Write My Laws on Your Hearts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy
It is interesting that he says God teaches him, and I feel the same, so it is no wonder we agree if we have the same teacher! Good night.

Reactions: Nancy

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The question of this thread is asking if there is anywhere the Bible tells us God writes His Law in the hearts of gentile Christians when they become reborn. I can't find a place, so to me, your first question is moot.

But if there is a place, I expect that it would be specific. It is where it talks about God writing His Law in the hearts of people of Israel.

Am I an part of God's new covenant with Israel? Also an interesting question. Something I always think about regarding the New Covenant with Israel is the part about God returning them to their homeland never again to be cast out, each tribe with it's inheritance. That's a very "Jewish" thing.

In Christ is neither Jew nor gentile.

Are you expecting for yourself to be given a land inheritance in Israel in the Kingdom age?

Ezekiel 37
23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwelling places, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

God's judgments and statutes, what are those, if not the requirements of the Law?

Much love!
There is a difference between Spirit filled believers and preChrist communion.

Paul says without the Spirit we cannot be in the Kingdom. Hidden in the gospels is to know Jesus only comes from the Father.

The centre of it all is the cross and love transcending every aspect of life and experience. Knowing God's will and heart in our hearts changes everything. It is like climbing a cliff face and someone claiming you can let go, nothing matters.

Esau gave away his birth right for food. Our value system matters and how we care for others. God bless you

Reactions: Nancy

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
There is a difference between Spirit filled believers and preChrist communion.

Paul says without the Spirit we cannot be in the Kingdom. Hidden in the gospels is to know Jesus only comes from the Father.

The centre of it all is the cross and love transcending every aspect of life and experience. Knowing God's will and heart in our hearts changes everything. It is like climbing a cliff face and someone claiming you can let go, nothing matters.

Esau gave away his birth right for food. Our value system matters and how we care for others. God bless you
Spirit filled believers actually was the prophets of the OC, because bible said that Holy Spirit was also poured in the OC (Acts 7:51-53), so Jesus came to earth only as a seal and healer to protect our body from the works of demons because Jesus fulfilled the Covenant as a bread of life that came from Heaven (John 6:52-58).
But the world seems cannot accept what Jesus had done to mankind, that's why fallen angels was mad to Jesus and crucified him. Because since the fall of Solomon, no body had been up to heaven (Acts 2:29-35; John 3:13; 1 Timothy 6:16), and Jesus came as the only way to deliver mankind out of Babylonian exile.
In OC, the prophets that brought up to heaven was Enoch (Genesis 5:22-24), Moses (Exodus 33:11-23), and Elijah (2 Kings 2:1-3), this is why Jesus had shown with the two of them (Matthew 17:1-13).

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does it say in Scritpure that God would write His laws on the hearts of the gentiles when they trust in Jesus?

I can't find a place.

Can you?

Much love!

I do not find your words in Scripture.

It is a Study...of "Who" was Offered "First", according to the Law...and "Who" was Offered "Secondly", according to God/ through Christ.

ISRAEL offered First...
Jer 31:33

EVERY man OFFERED Secondly...
Heb 10:9
Heb 10:10
Heb 10:16

Receiving Gods Word written in a man's heart, IS a Blessing from God...
"OFFERED" "All" men, by The Son of Man/ Jesus.

Some men "GIVEN" (that blessing) THROUGH the "Power" of God; "Christ".
Some men "NOT" given (that blessing).

PRAY For our Nation,
Taken

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does it say in Scritpure that God would write His laws on the hearts of the gentiles when they trust in Jesus?

I can't find a place.

Can you?

Much love!

You only need to read more of the Hebrews 8 Chapter instead of just pulling out pieces of one verse.

Heb 8:6-10
6 But now hath He obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also He is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

The above is of course about our Lord Jesus as Mediator of The New Covenant, which is what that "better covenant" is. Verse 7 also makes note that the subject is The New Covenant, a second one that has replaced the first.

8 For finding fault with them, He saith, 'Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in My covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put My laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to Me a people:'
KJV

Thus that "new covenant" is... The New Covenant Jesus Christ, a "better covenant". And that New Covenant applies to ALL BELIEVERS on Christ Jesus, regardless of nationality. It is about Christ's Church.

Thus it is impossible to isolate that to be solely for the children of Israel, which is what men's doctrines like Hyper-Dispensationalism tries to do.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a question I've been considering also.

The work of the law has to be different from the law itself, right? I've looked at the Greek, it's fairly basic, that's a good translation.

"Work" is from Ergon, a noun.

Much love!
Paul, in his epistle to the Galatians, argues that the Law acts as a tutor/guardian. To a large degree, the "work" of the Jewish Law was to prepare the hearts and minds of the Jewish people for the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the gospel message. Perhaps Paul is saying something like this. In a way, Gentile law also works to prepare the hearts and minds of the Gentiles for the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.

The law teaches us to think it terms of right and wrong, standing above the individual to obligate mutual respect and deference to others. Perhaps humanity needed to learn this prior to the coming of Jesus Christ?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What was said to the Jews, the Gentiles inherited as they are grafted into Israel. The laws written on our hearts were the eternal laws of God: Love God with all your heart, mind and body, and your love neighbor as yourself. It is a mistake to believe they were the Ten Commandments. How can you write the Sabbath day into your nature? Do you just know when the Sabbath begins and ends? Or must that be a learned behavior not written on our heart, and merely a "work" of the law of Moses. Besides, in the 10C you couldn't murder or commit adultery, but nothing was done about inner hatred or lust. But the eternal laws of God take care of them by His Spirit. (If one HAS His Spirit.)
We are not grafted into Israel, but into God.

Reactions: charity and marks

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You only need to read more of the Hebrews 8 Chapter instead of just pulling out pieces of one verse.

Heb 8:6-10
6 But now hath He obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also He is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

The above is of course about our Lord Jesus as Mediator of The New Covenant, which is what that "better covenant" is. Verse 7 also makes note that the subject is The New Covenant, a second one that has replaced the first.

8 For finding fault with them, He saith, 'Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in My covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put My laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to Me a people:'
KJV

Thus that "new covenant" is... The New Covenant Jesus Christ, a "better covenant". And that New Covenant applies to ALL BELIEVERS on Christ Jesus, regardless of nationality. It is about Christ's Church.

Thus it is impossible to isolate that to be solely for the children of Israel, which is what men's doctrines like Hyper-Dispensationalism tries to do.
The new covenant is the millennial covenant promise to Abraham toward his descendants, which we are adopted into it via a partial, pre-millennial experience per Hebrews 10:15-17.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new covenant is the millennial covenant promise to Abraham toward his descendants, which we are adopted into it via a partial, pre-millennial experience per Hebrews 10:15-17.

What laws of God are written on the heart?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, but they are written somewhere. Do you know where?
Here is how I think it works. I pray in the Spirit, It is in my being instructing me to go through the day without sinning and doing It's good works.

Reactions: marks

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something I see when I read these passages about God writing His law on Israel's hearts, is that they will all of them keep every law and statute. The Entire Law.

This is something I've been thinking about for some time now. I hear people talk about God writing His Law on gentiles hearts when they become Christians, but all I can find in the Bible is that God does this for Israel when He returns.

In the fruit of the Spirit, yes, this is fully separated from 'law', it seems to me.

These are interesting questions, what makes a Law, and is it enforced?

For 'law', I'd say this mean God's decrees, the laws and statutes of the Mosaic covenant. One might also be able to make a case for saying, "the Law and the Prophets".

Enforcement was according to the Law as well, from restitution to capital punishment, on an individual level. But there was also enforcement on a national level, that if the nation kept the law, they would receive the blessings, and if it didn't they would receive the curses.

It's interesting to me that during the millennium, it seems that Israel will receive all the blessings of their covenant.

The way I see it is that,

Isaiah 59
20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the Lord.
21 As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.

When Jesus returns, all of Israel is reborn, and for them, this means that God not only gives them rebirth, He also writes His Law on their hearts, and they begin to perfectly keep all of the Law. And in keeping the entire Law, they receive all the blessing.

Much love![/QUOTE

Hi Marks,
What do you make of the following scriptures?

6" And He has qualified us as ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
7 But if the ministry of death, in letters engraved on stones, came with glory, so that the sons of Israel could not look intently at the face of Moses because of the glory of his face, fading as it was,"
2 Corinthians 3:6-7

Romans 2:14-16 ESV
"For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus."

3 It is clear that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts."
2 Corinthians 3:3

Now, I don't know of any other of the 613 Jewish laws engraved on stone except for the big 10, and they pretty much cover all sin. Maybe we could say the writing on the lining of the Gentiles heart is the Law of Christ, which is only two but, all the rest hang on them so...fulfill the 2 and, we won't ever break the rest...'His burdens are light'.
Not that I know what I'm talking about very well here but, it's what I can find...just to contribute here :)

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why can't there be any Jew in Christ??? Can there be a Gentile in Christ?

Galatians 3
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

If there is neither Jew nor Greek in Christ, why do we say that gentiles become "spiritual Jews"?

Gentiles being born from above are not being turned into Israel living according to Law.

Much love!

Reactions: charity