Willie T's challenges and what I think of ChristianBoard.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Uisdean

Aug 12, 2018
Asheville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, I think I'm spending too much time with this. It's so very easy to see something and reply to what you read. So, I'm going to have to restrict my time on this board.

That said, I am profiting spiritually. Willie T's challenges about Fasting and reading the same scriptures daily have been a blessing. I quit playing my puzzle games and started reading Ephesians. That got a bit boring rather quickly. So, I went to Bible Gateway and loadeed two translations. I tried the NKJV and Young's Literal first. That's a great combination. I really started seeing what was written when I did that.

Then, Ephesians seeming to be done, I switched to Hebrews. That's fascinating. Now I have done a number of Bible reading programs, including The Bible in 90 Days. But this reading two translations at the same time is the best thing I have tried. It really opens up the Word.

As for ChristianBoard as a whole. Well, I am beginning to think that a lot of posts are "tongue in cheek" without any emoji to hint at that. However, whenever someone posts something that I wonder about, I find myself searching the Scripture for understanding. In addition, I had no idea that I would get into anything as theologically deep as the threads on Good and Evil and the Garden of Eden have become.

As an exercise to organize my thoughts about all this, I am writing out what I actually believe about Good and Evil for a blog post. NOT to prove anyone here wrong. I'm not ordained, I have no philosophy or theology degree. I am just a layman. Once I write it out, someone might see a logical flaw.

I now understand why Mayflower wants so much to do the story game. We need a place to have fun. This deep thinking hurts my brain.

So, I am profiting spiritually from joining this website.

ADMIN: I did not know exactly where to post this. If it's in the wrong place...sorry.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This deep thinking hurts my brain.
Since you have a mysterious donut for your avatar, some donuts (doughnuts) and coffee should recharge your brain. :cool:

Anyway, it's good to get your feedback and that some of the posts have been beneficial to you personally.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
First, I think I'm spending too much time with this. It's so very easy to see something and reply to what you read. So, I'm going to have to restrict my time on this board.

That said, I am profiting spiritually. Willie T's challenges about Fasting and reading the same scriptures daily have been a blessing. I quit playing my puzzle games and started reading Ephesians. That got a bit boring rather quickly. So, I went to Bible Gateway and loadeed two translations. I tried the NKJV and Young's Literal first. That's a great combination. I really started seeing what was written when I did that.

Then, Ephesians seeming to be done, I switched to Hebrews. That's fascinating. Now I have done a number of Bible reading programs, including The Bible in 90 Days. But this reading two translations at the same time is the best thing I have tried. It really opens up the Word.

As for ChristianBoard as a whole. Well, I am beginning to think that a lot of posts are "tongue in cheek" without any emoji to hint at that. However, whenever someone posts something that I wonder about, I find myself searching the Scripture for understanding. In addition, I had no idea that I would get into anything as theologically deep as the threads on Good and Evil and the Garden of Eden have become.

As an exercise to organize my thoughts about all this, I am writing out what I actually believe about Good and Evil for a blog post. NOT to prove anyone here wrong. I'm not ordained, I have no philosophy or theology degree. I am just a layman. Once I write it out, someone might see a logical flaw.

I now understand why Mayflower wants so much to do the story game. We need a place to have fun. This deep thinking hurts my brain.

ADMIN: I did not know exactly where to post this. If it's in the wrong place...sorry.

I like that. :)
Well said...

Bless and be blessed...

Uisdean

Aug 12, 2018
Asheville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you have a mysterious donut for your avatar, some donuts (doughnuts) and coffee should recharge your brain. :cool:

Anyway, it's good to get your feedback and that some of the posts have been beneficial to you personally.

It is a Mobile Strip...or as good an image as I could find. It has only one side (& one edge). I thought a one-sided figure was appropriate for this place.;)

Willie T just pointed out that my idiot spell checker turned 'Mobius' into 'Mobile'. It is Mobius. Mobile is in Alabama. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have the Bible Gateway app as well and when I am strained to read I put it on audio and listen, which by the way has helped me get through the Psalms a lot easier.

Uisdean

Aug 12, 2018
Asheville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Krispy Kreme?

Reactions: Willie T