Woman of God Starter Pack

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A guide to biblical feminity from a Godly wife

Part two of that guide

Body image

I think sometimes when we think of Godly femininity we have this sort of flowery, tranquil, idea that no real woman fits into. But the more I read the Scriptures for myself, the more I discover that being biblical is not so much posessing a few select qualities but rather a sense of balance, wisdom, and discretion by following God.

It is the same with biblical femininity. A woman of God is to be fearless (1 Peter 3:6) and fears nothing that is frightening. She seeks peace and pursues it. Her value is far above rubies (Proverbs 31:10-12). She is hardworking, domestic, business-minded, and investment-minded (Proverbs 31). Her main adornment is good works and she seeks to serve and not be served.

She is an equal partner with her husband, but respects and obeys him as he leads sacrificially and loves her as Christ loved the Church. Her loving response to him is a picture of the Church's loving response to Christ's example and leadership and is a picture of the gospel.

A woman can be single and content with God alone but she also understands that living in support of a husband and having children are good things. While she may be hardworking, a well-run family and household is her main priority and she is not always running the streets.

She is modest not just outwardly but inwardly, not needlessly flirting or leading men on or constantly seeking attention. She can care for her appearance without making it an obsession or spending an inordinate amount of money on clothes or beauty enhancements.

She fears the Lord and trusts Him completely to be her main go to for all her needs and is content in all kinds of situations. She has strength in her arms and cares for her household and the poor.

I think my love for the vision God has for women began early with my love for my mother and continued as I began reading Scripture in my teenage years. I hope it spreads.

Last edited:

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think sometimes when we think of Godly femininity we have a sort of have this sort of flowery, tranquil, idea that no real woman fits into. But the more I read the Scriptures for myself, the more I discover that being biblical is not so much posessing a few select qualities but rather a sense of balance, wisdom, and discretion by following God.

It is the same with biblical femininity. A woman of God is to be fearless (1 Peter 3:6) and fears nothing that is frightening. She seeks peace and pursues it. Her value is far above rubies (Proverbs 31:10-12). She is hardworking, domestic, business-minded, and investment-minded (Proverbs 31). Her main adornment is good works and she seeks to serve and not be served.

She is an equal partner with her husband, but respects and obeys him as he leads sacrificially and loves her as Christ loved the Church. Her loving response to him is a picture of the Church's loving response to Christ's example and leadership and is a picture of the gospel.

A woman can be single and content with God alone but she also understands that living in support of a husband and having children are good things. While she may be hardworking, a well-run family and household is her main priority and she is not always running the streets.

She is modest not just outwardly but inwardly, not needlessly flirting or leading men on or constantly seeking attention. She can care for her appearance without making it an obsession or spending an inordinate amount of money on clothes or beauty enhancements.

She fears the Lord and trusts Him completely to be her main go to for all her needs and is content in all kinds of situations. She has strength in her arms and cares for her household and the poor.

I think my love for the vision God has for women began early with my love for my mother and continued as I began reading Scripture in my teenage years. I hope it spreads.

After My divorce, (A divorce I did not ask for) I have been delving into the dating marketplace and there are so few woman out there that believe this any more. So many of the Woman out there that are available in my age range are "toxic" women, and entering into a relationship with them would put me right back into a relationship like my marriage was at the end, of Toxic manipulation, and making men as their "Boy toys".

Thank you, Wynona for presenting this out there to Woman as an ideal of How God designed man and woman to be together. Husbands Love the wives, Wives receive the Love of the Husband, and in receiving that love they are loving them in return and building them up that they can be stronger, confident, and adoring gentle men devoted to their family.

There are so many single moms out there who go from toxic relationship to toxic relationship, with their children as the victims, being dragged along for the ride. That is beause they do not know how God intended for this to work... it is in fact gotten so bad that men now are going their own way (MGTOW) and not even wanting to be serious with these women... Toxic women breed toxic men, and vice versa.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
These verses are spot on about women..:)-

"A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.
She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised"
(from Proverbs 31)

"Judy Judy Judy"..
Judy judy.jpg

Reactions: David H. and Wynona

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A PICTURE OF MARRIAGE: This is what God showed me. I have shared it before so it may not be new to everybody but I felt it fitted here.

Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. Ephesians 5:22

Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. Ephesians 5:24

Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Colossians 3:18

As a woman and, I suspect, in the company of many other women, I have often wished that these verses weren’t included in the scriptures. Wrongly I have perceived them to be biased in favour of the man in a relationship. But God has showed me a new picture of submission and in a loving relationship it ought not to be a heavy thing, but rather something joyful and natural.

I am an ardent fan of a TV programme called ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ and love to watch the celebrities grow in confidence during the weeks spent learning and competing. Even in the relatively early days of the programme some of the amateur dancers stand out and by the final couple of weeks it becomes harder to predict who will win.

As I was watching a recent episode of ‘Strictly’ I began to see that a good marriage should be like a dance partnership. The man leads, the woman follows his lead. She must trust him implicitly if the difficult lifts are to be successful. He twirls her away and she dances alone for a while but they are still in step, still dancing to the same music. He draws her back into a close hold and she rests in his arms in the beautiful rhythms of the dance. She reacts to his every move and he is completely aware of her.

Whether the music is fast and joyful or slow and sensuous their partnership is beautiful. And the longer they dance together the more confident of her own ability the female partner becomes.

To me this is a picture of how marriage should be. It is an equal partnership with each partner having their own role; their own set of steps if you like. The woman in a marriage should not lead her partner but follow him just as the female dancer follows the male lead. But equally the man should not control the woman, she must follow willingly.

There will be circumstances when a woman will be ‘dancing’ separately from her husband, for example following a career or ministry, but their lives should continue to be lived in harmony and in step with one another.

During hard times, as in the dance lifts, the wife needs to trust the husband. And there need to be times of closeness and intimacy for the partnership to remain strong.

These dances are choreographed for a man and a woman and are so beautiful to watch when performed by experts. But the dance would not look so good if either was dancing alone; or if the man was pulling and pushing the woman around the ballroom; or if the woman was resisting and refusing to follow the man’s lead.

This picture of marriage has really opened my eyes to how things should be and I hope it blesses those who read it.

Reactions: David H. and Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A PICTURE OF MARRIAGE: This is what God showed me. I have shared it before so it may not be new to everybody but I felt it fitted here.

Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. Ephesians 5:22

Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. Ephesians 5:24

Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Colossians 3:18

As a woman and, I suspect, in the company of many other women, I have often wished that these verses weren’t included in the scriptures. Wrongly I have perceived them to be biased in favour of the man in a relationship. But God has showed me a new picture of submission and in a loving relationship it ought not to be a heavy thing, but rather something joyful and natural.

I am an ardent fan of a TV programme called ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ and love to watch the celebrities grow in confidence during the weeks spent learning and competing. Even in the relatively early days of the programme some of the amateur dancers stand out and by the final couple of weeks it becomes harder to predict who will win.

As I was watching a recent episode of ‘Strictly’ I began to see that a good marriage should be like a dance partnership. The man leads, the woman follows his lead. She must trust him implicitly if the difficult lifts are to be successful. He twirls her away and she dances alone for a while but they are still in step, still dancing to the same music. He draws her back into a close hold and she rests in his arms in the beautiful rhythms of the dance. She reacts to his every move and he is completely aware of her.

Whether the music is fast and joyful or slow and sensuous their partnership is beautiful. And the longer they dance together the more confident of her own ability the female partner becomes.

To me this is a picture of how marriage should be. It is an equal partnership with each partner having their own role; their own set of steps if you like. The woman in a marriage should not lead her partner but follow him just as the female dancer follows the male lead. But equally the man should not control the woman, she must follow willingly.

There will be circumstances when a woman will be ‘dancing’ separately from her husband, for example following a career or ministry, but their lives should continue to be lived in harmony and in step with one another.

During hard times, as in the dance lifts, the wife needs to trust the husband. And there need to be times of closeness and intimacy for the partnership to remain strong.

These dances are choreographed for a man and a woman and are so beautiful to watch when performed by experts. But the dance would not look so good if either was dancing alone; or if the man was pulling and pushing the woman around the ballroom; or if the woman was resisting and refusing to follow the man’s lead.

This picture of marriage has really opened my eyes to how things should be and I hope it blesses those who read it.

I really like this Pearl. I remember being determined to submit at the very start of my marriage. But we didn't trust each other at first and so our "dance" was often awkward and even painful at times.

I wanted our marriage to be biblical but it took time for me to let go and trust my husband with my life.

Now I trust him with my life implicitly. He could uproot our whole lives and I would follow him because I know now that he never steps lightly or thoughtlessly.

I think Satan initially might have laughed at my attempts to use my own strength to bite back all the doubt and negativity in my head and grit my teeth and submit. I thought I was relying on the Holy Spirit but I wasn't.

I doubt Satan is still laughing now. The doors that were once wide open to tear us apart have all increasingly been shut and we approach our 7th anniversary.

Reactions: Pearl