woman wearing pants

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lets see if this will stir anyone.. does this scripture below say women are not to wear pants. your pentecostals and some baptist live and breath this.. i am not necessarily asking this out ofnot knowing.. but curious as to what prof yea or nay

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.Deuteronomy 22:5
Hi Ezra,

Perhaps it does "say women are not to wear pants" HOWEVER that was the old law. We are under the new law so it does not pertain to Christians.

Mary

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Heheh, thanks. I'm all out of ideas on animal pants though.

As a consequence of all this talk about lobster pants, I really want to go eat some lobster now. ha!
*sigh* Lobster envy. Enjoy on behalf of those who live far away from the bountiful ocean...

Reactions: 4Jesus

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd been in and out of church but at this time pretty much out.

I had been born again about 10 years earlier, however, had pretty much returned to a life according to the flesh.

That seems like so long ago! I guess it was!

Much love!

Thanks for sharing. I'm thankful you're back to being a believer.

Reactions: marks

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has any one mentioned hermit crab clothing?

Think of it! Wearing an animal for clothing that is wearing the shell of another animal for clothing!

Has anyone seen a hermit crab without it's proper covering? It's a sight you won't quickly forget, and a sight you will not want to repeat!

An advantage to hermit crabs is that when they are overly handled, and feel threatened, they can grab your skin with their claws and just hold on. So you don't have to worry about your garment slipping. Doesn't that sound like fun?

(Hermit crab keeper for over 25 years. Same batch. I had no idea they would live that long!)

Much love!

Ahahaha, hermit crab clothing! That's awesome ;) That's two beings covered all at the same time.

Though I don't know about their tastyness; I've never tried one, nor had the urge. They might not hold up as far as being edible.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahahaha, hermit crab clothing! That's awesome ;) That's two beings covered all at the same time.

Though I don't know about their tastyness; I've never tried one, nor had the urge. They might not hold up as far as being edible.
Yuck!!! yuck yuck yuck!!!!!

I'm guessing you've never seen one without it's proper abode?

Blech!

Reactions: 4Jesus

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Blech!

I just looked it up - looks like a crawdaddie but with a slug for a tail.

Crawdaddies are good though, not my preferred food, but every decade or so is alright ;)

Lol, I agree, blech! I have no idea what hermit crabs taste like. Possibly just like regular crabs...maybe they're good, but not much meat on them.

Reactions: marks

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Blech!

Our daughter brought a hermit crab back from the beach and I ended up taking care of it. After a while...it was doing well so I had the idea to go get it a buddy. Put the friend in the cage with it and it buried itself and didn’t come back up. I’m thinking ...this is not going as planned. Then the new hermit crab crawled out of its shell one night and fell a part. literally fell a part. After I cleaned out the cage the one buried uncovered himself. A couple weeks later...it fell a part also. They come apart when stressed; they fall to pieces. No lie. Will never own (again)or eat a hermit crab.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our daughter brought a hermit crab back from the beach and I ended up taking care of it. After a while...it was doing well so I had the idea to go get it a buddy. Put the friend in the cage with it and it buried itself and didn’t come back up. I’m thinking ...this is not going as planned. Then the new hermit crab crawled out of its shell one night and fell a part. literally fell a part. After I cleaned out the cage the one buried uncovered himself. A couple weeks later...it fell a part also. They come apart when stressed; they fall to pieces. No lie. Will never own (again)or eat a hermit crab.
I've seen many shocking things happen in the hermit crab tank. I started with 3, and quickly had 9. The largest was Megas, in a 7" whelk shell. I picked it up to show a 10 year old, and two of it's legs remained. So I quickly choose another. I've learned that when they need to molt and can't that's what happens. The one burying was going to molt. They are collected and shipped and marketed, which deprives them the opportunity, and a certain percentage will die for this reason.

I had a crab stay buried to molt (separate tank) for over 6 months, no food or water, then come out just fine. I'm pretty sure the last one to survive had actually eaten 2 or 3 of the others.

I'm not planning a repeat. Interesting and bizarre pets.

Much love!

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've seen many shocking things happen in the hermit crab tank. I started with 3, and quickly had 9. The largest was Megas, in a 7" whelk shell. I picked it up to show a 10 year old, and two of it's legs remained. So I quickly choose another. I've learned that when they need to molt and can't that's what happens. The one burying was going to molt. They are collected and shipped and marketed, which deprives them the opportunity, and a certain percentage will die for this reason.

I had a crab stay buried to molt (separate tank) for over 6 months, no food or water, then come out just fine. I'm pretty sure the last one to survive had actually eaten 2 or 3 of the others.

I'm not planning a repeat. Interesting and bizarre pets.

Much love!

Yes. I read about the molting and put plenty of shell opportunities in there. Didn’t read about them eating each other until I bought a friend. I was horrified to read they may eat each other and thought maybe that was why the one buried itself. It is good to know...but obviously I’m not made to own hermit crabs. Was sad to read when in their natural habitats they live longer than mine did. Thanks. :)

illini1959

May 21, 2019
Central IL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lets see if this will stir anyone.. does this scripture below say women are not to wear pants. your pentecostals and some baptist live and breath this.. i am not necessarily asking this out ofnot knowing.. but curious as to what prof yea or nay

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.Deuteronomy 22:5

Unless you're an OT Jew in Israel it doesn't matter.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole questions seems to me to involve a lack of accuracy in reading 21st century North American culture into Old Testament principles under the law.
the whole question was just a question . ya know sorta like willing to read what others had to say. i do thAT a lot .it wasn't a lack of knowledge question seeking answers . i already knew what my answer was

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I live in a progressive city - it rivals SF, for certain
It is a place where I am happy when people are wearing clothing period!

Men wearing bras as shirts
Women not wearing shirts

It gets dicey

B

brakelite

Uh, in Bible days, men wore what we would consider "dresses" today. I don't think "pants" had even been invented yet.
Actually, the priests wore a form of pants underneath their robes that their nakedness not appear as they walked up the steps to the temple.

B

brakelite

I live in a progressive city - it rivals SF, for certain
It is a place where I am happy when people are wearing clothing period!

Men wearing bras as shirts
Women not wearing shirts

It gets dicey
I'd move.