YOU CAN BELIEVE IN A PARADISE EARTH

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
YOU CAN BELIEVE IN A PARADISE EARTH

Count me out mate, the earth's a nice enough place but the bottom line is it's made of material atoms and molecules so I can't wait to get off it to that purely spiritual realm in the sky..:)
"So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable...it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.. flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 15:42-50)

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus isn't God, he's the only begotten Son of God, which is who the scriptures say he is.The Word, is the only begotten Son of God, not God. So I'm not saying God ceased to exist, I'm saying Gods only begotten Son, ceased to exist for parts of three days, then the Father and God of Jesus resurrected him back into existence as a living person and granted him immortality and incorruption.
No Scripture? Of course you don't. You have zero proof that Jesus isn't God. "The Word was God"!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus isn't God, he's the only begotten Son of God, which is who the scriptures say he is.The Word, is the only begotten Son of God, not God. So I'm not saying God ceased to exist, I'm saying Gods only begotten Son, ceased to exist for parts of three days, then the Father and God of Jesus resurrected him back into existence as a living person and granted him immortality and incorruption.
God the Father states openly Jesus Christ is "God"

The theology you present sounds like the Ole Jehovah's Witness denial that Jesus Christ is "God" the Son

Hebrews 1:8KJV
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

John 1:1KJV
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Reactions: Jack

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians don't say "Jesus didn't die". But YOU say Jesus "ceased to exist". Then who/what is your savior? Don't know?
I agree, at no time did Jesus Christ "Cease To Exist" as claimed

The poster wants to suggest a living body must be inhabited to have existence "Wrong"

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Of course Jesus isn't God, we know because he said so himself..:)-

"A certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered, “No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
Jesus said - "Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)
Jesus said - "I say nothing of my own accord, I only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)
AndGod himself said - "This is my beloved son, listen to him" (Matthew 17:5)

Jesus regularly prayed to God, yet if he was God why would he pray to himself?
The early Christians got it right-
"There is one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ" (1 Timothy 2:5)

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God the Father states openly Jesus Christ is "God"

The theology you present sounds like the Ole Jehovah's Witness denial that Jesus Christ is "God" the Son

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

John 1:1KJV
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course Jesus isn't God, we know because he said so himself..:)-

"A certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered, “No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
Jesus said - "Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)
Jesus said - "I say nothing of my own accord, I only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)
AndGod himself said - "This is my beloved son, listen to him" (Matthew 17:5)

Jesus regularly prayed to God, yet if he was God why would he pray to himself?
The early Christians got it right-
"There is one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ" (1 Timothy 2:5)
John 1 The Word was God. The Word became flesh ...

Of course Jesus is God!

Reactions: Truth7t7

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
John 1 The Word was God. The Word became flesh ...
Of course Jesus is God!

If that's the case why didn't Jesus correct Simon when he said "You are the Son of God"..:)
"When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
“But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven" (Matthew 16:13-17)

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth7t7 said:
God the Father states openly Jesus Christ is "God"[/QUOTE\]
This isn't true. But truth isn't what you care about is it?

Truth7t7 said:
Hebrews 1:8KJV- But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.[/QUOTE\]

First, note the context. In many translations, including the KJV, either in the main text or in the margin, Hebrews 1:9 reads, “God, your God, anointed you.” This makes it clear that the one addressed in verse eight is not God, but one who worships God and is anointed by him.

Secondly, it should be noted that Hebrews 1:8, 9 is a quotation from Psalm 45:6, 7, which originally was addressed to a human king of Israel. Surely the writer of this psalm did not think that this human king was Almighty God and neither did the writer of Hebrews think that Jesus was Almighty God. Commenting on this, scholar B. F. Westcott said: “It is scarcely possible that אלוהים [Elohim “God”] in the original can be addressed to the king. . . . Thus on the whole it seems best to adopt in the first clause the rendering: God is Thy throne (or, Thy throne is God), that is ‘Thy kingdom is founded upon God.’”
So no, Hebrews 1:8 doesn't prove Jesus to be God

Truth7t7 said:
John 1:1KJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God./[QUOTE\]

At the end of his first letter to Christians the apostle John brings us to the understanding, namely, that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that humans begotten of God are children of God with Jesus Christ. An American Translation presents the end of John’s letter as follows: “We know that no child of God commits sin, but that he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one cannot touch him. We know that we are children of God, while the whole world is in the power of the evil one. And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us power to recognize him who is true; and we are in union with him who is true.” How? “Through his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life. Dear children, keep away from idols.”(1 John 5:18-21)
So the apostle John kept writing in his Gospel that Jesus is the Son of God. He never denied that.

John proves that the Word who was with God “was made flesh” and became Jesus Christ and that Jesus Christ was “the Son of God.” So it would be proper to say that the Word was the Son of God. For anyone to say that the Word was God, “the only true God,” would be contrary to what the apostle John proves by the rest of his writings. In the last book of the Bible, namely, in Revelation 19:13, John calls him “The Word of God,” saying: “And his name is called The Word of God.” (AV; Dy) Note that his name is not called “God the Word,” but is called “The Word of God,” or God’s Word. Hence John 1:1 means, at most, that the Word was of God, not that the Word was God, because as said before that would be contrary to what the apostle John said in the rest of his writings.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that's the case why didn't Jesus correct Simon when he said "You are the Son of God"..:)
"When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven" (Matthew 16:13-17)
Why would Jesus correct the Truth? God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that's the case, why did God the Father call God the Son "God"?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would Jesus correct the Truth? God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Amen!

1 John 5:7-8KJV
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth7t7 said:
God the Father states openly Jesus Christ is "God"[/QUOTE\]
This isn't true. But truth isn't what you care about is it?

Truth7t7 said:
Hebrews 1:8KJV- But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.[/QUOTE\]

First, note the context. In many translations, including the KJV, either in the main text or in the margin, Hebrews 1:9 reads, “God, your God, anointed you.” This makes it clear that the one addressed in verse eight is not God, but one who worships God and is anointed by him.

Secondly, it should be noted that Hebrews 1:8, 9 is a quotation from Psalm 45:6, 7, which originally was addressed to a human king of Israel. Surely the writer of this psalm did not think that this human king was Almighty God and neither did the writer of Hebrews think that Jesus was Almighty God. Commenting on this, scholar B. F. Westcott said: “It is scarcely possible that אלוהים [Elohim “God”] in the original can be addressed to the king. . . . Thus on the whole it seems best to adopt in the first clause the rendering: God is Thy throne (or, Thy throne is God), that is ‘Thy kingdom is founded upon God.’”
So no, Hebrews 1:8 doesn't prove Jesus to be God

Truth7t7 said:
John 1:1KJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God./[QUOTE\]

At the end of his first letter to Christians the apostle John brings us to the understanding, namely, that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that humans begotten of God are children of God with Jesus Christ. An American Translation presents the end of John’s letter as follows: “We know that no child of God commits sin, but that he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one cannot touch him. We know that we are children of God, while the whole world is in the power of the evil one. And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us power to recognize him who is true; and we are in union with him who is true.” How? “Through his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life. Dear children, keep away from idols.”(1 John 5:18-21)
So the apostle John kept writing in his Gospel that Jesus is the Son of God. He never denied that.

John proves that the Word who was with God “was made flesh” and became Jesus Christ and that Jesus Christ was “the Son of God.” So it would be proper to say that the Word was the Son of God. For anyone to say that the Word was God, “the only true God,” would be contrary to what the apostle John proves by the rest of his writings. In the last book of the Bible, namely, in Revelation 19:13, John calls him “The Word of God,” saying: “And his name is called The Word of God.” (AV; Dy) Note that his name is not called “God the Word,” but is called “The Word of God,” or God’s Word. Hence John 1:1 means, at most, that the Word was of God, not that the Word was God, because as said before that would be contrary to what the apostle John said in the rest of his writings.
Of Course God the Father states Jesus is God the Son in Hebrews 1:8, simple, clear, easy to understand, before your eyes

Reactions: Jack

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!

1 John 5:7-8KJV
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
Matthew 28
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Name is singular. Father, Son and Holy Spirit are ONE.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of Course God the Father states Jesus is God the Son in Hebrews 1:8, simple, clear, easy to understand, before your eyes

Amen! Jesus is God!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! Jesus is God!
"Yes" Jesus Is "God" The Son, The Alpha and Omega, before and creator of all things!

Appears we are surrounded by the doctrine of Charles Taze Russel in the Jehovahs Witnesses, they also deny Jesus Is God

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Yes" Jesus Is "God" The Son, The Alpha and Omega, before and creator of all things!

Appears we are surrounded by the doctrine of Charles Taze Russel in the Jehovahs Witnesses, they also deny Jesus Is God
Satan is certainly attacking our Jesus, God of the Bible!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you, you just proved to me that you don't believe your own KJV Bible which proves at Hebrews 1:9 the person Hebrews 1:8 is talking about isn't God but one who worships God.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, you just proved to me that you don't believe your own KJV Bible which proves at Hebrews 1:9 the person Hebrews 1:8 is talking about isn't God but one who worships God.
You TOTALLY twisted what he said! Are you JW?