Worlds longest thread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
I don't know who'd want to hang out during the Tribulation. Its going to look like something out of a science fiction movie with all these fake "extraterrestrials" walking around the earth claiming to have engineered man. I have to give satan some credit though, he sure knows how to come up with a whopper for the uninformed. :lol: Good luck fellas. If you come by my house, I have plenty of ammo in the basement closet that you can help yourself to. :D

I will not need your stinking ammo; I know how to use my Gospel Armor, and there isn’t a jet pack on it. I will stay working in the field like we are told not running like a coward.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
I will not need your stinking ammo; I know how to use my Gospel Armor, and there isn’t a jet pack on it. I will stay working in the field like we are told not running like a coward.

Go take on the Antichrist tough guy. :lol: Btw, how many times must I clarify that I do not have any "self rapturing abilities?" :D If I'm called home, I don't exactly have a say in the matter. Lighten up bud. ;)

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
When you guys stop with the rapture folly I might back off until the next round of false teachers..

I hope you know...that when we get up to heaven, I'm going to tell you, "I told you so Jerry." And I'm going to show off that glorious crown I'll be receiving because I was looking for his glorious appearance in the "rapture." You're going to miss out on some nice bling. :D

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
I hope you know...that when we get up to heaven, I'm going to tell you, "I told you so Jerry." And I'm going to show off that glorious crown I'll be receiving because I was looking for his glorious appearance in the "rapture." You're going to miss out on some nice bling. :D

We'll see!

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
I have always found it interesting that the strong people who claim to be ready to take on the Antichrist

....... lose their composure at the mere mention of a pre tribulation rapture.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I have always found it interesting that the strong people who claim to be ready to take on the Antichrist

....... lose their composure at the mere mention of a pre tribulation rapture.

Easy to answer if a Morman came here and started telling you the Book of Morman was the true word of God would you get upset or perhaps you lose your composer? Thats what you guys do with your Pre trib Rature theory.

The facts are facts only fools deny facts ... The pre trib rapture is not written in Gods Word its a lie of Satan and being a Bible reader we get tired of hearing this garbage doctrine of men stated as though it was Gods written truth...Now you can believe it because you chose to but do not say its written No one has ever proved its written ever thats why its called a Rapture theroy ..the drefintion of a theroy is something that cxan not be proved ... Rapture theroy was started by a young girls dream in the 1800's not ever taught by an Apostel nor is any third secret coming written... flesh and blood can not enter heaven and Satan is prince of the air so where you going.

I am only answering this for those who are confused about this and /or have eyes to see this is a false teaching of men ...not of God. but then read for yourself

1830: During the spring a young woman in Scotland, Margaret Macdonald, declared that she had discovered in the Bible what had never been seen by others: a rapture of "church" members described as a "pre-Antichrist" (or pretrib) event. Her words: "one taken and the other left" before "THE WICKED [Antichrist] be revealed." She was a partial rapturist seeing only part of the "church" raptured and the rest of the "church" left on earth. When she wrote that the "trial of the Church is from Antichrist," she meant the part of the church not included in her pretrib rapture. Leading partial rapturists including Pember and Govett have always applied the word "church" to the ones "left behind." Robert Norton, Irvingite historian and on-scene witness of Margaret's utterances, wrote that Margaret was the "first" to privately teach pretrib.

http://www.scionofzion.com/pretrib_rapture_diehards.htm

PS if you can prove this article wrong you can win $1000.00

also notice none of these Pre trib rature believeers back anything with scripture just opinions and a misinterptation of an error in 1 Thess 4, which was corrected in 2 Thess. All they have is jokes a smart remarks ..its their only defense because there isnt any biblical defense ..its really quite pitful :unsure:

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
Easy to answer if a Morman came here and started telling you the Book of Morman was the true word of God would you get upset or perhaps you lose your composer? Thats what you guys do with your Pre trib Rature theory.

The facts are facts only fools deny facts ... The pre trib rapture is not written in Gods Word its a lie of Satan and being a Bible reader we get tired of hearing this garbage doctrine of men stated as though it was Gods written truth...Now you can believe it because you chose to but do not say its written No one has ever proved its written ever thats why its called a Rapture theroy ..the drefintion of a theroy is something that cxan not be proved ... Rapture theroy was started by a young girls dream in the 1800's not ever taught by an Apostel nor is any third secret coming written... flesh and blood can not enter heaven and Satan is prince of the air so where you going.

I am only answering this for those who are confused about this and /or have eyes to see this is a false teaching of men ...not of God. but then read for yourself

1830: During the spring a young woman in Scotland, Margaret Macdonald, declared that she had discovered in the Bible what had never been seen by others: a rapture of "church" members described as a "pre-Antichrist" (or pretrib) event. Her words: "one taken and the other left" before "THE WICKED [Antichrist] be revealed." She was a partial rapturist seeing only part of the "church" raptured and the rest of the "church" left on earth. When she wrote that the "trial of the Church is from Antichrist," she meant the part of the church not included in her pretrib rapture. Leading partial rapturists including Pember and Govett have always applied the word "church" to the ones "left behind." Robert Norton, Irvingite historian and on-scene witness of Margaret's utterances, wrote that Margaret was the "first" to privately teach pretrib.

http://www.scionofzi...re_diehards.htm

PS if you can prove this article wrong you can win $1000.00

also notice none of these Pre trib rature believeers back anything with scripture just opinions and a misinterptation of an error in 1 Thess 4, which was corrected in 2 Thess. All they have is jokes a smart remarks ..its their only defense because there isnt any biblical defense ..its really quite pitful :unsure:

You're entitled to your opinion Christina regarding the "rapture" doctrine but please stop advancing this myth that the "rapture" doctrine was started in the 1800s. I've already posted the historical, documented evidence that goes as far back as 1600 years ago showing that the early church not only understood the "rapture" doctrine but believed it. If you continue to advance this falsehood about it being authored by a mentally ill child in the 1800s, then you'll fittingly receive the title of "Ignoramus Maximus." Its valid to say that Darby made the doctrine more popular in recent memory, but you are dangerously close to losing all credibility and of being fitting of also being called intellectually dishonest by denying written historical evidence. Hey you reject the "rapture" doctrine, that's fine. But you are lying on this thread to support your argument. And that's not kosher in my book.

There are plenty of books you can read that lay out the pre-trib argument. Show a little respect to the tedious scholarship that's been done by Christian writers like Hal Lindsey, Chuck Missler, Grant Jeffrey, Bill Salus, Tim LaHaye, etc.

Reactions: 01CobraVortech

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009

There are plenty of books you can read that lay out the pre-trib argument. Show a little respect to the tedious scholarship that's been done by Christain writers like Hal Lindsey, Chuck Missler, Grant Jeffrey, Bill Salus, Tim LaHaye, etc.

And they are all ferry tails. Just plain garbage!

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
A shame that others think they are so much smarter, and Hear God so much clearer than all the others that have been teaching for years...............Sad...........very sad.

Jesus Is Lord.

Jilli

Feb 23, 2009
A shame that others think they are so much smarter, and Hear God so much clearer than all the others that have been teaching for years...............Sad...........very sad.

Jesus Is Lord.

I don't know which side you are talking about but taking your sentence on face value ...I AGREE.

That is the main reason I don't come to this forum any more but have now joined another Christian forum.

Both sides have lots of verses to uphold their view, and both sides genuinely think they're right.
If it were of utmost importance then God would have allowed it to be much clearer with no confusion of interpretation.
As there IS confusion then either side should graciously allow each person to have their own views. It is not a matter
of salvation if you believe in the rapture or not. :eek:
Love and unity is of far more importance to God.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008

Jilli:

Both sides have lots of verses to uphold their view, and both sides genuinely think they're right.
If it were of utmost importance then God would have allowed it to be much clearer with no confusion of interpretation.
As there IS confusion then either side should graciously allow each person to have their own views. It is not a matter
of salvation if you believe in the rapture or not. :eek:
Love and unity is of far more importance to God.

That is a whole lot of Wisdom :)

I have looked at this for some time and the Church world seems to be split on Rapture or no Rapture. I see both sides having very valid points, and have done very detailed studies. Both sides even make sense though they take a different view.

The whole issue is time line. Both sides place the time lines at different places. Both sides have good counter arguments. There is assumptions on both sides to fill in the blanks because unlike Salvation in Jesus, God did not make things real clear.

The no rapture group (Some of them) also think that they will go though some trial process, they miss that also, as God said we shall escape the wrath to come. They are also the group that understands little of our authority over Satan.

The Rapture Group see those delivering verses as a connection to the Rapture, but they just assume that, as there is no clear connection.

If you want to pick a side, then fine. Just don't disrespect the other side that has also done some brilliant bible studies, and love the Lord.

What I do see is a "Be Ready" message for both sides. Be ready!!!! Rapture or No Rapture, God expect you to walk in faith, God also knew with the information he gave us, that there would be a split on both sides. That tells me we are focused on something that is not that important.

If there is a Rapture, then how does that change your walk with God in all diligence ??
If no Rapture, then how does that change your Walk with God in all diligence ??

Pretty silly..........

Jesus is Lord.

Reactions: 01CobraVortech

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Christina

I would like you to know I am not a Mormon , nor a moron , nor a fool, nor a person who has ever relied on any young woman in Scotland in the 1800's

My views are grounded in systematic theology and that is how all doctrine should be approached.

On an unprovable item such as the timing of the translation of living Christians nobody should claim to be 100% certain.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Christina

I would like you to know I am not a Mormon , nor a moron , nor a fool, nor a person who has ever relied on any young woman in Scotland in the 1800's

My views are grounded in systematic theology and that is how all doctrine should be approached.

On an unprovable item such as the timing of the translation of living Christians nobody should claim to be 100% certain.

And Martain if you read what I said I never called you a Mormon I used it as a metaphor to explain behavior of those you mock......

funny how you only quote a bunch of men but cant show scripture ..and there is no documentation of Pre trib Rapture ... and even if there were why must you go to men instead of God for documentation???? Why havent you or any other man ever claimed the 1000 dollar reward???? It 'sall fairytales thats why ....

God speaks of no pre trib rapture or someone could have proved it by now instead you believers of it ingnore Gods words to hang on to your mens believe
of just ignoring 2 thess. and when our gathering to Lord is
amoung other things he says

God says there is no gathering to him until after the man of sin is revealed ...

like it or not thats Gods word on it. Sorry if that disagrees with you teaching of men.

I will never stop saying Gods Word does not teach pre trib Rapture and you will answer for anyone you have mislead not my words Gods

"And at that time many will fall away and will deliver up one another and hate one another.... "But the one who endures to the end, he shall be saved. (Matthew 24:10, 13) One must be present to endure a thing

For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. (Matthew 16:25) This is what pre trib Rapture teaches heed Gods word here

And the only thing thats sad Brother Mike is what price you pay for not hearing God over men

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
And the only thing thats sad Brother Mike is what price you pay for not hearing God over men

How I get dragged into this??

Still, what difference is rapture or no rapture going to make? As if we are suppose to serve God more or less......

Mike.

6stringedsignseeker

Mar 10, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
How I get dragged into this??

Still, what difference is rapture or no rapture going to make? As if we are suppose to serve God more or less......

Mike.
I strongly believe in a pre-trib rapture. Just so this doesn't turn into a debate here (since there is one ongoing allready in another thread) I believe this as to me there seems to be stronger evidence pointing to it than against it. But I hardly believe it is a salvation issue. The two sides (and I've seen this elsewhere) tend to get worked up about it and suddenly both sides are saying the other are apostate, or false prophets, or not true christians even (YIKES). I look at it like this... if you don't believe in the pre-trib rapture, fine. I nor anyone can make you believe it. This goes for both sides. Either side isn't going to keep you out of heaven. But boy are they going to be surprised when they suddenly find themselves zapped off the planet in the blink of an eye!  :p :lol: ;)

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
I strongly believe in a pre-trib rapture. Just so this doesn't turn into a debate here (since there is one ongoing allready in another thread) I believe this as to me there seems to be stronger evidence pointing to it than against it. ...

So where is all your evidence? You will not find it in Scripture unless you add it?

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
So where is all your evidence? You will not find it in Scripture unless you add it?

All Evidence JerryJohnson (Such as this Rapture book I have on the floor next to me full of scriptures- Hilton Sutton

http://www.hilton-sutton.org/

can be countered by someone that is very scripture literate and has used scripture time again to disprove any rapture theory. Not only that, even if is made clear in some way by scripture there is a Rapture, people as yourself would not believe it, and discount anyone that has over 40 years of ministry, such as Hilton Sutton.

So, even after posting all the scriptures, someone as yourself would still ask the same question.

Where is all the evidence?

Jesus Is Lord.