Would the Real Elijah Please Come Forth!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stefen

Mar 3, 2013
Chennai, India
Malachi 4:5 prophesies that Elijah will come before the great and terrible day of Lord comes. When John the Baptist was conceived, it was said that he would go before the Lord in the spirit and power of Elijah (Luke 1:17). Hence, in a sense, John may be considered "Elijah, who is to come".

However, the prophecy of Mal. 4:5 will actually be fulfilled during the great tribulation, when the real Elijah, one of the two witnesses, will come to strengthen God's people (Rev. 11:3-12).

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It was Jesus who said that John was Elijah who was to come Matthew 11:14

Why would God send someone in the spirit of Elijah to prepare the way for the Lord, when he could have sent Elijah himself? You have no evidence to prove that God will not send another like John the Baptist in the spirit of Elijah in these last days. :)

Blessings and Shalom!

stefen

Mar 3, 2013
Chennai, India
:) my above post has all the answers.. i thought you would agree to that..!

There is no terrible day here of Jesus 1st coming. Hope you have read Malachi 4:5

Thanks,

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes I read it but it does not say that the OT Elijah comes back but that Elijah will be sent forth before the day of the Lord. That Elijah could be anyone including an EndTime Prophet today, who has been empowered with the spirit of Elijah? :huh:

BB

stefen

Mar 3, 2013
Chennai, India
That's what i am telling, There are more chances that Elijah with his own body will come at end times due to some universal rules and other scriptures which is supporting to that.

But there are chances for your belief also that Elijah's spirit may come.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
terry said:
Rex wrote: " In context of the OT, prophets had the Holy Spirit, something that is now available to all men, though I sometimes question it's presents in everyone today that makes the claim. It would seem that by self proclamation every tom dick and harry is born of the Spirit, much less those that claim the mantel of a prophet "

Many here must think I want to spend time here discussing myself... I DO NOT.

Is it your contention no prophet ever told another they were a prophet? Please stop. Does God's Word say prophets have never told anyone who or what they are? Sorry, that is not in God's Word. What is in God's Word is that even when Jesus told others - they did as you have done... figured that if you have to tell someone who you are, then you are a fake. This has been 2,000 years and still the same antiquated false wisdom prevails? You need to grow up and be somebody.

Remember I offered anyone with a proper test to step forward... you cannot step forward yet you taunt me? Not good. Ask God how to test me, until you get an answer - I suggest your taunts be directed at those fake "claimers" and be sure to leave me out of that mess. I agree - they need attention, guidence and deliverance for surely they are not one of the Two Witnesses.

Understand this... it has been said here that the Two Witnesses would not spend time here on the internet. yet I tell you this is the greatest highway of information one can find - so where else would I be? Sharing in the diverse perspectives of God's word within a Christian forum is better than confinement in a Church with only one path being taught. So where else should I be? To those that posted a like idea - you did not think this through.

To all those that wish to taunt me:
On the net and in Christian forums I can amass a great deal of knowl;edghe and different perspectives to ponder while I await my timme to commense. I can study it in Church via a Christain forum or on the net seeking world events without great expense and so my time is greater than if I attempted travel to learn these things.. so where else should I be? Surely your wisdom has failed you, accept it and lets move on. I have told who I am - one can accept it, deny it or just hold their tongue and be skeptible, I would much rather spend my time addressing other issues than trying to get those who can only deny for deny's sake to hold their tongue. EVERYONE HERE that has NO Proof or Evidence yet taunts me or denies me is displaying thier lack of wisdom and descernment. And your not smart enough even to understand this? Do you realize not holding ( when all you have is denial without proof or evidence ) your tongue, has demerits to it? ( Unless, I am a fake... and so continuing to taunt me is your mode of "self-protection" for your errors when it is proven you are wrong about me? )

Give these fake "claimers" enough rope and they will hang themselves, you don't even need to taunt them, just give them rope. And you should not taunt them, because sooner or later a real one will show up (me) and you will do as you have done with all the rest. ( 2,000 years later, and few have learned from others mistakes, until it becomes you own? )What you are doing with me is; putting a noose around your own neck and I do not like that. You are embarrassing other Christains. Back up, regroup, hold your tongue and let us move on.

You will not be able to get passed this wisdom, you will only be able to ignore it or go around it with more bad wisdom. So, I ask this, that you fully understand what it is I posted here before you post a responce to it. I will be able to give you rope.

Inoticed no one has put BONE in their headers. All that should have and have not are merely Self Righteous.
terry said:
Rex wrote: " In context of the OT, prophets had the Holy Spirit, something that is now available to all men, though I sometimes question it's presents in everyone today that makes the claim. It would seem that by self proclamation every tom dick and harry is born of the Spirit, much less those that claim the mantel of a prophet "

Many here must think I want to spend time here discussing myself... I DO NOT.

Is it your contention no prophet ever told another they were a prophet? Please stop. Does God's Word say prophets have never told anyone who or what they are? Sorry, that is not in God's Word. What is in God's Word is that even when Jesus told others - they did as you have done... figured that if you have to tell someone who you are, then you are a fake. This has been 2,000 years and still the same antiquated false wisdom prevails? You need to grow up and be somebody.

Remember I offered anyone with a proper test to step forward... you cannot step forward yet you taunt me? Not good. Ask God how to test me, until you get an answer - I suggest your taunts be directed at those fake "claimers" and be sure to leave me out of that mess. I agree - they need attention, guidence and deliverance for surely they are not one of the Two Witnesses.

Understand this... it has been said here that the Two Witnesses would not spend time here on the internet. yet I tell you this is the greatest highway of information one can find - so where else would I be? Sharing in the diverse perspectives of God's word within a Christian forum is better than confinement in a Church with only one path being taught. So where else should I be? To those that posted a like idea - you did not think this through.

To all those that wish to taunt me:
On the net and in Christian forums I can amass a great deal of knowl;edghe and different perspectives to ponder while I await my timme to commense. I can study it in Church via a Christain forum or on the net seeking world events without great expense and so my time is greater than if I attempted travel to learn these things.. so where else should I be? Surely your wisdom has failed you, accept it and lets move on. I have told who I am - one can accept it, deny it or just hold their tongue and be skeptible, I would much rather spend my time addressing other issues than trying to get those who can only deny for deny's sake to hold their tongue. EVERYONE HERE that has NO Proof or Evidence yet taunts me or denies me is displaying thier lack of wisdom and descernment. And your not smart enough even to understand this? Do you realize not holding ( when all you have is denial without proof or evidence ) your tongue, has demerits to it? ( Unless, I am a fake... and so continuing to taunt me is your mode of "self-protection" for your errors when it is proven you are wrong about me? )

Give these fake "claimers" enough rope and they will hang themselves, you don't even need to taunt them, just give them rope. And you should not taunt them, because sooner or later a real one will show up (me) and you will do as you have done with all the rest. ( 2,000 years later, and few have learned from others mistakes, until it becomes you own? )What you are doing with me is; putting a noose around your own neck and I do not like that. You are embarrassing other Christains. Back up, regroup, hold your tongue and let us move on.

You will not be able to get passed this wisdom, you will only be able to ignore it or go around it with more bad wisdom. So, I ask this, that you fully understand what it is I posted here before you post a responce to it. I will be able to give you rope.

Inoticed no one has put BONE in their headers. All that should have and have not are merely Self Righteous.
Are you a pentecostal or charismatic? If not, have you ever been one? :)

JB_Reformed Baptist said:
Are you a pentecostal or charismatic? If not, have you ever been one? :)

Brothertom

All for Jesus no matter the cost.
May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
Concerning the TWO or Elijah ...What does it matter what men think? Nada. If they are ...sovereignty will possess them, & prove them, & men's approval will be absolutely immaterial. ....I wrote what I experienced for Terry's sake....who gathers his calling from cloud watching...& I am claiming to be nobody...but....I knew a man once.....

Fear God, ] Jesus ]......& keep His commandments [ Love God & your brother ] FOR THIS IS THE WHOLE DUTY ON MAN!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well Brothertom, it seems to matter to those who claim to be in the spirit of Elijah and that is what this thread is about. You are no different to others who also write what they have experienced.

Be Blessed!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
There is another instance of the Spirit of Elijah that hasn't been looked at Angelina 1 Kings 19:16 2 Kings 2:9

It's full of interesting parallels,
8 Now Elijah took his mantle, rolled it up, and struck the water; and it was divided this way and that, so that the two of them crossed over on dry ground.
9 And so it was, when they had crossed over, that Elijah said to Elisha,“Ask! What may I do for you, before I am taken away from you?” Elisha said, “Please let a double portion of your spirit be upon me.”

Elijah removed his outer garment and struck the water, they crossed over, Elisha tore his garments in two and took the mantel of Elijah and crossed back.
Can you see anything terry? daq asked If you had died? If you will Elijah died, just as we sacrifice the flesh and die Romans 12:1 he took off his mantel and Elisha put it on, after they had crossed over the threshold into the presents of God. Have you stood on high terry? Have you accented the steps and stepped over the threshold? Have you crossed the Jordan following our Shepherd?

We see the same in John and Jesus taking place in the Jordan again. The transfer of the Mantel ---->>> John 3:30

Rex said:
Prophets know what good gifts are. There not distributed by God because
we honor the prophet, we honor, reverent and desire what's in the prophet.
John 15:7 ---->>>9 And so it was, when they had crossed over, that Elijah said to Elisha,“Ask! What may I do for you,
before I am taken away from you?” Elisha said, “Please let a double
portion of your spirit be upon me.”

Elisha was no longer a sheep following his shepherd, no longer a sheep of the masters hand but now he had become connected with the head which is Christ, Are you one that the Lord calls my brethren? have you stood on high? Matthew 25:40 read Matthew 25:31-40

Persist after you have received the anointing of the Spirit 1 Kings 19:16
2 Then Elijah said to Elisha, “Stay here, please, for the Lord has sent me on to Bethel.”
4 Then Elijah said to him, “Elisha, stay here, please, for the Lord has sent me on to Jericho.”
6 Then Elijah said to him, “Stay here, please, for the Lord has sent me on to the Jordan.”
But he said, “As the Lord lives, and as your soul lives, I will not leave you!”

Don't be like the picture above, if you truly be of God it is not you they have rejected but the Lord.
1 Samuel 8:7

Persist like Elisha in verses 2,4 & 6 Proverbs 9:8 Psalms 141:5 the path is narrow and few find it.
Were not speaking about salvation or being born of the Spirit I don't question your salvation nor your zeal Proverbs 19:2 were speaking about maturity as well.

14 Then he took the mantle of Elijah that had fallen from him, and struck the water, and said, “Where is the Lord God of Elijah?” And when he also had struck the water, it was divided this way and that; and Elisha crossed over.

Some here know what their looking for, just as Elisha knew

Looking at the man I'm not interested, I'm looking at whats inside, the outside my at times look strange anyway

Isaiah walked naked through the streets of Jerusalem for three years. Ezekiel
seemed to be playing war games like a little boy. He took a clay tablet and drew
on it the city of Jerusalem and made a siege against it. He lay on his side for
many days out in the open. He cut off his hair and divided it up. He threw some
of it into the wind and some he burned. He cut a hole in a wall and began to
drag furniture through. Jeremiah smashed a pot before his listeners and later
wore a wooden yoke around his neck. Day after day he stood at the entrance to
the temple and plagued the life out of people with his doomsday predictions.

Old Testament prophets can appear to be strange people at times.
http://www.sdanet.org/atissue/books/bradford/prophet-07.htm

I've never counted but I've been told that Elisha preformed twice as many miracles as Elijah
A double potion

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
It is surprising that seemingly no one paid any attention to the Scriptures with the comments I posted:

1 Kings 19:16 KJV
12. And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.
13. And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, there came a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah?
14. And he said, I have been very jealous for the Lord God of hosts: because the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.
15. And the Lord said unto him, Go, return on thy way to the wilderness of Damascus: and when thou comest, anoint Hazael to be king over Syria:
16. And Jehu the son of Nimshi shalt thou anoint to be king over Israel: and Elisha the son of Shaphat of Abelmeholah shalt thou anoint to be prophet in thy room.

This is a clear commandment to Elijah where he is commanded to anoint Jehu son of Nimshi to be king over Israel. If he does not perform this commandment then we should have been told why he did not do what he was commanded and, likewise, we should also have been informed of the consequences of his failure to fulfill the commandment, (especially if we are to believe he is a true prophet of Israel). It might be conceivable that Elisha would fulfill this commandment in the place or "room" of Elijah because he received his "mantle" yet when we find the place where Jehu is anointed it is not even Elisha who anoints him but rather it is another third person sent in the place of Elisha:

2 Kings 9:1-10 KJV
1. And Elisha the prophet called one of the children [ben-bney-sons] of the prophets, and said unto him, Gird up thy loins, and take this box of oil in thine hand, and go to Ramothgilead:
2. And when thou comest thither, look out there Jehu the son of Jehoshaphat the son of Nimshi, and go in, and make him arise up from among his brethren, and carry him to an inner chamber;
3. Then take the box of oil, and pour it on his head, and say, Thus saith the Lord, I have anointed thee king over Israel. Then open the door, and flee, and tarry not.
4. So the young man, even the young man the prophet, went to Ramothgilead.
5. And when he came, behold, the captains of the host were sitting; and he said, I have an errand to thee, O captain. And Jehu said, Unto which of all us? And he said, To thee, O captain.
6. And he arose, and went into the house; and he poured the oil on his head, and said unto him, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, I have anointed thee king over the people of the Lord, even over Israel.
7. And thou shalt smite the house of Ahab thy master, that I may avenge the blood of my servants the prophets, and the blood of all the servants of the Lord, at the hand of Jezebel.
8. For the whole house of Ahab shall perish: and I will cut off from Ahab him that pisseth against the wall, and him that is shut up and left in Israel:
9. And I will make the house of Ahab like the house of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, and like the house of Baasha the son of Ahijah:
10. And the dogs shall eat Jezebel in the portion of Jezreel, and there shall be none to bury her. And he opened the door, and fled.

For those of you who do not know, according to tradition, this "son of the prophets" is Yonah son of Amittai. The same Yonah of the book of Yonah the prophet. The Scripture cannot be broken and if indeed anyone claims to be a disciple of the Word then the same will abide by this rule in his understanding. Therefore either Elijah failed to carry out this commandment or Elijah did indeed carry out the commandment to anoint Jehu and he did so as the Spirit of the prophets resting upon Yonah at that latter time and passage. This line of prophets continues unto Yochanan the Immerser and then Yeshua names Simon Peter the son of Yonah, (Simon Bar-Yonah) continuing the holy seed line of the prophets and the priests. :)

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
daq said:
Enoch died in faith, not having received the promises, (Hebrews 11:13). Also it is appointed unto the anthropon once to die and with that the judgment-decision, (either the black stone of "the blackness of darkness forever" or the "white stone having a new name written therein"). As for Elijah, this is the Spirit of the prophets including Yonah the son of Amittai who anointed Jehu son of Nimshi in the place of Elijah. It was Elijah who was commanded to anoint Jehu son of Nimshi as king over Israel, (1 Kings 19:16) and he did so through Yonah the young man of the sons of the prophets, (2 Kings 9:1-10). And as for Moses, you neither know him nor of him; for the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the 'adamah, (Numbers 12:3).
That would be Reply#13 :)

Rex said:
Which post and scriptures are you talking about?

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
The people around John, back in the day, also didn't recognize that John was the incarnate of Elijah. My guess is that the same applies today.

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
guysmith said:
The people around John, back in the day, also didn't recognize that John was the incarnate of Elijah. My guess is that the same applies today.
Why did he confess he was not Elijah? Perhaps because he was John, (yet the Spirit of Elijah was upon him). :)

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Hebrews 11:5

By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found,
because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this
testimony, that he pleased God.

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
terry said:

To "see death" and to "taste death" are two different things in the Scripture:

Hebrews 11:13 KJV
13. These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

This statement clearly includes the same Enoch from the same list you quoted from. Physical death is generally not even recognized in the Scripture and this is especially true in the New Testament writings because the Master clearly states that the flesh profits nothing. Likewise those faithfully believing on and walking in Messiah shall never die. :)

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida

John or Elijah???
My personal understanding is that Elijah or other prophets could "lend" their spirit to others to strengthen them kind of like a cheering section can strengthen a football team, but more directly and more powerful. And so in this manner the spirit could have strengthened John, yet John felt as John not another person and he was John, not Elijah - yet because he was so strengthened by Elijah - John's desires were given additional fortitude from Elijah, so much so Elijah was considered within John, and rightfully so.

New International Version
(©2011)
By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did
not experience death: "He could not be found, because God had taken him away."
For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God.

Aramaic
Bible in Plain English (©2010)

By faith, Enoch was transported
away and he did not taste death, neither was he found, because God transported
him away; for before he was to transport him, there was this testimony
concerning him: “He pleased God.”

King James 2000 Bible
(©2003)

By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see
death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his
translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

New Living Translation
(©2007)
It was by faith that Enoch was taken up to heaven without
dying--"he disappeared, because God took him." For before he was taken up, he
was known as a person who pleased God.

Daq wrote: " his statement clearly includes the same Enoch from the same list you quoted from. Physical death is generally not even recognized in the Scripture and this is especially true in the New Testament writings because the Master clearly states that the flesh profits nothing. Likewise those faithfully believing on and walking in Messiah shall never die. :) "

Actually who does die? No one ! The reality is those confined to Hell, then the lake of Fire - tormented forever,.,,. are they not actually still ALIVE - forever?

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
terry said:

John or Elijah???
My personal understanding is that Elijah or other prophets could "lend" their spirit to others to strengthen them kind of like a cheering section can strengthen a football team, but more directly and more powerful. And so in this manner the spirit could have strengthened John, yet John felt as John not another person and he was John, not Elijah - yet because he was so strengthened by Elijah - John's desires were given additional fortitude from Elijah, so much so Elijah was considered within John, and rightfully so.

New International Version
(©2011)
By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did
not experience death: "He could not be found, because God had taken him away."
For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God.

Aramaic
Bible in Plain English (©2010)

By faith, Enoch was transported
away and he did not taste death, neither was he found, because God transported
him away; for before he was to transport him, there was this testimony
concerning him: “He pleased God.”

King James 2000 Bible
(©2003)

By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see
death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his
translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

New Living Translation
(©2007)
It was by faith that Enoch was taken up to heaven without
dying--"he disappeared, because God took him." For before he was taken up, he
was known as a person who pleased God.

Daq wrote: " his statement clearly includes the same Enoch from the same list you quoted from. Physical death is generally not even recognized in the Scripture and this is especially true in the New Testament writings because the Master clearly states that the flesh profits nothing. Likewise those faithfully believing on and walking in Messiah shall never die. :) "

Actually who does die? No one ! The reality is those confined to Hell, then the lake of Fire - tormented forever,.,,. are they not actually still ALIVE - forever?
The reason I quoted that part of the passage is because, as I said, the physical death is generally not "recognized" in the mindset of the New Testament writings for the reasons already stated. The focus of the Gospel of Messiah is HIS PHYSICAL DEATH in our place. He died that we may have LIFE. The physical death of Messiah was the penalty of ours that he took upon himself. However, this is one of the few passages where physical death appears to be recognized and intended. Therefore it is "red flag" and must have an important and very specific reason. Enoch is clearly stated to have died off, (apothnesko) so the only alternative is that he was translated-transformed, (born from above) just as Saul began to be transformed into Paul after he too was caught up. Enoch "was not" because he was "hidden" for a season but that does not mean he was "raptured" away to be gone forever from the earth and never to be seen again, (otherwise how did he record anything for posterity if he was never seen again? After all he is called a prophet in the Scripture and he is also called Enoch the SCRIBE). The Hebrews passage therefore reveals the fallacy of the modern rapture doctrine. There is indeed a "catching away" but it is not intended that the faithful be "gone forever from planet earth" while the poor "Jews" stay behind to finish out a supposed seven year period of the completion of the "Law dispensation". As for the Bible versions you have quoted here is the difference spoken of between "seeing" death and "tasting" of death:

Hebrews 11:5-13 KJV
5. By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see [GSN#1492 eido] death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
6. But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
7. By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
8. By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
9. By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
10. For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
11. Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
12. Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
13. These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Original Strong's Ref. #1492
Romanized eido
Pronounced i'-do
a primary verb; used only in certain past tenses, the others being borrowed from the equivalent GSN3700 and GSN3708; properly, to see (literally or figuratively); by implication (in the perf. only) to know:
KJV--be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider, (have) know(-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wish, wot. Compare GSN3700.

Matthew 16:27-28 KJV
27. For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
28. Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste [GSN#1089 geuomai] of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Original Strong's Ref. #1089
Romanized geuomai
Pronounced ghyoo'-om-ahee
a primary verb; to taste; by implication, to eat; figuratively, to experience (good or ill):
KJV--eat, taste.

Mark 9:1 KJV
1. And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste [GSN#1089 geuomai] of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

Luke 9:27 KJV
27. But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste [GSN#1089 geuomai] of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

Understand? Some would not taste of death till they had seen the Kingdom of God. This does not mean they will never taste of death but that they would first see the kingdom of God. And when you see the kingdom of God you will indeed have tasted of death, ("and then shall the sanctuary be cleansed"). Now watch what happens in the following passage:

John 8:51-53 KJV
51. Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see [GSN#2334 theoreo] death.
52. Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste [GSN#1089 geuomai] of death.
53. Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?

Original Strong's Ref. #2334
Romanized theoreo
Pronounced theh-o-reh'-o
from a derivative of GSN2300 (perhaps by add. of GSN3708); to be a spectator of, i.e. discern, (literally, figuratively [experience] or intensively [acknowledge]):
KJV--behold, consider, look on, perceive, see. Compare GSN3700.

Understand? The statement flew right over their heads because they were not giving heed to his precise wording. He states that if any man or anyone will keep his saying(s) the same will not behold, consider, perceive, or see death. This not only means that the disciple of the Word will never die, (stated elsewhere in John) but that anyone who is truly a disciple of Yeshua will not even acknowledge physical death in the saints because of his own statements here and elsewhere in the Gospel accounts, (for the flesh verily profits nothing including and especially when it comes to our understanding of holy writ). Therefore if one perceives physical death in the writings of the New Testament Scriptures then the same is most likely misinterpreting what he or she reads due to walking according to the eyes, mind, and belly of the flesh. The same is therefore no different than the "Jews" in the passage above who misheard what Yeshua stated and falsely accused him of saying something that he did not even say; for he did not say "taste" but rather "see" and there is surely a difference. God is therefore not the God of the dead but of the living; yet the same ones above state that Abraham is dead. Who is therefore dead? :)

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Some said "see" some said "taste" For the most part I agree with your train of thought, but that does not mean Enoch was placed in error as who some thought would be one of the Two Witnesses. Does it matter who the Two Witnesses are not or who they are?

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
terry said:
Some said "see" some said "taste" For the most part I agree with your train of thought, but that does not mean Enoch was placed in error as who some thought would be one of the Two Witnesses. Does it matter who the Two Witnesses are not or who they are?
Perhaps you should have listened when I quoted you the Scripture and said that your conscience bears witness either for or against you, whether for the good or for the bad, your thoughts meanwhile either accusing or excusing you before the throne. You have a "right tree" and a "left tree" not unlike the analogy of the Tree of the Knowledge of good and evil or Tree of Life, (mind and eyes of the flesh or mind and eyes of the Spirit). Therefore if your right tree offends you cut him down, if your right eye is become a nomad-wanderer pluck him out and cast him from you, if your right hand offends you cut him off and cast him from you: for the Most High has said that he will raise up a shepherd in the land, (and the man is the land) which shall not visit those that be cut off, neither shall seek the young one, nor heal that that is broken, nor feed that that standeth still: but he shall eat the flesh of the fat, and tear their claws in pieces. "Woe to the idol shepherd that abandons the flock: the sword shall be upon his arm, and upon his right eye: his arm shall be clean dried up, and his right eye shall be utterly darkened!"

gan-eden.gif

And all his rivers, streams, and waterways shall be turned into blood in the Great Day when the towers fall ... ;)