Write My Laws on Your Hearts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the same New Covenant that you are in.
I'm neither the house of Israel, nor the house of Judah, nor is this the end of age, so how is this so? I'm not being carried off to the promised land, and I have no inner inclination to stop eating shrimp. How is this so?

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm neither the house of Israel, nor the house of Judah, nor is this the end of age, so how is this so? I'm not being carried off to the promised land, and I have no inner inclination to stop eating shrimp. How is this so?

Much love!

Are you in the New Covenant? 1 Corinthians 11:25. Do you partake of the Lord's Supper, or is that only for the House of Israel or Judah?

Acts of the Apostles 10:
Then Peter answered, 47 “Can anyone forbid water, that these should not be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?” 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, like the Gentiles of Romans 2. Those Gentile's nature is righteous, not carnal, so they have already accepted Christ and obey the laws written on their hearts.

11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

When the gentiles do what is right, and proclaim, This is right, they demonstrate the knowledge of right and wrong, authenticating the accuracy of God's judgement when . . .

as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

Having your conscience tell you that you don't sin is not the same thing as not sinning. In saying that you judge some things right, and some things wrong, this makes no statement about your acceptibility to God. But what it does do is to say that you know better, so even though you were not given the Jewish Law, yet still you know better, and you will be judged accordingly.

Much love!

Reactions: charity

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

When the gentiles do what is right, and proclaim, This is right, they demonstrate the knowledge of right and wrong, authenticating the accuracy of God's judgement when . . .

as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

Having your conscience tell you that you don't sin is not the same thing as not sinning. In saying that you judge some things right, and some things wrong, this makes no statement about your acceptibility to God. But what it does do is to say that you know better, so even though you were not given the Jewish Law, yet still you know better, and you will be judged accordingly.

Much love!

1 John 3:21-24

21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

This is talking about Christians who are NOT quenching the Spirit. When we are filled with the Holy Spirit, He works through our conscience.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Those are Christian Gentiles, not pagan Gentiles that Paul is talking about to Jews in Rome.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Davy,

Doesn't this passage in the places I've bolded in your quote, isn't it the Bible itself that specifies this applies to Israel? The house of Israel and the house of Judah?

Much love!

By that you are still wanting to pull out pieces of that Hebrews 8 chapter instead of reading its flow in context. The subject is about Christ and The New Covenant. Apostle Paul is applying The New Covenant revelation in Christ to the Jeremiah 31 prophecy. That prophecy is covered in many Old Testament Scriptures, not just in Jer.31.

Jer 31:27-28
27 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast.
28 And it shall come to pass, that like as I have watched over them, to pluck up, and to break down, and to throw down, and to destroy, and to afflict; so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, saith the LORD.

KJV

For those with eyes to see, God made Jeremiah a prophet to the nations, his commission to do what? In the days of Jeremiah, God brought the king of Babylon upon Jerusalem, destroying the city and temple, killing all the son heirs of Zedekiah king of Judah, and taking Zedekiah himself captive in chains to Babylon where he died, thus ending the king line house of David in Jerusalem, even to this day. Yet God said Jeremiah's commission wasn't only to pull down, and to destroy, but also to build, and to plant. Apostle Paul was declaring that 'to build, and to plant' part of the prophecy in relation to The New Covenant Jesus Christ.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is in parts. First He is bringing them back into the land, and then He will save them.
So then you are saying that this is what is happening now?

21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.
23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then you are saying that this is what is happening now?

21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.
23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

Much love!

Yes.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks

There is only ONE New Covenant that is for the whole world - House of Judah, House of Israel, and Gentiles. That is what Paul means by no distinction. In the Church there is no separation between Jew and Gentile, or male and female. We are all Christ's Bride.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Something I see is people attempting to be justified in Romans 2, as if their conscience declares them innocent. But I don't see that. What I see is an ironclad argument about how we are all guilty, and we should all know it, if we are honest with ourselves.

We are accepted in Christ, not in our flawed concept of 'good behavior'.

Much love!

Religion:....is trying to be accepted by God on our Terms.
Our terms are ....whatever we can do... whatever we can physically do.
That can be , water baptism, or becoming a martyr, or living in India and feeding street Orphans for 60 yrs.
Whatever our concept of "good behavior" is, is what people will do to try to be accepted by God.
And what is all that?
1.) Filthy rags
2.) Fail.
3.) Hell bound.
And why?
Because its impossible to become as righteous as God, of ourselves.
THere is no way to become RIGHTEOUS., of ourselves.
The FOOL thinks that..>"well, i can do this, and i can stop doing that, and God will TAKE ME".
That fool will burn in the lake of fire.
Why?
Because that fool can't become Righteous and they think they can.
God requires you and me and all of us to be EQUAL IN RIGHTEOUSNESS TO HIMSELF, OR He will not have us as His own.
Bottomline.

So, there is only one way to achieve that.....and His name is JESUS.
He is THE WAY to that Righteousness that God requires that we possess, that we must BECOME, to be accepted by God.

The FOOL, cannot hear what i just said.
The damned, cannot understand what i just said.
All those that can't hear what i just said, are this. John 3:36

But for those who have ears to hear, those of us who are born again...we HAVE BEEN MADE RIGHTEOUS.
We are the redeemed, the Blood bought, the BRIDE, the "righteousness of God, In Christ".

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They don't have to do with loving your neighbor as yourself, but are rituals that are outside natural instinct, like the Sabbath DAY, circumcision, feasts, which foods to choose... That is what the Judaizers were trying to get the Galatians to do, saying they MUST be circumcised in order to be a Christian. That is the self-effort that is a "work of the law." Loving someone is not an outside work of the law.
So you are saying there are gentiles who naturally know they should keep Sabbath, be circumcised, and not eat shrimp? Maybe we're talking about different things?

Romans 2:14-16 ESV
"For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus."

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks

There is only ONE New Covenant that is for the whole world - House of Judah, House of Israel, and Gentiles. That is what Paul means by no distinction. In the Church there is no separation between Jew and Gentile, or male and female. We are all Christ's Bride.
So then we will all have allotments of land in Israel?

And if this is true, why not say it? Why would God say, The house of Israel, and the house of Judah, IF He meant, the house of Israel, and the house of Judah, and the houses of the gentiles?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you must have a very different idea than me of what it means to have the law written on one's heart, so that they keep it. I don't see the Jews keeping the Law.

I see something very different myself.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I think these things are correct.

However . . .

The Jews are not keeping the Law. This modern day immigration to Israel, to live without faith in Christ, is not the fulfillment of God's promise to bring them all back for good, and in faith, and to keep all the Law.

Much love!

33 Thus saith the Lord God; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded.

You know what they say . . . timing is everything!

:)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are saying there are gentiles who naturally know they should keep Sabbath, be circumcised, and not eat shrimp? Maybe we're talking about different things?

Ahhh, I think I see the confusion. You think the Jewish laws, like the food laws and the Ten Commandments, including the Sabbath are what are written on the hearts of those in the New Covenant. No, it says it right in Jeremiah 31:

“Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

The Eternal laws of God are what the Ten Commandments are based on, but only a shadow of the original, to love God with all your heart, mind and body, and your neighbor as yourself. The New Covenant laws of Christ are an exact facsimile of the eternal laws of God.

1 John 3:23
23 This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us.

In other words, that we love Jesus/God with all our heart, mind and body, and love our neighbor as ourselves.

We can do this because we have the sinless Spirit of Christ inside us, and the fruit of the Spirit makes us love our neighbor as ourselves.

The eternal laws of God was not withheld in the Old Testament, but because of the carnal sin nature from Adam, the Jews could not fulfill even the shadow of the law (10C) and not covet. Romans 7:7 and 13.

Then you must have a very different idea than me of what it means to have the law written on one's heart, so that they keep it. I don't see the Jews keeping the Law.

Above ^

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is in parts. First He is bringing them back into the land, and then He will save them.

For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery, lest you be wise in your own estimation, that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; and thus all Israel will be saved. (Romans 11:25–26)

It seems to me that the two witnesses must play a part in "all Israel" being saved. Their eyes will be opened to the Messiah they missed the first time around. Does this mean only those of the Nation of Israel who survive God’s judgment during the Tribulation will be saved? Seeing as God does judge nations as well as individuals, it's hard not to see at least some Jewish people who will pledge their allegiance to Satan by taking the "mark", "name" or "number" of the beast.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahhh, I think I see the confusion. You think the Jewish laws, like the food laws and the Ten Commandments, including the Sabbath are what are written on the hearts of those in the New Covenant. No, it says it right in Jeremiah 31:

“Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

The Eternal laws of God are what the Ten Commandments are based on, but only a shadow of the original, to love God with all your heart, mind and body, and your neighbor as yourself. The New Covenant laws of Christ are an exact facsimile of the eternal laws of God.

1 John 3:23
23 This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us.

In other words, that we love Jesus/God with all our heart, mind and body, and love our neighbor as ourselves.

We can do this because we have the sinless Spirit of Christ inside us, and the fruit of the Spirit makes us love our neighbor as ourselves.

The eternal laws of God was not withheld in the Old Testament, but because of the carnal sin nature from Adam, they could not fulfill even the shadow of the law (10C) and not covet. Romans 7:7 and 13.

Above ^
The difference isn't that God makes a new set of judgments and statutes, It's that God writes the law in their hearts so that they keep it, not only an externally written law that they don't/can't keep.

The covenant God made with the Israelites at Horeb will be fulfilled among them during the kingdom age.

Perhaps you could show me Scripture that teaches concerning "the eternal laws of God"?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zechariah 14
16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, Holiness Unto The Lord; and the pots in the Lord's house shall be like the bowls before the altar.

21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the Lord of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the Lord of hosts.

The head of nations, a kingdom of priests, keeping the Law.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me that the two witnesses must play a part in "all Israel" being saved. Their eyes will be opened to the Messiah they missed the first time around. Does this mean only those of the Nation of Israel who survive God’s judgment during the Tribulation will be saved?

By saved, you mean come into the Church for the first time = yes.

Those Gentiles of every tribe and nation that come out of the Great Tribulation were in the Church when the GT started.

The day the Antichrist is revealed these things happen:

Romans 11:
25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be saved,

1. The fullness of the Gentiles is complete.
2. The partial blindness of Israel is lifted so they can come into the Church.

2 Thes. 2:9-12
The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

3. A strong delusion will be given by God on all remaining Gentiles to accept the Antichrist:

Reactions: Nancy

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The difference isn't that God makes a new set of judgments and statutes, It's that God writes the law in their hearts so that they keep it, not only an externally written law that they don't/can't keep.

Exactly!

They are NOT the 10C, but the eternal laws of God. Love God with all your heart, mind and body, and love your neighbor as yourself. The writing on the heart is all part of the born again experience of the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: Nancy