World out of oil in 38 years

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does this concern you?

• yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • no

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • I could care less

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DavFunk

Jun 19, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So? Is that oil well production based on how much we wanted to produce? Or how much we could produce? Dairy farmers are required at times to pour out a certain amount of milk that they make. In fact, they are paid to do so.

Stranger

Agree with that

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with assumptions about running out of oil is the idea that we have found all there is to be found and also that oil is a finite resource. There are many who hold that oil is not from a "fossil" source but in fact from earth internal processes. Also, there is as much or more oil that seeps naturally from the earth compared to the amount used by people. Ask any oceanographer.

In every decade, the hue and cry goes out that we are running out of oil. I have heard it for over 60 years. Yet, we have more oil accessible than ever before. And more natural gas reserves than anyone could have imagined just 20 years ago. We do waste a lot of it, I will concede that gladly. But running out of it, there is nothing that convinces me of that.

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ENERGY REPORT
WHAT NEXT--to learn how to survive in comfort without oil.

Ok.,,,., we have about 40 years until is all pumped out of the ground & that is a long time to make that transition. We have the time so no need to panic today; Yet!!.

The end of the Fossil Fuel era is upon us so what are we going to do next-?

Energy information Administration Official Energy Statistics from the US government
U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) - Analysis & Projections

The above report indicates that the US will be using primarily oil as our main energy source through 2030-2020= 10 YEARS ************

The world's total declared reserves are 1,317,400,000,000 barrels (January 2007).
Oil reserves - Wikipedia

World oil consumption 2005 is 80,290,000 barrels per day or 29,305,850,000 per year
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2174rank.html

Dividing annual consumption into total reserves gives us 44.9 years of oil supply at the current consumption rate.

Update:
Known oil reserves
Annual consumption of oil
1,651,000,000,000 / 31,536,000,000 = 52.3528665652 years.
= 52.3528665652 years.

That was eleven (11)years ago, we are not changing your habits and this spells doom for us all.

I first started looking into this in 2007)

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The human race needs to learn how to survive in comfort without oil.

Ok.,,,., we have about 40 years until is all pumped out of the ground & that is a long time to make that transition. We have the time so no need to panic today; Yet!!.
The wo
World oil consumption 2005
is 80,290,000 barrels per day or 29,305,850,000 per year
Dividing annual consumption into total reserves gives us 44.9 years of oil supply at the current consumption rate.
Update:
Known oil reserves
Annual consumption of oil
1,651,000,000,000 / 31,536,000,000 = 52.3528665652 years.
= 52.3528665652 years.

That was eleven (11)years ago, we are not changing your habits and this spells doom for us all.
North Sea is running too dry to meet target
Wednesday July 4, 2007
The real casus belli: peak oil
Tuesday June 26, 2007
Science Panel Finds Fault With Estimates of Coal Supply
Published: June 21, 2007
Chevron announces that they now have 11.8 years of oil left at current production levels after aquiring Unocal reserves
07/08/05
An Oil Enigma: Production Falls Even as Reserves Rise
Published: June 12, 2004
"The decline of oil and gas will affect the world population more than climate change"
In January 2001, the U.S.
Department of Energy estimated the world's supply of unexploited oil reserves the world supply of oil will be totally exhausted 35 years from now (June 2003).
World oil and gas 'running out'

Thursday, October 2, 2003 Posted: 1245 GMT ( 8:45 PM HKT)
The Oil Crunch
Published: May 7, 2004
The question, instead, is when the trend in oil prices will turn decisively upward. That upward turn is inevitable as a growing world economy confronts a resource in limited supply. But when will it happen?
Maybe it already has.
Natural gas markets undergo turbulent transition as domestic production declines

Tuesday, December 16, 2003

"Texas' oil resource is pretty well picked over,"

Oman's Oil Yield Long in Decline, Shell Data Show
Published: April 8, 2004

Half of Texas’s oil wells have dried up in the past 40 years and there are very few new ones.
Tight Oil Supply Won't Ease Soon

Published: May 16, 2004
Two dollars for a gallon of gas? Get used to it. High fuel prices are here to stay, at least for the near future, because no relief is in sight for tight oil supplies.

Just curious?
Does anyone have a clue?, I know I don’t
Besides, at 70 I’ll be dead by then so why should I care?
Then again, I have children too
That’s worth carrying for.

Don’t you agree?

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just curious?
Does anyone have a clue?, I know I don’t
Besides, at 70 I’ll be dead by then so why should I care?
Then again, I have children too
That’s worth carrying for.

Don’t you agree?

Yes, with your last comments. But for the analysis, not at all. One of my minors in College was Geology. This whole running out of oil is a ruse to promote an agenda. And there is substantial evidence that petroleum and natural gas are not a product of compressed and heated dinosaurs but a result of natural processes that go on internally between the crust and mantle of the planet. The only association with fossils is that rising oil in the crust will pool in sedimentary rock formations which are relatively porous and contain many fossils.

These same warnings of running out of oil in 20-30-40 years, whatever, is all political to promote agendas. I have heard it all for over 6 decades. Yet we have more oil reserves than ever before. Even in little Israel, significant natural gas and oil reserves have been discovered in the last few years. Enough to make them a significant player in the middle east once production gets under way.

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did the research; Now you help me get the word out (BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!)

The World’s Largest Oil Reserves By Country

Proven oil reserves are those that have a reasonable certainty of being recoverable under existing economic and political conditions, with existing technology.

38 years? Really? -- Jesus will rule a 1,000 year Millennial Kingdom. Will HE be brought down in a mere ~35 years into his reign because of a lack of petroleum? Will humanity cease to exist because of a lack of petroleum? I think not.

It seems to be the bigger question is the near term: the next 12 months. -- When the U.S. takes military action this summer (in concert with her allies) and Russia and Iran converge on northern Israel, and Sudan and Libya converge on southern Israel, the entire Middle East will be in flames in the process. So my concern is what will happen when the global oil supply is strangled.

The earth will collide with the sun in 40 Billion years. Oh nooooooo, what will we do?!? :)
Bobby Jo

Reactions: Copperhead

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, with your last comments. But for the analysis, not at all. One of my minors in College was Geology. This whole running out of oil is a ruse to promote an agenda. And there is substantial evidence that petroleum and natural gas are not a product of compressed and heated dinosaurs but a result of natural processes that go on internally between the crust and mantle of the planet.
Every living thing in the oceans eventually die and then sink to the bottom. This process has been going on for millions of years. Over the course of time this living matter coalesced into what we now call fossil fuels. (just my opinion)
These same warnings of running out of oil in 20-30-40 years, whatever, is all political to promote agendas.
What would that agenda be-?
I have heard it all for over 6 decades. Yet we have more oil reserves than ever before.
I would like to believe you but since you are a stranger I need some proof. If you cannot provide it then what other card do you have hiden under your sleeve?
Even in little Israel, significant natural gas and oil reserves have been discovered in the last few years. Enough to make them a significant player in the middle east once production gets under way.
Energean Makes Major Gas Discovery Off Israel’s Coast
(off the coast of Palestine, not "Israel")
Greek energy firm Energean said on Monday that it had made a “significant” discovery of between 28 and 42 billion cubic meters of natural gas at its North Karish field offshore Israel.
Energean makes major gas discovery off Israel’s coast
The above gas find is off the west bank, land the Israeli's stole from the Palestinians and that find will not help the world’s need for energy. On a worldwide scale it’s just a drop in the bucket.
Consumption of natural gas worldwide is projected to increase from 120 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) in 2012 to 203 Tcf in 2040 in the International Energy Outlook 2016
https://www.eia.gov/outlooks/ieo/pdf/nat_gas.pdf
"Even in little Israel" finds a drop in a bucket.
:)-

Last edited:

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to be the bigger question is the near term: the next 12 months. -- When the U.S. takes military action this summer (in concert with her allies) and Russia and Iran converge on northern Israel, and Sudan and Libya converge on southern Israel, the entire Middle East will be in flames in the process.
What will be done will be done
So my concern is what will happen when the global oil supply is strangled.
America is an oil exporter, not an importer

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What would that agenda be-?

Continue on. Let those who search for and drill for oil do so unrestricted. Only safety measures mandated.

I would like to believe you but since you are a stranger I need some proof. If you cannot provide it then what other card do you have hiden under your sleeve?

I could put a copy of my DD-214 showing my military service thru the entire 1970's up online, but I am not going to share it. But since i was in the military thru the entire 1970's, I went in at 17 and celebrated my 18th birthday in the jungle with an M-16, that should give a clue as to my age and that stating I have heard the nonsense for over 6 decades is not a stretch. I probably could have said 7 decades, but what's the use. 6 decades gets the point across.

Energean Makes Major Gas Discovery Off Israel’s Coast
(off the coast of Palestine, not "Israel")

There never has been a "Palestine" on the history of the planet. Before modern Israel came to be, it was Trans-Jordan. The area you are referencing is Gaza, not Palestine. There wasn't even a people called Palestinians until the PLO made the name up in 1964.... 16 years after Israel became a nation. "Palestinia" was the name the Romans gave the area just to stick it in the eye of the Hebrew people. Palestinia is the Latin for Philisitine, the historic enemy of Israel. What better way to dig in the spur in those cursed Hebrews than to name that area after the enemy they have had to deal with since they crossed into Canaan. But there never was a people or country called Palestine.

The land that is now Israel didn't belong to Palestinians or even Jordan. It was property of the British since 1918 after the Ottoman Empire lost WW I. The British segregated it per the UN into Israel and Jordan. It wasn't stolen from anyone.

The West Bank is not on the coast, it is the west bank of the Jordan river and didn't belong to Palestine either, and was never called that. It was property of Jordan who lost it when they attacked Israel in 1967. History and geography is not your strong points are they?

But you seemed to not be aware of the oil find in the Golan Heights. I did say oil and natural gas. You need to get up to speed.

I probably wouldn't be so snippy if you had not implied I was not what I said I was and had a card up my sleeve. You took the first swing so don't feel offended if I took one back. If you are going to play hard ball, then wear a cup.

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bobby Jo said:
So my concern is what will happen when the global oil supply is strangled.

America is an oil exporter, not an importer

The United States CANNOT make up for a Middle East which is on fire. There WILL be a global oil shortage. The PRICE of oil will skyrocket. The availability of oil IN THE U.S. may be significantly impacted.

But we shouldn't worry about the next 12 months, we should focus on what will happen 38 years from now.

And don't bother watching the news, -- NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN! :)
Bobby Jo

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There never has been a "Palestine" on the history of the planet. Before modern Israel came to be, it was Trans-Jordan. The area you are referencing is Gaza, not Palestine. There wasn't even a people called Palestinians until the PLO made the name up in 1964...
There never has been a place called "Israel" in the history of the planet.

Read the truth, then weep my friend, weep loudly
Palestine (Arabic: فلسطين‎ Filasṭīn, Falasṭīn, Filisṭīn; Greek: Παλαιστίνη, Palaistinē; Latin: Palaestina; Hebrew: פלשתינה‎ Palestina) is a geographic region in Western Asia usually considered to include Israel, the West Bank, the Gaza Strip, and in some definitions, parts of western Jordan.

The name was used by ancient Greek writers, and it was later used for the Roman province Syria Palaestina, the Byzantine Palaestina Prima, and the Islamic provincial district of Jund Filastin. The region comprises most of the territory claimed for the biblical regions known as the Land of Israel (Hebrew: ארץ־ישראל‎ Eretz-Yisra'el), the Holy Land or Promised Land. Historically, it has been known as the southern portion of wider regional designations such as Canaan, Syria, ash-Sham, and the Levant.

Situated at a strategic location between Egypt, Syria and Arabia, and the birthplace of Judaism and Christianity, the region has a long and tumultuous history as a crossroads for religion, culture, commerce, and politics. The region has been controlled by numerous peoples, including Ancient Egyptians, Canaanites, Israelites and Judeans, Assyrians, Babylonians, Achaemenids, ancient Greeks, the Jewish Hasmonean Kingdom, Romans, Parthians, Sasanians, Byzantines, the Arab Rashidun, Umayyad, Abbasid and Fatimid caliphates, Crusaders, Ayyubids, Mamluks, Mongols, Ottomans, the British, and modern Israelis, Jordanians, Egyptians and Palestinians.
Palestine (region) - Wikipedia

But you seemed to not be aware of the oil find in the Golan Heights. I did say oil and natural gas. You need to get up to speed.
I'm happy for the Israeli find or was it theft? Anyway, it will not save them in the end. God is judging them this day and oil nor gas is going to save them on judgement day.

I probably wouldn't be so snippy if you had not implied I was not what I said I was and had a card up my sleeve. You took the first swing so don't feel offended if I took one back. If you are going to play hard ball, then wear a cup.

Oh baby, let it all out; give it your best.
Then it will be my turn, my sweet, plump, dumpling :)-

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
egypt.gif

I looked for Ancient Israel and looked and looked
but it could not be found :)-

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
World out of oil in 38 years
this is the topic of this thread; now do not sway from it!!
by order of the OP
With one exception--Copperhead may sway if he chooses to do so

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm happy for the Israeli find or was it theft? Anyway, it will not save them in the end. God is judging them this day and oil nor gas is going to save them on judgement day.

Actually, the nations are in deep kimchi. The nations will be judged on how they treated the Hebrew people And Yeshua is not coming back until the Jacob / Israel acknowledges their rejection. Nothing else. And in the end, Jacob / Israel will be saved out of the calamity that comes upon the earth.

You are right, oil and gas won't save them. But the Son of David will. And nothing will stop it.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
egypt.gif

I looked for Ancient Israel and looked and looked
but it could not be found :)-

Of course, when you take a hand drawn map of what the area was before the Hebrew people were brought out of Egypt. I am not sure you could find your way out of a 55 gallon drum.

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To All,

PLEASE DO NOT STRAY FROM THE OP. -- By order of the OP!

Whew. -- What do you call a person who's a hypocrite? Oh yeah, a hypocrite! :)
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, when you take a map of what the area was before the Hebrew people were brought out of Egypt. I am not sure you could find your way out of a 55 gallon drum.
It is clear you are not very familiar with scripture. Maybe your parents didn’t want you to see the whole truth, just bits and pieces of it. The only place the Jews flourished was in Egypt; before that they were shepherds. In fact, Israel ordered all his people to pack up and leave the land of Palestine and move to Egypt. All the Jews did so and moved to Egypt. The Pharaoh gave the Jews the best of the land and treated them with great respect. It wasn’t until Moses murders an Egyptian in the street that all things turned bad. The Pharaoh tried to punish Moses for this killing but before he could be caught the Jews fled which later became the great “exodus”.

Last but not least, today we have "Jews" and "Israelis"; they are not one and the same

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to the real issues of the day---
Wind and solar will account for 64 percent of the 8.6TW [1 Terawatt = 1,000 Gigawatts] of new power generating capacity added worldwide over the next 25 years, and for almost 60 percent of the $11.4 trillion invested."

The report predicts that coal, gas, and oil will peak by 2025, and will hit its final decline even sooner than that, concluding that, "coal and gas will begin their terminal decline in less than a decade".

By 2027, the real tipping point will occur, when fossil fuels will be well and truly on the decline and renewables have been established long enough that they’ll likely be generating energy more cheaply than existing coal, gas, and oil refineries. And there’s nothing quite like a cheaper price to accelerate an industry even further.
This Is The End of The Fossil Fuel Age as We Know It, Says Report

World governments vow to end fossil fuel era at UN climate signing ceremony
Representatives of more than 170 countries endorse Paris agreement to cut carbon emissions, with France’s president saying: ‘There is no turning back’
World governments vow to end fossil fuel era at UN climate signing ceremony

BTW: the only country that doesn't see the writing on the wall is the Trump(usa) country