Wise vs. Foolish Virgins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

James Macbeth

May 17, 2022
College Station
m.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will NOT listen to Catholic teaching! And may God bless the Catholics who know better than heed all the Roman Church teaches too!!!

My ancestors in 15th century France were Huguenots, the first French Protestants. They fled France because of Catholic persecution, so GOD REBUKE YOU FOR TRYING TO PUSH YOUR CATHOLICISM UPON ME, you white-washed wall!
LOL, calm down, you don't have to be Catholic.
But don't stray to far from home, little lamb.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rich young ruler asked Jesus the same question. From what group of Commandments did Jesus quote in His reply?

That particular example was for that time period Brake, but it really could be applied today as well. The basic meaning behind it was to let nothing keep you from being obedient to Jesus' words. That man, was offered to be an apostle, but he chose to depart from Jesus because of his belongings. Keep in mind as well, Jesus mentioned some of the things he needed to do, as that man was under the law covenant at the time, today we have a new set of laws, however we are still commanded to observe all those Jesus told the man, and we don't have to sell all our belongings to be one of Christ's disciples.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what it boils down to is whether they keep God's Word as written, or instead listen to men's doctrines. Why else would the ten foolish virgins think they could go to the market and buy the Oil (Holy Spirit)?
“Why else would the ten foolish virgins think they could go to the market and buy oil” ? Was their ten or five foolish? Why else? One reason could be because the five wise told them to do just that when the foolish asked for the wise to spare some oil for light?

Matthew 25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so ; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go you rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

So the foolish are fools because they thought they could go and buy for themselves. But we totally neglect it was the wise who told them to go to the market and buy oil. Does that make them wise…I don’t know. It makes me think of Luke 16:9-11 And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when you fail, they may receive you (with an open door; Oh Corinthians our mouth is open unto you and our heart (where your heart) is enlarged) into everlasting(that neither corrupts or fails) habitations. [10] He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much. [11] If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches ? (Oil for light?)

James 2:13-16 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoices against judgment. [14] What does it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? [15] If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, [16] And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding you give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
^no?

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL, calm down, you don't have to be Catholic.
But don't stray to far from home, little lamb.

That attitude right there shows how duping the Catholic system is, even getting its own members to supersede Christ's Authority, much less a fake pope.

My ancestors came to the Americas in the 15th century because of Catholic persecution in France. They were Huguenots, the first French Protestants. The fled to Britain, became indentured servants to Virginia colony, and from there have THRIVED in South Carolina, Texas, Kentucky, Tennessee, and even in California.

But if they had stayed in France, they would have wound up dead, murdered by the Catholic Church, just for wanting to read God's Word for themselves. It is no wonder why God caused a huge riff in the Catholic 'system', because the crept in unawares of Jude had crept into it, created political positions for themselves, and began to hoard the wealth of the people, even as it still is to this day.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Why else would the ten foolish virgins think they could go to the market and buy oil” ? Was their ten or five foolish? Why else? One reason could be because the five wise told them to do just that when the foolish asked for the wise to spare some oil for light?

What I said about the five foolish virgins actually going to the market to 'try' and buy the Oil wasn't speculation. That means I was not just going off on some pulpit pimper's one-verse type preaching about aunt Edna and her hip replacement.

Lord Jesus wants us to understand that you cannot buy... that OIL (Holy Spirit). Simon in the Book of Acts, when he saw the miracles done by the laying on hands to receive The Holy Spirit, offered money to buy it. So there's our Bible witness on how to interpret that bad thinking of being able to buy that Oil.

James Macbeth

May 17, 2022
College Station
m.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That attitude right there shows how duping the Catholic system is, even getting its own members to supersede Christ's Authority, much less a fake pope.

My ancestors came to the Americas in the 15th century because of Catholic persecution in France. They were Huguenots, the first French Protestants. The fled to Britain, became indentured servants to Virginia colony, and from there have THRIVED in South Carolina, Texas, Kentucky, Tennessee, and even in California.

But if they had stayed in France, they would have wound up dead, murdered by the Catholic Church, just for wanting to read God's Word for themselves. It is no wonder why God caused a huge riff in the Catholic 'system', because the crept in unawares of Jude had crept into it, created political positions for themselves, and began to hoard the wealth of the people, even as it still is to this day.
Don't forget the Huguenots drew first blood.

And Catholic Princes of those days cut down those miserable wretches for stealing and killing.

But politics aside, what does that have to do with the fact your interpretation is wrong?

It is wrong, and will continue to be wrong, because your Faith is built upon sand.

You do not hold the fullness of Faith nor the whole Christian Doctrine.

You don't have to be Catholic to be saved, but if your gonna start preaching BS, prepare to be called out on it.

James Macbeth

May 17, 2022
College Station
m.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I said about the five foolish virgins actually going to the market to 'try' and buy the Oil wasn't speculation. That means I was not just going off on some pulpit pimper's one-verse type preaching about aunt Edna and her hip replacement.

Lord Jesus wants us to understand that you cannot buy... that OIL (Holy Spirit). Simon in the Book of Acts, when he saw the miracles done by the laying on hands to receive The Holy Spirit, offered money to buy it. So there's our Bible witness on how to interpret that bad thinking of being able to buy that Oil.
Wrong the Oil is Grace.

And you can give your money or time to Charity, and fill up your lamp.

Without Charity one cannot be saved.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't forget the Huguenots drew first blood.

And Catholic Princes of those days cut down those miserable wretches for stealing and killing.

But politics aside, what does that have to do with the fact your interpretation is wrong?

It is wrong, and will continue to be wrong, because your Faith is built upon sand.

You do not hold the fullness of Faith nor the whole Christian Doctrine.

You don't have to be Catholic to be saved, but if your gonna start preaching BS, prepare to be called out on it.

Actually, Martin Luther did, through his 95 Thesis. That is when Catholics began to persecute Luther for speaking out against the leaven traditions by those crept in unawares (i.e., tares in high places in the Catholic Church).

James Macbeth

May 17, 2022
College Station
m.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, Martin Luther did, through his 95 Thesis. That is when Catholics began to persecute Luther for speaking out against the leaven traditions by those crept in unawares (i.e., tares in high places in the Catholic Church).
He made some good points.

But ultimately he betrayed the German peasant during the peasants war and sided with the nobles.

That is why Luther became a drunkard and committed suicide.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

that is not what I referring to but instead it was the wise that sent the foolish away
to go to them that sell, to buy for themselves? Matthew 25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so ; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

the question then is …was that wise or a fool’s errand? It does make me think of when they went to buy meat and came back to Christ who said He had meat they knew not of…they asked: did somebody give Him meat to eat?

John 4:7-8 There comes a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus says unto her, Give me to drink. [8] (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.)

John 4:30-33 Then they went out of the city, and came unto him. [31] In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat. [32] But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that you know not of. [33] Therefore said the disciples one to another, Has any man brought him ought to eat?

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

then also we have ten virgins …five wise and five foolish …the wise says they can’t give oil for light to see with when the bridegroom comes; because there will not be enough for us and you. (1 Thessalonians 2:19-20)
Yet there are parables about “not having enough for us and them” and what should we do? “should we go to the market with money to buy some”? ‘But he said unto them, Give you them to eat. And they said, We have no more but five loaves and two fishes; except we should go and buy meat for all this people. [14] For they were about five thousand men. And he said to his disciples, Make them sit down by fifties in a company. [15] And they did so, and made them all sit down. [16] Then he took the five loaves and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed them, and brake, and gave to the disciples to set before the multitude. [17] And they did eat, and were all filled: and there was taken up of fragments that remained to them twelve baskets.
Luke 9:13-17

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is not what I referring to but instead it was the wise that sent the foolish away
to go to them that sell, to buy for themselves? Matthew 25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so ; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

the question then is …was that wise or a fool’s errand? It does make me think of when they went to buy meat and came back to Christ who said He had meat they knew not of…they asked: did somebody give Him meat to eat?

John 4:7-8 There comes a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus says unto her, Give me to drink. [8] (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.)

John 4:30-33 Then they went out of the city, and came unto him. [31] In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat. [32] But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that you know not of. [33] Therefore said the disciples one to another, Has any man brought him ought to eat?

What timing does that hour just prior to midnight represent, when all ten virgins fell asleep waiting on the Bridegroom?

It represents the time just PRIOR to Jesus' future coming on the last trump, which is represented by midnight in the parable.

And what was Lord Jesus' first warning Sign for the end per His Olivet discourse of Matthew 24?

How come then, that you don't understand what Lord Jesus is warning about with His parable of the ten virgins?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What timing does that hour just prior to midnight represent, when all ten virgins fell asleep waiting on the Bridegroom?

It represents the time just PRIOR to Jesus' future coming on the last trump, which is represented by midnight in the parable.

And what was Lord Jesus' first warning Sign for the end per His Olivet discourse of Matthew 24?

How come then, that you don't understand what Lord Jesus is warning about with His parable of the ten virgins?

I think he was warning that when he returns and knocks, to open up unto Him. Luke 12:41-43. But how do we know for certain those foolish virgins who were sent away to buy oil to light their lamps— at the counsel of the wise— Are not the ones who return and knock…crying open to us! Revelation 3:17-20 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and know not that you art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: [18] I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that you may be rich; and white raiment, that you may be clothed, and that the shame of you nakedness doess not appear; and anoint your eyes with eyesalve, that you may see. [19] As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. [20] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock
1 John 2:9, 1 John 2:11, 1 John 3:15-17

: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

It must be them who returned that are knocking “open”
since we love to quote “Lord, Lord open to us.” Matthew 25:11-12 the door is now shut “I don’t know you.”

Luke 11:5-13