Write My Laws on Your Hearts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Understood but, what is 2 Cor. 3 speaking of when mentioning "not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts."? They are the only laws engraved on stone (the 10 C)
This is a really really good question!!

:)

I'm so looking forward to writing on this, but I need to ponder a bit more to work out how to respond.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a really really good question!!

I'm so looking forward to writing on this, but I need to ponder a bit more to work out how to respond.

Much love!

Look at my response to her #130. See if anything clicks.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know this is directed to our sister CL Marks, but do you see this happening in the Kingdom age? I don't as, aren't we all to be one in Christ?
During the kingdom age . . .

Transformed, resurrected, glorified children of God - from the church, and from the OT faithful.
Natural (terrestrial) Jews in Israel
Natural (terrestrial) Gentiles in the rest of the world.

Jews and Gentiles will be required to keep the Law. Jews will automatically, gentiles, not so. The nation that does not come to keep the feast will not have rain. So the implication is that maybe some won't. But the Jews will.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jews and Gentiles will be required to keep the Law. Jews will automatically, gentiles, not so. The nation that does not come to keep the feast will not have rain. So the implication is that maybe some won't. But the Jews will.

What? You think this is future and the law will resurrect itself? What are your scriptures for this.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know this is directed to our sister CL Marks, but do you see this happening in the Kingdom age? I don't as, aren't we all to be one in Christ?

Deuteronomy 4
27 And the Lord shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen, whither the Lord shall lead you.
28 And there ye shall serve gods, the work of men's hands, wood and stone, which neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell.
29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
30 When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the Lord thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice;
31 (For the Lord thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

I believe these promises will be kept.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What? You think this is future and the law will resurrect itself? What are your scriptures for this.
Here is a place . . .

Zechariah 14
16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a place . . .

Zechariah 14
16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Much love!

Oh, the feast of tabernacles. That is the only feast not fulfilled, so I can see that. I thought you meant the Ten Commandments, circumcision, and all the rest.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 4
27 And the Lord shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen, whither the Lord shall lead you.
28 And there ye shall serve gods, the work of men's hands, wood and stone, which neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell.
29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
30 When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the Lord thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice;
31 (For the Lord thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

I believe these promises will be kept.

Much love!

I believe this is what is meant, rather than the law of Moses:

Deuteronomy 30:6
“Moreover the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, so that you may live. (The letter kills)

Reactions: marks

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh. I read it again. No, they are NOT the same as those on the tablets of stone. The eternal laws written on our hearts go far deeper to the core of the problem - our heart. The scriptures for the circumcision of the heart show the same thing - love God with all your heart...

Deuteronomy 30:6
And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live.

It all seems to boil down to what is inside our hearts.
"...out of the abundance..."

"...for where your treasure is..."

"...guard your heart..."

And so on and so on...

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something I see when I read these passages about God writing His law on Israel's hearts, is that they will all of them keep every law and statute. The Entire Law.

This is something I've been thinking about for some time now. I hear people talk about God writing His Law on gentiles hearts when they become Christians, but all I can find in the Bible is that God does this for Israel when He returns.

In the fruit of the Spirit, yes, this is fully separated from 'law', it seems to me.

These are interesting questions, what makes a Law, and is it enforced?

For 'law', I'd say this mean God's decrees, the laws and statutes of the Mosaic covenant. One might also be able to make a case for saying, "the Law and the Prophets".

Enforcement was according to the Law as well, from restitution to capital punishment, on an individual level. But there was also enforcement on a national level, that if the nation kept the law, they would receive the blessings, and if it didn't they would receive the curses.

It's interesting to me that during the millennium, it seems that Israel will receive all the blessings of their covenant.

The way I see it is that,

Isaiah 59
20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the Lord.
21 As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.

When Jesus returns, all of Israel is reborn, and for them, this means that God not only gives them rebirth, He also writes His Law on their hearts, and they begin to perfectly keep all of the Law. And in keeping the entire Law, they receive all the blessing.

Much love!
What about all those who died in their sins?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Truther,

Can you elaborate on this?

Much love!
Gladly my friend...

I will back up into the O.T....

God made a promise to Abraham to one day save his descendants.

God confirmed this through the Prophets such as this passage in Jer 31....

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

However, this promise has never been fulfilled to Abraham yet.

Later the church is born in Acts 2, which has no Promise of the fathers as Abraham.

The writer of Hebrews quotes the O.T. promise to Abraham in chapter 8....

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Then 2 chapters later in chapter 10, includes the 1st century church in this part of the future promise to national Israel(Abraham's descendants).....

15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

But, we get only this particular section of the entire promise...that's it(God does not save every person nor does witnessing cease per Jer 31).

The rest is reserved for future national Israel at the beginning of the millennial reign of Jesus Christ and His return to save them... finally fulfilling his promise to Abraham.

So, in a nutshell...we are now getting a dark glass, partial glimpse into the future millennial reign of Christ....AKA, we have hitched a ride on their future promise....AKA, we are included in a partial, pre-millennial experience.

Reactions: marks

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!!

Trying to see this in terms of "law" puts us in the driver's seat, destined to crash!

Much love!
Amen. And it boots the Lord Jesus out on the side of the road.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gladly my friend...

Thank you, Truther, very well written!

I have a question, Hebrews 2:15, The Holy Spirit testifies to us, this seems to you to have significance in including the gentiles, is that correct?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm thinking since this is a letter written to Hebrews by an Hebrew (presumably) about the intricacies of these covenants, then the us could be the Hebrews?

There is actually another question . . . Abraham was promised to be the father of "many nations", how do you see this fulfilled?

For the most part here it looks to me we're on the same or adjacent pages.

Much love!

Reactions: charity

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So thank You God for grace!

Do you see grace as the power of God to keep the laws written on your heart? Not the 10C, but to be able to love Jesus with all of your heart, mind and body, and love your neighbor? 1 John 3:23

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, the feast of tabernacles. That is the only feast not fulfilled, so I can see that. I thought you meant the Ten Commandments, circumcision, and all the rest.
The Law is a unit, per James. This is what @CadyandZoe was pointing out, the error in my title, Write My Laws on Your Hearts, should be Law. Because the Law is a single thing, and if you break a law, you have broken The Law, and you are a Lawbreaker.

Now. If we are saying that God "writes the Law of Love" on our hearts, that's an interesting thought. Mostly what I hear in this sort of discussion is that someone is speaking of all or part of the Law of Moses.

Writing the Law of Love on our hearts, does that mean we will always and without exception love? Love God, and love others, undiminished at all times? Or what would this mean?

And since this is unique for every individual, as we all have unique lives with unique interactions with others, what are we really saying?

This is why I like @Truther 's description of the Holy Spirit inside us, instructing us in not sinning, and doing good works. It all Jesus, and His life lived through me. Faith expressing itself by loving others.

Much love!

Reactions: charity