Women In Leadership In the Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If God is " no respector of man", but wont allow women to preach then He is going against His own word, Women couldnt speak in the days of Jesus, because Jesus was preaching to the Jews who didnt allow women to speak, it has nothing to do with God and everything to do with religion.

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

God bless

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
If God is " no respector of man", but wont allow women to preach then He is going against His own word, Women couldnt speak in the days of Jesus, because Jesus was preaching to the Jews who didnt allow women to speak, it has nothing to do with God and everything to do with religion.

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

God bless

God does not go against His word. Since the beginning, God made Adam the authority and protector (See Genesis 2:18). Since the beginning, God created Eve to help Adam, but this does not mean that she is inferior to Adam. "You are bones of my bones, and flesh of my flesh" said Adam to Eve. This means that Eve is equal to Adam in every way as a human being and should be respected with the same dignity as any human being. But Adam takes the role of authority and protector. This had always been God's will.

Jesus did not allow women to become priests. In no way does this mean that He discriminates against women. Men and women are equal as human beings, but God created them to have different roles. God is aware that a woman can preach the Truth, but her role is not to become a priest. A woman is not to take the role of Head of the household nor head of the Church. That role belongs to the man.

Even the Angel Gabriel understood who the Head of the household is. Before they were married, the Angel Gabriel appeared to both Mary and Joseph. But after they were married, the Angel appeared only to Joseph because he was the Head of the household. This has always been God's will. The modern world is the only one who wants to change this because they don't agree with God's will.

australia

Nov 25, 2010

I fully agree.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
For a husband is the head of his wife as Christ is the head of his body, the church; he gave his life to be her Savior. As the church submits to Christ, so you wives must submit to your husbands in everything. Eph. 5:22&23

Is it ok now for the wife to have authority over her husband?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul is saying the same thing in different ways - husbands love your wives; wives submit to your husbands - it is all love

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house

It depends on how they choose to live their lives. In some cases,one might have better abilities than the other. e.g; one might be disabled in some way.

The husband is always the head of the household even if the wife earns more money than him or even if the wife is more intelligent than him. If the husband is disabled, the wife is there to help her husband, but she is not there to take away his status.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
I don't agree with dispensationalism or whatever it's called. However, that may be for a different discussion.

I think Selene summed it up pretty good. However, the one point I'd like to address is God being no respector of persons.

In Christ there are no Jew's, Gentiles, Men, Women, Free, or Slave.

Yet, we do have men, women, free, slaves, jews, and gentiles. Seems to me what that entire scripture is about is salvation.

In Christ there is no one that can't be saved. Salvation has nothing to do with anything but the fact that you're a human.

Now, if we look and see, we all agree that God is a God of order not chaos.

Doesn't it make sense that God would design things to work a certain way? We accept that God calls and choses people to do what he wants them to do.

Why are we having such a hard time with this subject? Why are we picking things that aren't for today, at the same time saying others are?

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Doesn't it make sense that God would design things to work a certain way? We accept that God calls and choses people to do what he wants them to do.

Why are we having such a hard time with this subject? Why are we picking things that aren't for today, at the same time saying others are?

Why is there argument on this?
I think it's because there's always going to be folks who don't want to accept that "God calls and choses people to do what he wants".
In their mind, God is supposed to respect who they are and heaven is supposed to act accordingly.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Since women pastors and ministers of the gospel of Jesus Christ are preaching Jesus crucified, resurrected and ascended and souls are being saved for Jesus Christ. Will God be upset with it? Will he tell these women that they are going to Hell? The people who came to Christ through their preaching, teaching and pastoring go to Hell? If not what is the problem with women leading? God will choose who He wants!

Mark 9:39-40 "Do not stop him," Jesus said. "No one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, for whoever is not against us is for us."

There is no problem except in your own mind!

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Since women pastors and ministers of the gospel of Jesus Christ are preaching Jesus crucified, resurrected and ascended and souls are being saved for Jesus Christ. Will God be upset with it? Will he tell these women that they are going to Hell? The people who came to Christ through their preaching, teaching and pastoring go to Hell? If not what is the problem with women leading? God will choose who He wants!

Mark 9:39-40 "Do not stop him," Jesus said. "No one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, for whoever is not against us is for us."

There is no problem except in your own mind!

In the biblical verse you quoted, it states, "Do not stop him." It did not say "her." God will not go against His own will. From the beginning, He gave man to be the role to be priests. Even in the Old Testament, God's chosen people (the Jews) did not have female priests. God called only men to be priests because men are the head of the household. Members of the Church are God's family. And in the family, the man is the Head of the household. Women are not called to be the head of the household. And because they are not the head of the household, they are not supposed to be priests because priests represent Christ, who is Head of the Church. In the Old Testament, all the prophets that God chose were men. All His annointed ones were men.

All of Heaven recognize the man to be the head of the house. Even the angel went to Zachariah to tell him that his wife Elizabeth was going to have a child. The angel did not go to Elizabeth to tell her this because she was not the head of the household. He went to Zachariah. In the case of Mary, the Angel Gabriel went to Mary to tell her that she will give birth to the Son of the Most High. At that time, Mary was not yet married. However, AFTER Mary and Joseph were married, the Angel appeared ONLY to Joseph because Joseph was the head of the household. The Angel no longer appeared to Mary after she married Joseph. It was only to Joseph that the Angel spoke to. And this is an Angel sent by God.

Jesus also chose men to be His Apostles, and He instructed these men to go out and preach to the world and baptize them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He did not tell any woman to do this. Therefore, the priesthood belongs only to the men because they represent Christ who is Head of the Church. The wife is not head of the household. The wife represents the Church and therefore cannot be a priest just as St. Paul says:

Ephesians 5:23 Because the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ is the head of the church. He is the saviour of his body.

The husband is the head because he represents Christ who is Head of the Church. The wife is the body because she represents the Church. This is God's plan in the role of men and women. The modern world disagrees with God's plan because the modern world thinks it knows better than God.

Reactions: WhiteKnuckle

Amazing Grace

Mar 21, 2011
It's a real controversial issue.

Not one I care to indulge in.

It was interesting in reading various stances taken on this topic.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
In the biblical verse you quoted, it states, "Do not stop him." It did not say "her." God will not go against His own will. From the beginning, He gave man to be the role to be priests. Even in the Old Testament, God's chosen people (the Jews) did not have female priests. God called only men to be priests because men are the head of the household. Members of the Church are God's family. And in the family, the man is the Head of the household. Women are not called to be the head of the household. And because they are not the head of the household, they are not supposed to be priests because priests represent Christ, who is Head of the Church. In the Old Testament, all the prophets that God chose were men. All His annointed ones were men.

All of Heaven recognize the man to be the head of the house. Even the angel went to Zachariah to tell him that his wife Elizabeth was going to have a child. The angel did not go to Elizabeth to tell her this because she was not the head of the household. He went to Zachariah. In the case of Mary, the Angel Gabriel went to Mary to tell her that she will give birth to the Son of the Most High. At that time, Mary was not yet married. However, AFTER Mary and Joseph were married, the Angel appeared ONLY to Joseph because Joseph was the head of the household. The Angel no longer appeared to Mary after she married Joseph. It was only to Joseph that the Angel spoke to. And this is an Angel sent by God.

Jesus also chose men to be His Apostles, and He instructed these men to go out and preach to the world and baptize them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He did not tell any woman to do this. Therefore, the priesthood belongs only to the men because they represent Christ who is Head of the Church. The wife is not head of the household. The wife represents the Church and therefore cannot be a priest just as St. Paul says:

Ephesians 5:23 Because the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ is the head of the church. He is the saviour of his body.

The husband is the head because he represents Christ who is Head of the Church. The wife is the body because she represents the Church. This is God's plan in the role of men and women. The modern world disagrees with God's plan because the modern world thinks it knows better than God.

You still did not answer my questions. Are you God? No. Do you decide whom He calls? No. Are you saying whom God can and can not call? Yes. So you are trying to be God! The point is they are here, God called them and is blessing their ministires. Souls are being saved by their leadership, teaching, and preaching. God is blessing them! And you say that you teach in the assembly of beleivers! If we interpret it literally you should be quiet, you should not sing, were pants to church, talk in church, read annoucements, wear braided hair, and cover your head when you come in the assembly.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
You still did not answer my questions. Are you God? No. Do you decide whom He calls? No. Are you saying whom God can and can not call? Yes. So you are trying to be God! The point is they are here, God called them and is blessing their ministires. Souls are being saved by their leadership, teaching, and preaching. God is blessing them! And you say that you teach in the assembly of beleivers! If we interpret it literally you should be quiet, you should not sing, were pants to church, talk in church, read annoucements, wear braided hair, and cover your head when you come in the assembly.

Careful of the accusations we don't want this to get too heated where it will have to be closed.

Now looking at the scripture you posted did Jesus appoint him? Was he one of Christ's disciples?

Jesus said, "On judgment day many will tell me, 'Lord, Lord, we prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name'. But I will reply, 'I never knew you. Go away; the things you did were unauthorized'."

Just some more to consider
smile.gif

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

Your post reminds me of what Jesus once said to Peter. Jesus told Peter to get behind him becausehe was thinking like a human not as God thinks,

You think God calls women who say they are called. Those women may say that, but one of thetests of, if it is God calling one, is the written Word of God.

You believe that good fruit is coming from their ministry,but it is not good fruit if it goes against what the Bible says.

Paul tells us: “Ifanyone thinks they are a prophet or otherwise gifted by the Spirit, let themacknowledge that what I am writing to you is the Lord’s command. But if anyone ignores this, theywill themselves be ignored.”

It is the Lord’s command!

(1 Corinthians 14:34-44) “Women shouldremain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be insubmission, as the law says. Ifthey want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands athome; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church. Or did the word of Godoriginate with you? Or are you the only people it has reached? If anyone thinks they are aprophet or otherwise gifted by the Spirit, let them acknowledge that what I amwriting to you is the Lord’s command. Butif anyone ignores this, they will themselves be ignored.”

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house

Hello UHCAIan,

God did not call any woman to become priests because it is not their role to become priests. That is very clear in the Scriptures. God created men and women equally, but DIFFERENTLY. He assigned them different roles. Women can speak in Church because they are allowed to pray in Church. Furthermore, souls are not saved by a man's or woman's leadership because salvation comes only from God and not from any human.

You do not understand the reason why God chose those roles. The man is the head of the house just as Christ is the Head of the Church. Why? Because Christ gave up His own life for the Church. God also called men to love their wives in the same way as Christ love the Church. Do you understand what this means? Men are head of the household because they are the authority and the protector who gave up their lives for their wife and family.

Ephesians 5:25
Husbands, love your wives, as Christ also loved the church, and delivered himself up for it:

HOW did Christ love the Church? He gave up His life for the Church. So, HOW do you think husbands should love their wives? Scripture says that husbands are to love their wives AS Christ loved His Church and delivered Himself up for it. In all the greatest love stories or romance movies that you ever saw, did you ever see women giving up their lives for the men? If anything, the wfie should be grateful that her husband is willing to die for her just as Christ died for the Church.

In Christ,
Selene

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Hello UHCAIan,

God did not call any woman to become priests because it is not their role to become priests. That is very clear in the Scriptures. God created men and women equally, but DIFFERENTLY. He assigned them different roles. Women can speak in Church because they are allowed to pray in Church. Furthermore, souls are not saved by a man's or woman's leadership because salvation comes only from God and not from any human.

You do not understand the reason why God chose those roles. The man is the head of the house just as Christ is the Head of the Church. Why? Because Christ gave up His own life for the Church. God also called men to love their wives in the same way as Christ love the Church. Do you understand what this means? Men are head of the household because they are the authority and the protector who gave up their lives for their wife and family.

Ephesians 5:25
Husbands, love your wives, as Christ also loved the church, and delivered himself up for it:

HOW did Christ love the Church? He gave up His life for the Church. So, HOW do you think husbands should love their wives? Scripture says that husbands are to love their wives AS Christ loved His Church and delivered Himself up for it. In all the greatest love stories or romance movies that you ever saw, did you ever see women giving up their lives for the men? If anything, the wfie should be grateful that her husband is willing to die for her just as Christ died for the Church.

In Christ,
Selene

You still refuse to ansmwer my question. But, i guess you can not. i accept and consider the differences of our interpretation of the holy writ. I see you side and you do not see my side but all is well. The great gift of all is that we have salvation in Jesus Christ! God bless you shalom!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still refuse to ansmwer my question. But, i guess you can not. i accept and consider the differences of our interpretation of the holy writ. I see you side and you do not see my side but all is well. The great gift of all is that we have salvation in Jesus Christ! God bless you shalom!

I am going to be honest

It really bothers me when I read a long, well thought out response to a difficult question and then a dismissive response like this.....

It only encourages people to give one word responses or ignore you completely

I know I will never bother to be thoughtful in response to your questions

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
I am going to be honest

It really bothers me when I read a long, well thought out response to a difficult question and then a dismissive response like this.....

It only encourages people to give one word responses or ignore you completely

I know I will never bother to be thoughtful in response to your questions
Im sorry you feel that way! Maybe you need to go back in prayer before you stop being thoughtful in responces. I have came to the conclusion that both sides will not come to agreement. So I am not going to agrue for Jesus did not save us to agrue with each other! I see my fellow laborers point and I have my own idea. I respect their point but Im not going to continue to agrue over something that will never be resolved. God bless you and Shalom!