Will Trump seek asylum in Israel and Build the 3rd Temple?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, Jesus was speaking of Himself when He spoke of the Temple (John 2:19). Is Donald John Trump... Jesus?

And Paul tells us that all we in Christ are the Temple that God is building now (Ephesians 2:19-22), built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets with Jesus Himself as the Cornerstone...

Goodness gracious, the things that go through people's heads...

giphy.gif
So I guess you think another Temple is not going to be built??????

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I guess you think another Temple is not going to be built??????
Not one made of stones (or wood, or bricks, or any other literal building material), no. And the one that will be built is being built now. :)

"Yet the Most High does not dwell in houses made by hands, as the prophet says, ‘Heaven is My throne, and the earth is My footstool. What kind of house will you build for Me,' says the Lord, 'or what is the place of my rest? Did not my hand make all these things?'" (Acts 7:48-50).

"So Paul, standing in the midst of the Areopagus, said... 'The God Who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man, nor is He served by human hands...'" (Acts 17:22-25).

"So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the Cornerstone, in Whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. In Him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit" (Ephesians 2:19-22).

Grace and peace to you, TL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite and rwb

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not one made of stones (or wood, or bricks, or any other literal building material), no. And the one that will be built is being built now. :)

"Yet the Most High does not dwell in houses made by hands, as the prophet says, ‘Heaven is My throne, and the earth is My footstool. What kind of house will you build for Me,' says the Lord, 'or what is the place of my rest? Did not my hand make all these things?'" (Acts 7:48-50).

"So Paul, standing in the midst of the Areopagus, said... 'The God Who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man, nor is He served by human hands...'" (Acts 17:22-25).

"So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the Cornerstone, in Whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. In Him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit" (Ephesians 2:19-22).

What about this verse? It looks like the Antichrist will go into the Temple of God. What Temple would this be?

2 Thes 2
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Reactions: 07-07-07

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about this verse? It looks like the Antichrist will go into the Temple of God. What Temple would this be?

2 Thes 2
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
Well I would exhort you this first... Put down your KJV and start reading the ESV (or maybe the NASB or NIV) instead. Not that the KJV is heretical or even says anything different, but because of the antiquated language can be misleading.

Okay, back to our regularly scheduled programming... :)

"Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God."
(2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 [ESV])​

To put it very succinctly, I understand this "man of lawlessness" and "son of destruction" to be not a human being but rather Satan himself, the devil, who is the father of lies (John 8:44), the deceiver (Revelation 12:9). It is who Jesus is speaking of in John 8, when he tells the Jews gathered around Him there, "You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies." He imitates Christ (a prominent theme throughout John's Revelation), and is doing so even now, but one day will be revealed for who he is ~ by Jesus Himself ~ which is what Paul goes on to say:

"For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work. Only he who now restrains it will do so until he is out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will kill with the breath of his mouth and bring to nothing by the appearance of his coming."
(2 Thessalonians 2:7-8)​

We see this happening, again, metaphorically, in Revelation 19:11-21 and again in Revelation 20:7-10, which are different visions of the same event. But in 2 Thessalonians, my understanding of Paul is that he is speaking metaphorically there, and personifying Satan himself. A lot of things are personified throughout the Bible ~ as wisdom is personified as a very attractive woman by Solomon throughout Proverbs, for example), but they are not actual human beings. John is speaking along the same lines in 1 John, where he says actual people in his day (and presumably now, too) are antichrists (1 John 1:18, 22)... they have the spirit of antichrist (rather than the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God/Christ), which was in the world even in that day and is now (1 John 4:3).

Last edited:

Tomorrow

Aug 14, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, Jesus was speaking of Himself when He spoke of the Temple (John 2:19). Is Donald John Trump... Jesus
You know, Jesus was speaking of Himself when He spoke of the Temple (John 2:19). Is Donald John Trump... Jesus?

And Paul tells us that all we in Christ are the Temple that God is building now (Ephesians 2:19-22), built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets with Jesus Himself as the Cornerstone...

Goodness gracious, the things that go through people's heads...

giphy.gif
According to Ephesians 2 that you posted, and President Trump being Christian, you, me, and Donald are those temples.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I would exhort you this first... Put down your KJV and start reading the ESV (or maybe the NASB or NIV) instead. Not that the KJV is heretical or even says anything different, but because of the antiquated language can be misleading.
It always raises my eyebrow when someone doesn't recommend the KJV . The KJV has been used for 400 years and has evidently been blessed by God to be used. When in;

2 Thessalonians 2:3 - Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Where is the antiquated words? I believe the King James translators were correct when stating a falling away will be first. That is what is going on today. Nobody is in rebellion, they are literally not going to church, and not being "religious".

Reactions: rwb

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It always raises my eyebrow when someone doesn't recommend the KJV . The KJV has been used for 400 years and has evidently been blessed by God to be used. When in;

2 Thessalonians 2:3 - Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Where is the antiquated words? I believe the King James translators were correct when stating a falling away will be first. That is what is going on today. Nobody is in rebellion, they are literally not going to church, and not being "religious".
I'm not saying it's particularly antiquated in this specific passage, RD, but overall, it is, and in several passages particularly so. Again, it's not wrong, it's just harder for us because here we are many centuries later, and the English language has... evolved (although that's kind of a "bad word" in Christian circles :))... to a fairly large degree.

Yes, I agree, the falling away will be first. Yes, I agree also that it's going on now, and I would add has been since the early days of the church, which John is very clear on in 1 John 2:18-19 ~ "Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us."

Grace and peace to you.

Reactions: rwb and Rockerduck

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The beast, known as the anti-christ, is a man. It takes overly spiritualizing the Scriptures to form any other conclusion.

Daniel 11
[21] And in his estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.
[22] And with the arms of a flood shall they be overflown from before him, and shall be broken; yea, also the prince of the covenant.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To put it very succinctly, I understand this "man of lawlessness" and "son of destruction" to be not a human being but rather Satan himself, the devil, who is the father of lies

"For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work. Only he who now restrains it will do so until he is out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will kill with the breath of his mouth and bring to nothing by the appearance of his coming."
(2 Thessalonians 2:7-8)​
The "man" of Lawlessness cannot possibly be Satan, as when the Lord appears at His coming, he destroys this man.

We know Satan is bound for 1000 years when Jesus returns and we know the man of lawlessness is killed. They cannot be the same.

Be wise and change your mind as the facts compel it.

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The building of the 3rd Temple is a requirement, according to Scripture, to fulfill all that is written of the end of days to usher in the triumphant return of Jesus Christ.

2 Thessalonians 2
[3] Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin [the anti-christ] be revealed, the son of perdition;
[4] Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
Nonsense. 2 Thessalonians has already happened. This idea that God still needs a physical temple to be built to accomplish his plan, goes against everything that Jesus taught us. Jesus is the new temple, and he lives within us. From the perspective of a Christian, it's absolutely non-sensical to believe that God still wants a temple to be built. Absolute nonsense. It makes no sense at all. None.

I get that Jews want a temple because they don't believe Christ is the saviour, but we know better. We know the Jews are wrong. That's the entire basis of our faith, knowing that Jesus has restored our connection to heaven, so that a temple building is no longer necessary. He is the perfect temple. We know this. No Christian should ever work towards, or look forward to, the building of a third temple because it would be the very act of denying our faith in Christ.

The verse you quote does not prove another temple needs to be built. Instead it proves that it refers to an event in our past, as the temple has already been destroyed. We know it must refer to the past, not only because the temple no longer exists, but also because with Jesus we no longer need a physical temple, and in fact claiming that we do, would be a rejection of Christ and all that he has accomplished.

To believe 2 Thessalonians is in our future, literally requires you to throw away your faith in Christ. I would rather throw away the notion of a future fulfillment, and keep my faith in Christ.

• Love
Reactions: rwb

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The beast, known as the anti-christ, is a man. It takes overly spiritualizing the Scriptures to form any other conclusion.
Many say that, yes. :)

Daniel 11
[21] And in his estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.
[22] And with the arms of a flood shall they be overflown from before him, and shall be broken; yea, also the prince of the covenant.
Much of Daniel, especially the latter half of Daniel, is of the apocalyptic literature genre, which is intensely metaphorical and filled with symbolism. This doesn't make it less literal, per se, but not woodenly so.

Grace and peace to you, 777.

Last edited:

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "man" of Lawlessness cannot possibly be Satan, as when the Lord appears at His coming, he destroys this man.
Well, I agree about the "destroying," and "bringing to nothing" (although we may understand a bit differently and/or what this destruction... bringing to nothing... really is), and that it will occur, once and for all, when the Lord returns. But not that he "cannot possibly be Satan." You can't rule out that possibility, and to that end, I cannot totally rule out that he is a man. But... I feel quite sure; you do, too; fair enough.

We know Satan is bound for 1000 years when Jesus returns...
Well, some understand Satan to be bound now...

giphy.gif

We don't need to start arguing about this, but I think this backs up what I believe concerning this:

"But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. Or how can someone enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man? Then indeed he may plunder his house" (Matthew 12:28-29).

This is Jesus talking, of course, and He is speaking of Satan. And, metaphorically, Jesus is plundering Satan's house even now. So, necessarily (because of what Jesus says here), Satan is bound ~ in the sense that he cannot "deceive the nations" (which means he cannot prevent the spread of the Gospel) for now, which is exactly what John says in Revelation 20:3. But, near the end of the age, he will "released for a little while" at some point ~ possibly very soon ~ as John says in that same verse.

and we know the man of lawlessness is killed.
Hm. Well, not annihilated. Annihilationism is... well, not right... :) "Brought to nothing" can also ~ and I believe it does in this case ~ mean that this man of lawlessness is subjected to complete ruination, devoid of any hope of redemption or rest or comfort of any kind... and with the knowledge that he/she could have had it all in full... and with no one to blame but himself... for eternity. This will be the "fire" he dwells in (Luke 16), his "worm that will not die" (Mark 9), and his torturous eternal existence (Revelation 20:11). And he will not be alone in that place (Matthew 7, Matthew 25, Mark 9, Luke 16, Revelation 20:15)... That's a bit frightening, no?

They cannot be the same.
Far be it from me to deprive you of your opinion (as if I could actually do that anyway...). :)

Be wise and change your mind as the facts compel it.
Opinion respected. And, whether you respect it or not, as I've said before, I'm very much okay with you calling what I say my opinion. :)

Grace and peace to you.

Last edited:

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Ephesians 2 that you posted, and President Trump being Christian, you, me, and Donald are those temples.
LOL! Well, stones in the temple. And... well, I'd just say we can't really be sure of anyone but ourselves. That's what our faith is: God's assurance of things hoped for, and conviction, which can only come via the Holy Spirit, of things unseen (Hebrews 11:1). Donald... I don't even want to speculate about that man... :)

Grace and peace to you, Tomorrow.

Reactions: Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Aug 14, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL! Well, stones in the temple. And... well, I'd just say we can't really be sure of anyone but ourselves. That's what our faith is: God's assurance of things hoped for, and conviction, which can only come via the Holy Spirit, of things unseen (Hebrews 11:1). Donald... I don't even want to speculate about that man... :)

Grace and peace to you, Tomorrow.
God knows. That's what matters Grace and peace to you also.

Reactions: PinSeeker

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We see this happening, again, metaphorically, in Revelation 19:11-21 and again in Revelation 20:7-10, which are different visions of the same event.

The two passages describe VASTLY different events at two different locations and times.

At Armageddon two armies meet, one from heaven and one from the Earth. The Earthly army is led by Satan, the beast and FP. The army of the beast does not travel to Jerusalem but rather dies there in that valley.

In Rev 20, outside of Jerusalem there is only one army and only satan leads it because the beast and FP were cast into the LOF a 1000 years earlier at the battle of Armageddon.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The two passages describe VASTLY different events at two different locations and times.

At Armageddon two armies meet, one from heaven and one from the Earth. The Earthly army is led by Satan, the beast and FP. The army of the beast does not travel to Jerusalem but rather dies there in that valley.

In Rev 20, outside of Jerusalem there is only one army and only satan leads it because the beast and FP were cast into the LOF a 1000 years earlier at the battle of Armageddon.

Well, from my understanding of Revelation 16:12-16, I believe that it is presently unfolding before us as the kings of the earth are presently being gathered together to assemble at Armageddon in our near future when the Isaiah 24:21-22 judgement of the kings of the earth and the heavenly hosts will occur and they will be imprisoned in the Bottomless pit for 1,000 year,

In Revelation 17 we are told that the beast will rise up out of the bottomless pit to go destruction. In Revelation 13 we are told that the False Prophet, called the Little Horn in the Old Testament, will come up out of the earth, i.e., the bottomless pit. Both can only happen after the bottomless pit is unlocked by the angel who is given the key to the bottomless pit. The first entities that rise up out of the Bottomless pit are the judged kings of the earth, in Revelation 9.

My sense is that your understanding of the end time is a "little" suspect.

Shalom

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My sense is that your understanding of the end time is a "little" suspect.

You did not address the content of my post so who cares about your illogical conclusion regarding my end times understanding? Sheesh, you think Armageddon is close to happening and think my end times understanding is flawed? lol *SMH*

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You did not address the content of my post so who cares about your illogical conclusion regarding my end times understanding? Sheesh, you think Armageddon is close to happening and think my end times understanding is flawed? lol *SMH*

It seems that you have a reading comprehension problem as I did address what you had written in this post

If you cannot connect the dots in my post rebutting what you had written then the issues and problems lies with you and not me.

Shalom

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Made by man? Sure.

Jesus will build His own throne and Temple. That is what most deny, even those who think men will build it. That Temple cannot even be built, until after the Second Coming and Jesus totally changes the geographical structure of the ME.

Man's works will be burned up. That is a given per 2 Peter 3.

You are thinking about the temple between the Cross and the Second Coming. No one is arguing that point. That temple will be removed at the Second Coming.