You either have the spirit or you don't

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From 1 John 4...
Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: Every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God:

From Romans 8...

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the spirit, if so be that the spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From 1 John 4...
Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: Every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God:

From Romans 8...

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the spirit, if so be that the spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Well Pete, ONLY God knows for sure.

Reactions: Gabriel _Arch

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe you either have the spirit or WILL. But the timing is up to God. Even Satan's job seems to make sure the plan of God for ALL his creation will be accomplished.

1CO 5:5 you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I put this up because of the many I have come across who say God will give everybody a chance or that all the good people will get in. You either have the spirit or you don't.
Thank you for your post. Sad to say many good people may not "get in". I know that praying for others in faith matters.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I put this up because of the many I have come across who say God will give everybody a chance or that all the good people will get in. You either have the spirit or you don't.
That is why we are called to show them the truth and tell them the truth in the hopes they may escape those kind of lies!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your post. Sad to say many good people may not "get in". I know that praying for others in faith matters.
there are non righteous. no not one

God in our opinions does not mean they are good in Gods opinion.

No "good" person will Go to hell.

in the same taken. No good person will get to heaven.

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So glad to hear you believe in prayer, as do I. But my prayer is BIBLICAL. I curious as to how it lines up with your praying? Because this prayer indicates that ALL MEN (mankind) will "get in" "in due time".

1TI 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for ALL MEN;...
...3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 Who WILL HAVE [Gr. thelos] ALL MEN to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom FOR ALL, to be testified in due time.

"will have" isn't some 'wish or hope so' definition contextually. It is a "determined" by the subjective impulse of the God who created ALL MANKIND. IMO. :Happy:

2309 thelo: to determine (as an act option from subjective impulse; whereas 1014 prop denotes rather a pass. acquiescence in obj considerations), ie choose or prefer (lit or fig); by impl to wish, ie be inclined to (sometimes adv gladly); impers. for the fut tense, to be about to; by Heb. to delight in

I'm hoping that my prayer trumps the prayer of 'most of the church' going back to ROME circa 300 AD.

Last edited:

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are either a Saint or you Ain't. - Dr. Jim Smith
And if it "AIN'T" His will, for you to believe, then you don't have 'the will to believe';

EPH 2:8* For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not your own doing, it is the gift of God --

JOH 1:13* Which were born [again or from above], not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. [His will!].

And if YOU weren't "DRAWS" "CALLS" "PREDESTINED" "FOREORDAINED" BY GOD 'TO BELIEVE' by faith.....then you never had that opportunity 'to believe' in whatever age you lived in...past to present. But, thanks be to God this age we live in isn't the last age. There's still enough "ages to come" Eph 2:7 to even deal with that 'supposed' unforgivable sin that the church of ROME taught all the Protestants to keep, and never got nailed on the church doors of Wittenburg in 1617. Luther never got it all right doctrinally, he just got it better than Rome had it. :Bubbles:

JOH 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me DRAWS him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

JOH 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all [men] unto me. [some, will be in the "ages TO COME".]

JOH 17:2 As thou hast given him power over ALL flesh, that he should give eternal life TO AS MANY AS THOU HAST GIVEN HIM.

ACT 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath GOD also to the Gentiles GRANTED REPENTANCE unto life.

ACT 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ORDAINED to eternal life believed.

ROM 8:29 For those whom he foreknew he also PREDESTINED to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the first-born among many brethren. 30* And those whom he predestined he also called; and those whom he called he also justified;

EPH 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

And "in the AGES TO COME" Eph 2:7 the same saving Grace and gift of faith, that was GIVEN to you in verse 2:8, will be given to those to whom it wasn't given before. IMO...and the BIBLE.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if it "AIN'T" His will, for you to believe, then you don't have 'the will to believe';

EPH 2:8* For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not your own doing, it is the gift of God --

JOH 1:13* Which were born [again or from above], not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. [His will!].

And if YOU weren't "DRAWS" "CALLS" "PREDESTINED" "FOREORDAINED" BY GOD 'TO BELIEVE' by faith.....then you never had that opportunity 'to believe' in whatever age you lived in...past to present. But, thanks be to God this age we live in isn't the last age. There's still enough "ages to come" Eph 2:7 to even deal with that 'supposed' unforgivable sin that the church of ROME taught all the Protestants to keep, and never got nailed on the church doors of Wittenburg in 1617. Luther never got it all right doctrinally, he just got it better than Rome had it. :Bubbles:

JOH 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me DRAWS him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

JOH 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all [men] unto me. [some, will be in the "ages TO COME".]

JOH 17:2 As thou hast given him power over ALL flesh, that he should give eternal life TO AS MANY AS THOU HAST GIVEN HIM.

ACT 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath GOD also to the Gentiles GRANTED REPENTANCE unto life.

ACT 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ORDAINED to eternal life believed.

ROM 8:29 For those whom he foreknew he also PREDESTINED to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the first-born among many brethren. 30* And those whom he predestined he also called; and those whom he called he also justified;

EPH 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

And "in the AGES TO COME" Eph 2:7 the same saving Grace and gift of faith, that was GIVEN to you in verse 2:8, will be given to those to whom it wasn't given before. IMO...and the BIBLE.
Talk to Dr. Jim Smith about this.

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Talk to Dr. Jim Smith about this.
Did he get his DOCTORATE degree FROM JESUS? NOT! That should be your first clue to not trust someone today. Getting a degree from some religious spiritual cemetary just wasn't the way Jesus did it. But those who were "approved of men" had the same standard to bow down to as you've just presented.

ACT 4:5 On the morrow their rulers and elders and scribes were gathered together in Jerusalem,
6 with Annas the high priest and Caiaphas and John and Alexander, and all who were of the high-priestly family.

IOW educated by men like your Dr. Smith

ACT 4:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated, common men, they wondered; and they recognized that they had been with Jesus.

For what it's worth this post was written by DOCTOR Hillsage. I AM one, but don't be impressed with that degree either. Recognize someone who has spent time with Jesus and the BIBLE.

Oh, and I do hope you are still looking for those two towns which are STILL burning in UNQUENCHABLE ETERNAL FIRE?

Or do you just drag your sword all over while disappearing after a post....and also offer simple minded one liners like above.? If you don't have anything to back your words up, then maybe you're in over your head, just maybe?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So glad to hear you believe in prayer, as do I. But my prayer is BIBLICAL. I curious as to how it lines up with your praying? Because this prayer indicates that ALL MEN (mankind) will "get in" "in due time".

1TI 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for ALL MEN;...
...3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 Who WILL HAVE [Gr. thelos] ALL MEN to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom FOR ALL, to be testified in due time.

"will have" isn't some 'wish or hope so' definition contextually. It is a "determined" by the subjective impulse of the God who created ALL MANKIND. IMO. :Happy:

2309 thelo: to determine (as an act option from subjective impulse; whereas 1014 prop denotes rather a pass. acquiescence in obj considerations), ie choose or prefer (lit or fig); by impl to wish, ie be inclined to (sometimes adv gladly); impers. for the fut tense, to be about to; by Heb. to delight in

I'm hoping that my prayer trumps the prayer of 'most of the church' going back to ROME circa 300 AD.
You don't believe in the "everlasting fire" that Jesus mentioned several times?

Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Revelation 20:10
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't believe in the "everlasting fire" that Jesus mentioned several times?

Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Revelation 20:10
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
Everlasting fire simply means you can't put it out until it burns up what needs to be destroyed.

JUD 1:7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise acted immorally and indulged in unnatural lust, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

Would you please point me to those two towns above which are STILL burning in YOUR BIBLE'S EVERLASTING FIRE?

`I can also suggest "Get a better translation".

MAT 25:41 Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, the cursed, to the fire, the age-during, that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers;

As for your next verse; tell me this; why are people going to be in this "lake of FIRE? I ask that since your omnicient creator God only made this "fire" for "the Devil and his messengers." Was God having just a bad omniscient memory day, the day He made this lake?

REV 20:10 and the Devil, who is leading them astray, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where {are} the beast and the false prophet, and they shall be tormented day and night - to the ages of the ages.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did he get his DOCTORATE degree FROM JESUS? NOT! That should be your first clue to not trust someone today. Getting a degree from some religious spiritual cemetary just wasn't the way Jesus did it. But those who were "approved of men" had the same standard to bow down to as you've just presented.

ACT 4:5 On the morrow their rulers and elders and scribes were gathered together in Jerusalem,
6 with Annas the high priest and Caiaphas and John and Alexander, and all who were of the high-priestly family.

IOW educated by men like your Dr. Smith

ACT 4:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated, common men, they wondered; and they recognized that they had been with Jesus.

For what it's worth this post was written by DOCTOR Hillsage. I AM one, but don't be impressed with that degree either. Recognize someone who has spent time with Jesus and the BIBLE.

Oh, and I do hope you are still looking for those two towns which are STILL burning in UNQUENCHABLE ETERNAL FIRE?

Or do you just drag your sword all over while disappearing after a post....and also offer simple minded one liners like above.? If you don't have anything to back yon
Oh my, so I have to show my creds. Ok, I shook hands with Jerry Falwell and worked for Billy Graham.
I don't get involved with hypothetical allegories. In the OP, you are born again from above, evidenced by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit or not. Trying to convince otherwise is a nonstarter.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:16 - The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

You either have the spirit or you don't​

Say what? don't all have the spirit......either one or the other?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From 1 John 4...

From Romans 8...

But you have to see what spirit its from and also what you do if it has a hold on you...
Matthew 12:43-45
43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you have to see what spirit its from and also what you do if it has a hold on you...
Matthew 12:43-45
43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.
That's the old testament . All things changed after the Cross. The Holy Spirit indwells believers born again from above.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice