WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN A NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saved? Past tense? Faith alone? Not biblical

matt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Matthew 10:22
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Mark 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

1. Romans 11:22 – God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness

2. Colossians 1:21-23 – holy and blameless, if you continue in the faith"

3. The race of faith: the example of Paul

4. Hebrews 12:22-25: "we shall not escape if we turn away from Him"

5. Hebrews 4:1-3, 9-12: "strive to enter the rest of God"

6.Hebrews 6:4-9 – those who became partakers of the holy spirit and fell away

7. Hebrews 10:23-29, 35-39: "if we sin willfully", "if anyone draws back".

8. Matthew 24:13: He that endures to the end, the same shall be saved

9. Hebrews 3:4-6: Holding fast our confidence firm until the end

10. Matthew 24:13: "But the one who endures to the end will be saved"

11. 1 John 2:24-25 – "if what you heard from the beginning abides in you"

12. 2 John 8-9 : to "everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ

13. 2 Peter 1:5-11 : "Make every effort to supplement your faith"

14. Philippians 2:12-16: "work out your salvation with fear and trembling"

15. 1 Timothy 6:10-16: the love of money

16. Galatians 5:2-4 "Severed from Christ"

17. 2 Timothy 2:11-13: "if we deny him, he will also deny us"

18. James 5:19-20: the wandered brother

19. Some will abandon the faith

20. 1 Timothy 5:8: "he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever"

22. The real family of Jesus: "Those who hear the Word of God and do it"

23. 1 Corinthians 5:5: "so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord"

24. Peter 2: "It would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness"

25. Jude: "Turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness" - a much relevant warning

26. 1 Cor. 9:27 ....Lest I myself might become a castaway

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

So salvation by “faith alone” is completely false and impossible!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever you say my friend, it will not convince me that my relationship with Jesus or my baptism at age 42 is not real. I stand firmly on the REAL ROCK. Not a man but God incarnate.

I am a wise woman who has built her house on THE ROCK.

1 Corinthians 3:11
For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:20
built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.

Psalm 18:2
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalm 18:31
For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God?

Psalm 19:14
May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

try eph 4:5 you can only be baptized once
Immersion is acceptable
But we are sealed in baptism with indelible character on you’re soul

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how can he be high priest then
High over who?

In the mosaic covenant the levitical priesthood clearly had low priests and a single high priest!

now we are told in Hebrews that Christ is high priest! There must be low priests of the same order
He is the high priest over the believer that obeyed Acts 2:38.

He was sacrificed so they could obtain remission of sins.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
try eph 4:5 you can only be baptized once
Immersion is acceptable
But we are sealed in baptism with indelible character on you’re soul
I was only baptised once - when I was 42.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you for sharing, but in context of Acts 22:1-16, Paul was sharing what had happened to him when he had eventually become a believer. The Lord had appeared to him on the road to Damascus.

Acts 22:6 And it came to pass, that, as I made my journey, and was come nigh unto Damascus about noon, suddenly there shone from heaven a great light round about me. 7 And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 8 And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest. 9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me. 10 And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do.

Noticed how the Lord did not say "Believe in Me.." or anything along the line of the gospel, but said go to Damascus and it will be told for him to do.
Did Jesus appear the second time in Damascus and told Paul all things which are appointed for thee to do??

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus appear the second time in Damascus and told Paul all things which are appointed for thee to do??

No. Acts 22:1-16 is Paul telling listeners what had happened on the road to Damascus as that persecutor of Christians as his former self as Saul.

The Book of Acts was written by Luke and Luke is giving an account where Paul was explaining to his listeners what had happened on the road to Damascus which instructions were given to him in calling on the name of the Lord, led to him believing in Jesus Christ to be saved.

Thank you for the question to clarify my response.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever you say my friend, it will not convince me that my relationship with Jesus or my baptism at age 42 is not real. I stand firmly on the REAL ROCK. Not a man but God incarnate.

I am a wise woman who has built her house on THE ROCK.

1 Corinthians 3:11
For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:20
built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.

Psalm 18:2
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalm 18:31
For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God?

Psalm 19:14
May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Yes!!! Another favorite of mine.
1Cor 10:4 "And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ."

And you quoting the verse that say Christ is the chief cornerstone proves that what Jesus was saying to Peter ("Upon this rock...") was about Himself, not Peter.

Reactions: Pearl

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saved? Past tense? Faith alone? Not biblical

matt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Matthew 10:22
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Mark 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

1. Romans 11:22 – God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness

2. Colossians 1:21-23 – holy and blameless, if you continue in the faith"

3. The race of faith: the example of Paul

4. Hebrews 12:22-25: "we shall not escape if we turn away from Him"

5. Hebrews 4:1-3, 9-12: "strive to enter the rest of God"

6.Hebrews 6:4-9 – those who became partakers of the holy spirit and fell away

7. Hebrews 10:23-29, 35-39: "if we sin willfully", "if anyone draws back".

8. Matthew 24:13: He that endures to the end, the same shall be saved

9. Hebrews 3:4-6: Holding fast our confidence firm until the end

10. Matthew 24:13: "But the one who endures to the end will be saved"

11. 1 John 2:24-25 – "if what you heard from the beginning abides in you"

12. 2 John 8-9 : to "everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ

13. 2 Peter 1:5-11 : "Make every effort to supplement your faith"

14. Philippians 2:12-16: "work out your salvation with fear and trembling"

15. 1 Timothy 6:10-16: the love of money

16. Galatians 5:2-4 "Severed from Christ"

17. 2 Timothy 2:11-13: "if we deny him, he will also deny us"

18. James 5:19-20: the wandered brother

19. Some will abandon the faith

20. 1 Timothy 5:8: "he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever"

22. The real family of Jesus: "Those who hear the Word of God and do it"

23. 1 Corinthians 5:5: "so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord"

24. Peter 2: "It would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness"

25. Jude: "Turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness" - a much relevant warning

26. 1 Cor. 9:27 ....Lest I myself might become a castaway

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

So salvation by “faith alone” is completely false and impossible!

That was stupendous…especially your last sentence. After all the verses about enduring in trust to the end, to then come to the conclusion that trust is not enough…stupendous…
From start to finish, it all comes to us by trust and nothing good comes to us EXCEPT through trust.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes!!! Another favorite of mine.
1Cor 10:4 "And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ."

And you quoting the verse that say Christ is the chief cornerstone proves that what Jesus was saying to Peter ("Upon this rock...") was about Himself, not Peter.
Hallelujah!!

Reactions: Cassandra

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was stupendous…especially your last sentence. After all the verses about enduring in trust to the end, to then come to the conclusion that trust is not enough…stupendous…
From start to finish, it all comes to us by trust and nothing good comes to us EXCEPT through trust.

trust yes
Faith hope and charity yes
Faith alone never!

trust involves hope

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Open your heart and ears to Jesus @theefaith rather than infallible men and then you too will know the truth. At least for Jesus' sake you should give it a try but I don't think you dare.

did Christ found a church on Peter and the apostles and their successors to rule and teach all nations without error that which is required for salvation????

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
did Christ found a church on Peter and the apostles and their successors to rule and teach all nations without error that which is required for salvation????
No - the Church's one foundation is Jesus Christ, her Lord. He is the only Rock on which to build, anything else is built on sand.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful