Will you "Be Clothed" OR "Found Naked"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

High Premise

Mar 18, 2021
Ballard, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
II Corinthians 5
3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

High Premise

Mar 18, 2021
Ballard, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be more to the point, The Five Foolish Virgins of Matthew 25 will be "Found Naked".
Whereas the Five Wise Virgins shall be "Clothed Upon".

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
II Corinthians 5
3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

As it says in verses 5 and 6, He has given me the "earnest" of the Spirit, so I am always confident. This is why I think evidences of the Holy Spirit operating in our lives is so important to the believer. It encourages us to continue in laboring for Him, that we be accepted (v.8-9).

God bless, and welcome to Christianity Board.

High Premise

Mar 18, 2021
Ballard, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As it says in verses 5 and 6, He has given me the "earnest" of the Spirit, so I am always confident. This is why I think evidences of the Holy Spirit operating in our lives is so important to the believer. It encourages us to continue in laboring for Him, that we be accepted (v.8-9).

God bless, and welcome to Christianity Board.

Yes, the earnest of the spirit is for you to engage, so you're not found naked, but to be clothed upon.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the earnest of the spirit is for you to engage, so you're not found naked, but to be clothed upon.
Look to the beginning of the chapter,

2 Corinthians 5:1-3 KJV
1) For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2) For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
3) If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

We right now are alive in the heavenlies. We have a celestial existance, not immaterial, but with a celestial body.

2 Corinthians 5:4-6 KJV
4) For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
5) Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.
6) Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

God made us for this. And as proof of His intention, He as given to us His Spirit.

So we can be confident!

Much love!

High Premise

Mar 18, 2021
Ballard, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look to the beginning of the chapter,

2 Corinthians 5:1-3 KJV
1) For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2) For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
3) If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

We right now are alive in the heavenlies. We have a celestial existance, not immaterial, but with a celestial body.

2 Corinthians 5:4-6 KJV
4) For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
5) Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.
6) Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

God made us for this. And as proof of His intention, He as given to us His Spirit.

So we can be confident!

Much love!

All depends on where you think 'Heaven' is.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pop-culture prophets never did do it for me.
Just wanted to see how you would respond to 'where the veil' is.
Too sacred to be shared on a forum like this.
Gee, and I posted the song to see how you would react!
:)

The veil is the veil of our flesh. We experience our lives through the doorways of our fleshy bodies, though we live a celestial life. Were we to open our celestial eyes, if you will, we would see, we are seated together in the heavenly realm. We are hid with Christ in God.

This is what it means that we are not in flesh, but in spirit, if the Spirit of Christ live in you.

Before we were reborn, we lived descended from Adam, fleshy children of fleshy Adam, and that flesh having been corrupted by sin.

In our rebirth, we are spirit children of our heavenly Father, using the body of the child of Adam. We experience life through our senses, but we experience God through our spirit.

Sometimes He'll show us things, but the rule of our lives is that we walk by faith, and not by sight.

It's that sight, the living in flesh not yet transformed, this is the veil we cannot see through. But Jesus has already passed through the veil, and holds us fast through the veil,

"I am the resurrection and the life, the one believing into me, though dying, shall live!"

Much love!

High Premise

Mar 18, 2021
Ballard, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gee, and I posted the song to see how you would react!
:)

The veil is the veil of our flesh. We experience our lives through the doorways of our fleshy bodies, though we live a celestial life. Were we to open our celestial eyes, if you will, we would see, we are seated together in the heavenly realm. We are hid with Christ in God.

This is what it means that we are not in flesh, but in spirit, if the Spirit of Christ live in you.

Before we were reborn, we lived descended from Adam, fleshy children of fleshy Adam, and that flesh having been corrupted by sin.

In our rebirth, we are spirit children of our heavenly Father, using the body of the child of Adam. We experience life through our senses, but we experience God through our spirit.

Sometimes He'll show us things, but the rule of our lives is that we walk by faith, and not by sight.

It's that sight, the living in flesh not yet transformed, this is the veil we cannot see through. But Jesus has already passed through the veil, and holds us fast through the veil,

"I am the resurrection and the life, the one believing into me, though dying, shall live!"

Much love!
Nice display of scriptures, the interpretation of them is tangled though.
It appears the upshot of your synopsis is, You will be 'Found Naked' -
No "be transfigured by the renewing of the mind" for you.

You quoted John 11:25, then Jesus said in John 11:26 -
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice display of scriptures, the interpretation of them is tangled though.
It appears the upshot of your synopsis is, You will be 'Found Naked' -
No "be transfigured by the renewing of the mind" for you.

You quoted John 11:25, then Jesus said in John 11:26 -
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Untangle then.