Will you enjoy Heaven knowing your mother, sister, son, etc., are suffering in Hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No problem, right?

No problem...ha! I do not know how Calvinists do it. They can "bring up a child in the way they should go" but if they were not chosen to be saved, won't matter how good Christian parents bring up their kids.

My guess is that after God wipes our tears away, we will see everything differently. He will show us perhaps, what He sees in an unsaved person perhaps? And, seeing them as He does would change our hearts and minds. But then again, there is a scripture verse saying we will remember no more the things of the earth, or the "world". ¯\_(ヅ)_/¯

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Personally, I believe it is the punishment of eternal fire, not the eternal punishment of fire. Otherwise, wouldn't that make God a monster, considering He has all foreknowledge? He is either the God of love or He isn't. I believe He is. Shalom

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 21:4

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.

Well, how can we be happy knowing that some of our loved ones are suffering horribly in Hell?

Reactions: April_Rose

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, how can we be happy knowing that some of our loved ones are suffering horribly in Hell?
What is Hell?

full

Oh, I see. Hell is where babies come from.

Can I get a confirmation?

Matthew 23:15
"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves."

Yep. Even Jesus said it. Children come from Hell.

How about another Witness...

Isaiah 51:1
"Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the LORD: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged."

Wait... people come from the Pit? I thought the "Pit" was Hell?

Isaiah 51:2
"Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him."

Oh, I see. Sarah, or rather her Womb, is the 'Pit'.

Well, what do you know? Hell is simply a parable for the place we all came from.

I wonder how we got there to begin with?

full

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heaven is going to be awesome...
All have the same opportunity.
I won't be missing anything or anyone.

God has been more than fair. Always faithful and consistent.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No problem, right?
This is a silly question, IMO.

Of course, no one here wants to think our loved ones will end up in hell! The fact is we don't know for sure who will end up there. Only God does. You never know if someone has repented as they are dying.

In heaven, God will wipe away every tear and there will be no more sorrow, no more crying....

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No problem, right?
I'm another person that doesn't believe a non-believers fate is forever being bonfire-fuel.

Rather, I believe that after a time of torment, a non-believer will be able to receive the most happiness from God that they are comfortable with. That's not the crown of a glorious co-heir with Christ-- such a person won't be comfortable with that because it's not the type of life they've lived or person they are.

As to my feelings on it: obviously I would like every person to have the full happiness of embracing Christ in this lie and the next. Yes, it makes me sad that some people don't want that and choose lesser things. But I also do move on from that feeling, acknowledging that such is their choice.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Erasing one's fond memories of a loved one violates their free-will. I don't believe that God does such a thing. My GUESS is that nobody goes to Hell permanently.

Reactions: Waiting on him

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Erasing one's fond memories of a loved one violates their free-will. I don't believe that God does such a thing. My GUESS is that nobody goes to Hell permanently.
Everyone gets to have their own opinion!

:)

Do you remember the birth canal? Your first look at your mother?

No?

Who would DARE erase such wonderful memories??? I can't imagine!

But then, I can't think of any place where the Bible says God will erase our memories. But it does say we won't remember.

Much love!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No problem, right?
Charles "Taze" Russell had so many fears and concerns about Hell that he started a religion that denied the existence of Hell and printed a Bible to deny the Deity of Christ...amongst other things.
Life is not fair and reality is harsh.
Considering heaven is sort of a reward there is very little in the scriptures that describes it.
There been times I have been tasked to explain elements of Astrophysics and Quantum mechanics to groups. I get the deer in the headlights look if I get into the details. So i learned to explain things in simplistic functions. I am thinking that is the same reason that we only get short and simple explanations about Heaven because most of it would be hard for us to comprehend.
But were told that there will be no sadness or tears in Heaven so if we are going to trust God this far, it only makes since to figure He has plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: K9Buck