WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN A NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
yes the royal priesthood

but Christ is not high priest in the royal priesthood but according to the order of Melchizedek
So there must be low priests of the same order

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Gen. 14:18 – this is the first time that the word “priest” is used in Old Testament. Melchizedek is both a priest and a king and he offers a bread and wine sacrifice to God.

Psalm 76:2 – Melchizedek is the king of Salem. Salem is the future Jeru-salem where Jesus, the eternal priest and king, established his new Kingdom and the Eucharistic sacrifice which He offered under the appearance of bread and wine.

read more here

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You would? This is what it involves.

NUMBER ONE. Acts 2. men and brethren what shall we do. Repent and be baptized for the forgiveness of sin and you shall receive the holy spirit.

In other words, there is an entrance fee. It starts with repentance to deal with sin in your life. If you are an unbeliever, you will have sin so starting with repentance is essential as it means that is dealt with. Once you have repented, you can then have it washed away through baptism. That is total immersion in water.

Those two things open the door to the Holy Spirit of God to come into your life and take over. He will give you the power to live a sanctified and separated life.

There is an opposition in scripture for how you are applying Acts 2 to mean.

Acs 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. 44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, 47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Since there is only one gospel and it has to be the same to the Jews as it is to the Gentiles, are we misreading Acts 2?

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. 37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

These Jews had participated in the crucifixion of Jesus Christ because of unbelief. It was then they were pricked in their hearts & had asked Peter what they were to do. So in aligning with the same gospel to the Gentiles as being the same to the Jews preached by that same Peter, repenting from unbelief by believing in Him is how they had received the remission of sins too.

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. 40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

The interjection of water baptism in Acts 2:38 obscured how it was by repenting from unbelief by believing in Him was how the Jews had actually received the remission of sins too. Otherwise, the Gentiles was told differently by that same Peter on how to receive the remission of sins and it was by believing in Jesus Christ, and sure enough, they got the promise of the Holy Spirit and yet it was before water baptism.

So water baptism cannot have anything to do with the remission of sins but believing in Jesus Christ did, since there is only one gospel.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NUMBER TWO. You have repented, been baptized and received the Holy Spirit, what comes next. You have become part of God's ecclesia, God's family, so you start meeting together and living like a family. You don't leave your existing family. What you do is meet from house to house each day with others who are part of God's ecclesia and take part in four things.

Meet house to house? I would think God's family is met by the assembly, but I can see that as happening when a new church is being established in a city in the N.T. before such a time, a public place can be established where all believers can go to in that city.

The first is teaching. We want you to know just how you live as a new believer so we will teach you how that is done. Those that have been with Jesus will teach you.

Are you presenting this as if being presented by the N.T. churches back then? I cannot see this as being applied today since no one has been with Jesus on earth now like His disciples were back then.

But even then, what the scripture says about needing man to teach us?

1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth...... 26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Yet we are exhorted to attend the body of Christ for growing in the word & for fellowship & worship.

I believe when aligning all of scripture together on this discipleship is, each of us believers, are to prove everything with the help of Jesus Christ since He is our Good Shepherd & Friend to help us abide in His words to follow Him, regardless of what any church or Christian forums teaches.

The second is fellowship. That is an important part of your growth as you can bounce things off each other and let everyone know how you are going on a day to day basis. You will learn a lot by doing this. And it helps to get to know each other in a more intimate way.

Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Of course, it is on Jesus Christ as it is the Lord that actually ministers.

1 Corinthians 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

The third is eating together. Have a meal when you meet together. Everyone brings something to contribute to a meal. Having a meal is good because it opens the door to conversation.

I do not know why, but I had always thought that had to deal with communion back then. And that bread was not a tiny little morsel but mayhap a loaf being passed around where believers would tear off a piece. Not sure how the wine was done. That is why Paul had to rebuke a church for how some were filling themselves with the bread & wine as if for a meal and yet leaving none for others that come later to church, when they are to eat at home. 1 Corinthians 11:20-34 reference kind of led me to believe there were no other food to eat, but what was provided for communion.

The fourth thing is to pray together. Help one another by bearing one another's burdens in prayer. You will all have different things to deal with on a day to day basis so prayer is one way you can help each other overcome the issues you are confronted with.

James 5:13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms. 14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Sometimes though, a believer only has Jesus to pray to at that throne of grace ( Hebrews 4:12-16 ) and since He is within us ( 2 Corinthians 13:5 ) and is with us always ( Matthew 28:20 ), The Father already know before we ask anything in prayer, thanks to Jesus Christ, Who also answers our prayers.

Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
yes the royal priesthood

but Christ is not high priest in the royal priesthood but according to the order of Melchizedek

Peter himself said,

As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him— you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2:4-5

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 1 Peter 2:9

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is an opposition in scripture for how you are applying Acts 2 to mean.

Acs 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. 44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, 47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Since there is only one gospel and it has to be the same to the Jews as it is to the Gentiles, are we misreading Acts 2?

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. 37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

These Jews had participated in the crucifixion of Jesus Christ because of unbelief. It was then they were pricked in their hearts & had asked Peter what they were to do. So in aligning with the same gospel to the Gentiles as being the same to the Jews preached by that same Peter, repenting from unbelief by believing in Him is how they had received the remission of sins too.

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. 40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

The interjection of water baptism in Acts 2:38 obscured how it was by repenting from unbelief by believing in Him was how the Jews had actually received the remission of sins too. Otherwise, the Gentiles was told differently by that same Peter on how to receive the remission of sins and it was by believing in Jesus Christ, and sure enough, they got the promise of the Holy Spirit and yet it was before water baptism.

So water baptism cannot have anything to do with the remission of sins but believing in Jesus Christ did, since there is only one gospel.

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes the royal priesthood

No, he stands alone.

Reactions: Pearl

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter himself said,

As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him— you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2:4-5

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 1 Peter 2:9

that’s correct for the royal priesthood

I’m am talking about the priesthood of Christ, high priest according to the order of Melchizedek

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

For many months I argued with my Pentecostal friends that I didn't need full immersion as I had been baptised as a baby in the Anglican tradition.

And that is the very verse that removed that notion from me and caused me to leave the Anglican church and join a new testament church so I could obey God.

And those friends were the ones who held the towel for me as I came up out of the baptismal pool.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
that’s correct for the royal priesthood

I’m am talking about the priesthood of Christ, high priest according to the order of Melchizedek
All this 'chatting' will not reveal the truth to you @theefaith. I know you think you already know but don't you ever wonder why you are so out of step with the rest of us. Is it us who are wrong or is it Catholics? Please search your soul and have the courage to bring this before God. I have asked people to do this before but they all say it is unfaithful to God to cast doubt on what they already believe. But God is big enough to want to help us so by asking you will lose nothing but may gain freedom.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, he stands alone.

how can he be high priest then
High over who?

In the mosaic covenant the levitical priesthood clearly had low priests and a single high priest!

now we are told in Hebrews that Christ is high priest! There must be low priests of the same order

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For many months I argued with my Pentecostal friends that I didn't need full immersion as I had been baptised as a baby in the Anglican tradition.

And that is the very verse that removed that notion from me and caused me to leave the Anglican church and join a new testament church so I could obey God.

And those friends were the ones who held the towel for me as I came up out of the baptismal pool.

where does scripture say immersion is required?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All this 'chatting' will not reveal the truth to you @theefaith. I know you think you already know but don't you ever wonder why you are so out of step with the rest of us. Is it us who are wrong or is it Catholics? Please search your soul and have the courage to bring this before God. I have asked people to do this before but they all say it is unfaithful to God to cast doubt on what they already believe. But God is big enough to want to help us so by asking you will lose nothing but may gain freedom.

truth must be revealed by Christ and taught by his apostles in holy church Matt 28:19-20

we Christians all have believed the same faith for 2000 yrs and for 1500 yrs before you’re errors were known

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
truth must be revealed by Christ and taught by his apostles in holy church Matt 28:19-20

we Christians all have believed the same faith for 2000 yrs and for 1500 yrs before you’re errors were known
Okay - I can see I will not convince you to even consider that there's a slight possibility that you may be misled, but I pray that the Holy Spirit himself will.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you for sharing, but in context of Acts 22:1-16, Paul was sharing what had happened to him when he had eventually become a believer. The Lord had appeared to him on the road to Damascus.

Acts 22:6 And it came to pass, that, as I made my journey, and was come nigh unto Damascus about noon, suddenly there shone from heaven a great light round about me. 7 And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 8 And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest. 9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me. 10 And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do.

Noticed how the Lord did not say "Believe in Me.." or anything along the line of the gospel, but said go to Damascus and it will be told for him to do.

So when you quote that verse.... it goes to believing in the Lord by what? Calling on the name of the Lord to be saved for the washing away of His sins.

16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

When you align that verse for how the remission of sins or the washing away happens with the rest of scripture, then the only conclusion is believing in Jesus Christ is how one receives the remission of sins or the washing away of them with the automatic baptism with the Holy Ghost.

Titus 3: 4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Now if the washing of regeneration was done by getting ourselves water baptized, then it would not align with this scripture above for then, would it not be deem that getting water baptized is a work of righteousness which believers have done, if that was true? But it is not written so in scripture.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whether or not full immersion is mentioned in the bible baptism certainly is and Jesus was baptised.
That does not make it a requirement only a preference
The church that has authority from Christ teaches

Christian ritual of baptism:
Immersion, sprinkling, pour pure water over the forehead three time with the words, I baptize thee in the name of the father, and of the son, and of the Holy Spirit! Ez 36:25-27 Mk 16:16 Matt 28:19 Acts 2:38-39 Acts 8:36-38 Acts 22:16
1 Pet 3:21

Proper intention: to make a new creature in Christ, to put on Christ, initiation into the new covenant of grace
Matter: pure water
Form: the words

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That does not make it a requirement only a preference
The church that has authority from Christ teaches

Christian ritual of baptism:
Immersion, sprinkling, pour pure water over the forehead three time with the words, I baptize thee in the name of the father, and of the son, and of the Holy Spirit! Ez 36:25-27 Mk 16:16 Matt 28:19 Acts 2:38-39 Acts 8:36-38 Acts 22:16
1 Pet 3:21

Proper intention: to make a new creature in Christ, to put on Christ, initiation into the new covenant of grace
Matter: pure water
Form: the words
Whatever you say my friend, it will not convince me that my relationship with Jesus or my baptism at age 42 is not real. I stand firmly on the REAL ROCK. Not a man but God incarnate.

I am a wise woman who has built her house on THE ROCK.

1 Corinthians 3:11
For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:20
built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.

Psalm 18:2
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalm 18:31
For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God?

Psalm 19:14
May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing, but in context of Acts 22:1-16, Paul was sharing what had happened to him when he had eventually become a believer. The Lord had appeared to him on the road to Damascus.

Acts 22:6 And it came to pass, that, as I made my journey, and was come nigh unto Damascus about noon, suddenly there shone from heaven a great light round about me. 7 And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 8 And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest. 9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me. 10 And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do.

Noticed how the Lord did not say "Believe in Me.." or anything along the line of the gospel, but said go to Damascus and it will be told for him to do.

So when you quote that verse.... it goes to believing in the Lord by what? Calling on the name of the Lord to be saved for the washing away of His sins.

16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

When you align that verse for how the remission of sins or the washing away happens with the rest of scripture, then the only conclusion is believing in Jesus Christ is how one receives the remission of sins or the washing away of them with the automatic baptism with the Holy Ghost.

Titus 3: 4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Now if the washing of regeneration was done by getting ourselves water baptized, then it would not align with this scripture above for then, would it not be deem that getting water baptized is a work of righteousness which believers have done, if that was true? But it is not written so in scripture.

Ez 36:25-27
Mk 16:16
Acts 2:38-39
Acts 8:36-38
All refer to faith and baptism

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by baptism!

See below

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sacraments instituted by Christ for the salvation of souls!

It’s not a do it yourself religion!
It’s not a bible study!

It’s a covenant!

Not by “faith alone”
“Faith alone” not biblical
You may think “Accept Jesus Christ as you personal Lord and savior” is biblical but there is no such verse in your bible!

Faith and the sacraments in the church founded by the authority Christ on Peter and the apostles is biblical!

Faith and baptism is the biblical initiation into the new covenant and member is Christ and His holy church!
Ez 36:25-27 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

You cannot enter a covenant by “faith alone” must be a ritual outward sign!
Faith and baptism! Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

Merits of christ’s passion, death, and precious blood are applied in the sacraments! Jn 1:16

Colossians 1:20
And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Matt 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Lk 1: 72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 1:18 & Jn 10:16 one fold

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Christ and His church are one: acts 9 why persecute me?

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Sacraments are the fruit of the sacrifice!
The holy sacrifice of Christ, His passion, blood, and death producing unlimited fruits of divine grace, actual and sanctifying grace! Jn 1:29 Jn 1:16-17 Jn 10:10

“This promise” (sacred oath of God or sacrament) of the Father acts 2:38-39 with reference to ez 36:25-27 Also a mystery Mk 4:11 Eph 5:32 eph 6:19 1 Tim 3:9 3:16 Col 1:27 2:2 4:3

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Heb 7:21 For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec
(Oath = sacrament)

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. Based on Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

A promise is a sacred oath or sacrament!
Baptismal regeneration is the promise of the Father for union in the new covenant!

The church and the seven sacraments are necessary for salvation

Better covenant on better promises

2 Timothy 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Life of supernatural grace merited by Christ in His passion and death!

An oath to sacramental life in the new covenant in union with the mediator and communion with God, and the saints!

Promise of the Father acts 2:23-39
Promise is an oath and an oath is a sacrament! This promise of the sacrament of baptism refers to ez. 36:25-27

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by baptism!

Jn 1:5-5 abide in Him, apart from Him you can do nothing.

Jn 10:10 life, (grace more abundantly)
Jn 1: 16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

Jn 1:16-17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
(Thru faith and the sacraments!)