Write My Laws on Your Hearts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly!

They are NOT the 10C, but the eternal laws of God. Love God with all your heart, mind and body, and love your neighbor as yourself. The writing on the heart is all part of the born again experience of the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Understood but, what is 2 Cor. 3 speaking of when mentioning "not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts."? They are the only laws engraved on stone (the 10 C)
Probably missing something here but, aren't the other laws to separate the Jews from the Gentiles?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly!

They are NOT the 10C, but the eternal laws of God. Love God with all your heart, mind and body, and love your neighbor as yourself. The writing on the heart is all part of the born again experience of the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
So then you don't see the Jews in the Kingdom age keeping the Mosaic Law?

Reactions: charity and Nancy

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you could show me Scripture that teaches concerning "the eternal laws of God"?

Read all the list below in context like I did with Matthew 22. I hope you can click on the full chapter and it will come up. Then press the back arrow on your computer.

Matthew 22:
34 But when the Pharisees heard that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered themselves together. 35 One of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And He said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the great and foremost commandment. 39 The second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.”

Deuteronomy 6:5
You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
Deuteronomy 10:12
“Now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require from you, but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways and love Him, and to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul,
Deuteronomy 11:13
“It shall come about, if you listen obediently to my commandments which I am commanding you today, to love the Lord your God and to serve Him with all your heart and all your soul,
Deuteronomy 13:3
you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the Lord your God is testing you to find out if you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
Deuteronomy 30:6
“Moreover the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, so that you may live.
Joshua 22:5
Only be very careful to observe the commandment and the law which Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you, to love the Lord your God and walk in all His ways and keep His commandments and hold fast to Him and serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul.”
Matthew 22:37
And He said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’
Mark 12:30
and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.’
Luke 10:27
And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.”

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then you don't see the Jews in the Kingdom age keeping the Mosaic Law?

I know this is directed to our sister CL Marks, but do you see this happening in the Kingdom age? I don't as, aren't we all to be one in Christ?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By saved, you mean come into the Church for the first time = yes.

Those Gentiles of every tribe and nation that come out of the Great Tribulation were in the Church when the GT started.

The day the Antichrist is revealed these things happen:

Romans 11:
25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be saved,

1. The fullness of the Gentiles is complete.
2. The partial blindness of Israel is lifted so they can come into the Church.

2 Thes. 2:9-12
The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

3. A strong delusion will be given by God on all remaining Gentiles to accept the Antichrist:
Actually, the delusion will be for those who refused to receive the love of the truth, but it does not say this is all gentiles, and in fact, gentiles will remain at the end of the 70th week, and will be declared righteous by Jesus.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, the delusion will be for those who refused to receive the love of the truth, but it does not say this is all gentiles, and in fact, gentiles will remain at the end of the 70th week, and will be declared righteous by Jesus.

Much love!

Scriptures please.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read all the list below in context like I did with Matthew 22. I hope you can click on the full chapter and it will come up. Then press the back arrow on your computer.

OK . . . what I'm looking for from you is something that references "the eternal laws of God". I can't think of anything in Scripture that sets up this as a catagory of law, so I'm asking.

I know that Love fulfills the Law, but I'm looking for your foundation for "the eternal laws of God". Otherwise it's extrabiblical terminology with no set meaning, only what someone gives it.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Understood but, what is 2 Cor. 3 speaking of when mentioning "not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts."? They are the only laws engraved on stone (the 10 C)
Probably missing something here but, aren't the other laws to separate the Jews from the Gentiles?

Scripture also calls the writing of the law on the heart as the circumcision of the heart.

And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live.

Romans 2:
28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; 29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scriptures please.
2 Thess 2 and Matthew 25.

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Correction . . . in this passage, Jesus does not actually declare them righteous, the Holy Spirit did that in writing the passage.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK . . . what I'm looking for from you is something that references "the eternal laws of God". I can't think of anything in Scripture that sets up this as a catagory of law, so I'm asking.

I know that Love fulfills the Law, but I'm looking for your foundation for "the eternal laws of God". Otherwise it's extrabiblical terminology with no set meaning, only what someone gives it.

Much love!

They are eternal to me because they were during the law, and after the Mosaic law. Same with circumcision that I just showed Nancy.

And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Thess 2 and Matthew 25.

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Correction . . . in this passage, Jesus does not actually declare them righteous, the Holy Spirit did that in writing the passage.

Much love!

I prefer starting with verse 8 to show when:

8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

These are Gentiles, because this starts the last seven years FOR the Jews. The fullness of the Gentiles is complete at this point.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know this is directed to our sister CL Marks, but do you see this happening in the Kingdom age? I don't as, aren't we all to be one in Christ?
I think that one place which shows this in Zechariah 14, as those in Jerusalem keep the temple worship. And more so, the other nations are to come to Jerusalem to keep the feast. So we see portrayed Israel the head of the nations, where Jesus rules the world from, and the other nations coming to Israel, and Israel is a kingdom of priests.

So there is lawkeeping, and a distinction between nations and their roles.

Much love!

Reactions: charity and Nancy

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
? ? ?

I just said like the opposite thing from you.

?

Oh. I read it again. No, they are NOT the same as those on the tablets of stone. The eternal laws written on our hearts go far deeper to the core of the problem - our heart. The scriptures for the circumcision of the heart show the same thing - love God with all your heart...

Reactions: Nancy and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I prefer starting with verse 8 to show when:

8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

These are Gentiles, because this starts the last seven years FOR the Jews. The fullness of the Gentiles is complete at this point.
To clarify, your POV is that NO gentiles will be saved during the 70th week?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are eternal to me because they were during the law, and after the Mosaic law. Same with circumcision that I just showed Nancy.

OK, I understand, it's your terminology for a law you see to be eternal. This law existed before the creation? Or do you mean "eternity to come"?

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To clarify, your POV is that NO gentiles will be saved during the 70th week?

Much love!

Right. No first time Gentiles will be saved during that time. The revealing of the Antichrist was the finish line, and then the partial blindness of the Jews will be lifted.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, I understand, it's your terminology for a law you see to be eternal. This law existed before the creation? Or do you mean "eternity to come"?

Much love!

Though we didn't have neigbors, I believe it was in heaven when Satan broke that eternal law to love God with all your heart, mind and body.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!

Yes, it is my own terminology. But it was inspired by the Spirit to my heart. I believe it is truth, and just revelation.