You did it, or you didn't do it!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matthew 25:40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

Who do we do this to? Anyone. If we do it to anyone. We are doing it to Jesus.

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink.

43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’

44 Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’

Same question… but different tone? But the question is also shorted. More curt. The righteous quote the Lord more accurately and carefully. Is this a valid point?

Also… does it reveal that they weren’t looking for opportunities?

45 Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’

46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

It does amaze me to think Christians here in this forum actually believe Jesus would send people to be tortured eternally for not doing these things. I get why the Lord exaggerated the use of fire as an image of judgement but to invent a fiery place of torment and then lie about angels sinning and to say God will send people to such a place is horrendously changing the Word of God. It's as though the ministry of the Lord has not affected them at all - his compassion and love even for the sinner who rejected him. I'm sure this false doctrine can be easily overcome once the Lord returns, but it sure distracts believers from the real work at hand, and it's neither entering Heaven, or Hell, but whether we, did do it, or didn't do it, that matters!

F2F

Nhisname

Dec 6, 2022
Joplin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 25:40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink.

43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’

44 Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’

Same question… but different tone? But the question is also shorted. More curt. The righteous quote the Lord more accurately and carefully. Is this a valid point?

45 Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’

46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

It does amaze me to think Christians here in this forum actually believe Jesus would send people to be tortured eternally for not doing these things. I get why the Lord exaggerated the use of fire as an image of judgement but to invent a fiery place of torment and then lie about angels sinning and to say God will send people to such a place is horrendously changing the Word of God. It's as though the ministry of the Lord has not affected them at all - his compassion and love even for the sinner who rejected him. I'm sure this false doctrine can be easily overcome once the Lord returns, but it sure distracts believers from the real work at hand, and it's neither entering Heaven, or Hell, but whether we, did do it, or didn't do it, that matters!

F2F
Luke 16:20-29
And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
But Abraham said, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. 26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.’

27 “Then he said, ‘I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father’s house, 28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.’ 29 Abraham said to him, ‘They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.’

Reactions: shortangel

Nhisname

Dec 6, 2022
Joplin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

F2F
Ppl get sent to hell for non belief in Jesus. When Jesus was on the cross he asked his Father to forgive them for they know not what they do. We are to be pray and be kind to our enemies because Jesus loved us while we were yet his enemies. God is being very patient with sinners right now hoping they will come to repentance but there will come a time when the sinful will see his wrath. And yes hell is real it is a place of eternal punishment. Jesus wouldn't make anything as serious as this up..it's a warning that we had better heed. What you pointed out was the sin of omission....the person with the regenerative heart is the one who treats others as as if it were Jesus.

Reactions: shortangel

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that's true if we love our neighbor & help those who are in need we will show the love & compassion of Jesus to others

Reactions: face2face

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Luke 16:20-29
And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
But Abraham said, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. 26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.’

27 “Then he said, ‘I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father’s house, 28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.’ 29 Abraham said to him, ‘They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.’
This is a great section of Scripture! Have you studied it to find out the hidden meaning Christ was driving at?
F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ppl get sent to hell for non belief in Jesus.
Wow, you actually believe that Nhisname?

many are called, but few are chosen.” (Matthew 22:14).

So of all those who are not represented in the "many" and those of the "many" not chosen, your God would have them burned eternally in a literal place of fire?

No wonder Christians are in the mess they are in!

F2F