthew 24 and Mark 13) are parallels to the Seals of Revelation 6. Who was given Christ's Book of Revelation? Christ's Churches were, and those Signs include events to happen leading up to Christ's FUTURE RETURN to this earth. Only devils teach that those Signs have already been completed.