Without unconditional Election,no one would be saved.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Modalism and baptismal regeneration are not biblical.
They are indeed biblical. However, what you define as modalism is from my perspective the Trinity; and therefore I say that what you define as modalism is biblical because it is in all reality the Trinity that is my understanding; which understanding has been defamed as modalism.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Father is the Father, the Son is the Son, the Holy Spirit is the Holy Spirit. They don’t become anything, but are one Being with three distinct Persons.
I'm not going to rehash it here; go to the link where it has all been hashed out before.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We’re trying to show you the errors you espouse on here.
No; you referenced a scripture saying that it applied to me, which speaks of a double-minded man being unstable in all his ways. And this is not true concerning me; but is slander. You speak evil of the law and judge the law; therefore you are not a doer of the law; but a judge.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are indeed biblical. However, what you define as modalism is from my perspective the Trinity; and therefore I say that what you define as modalism is biblical because it is in all reality the Trinity that is my understanding; which understanding has been defamed as modalism.
Modalism teaches Jesus is one Person who presents Himself in one of three modes, as Father, or Son, or Holy Spirit. When you say the Father becomes the Son, that’s modalism.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No; you referenced a scripture saying that it applied to me, which speaks of a double-minded man being unstable in all his ways. And this is not true concerning me; but is slander. You speak evil of the law and judge the law; therefore you are not a doer of the law; but a judge.
You are unstable. You apologize then call us lost. You apologize again, then call us lost again. You apologize and call us lost again...

Aye yi yi!

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tritheism teaches three Gods, not three Persons in the Godhead.

What you think is Trinitarian isn’t.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? Let's find out:

Spiritual Deadness:
Genesis 2:16-17
Romans 5:12
Ephesians 2:1-3
Colossians 2:13
Psalms 51:5
Psalms 58:3
John 3:5-7
John 1:12-13

Warped minds and Corrupted hearts:
Genesis 6:5
Genesis 8:21
Ecclesiastes 9:3
Jeremiah 17:9
Mark 7:21-23
John 3:19
Romans 8:7-8
1 Corinthians 2:14
Ephesians 4:17-19
Ephesians 5:8
Titus 1:15

Enslaved to Satan and to Sin
John 8:44
Ephesians 2:1-2
2 Timothy 2:25-26
1 John 3:10
1 John 5:19
John 8:34
Romans 6:20
Titus 3:3

Inability to Change
Job 14:4
Jeremiah 13:23
Matthew 7:16-18
Matthew 12:33
John 6:44
John 6:65
Romans 11:35-36
1 Corinthians 2:14
1 Corinthians 4:7
2 Corinthians 3:5

God's choice of some was not based on their merit or their choice of Him
Romans 9:11-13
Romans 9:16
Romans 10:20
1 Corinthians 1:27-29
2 Timothy 1:9
Acts 13:48
Acts 18:27
Philippians 1:29
Philippians 2:12-13
1 Thessalonians 1:4-5
2 Thessalonians 2:13-14
James 2:5

Good works are the result of, and not the grounds for, predestination
Ephesians 2:10
John 15:16

Faith and Good works confirm the calling; they are not the cause
2 Peter 1:5-11

Election precedes Salvation
Romans 11:7
2 Timothy 2:10
Ephesians 1:4
Romans 16:7

Christ secured faith, regeneration and sanctification
Ephesians 1:3-4
Acts 5:31
Titus 2:14
Titus 3:5-6
Ephesians 5:25-26
1 Corinthians 1:30
Hebrews 9:14
Hebrews 13:12
1 John 1:7

The Father gave Christ the Sheep; the Sheep did not give themselves to Christ
John 10:11
John 10:14-18
John 10:24-29

Paul declares that all spiritual blessings, including Faith, are from God
Ephesians 1:3-12

The Holy Spirit gives new birth
John 1:12-13
John 3:3-8
Titus 3:5
1 Peter 1:3
1 Peter 1:23
1 John 5:4

The Holy Spirit gives a new heart
Deuteronomy 30:6
Ezekiel 36:26-27
Ezekiel 11:19
Galatians 6:15
Ephesians 2:10
2 Corinthians 5:17-18

The Holy Spirit makes us accept Christ
John 5:21
Ephesians 2:1
Ephesians 2:5
Colossians 2:13

The Spirit gives faith and repentance
Acts 5:31
Acts 11:18
Acts 16:14
Acts 18:27
Ephesians 2:8-9
2 Timothy 2:25-26

A person cannot do anything, even 'get faith', apart from God making him able
John 3:27
John 17:2
Romans 9:16
1 Corinthians 3:6-7
1 Corinthians 4:7
Philippians 2:12-13
James 1:18
1 John 5:20

The Scriptures seem pretty clear; it all [including

@justbyfaith
.... So, have you even dealt with any of these verses, or are we going to try and bury them? I answer each and every text of Scripture you direct at me, and if you've read the entire Bible multiple times you should have no problem explaining these verses. And remember, each verse stands as its own truth [Direct from you]

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith
.... So, have you even dealt with any of these verses, or are we going to try and bury them? I answer each and every text of Scripture you direct at me, and if you've read the entire Bible multiple times you should have no problem explaining these verses. And remember, each verse stands as its own truth [Direct from you]
Yeah, he tends to overlook posts at time. He said the Lord spoke to him in some sort of whirlwind, or sumptin’, and I asked him what he meant by saying the Lord spoke to him and got...

tenor.gif

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith
My initial response to these verses is that you seem to be trying to say by them, the Calvinistic doctrine that it doesn't matter whether a person receives Christ; that if God did not choose them, they are out of luck whether they receive Christ or not (at least that is the implication of what I have heard taught by Calvinism).

Which is in contradiction to the following:

Jhn 6:37, All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Which indicates among other things, that the way in is for a man to come to Christ; and also, that those who come to Christ will not be rejected over the possibility that the Lord didn't choose them.

You have to admit that this is one of the main implications of Calvinism that you have to deal with when trying to convert a non-Calvinist. It is implied by the doctrine that if someone is not chosen by the Lord from before the foundations of the world, that they could not enter into the kingdom even if they wanted to.

Instead of being conducive to assurance, as is the claim of Calvinism, I find that the doctrines of Calvinism are contrary to assurance; because of this.

Someone offered Romans 10:13 as a basis for their assurance for their salvation. But if Calvinism be true, that is not an assurance; because the Lord might not have chosen you and therefore the fact that you called on the name of the Lord did not necessarily save you.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My initial response to these verses is that you seem to be trying to say by them, the Calvinistic doctrine that it doesn't matter whether a person receives Christ; that if God did not choose them, they are out of luck whether they receive Christ or not (at least that is the implication of what I have heard taught by Calvinism).

Which is in contradiction to the following:

Jhn 6:37, All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Which indicates among other things, that the way in is for a man to come to Christ; and also, that those who come to Christ will not be rejected over the possibility that the Lord didn't choose them.

You have to admit that this is one of the main implications of Calvinism that you have to deal with when trying to convert a non-Calvinist. It is implied by the doctrine that if someone is not chosen by the Lord from before the foundations of the world, that they could not enter into the kingdom even if they wanted to.

Instead of being conducive to assurance, as is the claim of Calvinism, I find that the doctrines of Calvinism are contrary to assurance; because of this.

Someone offered Romans 10:13 as a basis for their assurance for their salvation. But if Calvinism be true, that is not an assurance; because the Lord might not have chosen you and therefore the fact that you called on the name of the Lord did not necessarily save you.
Correct, those who come to Him, He will never cast aside. Now, who are these who come to Him? Those the Father gave Him.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you're saying that if anyone comes to Christ it is because the Father gave them to Christ....

And therefore it is not true that they would be rejected over His not choosing them from eternity past.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have heard it said that if you have doubt about whether you were predestined, receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour; and you will find that you were predestined.

But certain Calvinists that I have spoken this to in the past have rejected this idea.

So there are certain things in Calvinism that are contrary to the latter part of John 6:37.