Yoga

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha, I'm taller than you at 5'3"! Not to worry; I won't look down on you! :p

Hahahaha! Well, the foot ware I CAN wear would put me almost as tall as you :D
Thanks for not looking down on me but, I'm used to it :D
I like to tell people who comment on my lack of height that, "I'm taller than I look :D Or, that I am just too tall to feel this small haha.
I'm off now, see you all later!
God Bless forever and always :)

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hahahaha! Well, the foot ware I CAN wear would put me almost as tall as you :D
Thanks for not looking down on me but, I'm used to it :D
I like to tell people who comment on my lack of height that, "I'm taller than I look :D Or, that I am just too tall to feel this small haha.
I'm off now, see you all later!
God Bless forever and always :)
God bless you too!

You reminded me of my high school days when I would try to make it through the halls between classes. I had a tall friend named Susie, and it always helped to walk behind her, lol! People would see her and move out of the way! Maybe we'll get our height in heaven.
:)

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God bless you too!

You reminded me of my high school days when I would try to make it through the halls between classes. I had a tall friend named Susie, and it always helped to walk behind her, lol! People would see her and move out of the way! Maybe we'll get our height in heaven.
:)
"I had a tall friend named Susie, and it always helped to walk behind her, lol! "

Hahaha! Clever ;)

" Maybe we'll get our height in heaven." YES!!! :D

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Although I've not been ordered to worship any serpents...
Until yoga was commercialized by some Indians to bilk unsuspecting Westerners, it was strictly associated with Hindu yogis, who are men who also worship false gods and summon the powers of evil spirits. It is not merely for exercise, but has spiritual and sexual components associated with Hindu beliefs (included mantras, which invoke spirits).

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Until yoga was commercialized by some Indians to bilk unsuspecting Westerners, it was strictly associated with Hindu yogis, who are men who also worship false gods and summon the powers of evil spirits. It is not merely for exercise, but has spiritual and sexual components associated with Hindu beliefs (included mantras, which invoke spirits).

Yeah I kinda got some of that out of the video I watched.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yep. We need to know the roots of all this stuff. Much of yoga concerns the "self" awareness and brings us further from Christ/Truth.
There are origins in everything and Satan has perfected what may "look" or "seem" innocent enough but...it is not. One could be unknowingly worshipping another God when they look for there peace and well being an an Eastern practice.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good question. Be still and Know that I am God seems pretty much like emptying the mind. Our minds are to cluttered, to busy in the western to even hear God and we are to frightened of things to hear
Being still before God is not the same as emptying our minds. God said “be still AND KNOW” that He is God. Knowing is the opposite of emptying the mind.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good question. Be still and Know that I am God seems pretty much like emptying the mind. Our minds are to cluttered, to busy in the western to even hear God and we are to frightened of things to hear

From counseling I learned that people get emotional damage in their lives, and then looking inward becomes running from your inward self to avoid the pain that arises from their past. I think those types of people have a difficult time being still.

Reactions: historyb

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 12:4

4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

It has but not wisdom, look at how people buck agaisnt quieting their minds because everything to them is of the devil. Those even will say things of God are of the devil because they will not learn

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has but not wisdom, look at how people buck agaisnt quieting their minds because everything to them is of the devil. Those even will say things of God are of the devil because they will not learn

Yeah I find it a little strange, because our bodies are our temples (God's temple) he is in us and we in him. Nothing should be foreign or devilish in our temples to worry about. I think I understand what you mean, correct me if I'm wrong.

But even the video posted of the Yoga demon, the lady said it appeared outside her and in front. Not in her as possessed or something.

Reactions: historyb

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From counseling I learned that people get emotional damage in their lives, and then looking inward becomes running from your inward self to avoid the pain that arises from their past. I think those types of people have a difficult time being still.

I learned mediation and relaxation techniques in class at my Christian college. We learned that many types of people have a hard time of being still and quieting or emptying the mind. We learned like you of people's emotional damage and also that because o the culture that people are scared to do it because it's foreign, in western culture it's do, do, do not relax, mediate, be still.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mermaid is obviously a demon. So it seems the mythologies from 3 thousand years ago were not entirely fictional.

Where do people get this stuff!? Seriously! All I said was that I like to relax and keep my body fit (they just happen to call it Yoga but it's a different kind of Yoga today) and all of this out of that!? I'm sorry no offense or anything but that is utterly ridiculous in my mind. :rolleyes:

He wants you afraid, very very afraid, but hey it's Halloween so it's on track, lol :eek:

LOL :p

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Where do people get this stuff!? Seriously! All I said was that I like to relax and keep my body fit (they just happen to call it Yoga but it's a different kind of Yoga today) and all of this out of that!? I'm sorry no offense or anything but that is utterly ridiculous in my mind. :rolleyes:

If it is only about exercise then do pilates, which has no roots in the occult. At the level these Yoga teachers operated they invited evil spirits in, and it can take many forms. One of the three she happened to be afflicted with was a sea creature.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If it is only about exercise then do pilates, which has no roots in the occult. At the level these Yoga teachers operated they invited evil spirits in, and it can take many forms. One of the three she happened to be afflicted with was a sea creature.

I know Karate is no good too, because it is dealing with Chi energy.