Willful Sin is simply premeditated

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:IDK:

“…if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” (Hebrews 10:26-27)
Willfully sinning again is to return to the world, where there is no washing of the blood of the Lamb.

It's only reprobation, if we refuse to renew repentance, as when we first believed unto righteousness.

If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Renewing wilful sin, is not necessarily falling away to wilfully refuse to renew repentance.

Falling away to willful sinning again, is sinning unto death, for which there is no hope nor prayer.

If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

Wilfully sinning and refusing to repent, is not the same as sinning by falling into temptation.

Not all sinners of the world have known the truth and refuse to repent. That is the reprobation of falling away back to the world again.

And that is left to the judgment of God, who no longer draws them to repentance.

If I willingly get drunk again, then I am wilfully sinning, and I have no sacrifice in the Lamb of God. If I refuse to repent as once before, and continue in getting wilfully drunk from time to time for life, then I have fallen away back to wilfully sinning as the old man before.

There would be no sacrifice for me by the Lamb of God, no matter what other good works I may do.

Last edited:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

And they answered Jesus, and said, We cannot tell. And he said unto them, Neither tell I you by what authority I do these things.

The endless debate about faith alone vs faith with works, is over.

You don't believe we can all live righteously in Him and walk as He walked as a man on earth. You don't believe unto righteousness.

If you ever do believe unto righteousness from the heart, then Jesus will gladly give you His divine power and nature to help you to do His righteousness by grace.

Until then, you are welcome to your own faith alone, and the gospel of unrighteous, imperfect, flawed, sinning Christian living, that comes with it.

It doesn't matter to me one bit. Have at it unto death for all I care. It's your soul, not mine.
I'm not interested in your eisegesis or your "works based" false gospel. (2 Corinthians 4:3,4) Those who teach sinless perfection are suffering from a terminal case of self righteousness. (1 John 1:8-10) Jesus Christ is the ALL-SUFFICIENT means of my salvation. (Romans 1:16; 3:24-28; 4:5-6; 5:1; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4; Ephesians 2:8,9; Philippians 3:9 etc..) No supplements needed. I will continue to believe in the name of the Son of God and know that I have eternal life. (1 John 5:13) Praise God!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gospel Believer

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So anything short of sinless perfection from initial conversion to physical death for Christians means they have willfully sinned based on Hebrews 10:26 (according to you) and do not live righteously, are not righteous, and do not walk as Jesus walked at all? Is that your conclusion? So only Christians who live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) will be saved according to you? Do you believe that describes you?
That's the problem, those who teach the Law don't hear what the Law says. Once and done! That's all you get.

This thread about wilfull sin, it only denies that all sin has the same consequence. No Christian commits "unwilfull sin". It may seem like that, but if it does, it's just a lie we are telling our self.

Much love!

Reactions: Gospel Believer

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There would be no sacrifice for me by the Lamb of God, no matter what other good works I may do.
That expression, No more sacrifice, it means the ending of a series. Not that a certain sacrifice ceases to apply.

So this thread stands on a faulty foundation.

Much love!

Reactions: mailmandan

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Willfully sinning is simple: they will do it.

It's premeditated and planned, just like any sinner planning on getting drunk, or thieving, or fornicating, or murdering...

Christians who do so, have departed Christ and His commandment. They can still confess and repent afterward, if the Advocate for the world draws them.

Like the mad prophet, that wouldn't even listen to a donkey warning him not to, and was blind to the Lord with drawn sword.

As a generalization, this is true.

There is however, a distinct difference between "willful" sin, and what would be better understood as "admitted" or confessed sin. The difference is in the heart. This is what Paul referred to saying that what he willed to do he did not do, but what he did not will to do, that he did...meaning his heart had changed--even completely, but the flesh was still weak. Or perhaps better stated: the flesh was still the flesh, and while he had been born again of the spirit (in heart), his flesh had not yet died. Which is were the grace of God comes in.

Before Paul expressed the issue so, the grace of God was not much of a topic in the scriptures. Never before had sinful men walked without the law while remaining in sinful flesh. Of which he described, as "we who are alive and remain."

To the contrary, those who actually "willfully" sin, actually don't have it in their heart not to do so.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep! Every time you commit a sin, it's because you either chose to do it, or failed to choose to not do it, however you want to say it.

What sin do you commit that is unwillful?

Much love!
The distinction later on in the thread, is made between planned will by lust to sin, and sudden reaction unplanned and repented of.

It's one thing to be purposely driving to a place of adultery, and another to curse at a driver that almost collides with you.

Similar spirit of course, but different in premeditation. It is possible for me to curse unawares by events, and ask forgiveness of the Lord, but it is not possible for me purposely get drunk, and think to be forgiven of the Lord at the same time.

The OSAS delusion of preforgiveness of all sinning past, present, and future, teaches willful sinning for Christians.

Willful sinning is presumptive sinning, that mocks God's longsuffering mercy.

And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That expression, No more sacrifice, it means the ending of a series. Not that a certain sacrifice ceases to apply.

So this thread stands on a faulty foundation.

Much love!
Sophistry with words of Scripture, does nothing but show personal opinion favored over plain meaning of words.

No more sacrifice means no more blood to wash. No more washing of blood means no more blood of sacrifice to apply.

So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

OSAS people are famous for changing the meaning of words, and then declaring what is true or not by them.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sophistry with words of Scripture, does nothing but show personal opinion favored over plain meaning of words.

No more sacrifice means no more blood to wash. No more washing of blood means no more blood of sacrifice to apply.
It actually means what I've said, were you to look at the passage in it's Greek rendering, you would see that, but you do not look. Why won't you?

Instead you just call it opinion. But that's a beautiful thing about Koine Greek, it is extremely specific. No more sacrifice means that you can't offer yet another. I know you don't receive this from me, do the research yourself. Look at the words used, and look at they are used elsewhere in the Scriptures.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's one thing to be purposely driving to a place of adultery, and another to curse at a driver that almost collides with you.
Both are fleshy, both are sin, and both are under your choosing. Cursing a driver is because you aren't already loving them, which is sin. All that is not of faith is sin, and we are commanded to be believing. Don't you see how deep this goes? We must not excuse some sins because they seem minor to us. Do you know that cursing a driver may be the greater sin than fornication, if in fact it shows someone's monstrous arrogance and malice towards others, compared to a sloppy lack of self control?

But even so sin is sin is sin. You cannot rightfully claim that "those sins" will separate you from God, while "these sins" won't.

Even a curse when you stub your toe impugnes God's sovereignty and wisdom and love.

Much love!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not interested in your eisegesis or your "works based" false gospel. (2 Corinthians 4:3,4) Those who teach sinless perfection are suffering from a terminal case of self righteousness. (1 John 1:8-10) Jesus Christ is the ALL-SUFFICIENT means of my salvation. (Romans 1:16; 3:24-28; 4:5-6; 5:1; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4; Ephesians 2:8,9; Philippians 3:9 etc..) No supplements needed. I will continue to believe in the name of the Son of God and know that I have eternal life. (1 John 5:13) Praise God!
Whatever. Your faith to be saved with continued sinning, is not the faith unto righteousness given by Jesus Christ.

And so, you can continue to repeat to yourself, your own personal doctrine of faith alone unto sinfulness.

I'll continue to preach believing in Jesus unto His righteousness.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a generalization, this is true.

There is however, a distinct difference between "willful" sin, and what would be better understood as "admitted" or confessed sin. The difference is in the heart. This is what Paul referred to saying that what he willed to do he did not do, but what he did not will to do, that he did...meaning his heart had changed--even completely, but the flesh was still weak.
I agree with this. Willful sinning is a heart of lust, that repents not. It is a heart that is set on personal sinning.

That is not the double mindedness you speak of in Romans 7, because there is still godly sorrow accompanying the repeated sinning by temptation. They still seek the grace of repentance to walk only after the Spirit, and no more after the flesh in Romans 8,

O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

However, it's more accurate to say we would still have weakness with our flesh, rather than our flesh having it's own weakness.

Sinfulness of man is with the flesh, not the flesh having sinfulness of it's own. While the KJV translation of being in the likeness of 'sinful flesh', is not inaccurate, I translate differently alongside 1 Tim 3:16: The Lord is come in the flesh, after the likeness of sinful men, yet without sinning like all men.

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful men of flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Or perhaps better stated: the flesh was still the flesh, and while he had been born again of the spirit (in heart), his flesh had not yet died.
In Romans 7, we have not yet died to the flesh, as we ought. Our old man and life of sinning, is not fully crucified on our own cross.

When our mortal bodies do die, we will either be found doing righteously as He, or dying while sinning with the devil.

Which is were the grace of God comes in.
Not to cover continued sinning, but help with power not to continue sinning. Grace of God is the powerful help of Jesus not to sin in works of the flesh. It is not a powerful help to be covered, while sinning with the flesh.

Before Paul expressed the issue so, the grace of God was not much of a topic in the scriptures. Never before had sinful men walked without the law while remaining in sinful flesh. Of which he described, as "we who are alive and remain."
This is the sinful Gentiles without the law,

For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

It has nothing to with righteous saints in Christ Jesus, fulfilling the law righteously, by doing His righteousness under grace.

Jesus was the first, and we are to do the same and walk as He walked in our own lives.

To the contrary, those who actually "willfully" sin, actually don't have it in their heart not to do so.
Very true and well said: they cling to their lust and plan to do their sin, no matter what God or man says.

They are once again the old man returned to living on earth. There remains no more sacrifice for sinning, than before the old man was ever crucified on our cross in the first place.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, it's more accurate to say we would still have weakness with our flesh, rather than our flesh having it's own weakness.
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak, this is how the Bible speaks.

Romans 6:19 KJV
I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are once again the old man returned to living on earth. There remains no more sacrifice for sinning, than before the old man was ever crucified on our cross in the first place.
If the old man was crucified, how is it that he returns?

Much love!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with this. Willful sinning is a heart of lust, that repents not. It is a heart that is set on personal sinning.

That is not the double mindedness you speak of in Romans 7, because there is still godly sorrow accompanying the repeated sinning by temptation. They still seek the grace of repentance to walk only after the Spirit, and no more after the flesh in Romans 8,

O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Sinfulness of man is with the flesh, not the flesh having sinfulness of it's own. While the KJV translation of being in the likeness of 'sinful flesh', is not inaccurate, I translate differently alongside 1 Tim 3:16: The Lord is come in the flesh, after the likeness of sinful men, yet without sinning like all men.

Paul (the scriptures) does not make the distinction in that way, but rather that "there is a law" existing in the flesh, which is the law of sin and death.

In Romans 7, we have not yet died to the flesh, as we ought. Our old man and life of sinning, is not fully crucified on our own cross.

When our mortal bodies do die, we will either be found doing righteously as He, or dying while sinning with the devil.

Not to cover continued sinning, but help with power not to continue sinning. Grace of God is the powerful help of Jesus not to sin in works of the flesh. It is not a powerful help to be covered, while sinning with the flesh.

This is the sinful Gentiles without the law,

For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

It has nothing to with righteous saints in Christ Jesus, fulfilling the law righteously, by doing His righteousness under grace.

Jesus was the first, and we are to do the same and walk as He walked in our own lives.

Very true and well said: they cling to their lust and plan to do their sin, no matter what God or man says.

Your desire to see the flesh as born free of sin is getting in the way of getting an accurate understanding of Romans. To the contrary, the fact that Christ clarified that we must be born [again] not in or of the flesh, but of the spirit of God as separated, does not allow for sin or the flesh to be forgiven as such. But allows forgiveness and new life free and clear of the body of flesh all together, by separately being born of the spirit of God. Thus, the gift of eternal life is not given to the flesh, but rather that "though he die, he shall live" in the spirit newly born and only spirit, as God is spirit.

Even so--this is an age-old argument between the flesh and the spirit, the enmity against God continues only in and because of the flesh. Rebuttal therefore, is quite predictable.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever. Your faith to be saved with continued sinning, is not the faith unto righteousness given by Jesus Christ.

And so, you can continue to repeat to yourself, your own personal doctrine of faith alone unto sinfulness.

I'll continue to preach believing in Jesus unto His righteousness.
You are not sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, 100% of the time exactly as Jesus is. Period. You believe in SELF which is not unto righteousness. You are terribly deceived!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, 100% of the time exactly as Jesus is. Period.

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.” (John 14:12)

“…go, and sin no more.” (John 8:11)

1682107087362.jpeg

Reactions: robert derrick

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, 100% of the time exactly as Jesus is. Period. You believe in SELF which is not unto righteousness. You are terribly deceived!
I've saved this line of yours. I think it's the best effort to condemn doing righteousness at all times, as having arrived in the throne room of God, where we are no longer even tempted to sin.

In any case, your judgement of me does not undo your unbelief.

You do not believe with the heart unto righteousness. I certainly do.

For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Your unbelief in having power of Christ to walk righteously as He walked, does not make the gospel commandment and promise of none effect.

And treating it like it were perfection in the throne room, does not make doing righteousness at all times impossible for believers.

And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

It's only impossible to unbelievers trusting in their own faith alone.

Your declaration of unbelief is manifest. And pointless arguments about faith alone or not, is ended.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No more sacrifice means that you can't offer yet another.
Now you're making sense of Scripture, and not just definition of words.

I agree with it. Wilfully sinning can no more trust in any sacrifice once had.

There was not 'series' to it, but only the one sacrifice once had.

Nor can it anymore offer up a body and life of sacrifice holy unto God.

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.