Wise vs. Foolish Virgins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's good. May I add something regarding the need for the holy Spirit in that last hour? The 5 foolish virgins were virgins. They were pure, they had the truth, but we're relying on their own power and whatever vestige of the former rain from the first pentecost. What they needed, and what the wise had, was the latter rain... The final outpouring of the holy Spirit before the end.. The latter rain which brings to fruit the final harvest.
You are correct however with your take on understanding. Appreciating prophecy and knowing the times in which we live is essential to our preparation as we enter into the time of Jacobs trouble, the plagues and judgements upon sinners... But as Jeremiah said...
KJV Jeremiah 30:7
7 Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't like to speculate much about the idea of Jesus using virgins to symbolize believers on Him. It's clear to me that His main Message is about what the virgins follow, which thus affects their understanding. And what it boils down to is whether they keep God's Word as written, or instead listen to men's doctrines. Why else would the ten foolish virgins think they could go to the market and buy the Oil (Holy Spirit)? Likely because they had been depending on those who represent those market sellers. Who would those sellers be you think? That's how speculation should work, staying within the parameters that Jesus gave.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is keeping track of our good works.

Our Lord Jesus will weigh them out.

Faith & works together in cooperation.

We boast in the holy Ghost that lead us to do good works.

Matthew 6:20-21
lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

At this point you FORCE me to understand that YOU believe one can be saved by WORKS alone. That is NOT a Christian Doctrine in The New Testament. We are saved ONLY by Faith on Jesus of Nazareth, The Christ.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brakelite's post got me considering just who do the market sellers represent that the five foolish virgins went to buy the Oil from.

Anyone ever hear of 'prosperity preachers'? Those come to mind immediately!

Think about it, they preach that a 'true' Christian should be showing material wealth, if they are correctly following Christ. They even show you... how it is done, by spending most of their time at the pulpit BEGGING for your money!

Someone on another thread posted a video of a preacher telling the congregation to come up to the podium steps and lay down dollar bills. It was sickening.

Now consider the mental state of those people who fall for that junk. Do you think they understand God's written Word through disciplined Bible study, like Apostle Paul recommended? Hardly, and I'm not judging them, it's just a simple matter of discernment by the foolishness... they accept.

And we know Lord Jesus called them the five 'foolish' virgins for a reason.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the truth in said scriptures is not good enough to exhort the peoples and to draw folks to Christ .
THEN I TELL US all those people did not desire Christ and will not be drawn to CHRIST , but rather to another jesus .
IF i have to bring folks to church and keep folks in church by preaching wordly things , THEN rest assured
they will never know Christ. For we cannot bring the world to Christ by wordly means , nor can we grow in Christ by wordly means .
Its simply mans means for church growth . AND IT WILL NEVER WORK .
And though the churches will grow and grow quickly
NONE will know CHRIST . And the end of that
will be many fish cast out of the net .
IF we fish by wordly means , we catch only the world
and we draw them only to the darkness and not to CHRIST .
I PRAY TO GOD folks will start preaching BIBLE SOUND doctrine in those churches
and cease all the wordly allures and rather preach CHRIST and all bibical truth .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

James Macbeth

May 17, 2022
College Station
m.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At this point you FORCE me to understand that YOU believe one can be saved by WORKS alone. That is NOT a Christian Doctrine in The New Testament. We are saved ONLY by Faith on Jesus of Nazareth, The Christ.

Faith alone is not enough.
James 2:26
For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.

Jesus will count your good works.
Lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does.....
KJV Revelation 14:12
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Yes sir, I fully agree that the adherents of the true faith will keep the commandments of God, so what are the commandments that we keep sir?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith alone is not enough.
James 2:26
For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.

Jesus will count your good works.
Lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

No need for you to try and back yourself out... of that corner you created for yourself. God's Word is emphatic that one MUST believe on The Blood of Jesus Christ shed upon His cross IN ORDER TO BE SAVED. There is NO OTHER WAY OF SALVATION. And I gave you Scripture from Apostle Paul that proved that also, so you are without excuse in your false 'saved by works' belief.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No need for you to try and back yourself out... of that corner you created for yourself. God's Word is emphatic that one MUST believe on The Blood of Jesus Christ shed upon His cross IN ORDER TO BE SAVED. There is NO OTHER WAY OF SALVATION. And I gave you Scripture from Apostle Paul that proved that also, so you are without excuse in your false 'saved by works' belief.
It boggles the mind to consider where all this false teaching is coming from. Modern religious people will speak DIRECTLY against the Bible (denying that we will be judged by our works not our religious presumptions) in order to formulate an ideology that is strictly prohibited in the Bible. No wonder there are wise and foolish ones.

Are you trying to bring out wisdom here in others by reciting foolishness? Don't do it. Let go of foolishness.

Believing on the blood of Jesus? What is that supposed to do?

What about walking in the power of the resurrected Christ..not THAT's biblical.

BTW Jesus is alive...

PS..."faith in His blood" means a living faith empowered by His resurrection life (not claiming religious favours based on blood stains on the cross)

Last edited:
Reactions: faithfulness

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It boggles the mind to consider where all this false teaching is coming from. Modern religious people will speak DIRECTLY against the Bible (denying that we will be judged by our works not our religious presumptions)....

Aiiiiii..............goes the buzzer! You lose!

I can't believe YOU have missed the main purpose for BELIEVING on Jesus Christ unto Salvation, which is by FAITH, not works! And why is that you might say?

Because those who BELIEVE BY FAITH ON JESUS CHRIST have their SINS FORGIVEN, but those who rely solely on works DO NOT.

BRETHREN:
Just the fact that Episkopos said such a thing, that we will be judged by our 'works', and NOT by our Faith, is something an unbelieving Jew would say. That makes me doubt his the purpose of his presence here on a CHRISTIAN FORUM. So beware!

James Macbeth

May 17, 2022
College Station
m.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So what is your explanation for the James 2:26?

Also does one have to be baptized inorder to be saved?

James Macbeth

May 17, 2022
College Station
m.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aiiiiii..............goes the buzzer! You lose!

I can't believe YOU have missed the main purpose for BELIEVING on Jesus Christ unto Salvation, which is by FAITH, not works! And why is that you might say?

Because those who BELIEVE BY FAITH ON JESUS CHRIST have their SINS FORGIVEN, but those who rely solely on works DO NOT.

BRETHREN:
Just the fact that Episkopos said such a thing, that we will be judged by our 'works', and NOT by our Faith, is something an unbelieving Jew would say. That makes me doubt his the purpose of his presence here on a CHRISTIAN FORUM. So beware!
And by what authority do you say these things?

All have a right to read and comment on the Scriptures.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what is your explanation for the James 2:26?

Also does one have to be baptized inorder to be saved?

I already told you guys in one my previous posts, but you were not listening. James' Message was about Faith with works, NOT God's Grace that saves us BY OUR FAITH ON HIS SON. He wasn't preaching a saved by Message.

James is teaching simply that IF you are a believer on Jesus Christ, then you SHOULD have works to show that Faith. But still, it is never those 'works' that SAVE us. We are saved ONLY by God's Grace, a free gift like Apostle Paul said (Ephesians 2:8-9).

James Macbeth

May 17, 2022
College Station
m.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already told you guys in one my previous posts, but you were not listening. James' Message was about Faith with works, NOT God's Grace that saves us BY OUR FAITH ON HIS SON. He wasn't preaching a saved by Message.

James is teaching simply that IF you are a believer on Jesus Christ, then you SHOULD have works to show that Faith. But still, it is never those 'works' that SAVE us. We are saved ONLY by God's Grace, a free gift like Apostle Paul said (Ephesians 2:8-9).
And do you believe one has to be baptized inorder to be saved?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And by what authority do you say these things?

All have a right to read and comment on the Scriptures.

Yeah, and all have the right to be rebuked... by those who know to actually READ God's Word as written...

Eph 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

KJV

Do you not realize what a 'salvation by works' belief means according to Apostle Paul there in that 9th verse above in red? It means those who believe they are saved by works are actually BOASTING against God's saving Grace!!! If anyone could 'earn' God's salvation by works, then it would mean we have no need... for Jesus Christ's Blood shed upon His cross for the remission of sins! It would also mean that Christ is NOT the ONLY WAY of God's salvation, but that just ANY old religion would do!

That isn't hard to figure out for those who stay... in God's Word. But for the children of darkness, they will never understand that until Jesus returns in our near future.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And do you believe one has to be baptized inorder to be saved?

For those who able, yes. But Jesus is able to save those who believe on Him without water baptism too, as He showed with the malefactor that believed that was crucified with Him.

So are you resorting to trap questions now?

Have YOU believed on the Blood of Jesus Christ shed upon His cross for your salvation?

James Macbeth

May 17, 2022
College Station
m.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, and all have the right to be rebuked... by those who know to actually READ God's Word as written...

Eph 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

KJV

Do you not realize what a 'salvation by works' belief means according to Apostle Paul there in that 9th verse above in red? It means those who believe they are saved by works are actually BOASTING against God's saving Grace!!! If anyone could 'earn' God's salvation by works, then it would mean we have no need... for Jesus Christ's Blood shed upon His cross for the remission of sins! It would also mean that Christ is NOT the ONLY WAY of God's salvation, but that just ANY old religion would do!

That isn't hard to figure out for those who stay... in God's Word. But for the children of darkness, they will never understand that until Jesus returns in our near future.
Ok, who opened the gates of Heaven?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
BRETHREN:

You are funny. :)

Maybe if you read your bible...?? I'll open mine...

"Who will render to every man according to his deeds:" Rom. 2:6

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad." 2 Corinthians 5:10

Was Paul an unbelieving Jew according to your ideology?

"And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:" 1 Peter 1:17

How about Peter? Was he an unbelieving Jew?

"And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds." Rev. 20 :12

John? Also an unbelieving Jew?

Are you completely against the Bible or just have an issue against Jews?

Reactions: faithfulness