You do nothing Good

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do nothing good.

Untrue. One time, I met someone and I did not kill them.

Yes Jesus said that only God is good

Yes, I take Jesus' statement as a reflection of the denominator rather than the numerator. Of course, we all do SOME good while still having an evil, sinful nature. Only God is good = only God is only good. His denominator of goodness = 1; mine <1.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, I take Jesus' statement as a reflection of the denominator rather than the numerator. Of course, we all do SOME good while still having an evil, sinful nature. Only God is good = only God is only good. His denominator of goodness = 1; mine <1.

Jn 15:5

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I understand that Wrangler for sure, mine is considerably less than 1, but in about a millennium, I hope to be a 1.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where did Moses say that?
I quoted it earlier...
KJV Genesis 5:3
3 And Adam ... begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

And after 6000 of increasing moral degeneracy, today's generation is so far further removed from the image of God than was Seth as to be virtually indistinguishable. That's why today, more than any other time, it is so essential for us to surrender to God that the following promise may apply
KJV Romans 8:29
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

After all, if it needs be that we must be conformed to the image of Christ, it is this clear we are not born to that image?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that Wrangler for sure, mine is considerably less than 1, but in about a millennium, I hope to be a 1.

I confess it’d be easier to be a 1 if not for all the SOB’s in the world.

I was stopped at a light yesterday during rush hour in the LH lane preparing to take a left. In the middle lane with a red light and 3 cars in front of him this SOB plows into them going about 40 mph. A 4 car ‘accident,’ including a truck from the ricochet in the right lane.

My thoughts went <<1.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
let me ask you, when a firefighter runs into a burning building, and saves a small child, did he do a good thing?? No. The reason is because of motive.

The answer to your question is yes! Money is the root of all good in the world besides love. Most people get paid to do good.

The other day this guy made me dinner and all I had to do is give him a slip of paper. We both benefitted from the exchange.

Business has done more good in the world than any other force on Earth that can be objectively measured.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well ya know they say that opposites attract! LOL God is great...God is good. God is perfect....if none of us are righteous and no good and definitely not perfect.....maybe that is why He loves us so much? LOL

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer to your question is yes! Money is the root of all good in the world besides love. Most people get paid to do good.

The other day this guy made me dinner and all I had to do is give him a slip of paper. We both benefitted from the exchange.

Business has done more good in the world than any other force on Earth that can be objectively measured.

Wrong on every part. That firefighter doesnt do good because he rescued the kid, its about motive. That firefighter saved that kid because it was his job, which is not a good motive.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong on every part. That firefighter doesnt do good because he rescued the kid, its about motive. That firefighter saved that kid because it was his job, which is not a good motive.

We'll have to agree to disagree - on every part.

There is a lot of good in this world as evidenced by 8 BILLION people living in it. Not only are there about 80x more people alive today than when Christ walked the Earth, the standard of living is better again ... wait for it ... IN EVERY MEASURABLE WAY. If this is not good, the word has no useful meaning.

proxy-image

upload_2021-10-8_12-29-23.png

Reactions: Grailhunter

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I quoted it earlier...
KJV Genesis 5:3
3 And Adam ... begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

And after 6000 of increasing moral degeneracy, today's generation is so far further removed from the image of God than was Seth as to be virtually indistinguishable. That's why today, more than any other time, it is so essential for us to surrender to God that the following promise may apply
KJV Romans 8:29
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

After all, if it needs be that we must be conformed to the image of Christ, it is this clear we are not born to that image?

Adam was in God's image, Seth inherited that did he not(Luke 3:38) . . .son of Seth, son of Adam, son of God. I guess you may not understand what being made in God's image means, it is not looks, rather qualities. It is easy to see the distinction when you compare us to what is considered to be our predecessor, the ape. There is a clear distinction, speech, creation, worship, etc.

Reactions: Wrangler

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I confess it’d be easier to be a 1 if not for all the SOB’s in the world.

I was stopped at a light yesterday during rush hour in the LH lane preparing to take a left. In the middle lane with a red light and 3 cars in front of him this SOB plows into them going about 40 mph. A 4 car ‘accident,’ including a truck from the ricochet in the right lane.

My thoughts went <<1.

Yes sir, there are a lot of Ron's in the world and they all have the same first name. Do we know Moe?
I have been watching a lot of crash videos on you tube lately, I think it is beneficial in helping to stay alert for those Rons, but it is also stressful as sometimes those scenes seem to stay with you, foreseeing what might occur.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Adam was in God's image, Seth inherited that did he not(Luke 3:38) . . .son of Seth, son of Adam, son of God. I guess you may not understand what being made in God's image means, it is not looks, rather qualities. It is easy to see the distinction when you compare us to what is considered to be our predecessor, the ape. There is a clear distinction, speech, creation, worship, etc.
If you are still in the image of God then I guess you don't need Christ then.

Reactions: amadeus

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am shocked at how this thread has evolved, parsing our nature (being made in the image of God) with our need (for Christ).

I could understand such appalling lack of discernment among unbelievers. Francis Bacon explained succinctly in secular terms, Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed.

Paul wrote about reflections & images giving but a glimpse of the other side of the veil. We can understand why Judgment Day will be so sad for God, justly condemning images of God.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, we were redeemed to do good.

Titus 2:14
King James Version

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

We Christians are not sinners but with the new birth of Christ, we are saints with regenerated hearts of flesh.