Without unconditional Election,no one would be saved.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am going to cut to the chase, because in all reality it does not matter if you believe what you believe, as long as it doesn't keep you out of the kingdom; if your belief gives you an excuse to never receive Christ as your Saviour and Lord, if it tells you that it is not necessary to call upon the name of the Lord; and if you have never called upon the name of the Lord: if your belief tells you that you are saved apart from placing your faith in Jesus Christ in the sense of putting the key to the lock of the door and opening it to enter into becoming a recipient of true grace of salvation; then know that your faith in Calvinism is preventing you from being saved and entering the kingdom: and if you are saved but are a preacher of Calvinism, then know that your preaching will keep people out of the kingdom, because they will believe that they are not responsible to receive Jesus as their Lord and Saviour; because of the doctrine that they can have grace apart from that (since, in Calvinism, grace comes before faith, a man can be saved by grace apart from faith; and therefore faith isn't necessary for salvation by implication). And if you are keeping people out of the kingdom, how in the justice of the Lord will you be able to enter into the kingdom yourselves?

But I am going to give the Calvinist an invitation here to repent and place their faith in Jesus Christ, entering the door using the key; and if they choose not to enter in because they believe in Calvinism, then I suggest that the Lord foreordained that they would be condemned over not rejecting Calvinism when it mattered most to their salvation.

But here is the invitation: the Lord Jesus stands at the door and knocks on the door of your heart; He says to you that if you will hear His voice and open the door, He will come in to you and sup with you and you with Him: He is offering to come into your life and live His life in you and through you so that you can be morally unashamed: it will be Christ in you, the hope of glory if you accept the call and receive Him into your heart today. He will also make you a new creature in Him and you will be regenerated and renewed, and the Lord will take out of you the heart of stone and replace it with an heart of flesh.

Pray the prayer below (out loud) to receive Jesus as your Lord and Saviour:

Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I call upon Your name for salvation. I ask You to come into my heart and be my Lord and Saviour. Show me who You are. Fill me with the Holy Ghost. Make me into a new creature in You. Save my soul from sin and set me free from the bondage of slavery to myself; and cause me to live according to Your love as I put my trust in You. Please wash me in Your blood and forgive me of all of my sin(s). I receive and confess You as my Saviour and Lord; and I believe that You are risen from the dead by the power of God. In Your holy and precious Name. Amen.

If you prayed that, the next step is for you to receive Acts 2:38 baptism so you can receive the Holy Ghost and absolute assurance of salvation.

Now if there are no takers among the Calvinists, I will suppose that it is because that in their total depravity they are opposed to the things of God and have utter inability to take the steps needed in order to enter into the kingdom. But if anyone actually takes the step of praying that and taking the subsequent steps to receive Acts 2:38 salvation, then I will know that it is a miracle of the Lord; that God truly reached out to them and bestowed upon them grace to receive salvation through faith and the obedience required to receive the Holy Ghost (see Acts of the Apostles 5:32).
You are one of the most unstable persons I've ever witnessed. Back and forth, and tossed about like Ephesians 4:14 states. In just a matter of hours, after an apology that appears short-lived, you're now calling us lost, yet again.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you enlighten us as to what the position is?

Never mind, we know what it is...having heard it preached by you. You, being the ones doing the preaching, have not been hearing what you have been saying...you don't understand the implications of what it is that you are preaching.
Are you ready to listen to what we really believe, and to Scripture, or are you spun out mentally again, going down the wrong road, ignoring what we plainly show, and not willing to stay on track and answer?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your problem is that you cannot and will not give God all the glory and you're an enemy of his ways and Gospel. You mock God and his ways, and it's shameful.
Since the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation, then God get's all the glory. But Calvinism is a FALSE GOSPEL which claims that Christ died only for the elect and therefore the elect are predestined for salvation, and all the rest are predestined for damnation.

The Bible clearly states that Christ tasted death for every man, therefore He is the ransom for all, and the propitiation for the sins of the whole world. But you have mocked God by rejecting these Gospel truths.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That' why I directed you attention to the entire 10th chapter of Romans many times. That is how God draws men to Christ. BUT YOU DON'T REALLY BELIEVE GOD, since you and your Calvinists do not believe that the Gospel is indeed the power of God unto salvation. You believe in magic, not the Gospel.
Many folks have different interpretations of Scripture. The only source of truth is the Bible when concerning the things of God.

Why not two of us give our interpretations and our exegesis of Romans 10 verse by verse, and see who can harmonize the meaning these verses as God intended them to mean? Are you game?

You can choose which verses you like that we can expound on since you believe you have a superior understanding of Romans Chapter 10.

Awaiting your answer.

To God Be The Glory

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible clearly states that Christ tasted death for every man, therefore He is the ransom for all, and the propitiation for the sins of the whole world. But you have mocked God by rejecting these Gospel truths.
If Jesus tasted death for every man and is the ransom for all, then the Bible teaches falsehood. By any imaginable logic, if Jesus died for every man and ransomed all, then why is hell going to be heavily populated?

Is your answer going to be because they rejected him so they are going to hell, or are they going to hell because they are sinners!! “The wages of sin is death”.

If Jesus died for the sins of each and every man in the world, then God cannot condemn any man to hell because all of his sins were forgiven him, therefore there will not be any sin that will threaten him with hell, and it will be double jeopardy.

Common sense tells us what you are proposing is impossible!!

Calvin and the reformers have it correct in their interpretation of salvation.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus tasted death for every man and is the ransom for all, then the Bible teaches falsehood.

But this is exactly what the Bible teaches:

Heb 2:9, But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

1Ti 2:5, For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1Ti 2:6, Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

I really think that the problem is that many of you have bought into a theological construct, but do not know your Bibles well enough to see that that construct is faulty.

But no doubt, instead of continuing to take these words at face value as you did when you thought they were the words of a man, you will now attempt to reinterpret those words so that they will fit into your theology.

Because in so many people's minds, the word of God is not plain to be understood, even though He said it is in 2 Corinthians 3:12 (kjv).

If Jesus died for the sins of each and every man in the world, then God cannot condemn any man to hell

Oh yes He can! He provided salvation for all; but all do not receive it. Those who reject the free gift of salvation that cost the Lord so much are insulting the Lord and will have only themselves to blame over their condemnation on the day of judgment.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are one of the most unstable persons I've ever witnessed. Back and forth, and tossed about like Ephesians 4:14 states. In just a matter of hours, after an apology that appears short-lived, you're now calling us lost, yet again.
Actually, I wrote that before the Lord spoke to me and led me to make the apology.

Please, don't be so quick to judge.

It turns out that here, you judged according to the outward appearance, and did not judge righteous judgment.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you ready to listen to what we really believe, and to Scripture, or are you spun out mentally again, going down the wrong road, ignoring what we plainly show, and not willing to stay on track and answer?
It is clear that each of us is saying that the other is going down the wrong road.

Fact is, these things are basically peripheral unless your theology is keeping you from receiving Christ as your Lord and Saviour.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And also, I was not calling you lost per se, but was allowing for the fact that you might be. It doesn't hurt to give the invitation, just in case any of you doesn't know the Lord. Except that it hurts me because of your reaction to the whole thing.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that’s what I know. If water seals the deal, then it’s grace + water = salvation.

That dog won’t hunt.
Keep reading your Bible and I believe that you will see differently in the long run (if you have the right Bible).

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Christ said something so pithy when He said, ”Repent and believe the gospel.”[Mark 1:15] Seeing that repentance itself is a gift of God, Acts of the Apostles 5:31, Acts of the Apostles 11:18, Romans 2:4, & 2 Timothy 2:25, and that I could never, and would never, repent in my hatred towards God, I realized it was all of God who caused me to repent and believe the gospel.
Would you have been saved without repentance?

I will answer that for you: your doctrine teaches that a person is saved before they repent and place their faith in Jesus Christ; and therefore the implication is that a man can be saved apart from faith and repentance.

But if your faith and repentance are the basis for your assurance, then know that it was your faith and repentance that brought you to salvation (for without them you would have no knowledge of salvation). And of course Jesus saved you by applying His blood to your life as the result.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That' why I directed you attention to the entire 10th chapter of Romans many times. That is how God draws men to Christ. BUT YOU DON'T REALLY BELIEVE GOD, since you and your Calvinists do not believe that the Gospel is indeed the power of God unto salvation. You believe in magic, not the Gospel.

We believe the gospel is the power of God in saving ppl. Lying about our beliefs is quite uncharitable.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep reading your Bible and I believe that you will see differently in the long run (if you have the right Bible).

I have KJV, NASB(my fav), ESV, NIV, NA25, HCSB, CSB, and I consider them all the right bible, though I rarely use the KJV due to the archaic 17th century Elizabethan language it uses.

Reading my Bible drew me away from the errors contained in freewillism.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yes He can! He provided salvation for all; but all do not receive it. Those who reject the free gift of salvation that cost the Lord so much are insulting the Lord and will have only themselves to blame over their condemnation on the day of judgment.
Please read post #665 very, very carefully again and ponder what I've truly said against what you think I said. Just don't pick phrases rather read the whole post, as it is a very short post.

To God Be The Glory

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I will answer that for you: your doctrine teaches that a person is saved before they repent and place their faith in Jesus Christ; and therefore the implication is that a man can be saved apart from faith and repentance.

But if your faith and repentance are the basis for your assurance, then know that it was your faith and repentance that brought you to salvation (for without them you would have no knowledge of salvation). And of course Jesus saved you by applying His blood to your life as the result.
Without repentance none are saved.[Luke 13:3, Luke 13:5]

You guys are so egotistical it’s sickening.

You don’t need God to give you faith because you can do it yourself.
You don’t need God to give you repentance because you can do it yourself.

All you guys have to do is buckle up your chinstrap and plod your way, working your way to heaven.

Let me give you a hint...For to you it has been granted for Christ’s sake, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake,[Philippians 1:29] Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.”[John 6:29] But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.[2 Thessalonians 2:13]

The ability to believe in Him comes from Him. The ability to repent comes from Him. The ability to remain in Him comes from Him.

Your theology avers “the Lord helps them that help themselves.”

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is your answer going to be because they rejected him so they are going to hell, or are they going to hell because they are sinners!!

Jhn 3:18, He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

People reject the forgiveness that Christ offers; and therefore they are condemned over their sins because they have not been forgiven. So ultimately the answer to your question is, both.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He talked about a "mythical free will", which means that he neither repented nor believed (as is required for all sinners). He was magically saved. So did you or did you not repent and believe the Gospel? And if you did it was a CHOICE OF YOUR FREE WILL. No one compelled you to obey the Gospel (if indeed you did).

It is the stiff-necked Calvinists who hate the truth. You have been shown scores of Scriptures refuting all your nonsensical teachings. But you continue to hold them tenaciously.
That’s why you are on ignore.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jhn 3:18, He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

People reject the forgiveness that Christ offers; and therefore they are condemned over their sins because they have not been forgiven. So ultimately the answer to your question is, both.
Those who reject Him are already condemned. Please learn to exegete.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Total nonsense in saying we believe a person is saved before they repent and exercise faith. Please, gain better reading comprehension skills before you misquote our beliefs again.