Yoga

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do people get this stuff!? Seriously! All I said was that I like to relax and keep my body fit (they just happen to call it Yoga but it's a different kind of Yoga today) and all of this out of that!? I'm sorry no offense or anything but that is utterly ridiculous in my mind. :rolleyes:

There are some Christians who seem to go looking for the devil or some other boogeyman around every corner. It must be exhausting.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it is only about exercise then do pilates, which has no roots in the occult. At the level these Yoga teachers operated they invited evil spirits in, and it can take many forms. One of the three she happened to be afflicted with was a sea creature.

I don't think it matters what you call it,.. it's the exact same thing! *slaps forehead* I mean I like you and everything,.. but this is really getting out of hand. :rolleyes:

Reactions: historyb

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are some Christians who seem to go looking for the devil or some other boogeyman around every corner. It must be exhausting.

Funny thing here Seven of Nine, (I'm three of 7 :D )
The devil IS around every corner, he comes as an angel of light and fools so many. That's the problem. Too many do not recognize it for what it truly is and this tickles Satan no end I bet. All just in good fun!
No, we are not to be of the world but we are still in it and should live with ALL of our dependence on Him. I once would have said something like ' I know in whom I believe, so it doesn't matter that I join in pagan festivities. I suppose it is a case of personal conviction, and compromise.
I love to see the origins of all things God and pagan so my discernment grows. Oh well, I sure can understand the saying "ignorance is bliss" :D

The evil one has his minions in TV, cartoons, toys, games, movies, clothes, church... and so, so much more than even we Christians do not see. And, what an influence is that??! :eek:

God be merciful on us!