Withdrawing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying that I can stay the course and endure, not cut everyone and everything off, and not disappear into the wilderness which is the only place on this earth I ever loved. It's getting harder to remain with every passing day because those whom I thought I knew are like strangers to me now. I don't know them, and they don't know me.

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shattered, we may well misunderstand some things about you. Can any man fully understand another? Probably not.....

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God understands you, inside and out....fully. the rest of us probably need to have our misunderstanding explained...we're a bit dense :)

Reactions: Pearl

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for you, brother. You're maneuvering through some very intense issues and that can make you feel like everything is foreign.
You have friends who care deeply. If you need distance, that's okay. But I believe God created us for family.

Reactions: Shattered and Nancy

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you can understand why your desire to withdraw disturbs me. We have a history in Him...and it points toward a belief that His plan for us will get deeper than it is now at some point in the future. Either of us "withdrawing" is going to slow down the development of our relationship.....so that does concern me.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying that I can stay the course and endure, not cut everyone and everything off, and not disappear into the wilderness which is the only place on this earth I ever loved. It's getting harder to remain with every passing day because those whom I thought I knew are like strangers to me now. I don't know them, and they don't know me.
Praying for you.
Jesus took time away when he entered the desert and fasted there 40 days.
If you love the wilderness where Internet ,TV, politics, conflicts between person's who cleave to ideas more than open peace, cease to exist, go.
Find yourself again in that state of mind you miss, if you feel beset now in your thoughts.

It is possible to outgrow friends and aquaintences. We move forward in our spirituality, maturity, what have you. And next thing we know, those whom we got on with before are like strangers speaking a different language. We've moved past what we use to share in common.

That's how life is suppose to work I think. We're not to stay in one place or amid a people forever. Rather, I think we're meant to share together, learn from one another, grow in our experiences with others for a time and then move on. Taking the gifts we gathered to ourselves from those relationships , and gifted others with too, and carry forth to new places and people.

Bringing what we now have to offer others with us. And while living open to being blessed with more experiences and knowledge that shall allow us to continue to serve God's plan for us no matter where we find ourselves.

Maybe your feeling you don't know people where you are now, not do they know you anymore, is that God given sign it's time to continue your journey in his light and plans that he has for you.

God bless.

typos fixed.

Last edited:

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When dealing with an internal, emotional line of thinking similar to this, I think the Lord impressed me with an understanding that that helped me. We don't have "equally intimate " relationships with every member of the Body. God places people in our lives for different reasons...and the same for us...we deal with people according to His reason for introducing us. Some are presented to our lives for a specific purpose. These will share with us whatever it is we need to fulfill that purpose, and they will leave our lives. We may not ever interact with them again until we're all home. From the perspective of this life, these relationships are temporary.
Some He brings into our life for a "season ". Something longer term than a "specific purpose". But these too are temporary relationships as far as this life is concerned.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have some very dear friends who I have known for 10 to 12 years. We know one another very well and have shared and supported each other through many difficulties. But for me personally, I have being going through the most difficult years of my life with my youngest son's illness and then God taking him Home last year. That, along with so many other intense losses and situations, has caused me to pull back ...not because I am upset with my friends or think they don't care, but because life has been too intense and I have just done the survival thing. It feels like nothing is familiar. The storm has been so long and so dark, that all the scenery looks different. I have missed my friends and wished for that connection again and wept over it. But circumstances have prevented it for some time. I know that as soon as I reconnect, the love and support will be there. Sometimes, we just need time to process through things with the Lord. But this does not mean we should throw away friendships and connections that God has given us.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
**I apologize for my typos, y'all. I am using a new phone with a very irritating tendency to randomly change my words.

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Family, we have the closest relationships to father, mother and siblings. People we live with and interact with daily. We have close relationships to more extended family. Uncles, cousins, grandparents. But not as close or intimate as the nuclear family relationships.

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And we have important relationships with people who are not related to us at all....still less intimate and personal than even extended family rationships. Asking Him what a relationship is for can help us respond to important people being taken away without grieving too much.

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and it can help us be more tolerant, forgiving and understanding of people He places in our lives for a lifetime.....but who are just prickly people :)

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for you.
Jesus took time away when he entered the desert and fasted there 40 days.
If you love the wilderness where Internet ,TV, politics, conflicts between person's who cleave to ideas more than open peace, cease to exist, go.
Find yourself again in that state of mind you miss, if you feel beset now in your thoughts.

It is possible to outgrow friends and aquaintences. We move forward in our spirituality, maturity, what have you. And next thing we know, those whom we was least got on with before are like strangers speaking a different language. We've moved past what we use to share in common.

That's how life is suppose to work I think. We're not to stay in one place or amid a people for ever. Rather, I think we're meant to share together, learn from one another, grow in our experiences with others for a time and then move on. Taking the gifts we gathered to ourselves from those relationships , and gifted others with too, and carry forth to new places and people.

Bringing what we now have to offer others with us. And while living open to bring blessed with more experiences and knowledge that shall allow us to continue to serve God's plan for us no matter where we find ourselves.

Maybe your feeling you don't know people where you are now, not do they know you anymore, is that God given sign it's time to continue your journey in his light and plans that he has for you.

God bless.

Thank you for the prayer, and the Lord bless you for it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying with you and for you right now! God is able in every situation. You need to trust Him. If you have trouble with that... then ask of Him!

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." Matt 7:7-8