WWJD with LGBTQ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure why you are trying to compair divorce with a man sleeping with a man as he would a woman (gay sex) which he called an abomination..
That would be biblical support for lesbianism, right? Since it only applies to men. (a man sleeping with a man)
You are obviously misunderstanding the passage.

/

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lambano

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean, “Neither do I condemn thee”?

Somehow that sentence got left out of the quote.

We’re not told if she quit sleeping around after that. I surmise that’s between her and God.

I don’t know about you, but I got enough stuff of my own that Jesus will hold me accountable for at the Judgement.
That could have been Mary Magdelane. She likey followed our Lord around. It was also likely her that brought oil to wash His feet and the sister of Martha. ???
>> Maybe it was a bad example to compare Jesus' response to a homosexuality with? Likely this woman heeded His warning not to sin, especially ifnit was Mary Magdelene.
His message to homosexuals in Romans 1 is quite different, He let's them go, gives them over to their sinful life and so condemns them straight away.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rush to judgment?
How was your relationship with your Dad?
Was he an Infernalist too? (warped sense of reality)

/
What, you don't accept the Biblical message that unrepentant sinners will be thrown into the Lake of Fire and be destroyed?
I didn't make that that up. Jesus brought the topic up quite a bit. What is salvation anyways? We are being saved from death and destruction in the Lake of Fire ( Hell).
And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. MATT. 10:28

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His message to homosexuals in Romans 1 is quite different, He let's them go, gives them over to their sinful life and so condemns them straight away.
You mean this one?
Romans 1:26-31 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: [27] And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. [28] And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; [29] Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, [30] Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, [31] Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

First) most of what is listed there with what we call homosexuality…is a whole list of things that take place even on the board every single day.

Second) we say going against what is natural in their lust towards one another …is homosexuality. It could also be that which encompasses everything else listed “without natural affection”. Like 1 Corinthians 6:8-9 Nay, you do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren. (That could be without natural affection, turning to lust and burn towards one another. Even the women do the same burning towards one another in their own lust!) [9] Know you not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Not abusers of themselves with mankind…to me that can be turned into sexual but the whole topic is defrauding one another and that your own brothers! We love to say the effeminate is girly-like feminine-like:
having characteristics and ways of behaving traditionally associated with women and regarded as inappropriate for a man.
"John is depicted as an effeminate young man with flowing hair and delicate hands" …point is we will try to make it say whatever we want it to say…but we do miss all the rest of the story. Everything else surrounding the gays is …well…a lot of don’t do.

Point is we don’t bring up the defrauding of brothers, or fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, [31] Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful… all that is disregarded for “look here, it’s the gays!”

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I had to ask myself, WWJD with LGBTQ?

Pretty simple, He would probably tell them to go and sin no more like the woman at the well.

There is a 40% suicide rate among gays, which is driven by societal rejection. (genocide). Parental testimony shows children indicating a transgender preference as early as 3 to 5 years old.

I question that statistic considering the gay lifestyle has pretty much been normalized, and even rewarded, in secular society. Suicide is probably high among trans people, but that's because many have many mental issues. And no, that doesn't fit the definition of genocide. If a child is showing a proclivity towards transgenderism, that indicates something is wrong because kids are not thinking about that stuff at that age. I would say a large percentage of what constitutes the LGBT lifestyle is either learned behavior or environmental factors, particularly during their childhood years.

1 in 1,500 children are born intersex, meaning either both, or ambiguous genitalia.

That doesn't mean they are gay, trans or whatever. It just means they were born with a physical abnormality.

Birth sex is determined by what is between your legs; gender identity is determined by what is between your ears.

Once upon a time, gender and sex were synonymous. Only in modern times has gender been obfuscated. A person can imagine an infinite number of genders, all without any scientific basis. But that's where all this gender nonsense originates, in the imagination. Look up John Money and the orgins of gender Theory, it's a sad and twisted tale.

Christian gays that come out are at risk of losing, family, friends, church, employment, housing...

There is a choice in all this. They chose to act on whatever feelings they had and engage in that lifestyle. They bear the weight of their choices, like we all do.

Many gay couples are monogamous, and great contributors to our society.

That's fine and dandy, but so what? Here's a statistic for you: 70% of new HIV infections are among gay and bisexual men, per the CDC. Why would we embrace a lifestyle that brings death and rejection?

Didn't Jesus hang out with sinners?

He hung out with His apostles, He preached and ate with sinners. There's a big difference. As Paul said, "Do not be unequally bound together with unbelievers. For what partnership can righteousness have with lawlessness? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?"

A gay Christian is an oxymoron. That's like someone calling themselves an adulterer Christian or a thief Christian; it's a contradiction in terms. If someone with that lifestyle comes to church and wants to change, that's one thing. But if they come with the expectation that we should tolerate their lifestyle, that is quite another. It's not about judging or condemning them; that's not our job. Our job is to share with them the truth in love. But loving someone doesn't mean condoning everything they do. Otherwise, it's entirely possible to love someone to hell.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lost and found.

When a Christian comes out... they risk losing:
- their friends
- their church
- their family
- their job
- their safety
- their home

But they find themselves.

/

Reactions: Chadrho and Lambano

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way I read it is one sin is no greater than the other but it’s all alike and leads to death.. For example you can keep the big things but sin in one little area and therefore you are guilty of it all. And to be careful what you condemn others of, for in doing so you condemn yourself? But we say there is no comparison in divorce and homosexuality when both distorts what we claim marriage represents…which is a union. So if homosexuality is against that union. Isn’t divorce against that union as well? Could be wrong but I think that is what is meant by cherry picking…
all sin seperates us from God

But I think when we see how God treats sin in the local level. Some sin damages society more than others.

That why some sins were punishable by death (Usually Stoning) and others did not have death sentence applied.

Then there are certain sins which God calls an abomination.. Homosexual sex happens to be one of them.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That could have been Mary Magdelane. She likey followed our Lord around. It was also likely her that brought oil to wash His feet and the sister of Martha. ???
>> Maybe it was a bad example to compare Jesus' response to a homosexuality with? Likely this woman heeded His warning not to sin, especially ifnit was Mary Magdelene.
His message to homosexuals in Romans 1 is quite different, He lets them go, gives them over to their sinful life and so condemns them straight away.

Regardless if it was Mary Magdelane or not…that doesn’t seem to be the point but instead Jesus Christ giving them the option to be the first to cast the first stone and every one of them left from the least to the greatest. If she wasn’t really an adulterous woman then why was Jesus telling them that whoever among them was without sin, then let him cast the first stone. And they couldn’t. So okay let’s say she is Mary Magdelane and no woman caught in adultery …come to think of it the woman “being caught” in adultery …may be her being caught up in the tickets of their own adultery towards God of accusing her. still none of her accusers were without sin to be casting any stones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cassandra

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What, you don't accept the Biblical message that unrepentant sinners will be thrown into the Lake of Fire and be destroyed?
I didn't make that that up. Jesus brought the topic up quite a bit. What is salvation anyways? We are being saved from death and destruction in the Lake of Fire ( Hell).
And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. MATT. 10:28
Do you think you will escape the fire? Jesus said...

Mark 9:49 NIV
Everyone will be salted with fire.

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty simple, He would probably tell them to go and sin no more like the woman at the well.
That was the woman caught in adultery, not the woman at the well.
And Jesus first said, "Neither do I condemn you." (quoted from memory)
But what do we do?

/

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked you... "Did you read my post #22 ?"
Apparently not.

"... our western Christian social views do not always coincide with the Bible.
Notice that the bride is treated like bad merchandise in Deuteronomy 22:13-18. Property of her parents."

"But we happily run over to Leviticus 20:13 and grab
the word "abomination" when it suits our purposes. "

For the FULL explanation see post #22.

/
I read what youy post.

I disagree with it

Again, God calls it an abomination.. while he did not called other sexual acts an abomination, again, did you read the passage?

Lev 18:
6 ‘None of you shall approach anyone who is near of kin to him, to uncover his nakedness: I am the Lord. 7 The nakedness of your father or the nakedness of your mother you shall not uncover. She is your mother; you shall not uncover her nakedness. 8 The nakedness of your father’s wife you shall not uncover; it is your father’s nakedness. 9 The nakedness of your sister, the daughter of your father, or the daughter of your mother, whether born at home or elsewhere, their nakedness you shall not uncover. 10 The nakedness of your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter, their nakedness you shall not uncover; for theirs is your own nakedness. 11 The nakedness of your father’s wife’s daughter, begotten by your father—she is your sister—you shall not uncover her nakedness. 12 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father’s sister; she is near of kin to your father. 13 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your mother’s sister, for she is near of kin to your mother. 14 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father’s brother. You shall not approach his wife; she is your aunt. 15 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your daughter-in-law—she is your son’s wife—you shall not uncover her nakedness. 16 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your brother’s wife; it is your brother’s nakedness. 17 You shall not uncover the nakedness of a woman and her daughter, nor shall you take her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter, to uncover her nakedness. They are near of kin to her. It is wickedness. 18 Nor shall you take a woman as a rival to her sister, to uncover her nakedness while the other is alive.

19 ‘Also you shall not approach a woman to uncover her nakedness as long as she is in her customary impurity. 20 Moreover you shall not lie carnally with your neighbor’s wife, to defile yourself with her. 21 And you shall not let any of your descendants pass through the fire to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God: I am the Lord. 22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. 23 Nor shall you mate with any animal, to defile yourself with it. Nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it. It is perversion.

Lev 20:
10 ‘The man who commits adultery with another man’s wife, he who commits adultery with his neighbor’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress, shall surely be put to death. 11 The man who lies with his father’s wife has uncovered his father’s nakedness; both of them shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. 12 If a man lies with his daughter-in-law, both of them shall surely be put to death. They have committed perversion. Their blood shall be upon them. 13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. 14 If a man marries a woman and her mother, it is wickedness. They shall be burned with fire, both he and they, that there may be no wickedness among you. 15 If a man mates with an animal, he shall surely be put to death, and you shall kill the animal. 16 If a woman approaches any animal and mates with it, you shall kill the woman and the animal. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood is upon them.

17 ‘If a man takes his sister, his father’s daughter or his mother’s daughter, and sees her nakedness and she sees his nakedness, it is a wicked thing. And they shall be [f]cut off in the sight of their people. He has uncovered his sister’s nakedness. He shall bear his [g]guilt. 18 If a man lies with a woman during her [h]sickness and uncovers her nakedness, he has [i]exposed her flow, and she has uncovered the flow of her blood. Both of them shall be [j]cut off from their people.

19 ‘You shall not uncover the nakedness of your mother’s sister nor of your father’s sister, for that would uncover his near of kin. They shall bear their guilt. 20 If a man lies with his uncle’s wife, he has uncovered his uncle’s nakedness. They shall bear their sin; they shall die childless. 21 If a man takes his brother’s wife, it is an [k]unclean thing. He has uncovered his brother’s nakedness. They shall be childless.

Notice all these sexual acts.. In both cases. only one is called an abomination. even though many all have the same death penalty.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be biblical support for lesbianism, right? Since it only apples to men. (a man sleeping with a man)
You are obviously misunderstanding the passage.

/
Straight men are much less repulsed by lesbian sex than they are with the thought of male-male intercourse. I wonder how much emotion THAT contributes to the argument?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how would that be biblical support for lesbianism?
The only (obtuse) mention of lesbian sex is in Romans 1:26, and it specifically says that our screwed-up sex lives are God’s judgment on our idolatry. (Along with a bunch of other common depravity things going through verse 32. But nobody ever reads the context.)

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hummm? Could you fall into the catagory of unrepentant sinners... If Jesus Himself did not want you to know HIM!!!

Ron.... Is this what you here???

NASB Mar 4:11 And he said to them, "To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside everything is in parables, 12 so that indeed see but not perceive, and may indeed hear but not understand, lest they should turn and be forgiven."

Ron... Would you have been appointed in Act 13:48?
NASB Act 13:48 When the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

NASB Joh 6:65 And He was saying, "For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted him from the Father."

CEV Joh 6:65 Then Jesus said, "You cannot come to me, unless the Father makes you want to come. That is why I have told these things to all of you."

NASB Psa 115:3 But our God is in the heavens; He does whatever He pleases. CEV Psa 115:3 Our God is in the heavens, doing as he chooses.

Again.... You think i belong to some silly Church.... I SEE!!!

NASB Jer 10:23 I know, O LORD, that a man's way is not in himself, Nor is it in a man who walks to direct his steps.

Net Jer 10:23 LORD, we know that people do not control their own destiny. It is not in their power to determine what will happen to them.

Silly Child!
Paul

Reactions: St. SteVen