WWJD with LGBTQ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is no mention of a woman lying with a woman. I do not know why.. But I would not assume it is ok
Interesting read from Got below.

What does the Bible say about being a lesbian?​

translate Bible lesbian
audio

ANSWER

Some are under the assumption that, while the Bible condemns gay sex between men, it nowhere condemns being a lesbian/lesbianism. Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 mention men having sex with other men, but say nothing of women having sex with other women. In the Sodom and Gomorrah account in Genesis 19, the men of the cities wanted to gang rape other men. First Corinthians 6:9 mentions effeminate men, very likely referring to homosexuals, but does not mention lesbians. So, does the Bible in fact condemn male homosexuality, but not lesbianism?

Romans 1:26-27 puts this invalid assumption to rest: “Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion” (emphasis added). Clearly, this passage puts lesbianism on equal ground with male homosexuality. Lesbianism is described as women exchanging natural relations (with men) for unnatural relations (with women). According to the Bible, being a lesbian is just as sinful as being a homosexual male.

There’s an implication in Romans 1:26 that lesbianism is even worse than male homosexuality. Notice the phrase “even their women.” The text seems to suggest that it is more common for men to engage in sexual depravity, and when women begin to do it, that is a sign things are getting really bad. Men usually have much stronger sex drives than women, and so are more prone to sexual deviancy. When women commit unnatural sexual acts, then the degree of immorality has truly become shameful. Lesbianism is evidence of people being given over to “the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another” (Romans 1:24).

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Point is we don’t bring up the defrauding of brothers, or fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, [31] Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful… all that is disregarded for “look here, it’s the gays!”
Well, you did.
The broad range of sin wasn't the topic, homosexuality was. But since you brought them up ... judgment awaits them too.

Reactions: Ritajanice

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no mention of a woman lying with a woman. I do not know why.. But I would not assume it is ok
My point is that we read too much into these things. And ignore WHO was being spoken, WHEN, and WHY.
Does make great cherry-pickin' for gay-bashers though. Not quoted in the NT, is it?

/

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regardless if it was Mary Magdelane or not…that doesn’t seem to be the point but instead Jesus Christ giving them the option to be the first to cast the first stone and every one of them left from the least to the greatest. If she wasn’t really an adulterous woman then why was Jesus telling them that whoever among them was without sin, then let him cast the first stone. And they couldn’t. So okay let’s say she is Mary Magdelane and no woman caught in adultery …come to think of it the woman “being caught” in adultery …may be her being caught up in the tickets of their own adultery towards God of accusing her. still none of her accusers were without sin to be casting any stones.
I brought up that story and realized it wasn't a good comparison: sinful behavior forgiven vs sinful behavior not forgiven. God has healed some homosexuals and changed their lives, so their is hope, but they must repent and stop ... or else.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting read from Got below.

translate Bible lesbian
audio

ANSWER

Some are under the assumption that, while the Bible condemns gay sex between men, it nowhere condemns being a lesbian/lesbianism. Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 mention men having sex with other men, but say nothing of women having sex with other women. In the Sodom and Gomorrah account in Genesis 19, the men of the cities wanted to gang rape other men. First Corinthians 6:9 mentions effeminate men, very likely referring to homosexuals, but does not mention lesbians. So, does the Bible in fact condemn male homosexuality, but not lesbianism?

Romans 1:26-27 puts this invalid assumption to rest: “Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion” (emphasis added). Clearly, this passage puts lesbianism on equal ground with male homosexuality. Lesbianism is described as women exchanging natural relations (with men) for unnatural relations (with women). According to the Bible, being a lesbian is just as sinful as being a homosexual male.

There’s an implication in Romans 1:26 that lesbianism is even worse than male homosexuality. Notice the phrase “even their women.” The text seems to suggest that it is more common for men to engage in sexual depravity, and when women begin to do it, that is a sign things are getting really bad. Men usually have much stronger sex drives than women, and so are more prone to sexual deviancy. When women commit unnatural sexual acts, then the degree of immorality has truly become shameful. Lesbianism is evidence of people being given over to “the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another” (Romans 1:24).

It say's your human.... maybe a bit twisted in the head... but no more a sinner than the rest of us....

Yet.... Your about 3 notches above my Non-trinitarian beliefs... LOL ... You would never get banned... like I can.... and you thought you were the bad one!! LOL

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you did.
The broad range of sin wasn't the topic, homosexuality was. But since you brought them up ... judgment awaits them too.
I wasn’t necessarily referring to this thread but in general …I rarely hear “backbiters” shouted out to at the forth of July fair or on the street corner. And I meant Romans 1 is usually referenced in regards to homosexuality. I seldom hear much about the others. But that’s just my experience. am I in denial?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point is that we read too much into these things. And ignore WHO was being spoken, WHEN, and WHY.
Does make great cherry-pickin' for gay-bashers though. Not quoted in the NT, is it?

/
Who is gay bashing?

I would treat a practicing gay who professes Christ in my church just like I would a practicing heterosexual committing fornication or Adultery in church the same

But that does not discount what God says about these sins. Granted, in the church we are not forced to stone these people. But it does not negate the sinfulness of these sins

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is gay bashing?
It seems that several on this topic and the other one are gay-bashing.

You asked me earlier if thought homosexuality was a sin.
I'm more accepting of it in the context of a committed monogamous relationship.

And I think the transgender issue needs to be treated separately.

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

/
@Eternally Grateful
I think promiscuity across the board is the real issue.
The church seems quite tolerant of heterosexual promiscuity, but goes INSANE over LGBTQ.

Unmarried Christian couples living together defuse the issue by claiming they are engaged.
The monogamous claim is enough to keep them mostly safe from criticism.

But the 20 years monogamous gay couple are shunned. Horrible sinners!

The longest-married gay couple in the U.S. tells their story​

91,012 views Jun 22, 2019 #GlobalNews
Years before same-sex marriage was legalized in the United States after a ruling by the Supreme Court in 2015,
Michael McConnell and Jack Baker were married. The two first met in 1967 and in 1970 applied for a traditional marriage licence
but were rejected by the county, which was then upheld by the state Supreme Court. The U.S. Supreme Court also opted
against hearing the case for "want of a substantial federal question," court documents show. One strategy pursued led to McConnell
adopting Baker to afford them increased legal rights, and when they submitted a new marriage certificate with Baker's legal name
changed to "Pat Lyn," the county clerk's office certified the marriage not realizing they were a same-sex couple. Last year,
their original marriage was ruled valid in the wake of marriage equality, allowing a couple who have been together
for almost 50 years to collect Social Security benefits afforded to couples.

/

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you read the OP? (opening post)
Or is this yet another response to the title instead?

Here's what Jesus does to all unrepentant sinners.

Romans 11:32
For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

/
I would suggest reading more of the chapter.

Universal Salvation cannot be sustained by Biblical Exegesis.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

/
Its still a sin. And according to God. an abomination..

I must go with that.

yes transgenderism is a separate issue, In my personal view even a worse issue.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn’t necessarily referring to this thread but in general …I rarely hear “backbiters” shouted out to at the forth of July fair or on the street corner. And I meant Romans 1 is usually referenced in regards to homosexuality. I seldom hear much about the others. But that’s just my experience. am I in denial?
I agree. All sorts of sin is "listed" in Romans 1, but homosexuality is described in detail, given several sentences, and so more attention. It like a a laser been that zooms in on a target. It is a go-to passage.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Eternally Grateful
I think promiscuity across the board is the real issue.
The church seems quite tolerant of heterosexual promiscuity, but goes INSANE over LGBTQ.

Unmarried Christian couples living together defuse the issue by claiming they are engaged.
The monogamous claim is enough to keep them mostly safe from criticism.

But the 20 years monogamous gay couple are shunned. Horrible sinners!

The longest-married gay couple in the U.S. tells their story​

91,012 views Jun 22, 2019 #GlobalNews
Years before same-sex marriage was legalized in the United States after a ruling by the Supreme Court in 2015,
Michael McConnell and Jack Baker were married. The two first met in 1967 and in 1970 applied for a traditional marriage licence
but were rejected by the county, which was then upheld by the state Supreme Court. The U.S. Supreme Court also opted
against hearing the case for "want of a substantial federal question," court documents show. One strategy pursued led to McConnell
adopting Baker to afford them increased legal rights, and when they submitted a new marriage certificate with Baker's legal name
changed to "Pat Lyn," the county clerk's office certified the marriage not realizing they were a same-sex couple. Last year,
their original marriage was ruled valid in the wake of marriage equality, allowing a couple who have been together
for almost 50 years to collect Social Security benefits afforded to couples.

/
We have a news channel here in my home city that calls my church a cult. because people have gone to them. A few of the people called it a cult because they were ask to leave after the discipline sequence of the word was given, because they were living with their boyfriend.. and sexually active.

So I think we see what our culture thinks of this thing..