You may never have contemplated this before, sin and perfection

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul stated: The letter(of the law) kills 2Cor3:6 PRESENT TENSE.

Put that in the context of what Paul wrote here:

“What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?” (Romans 6:1-2)

You are not dead to sin. As a result you will not live with Christ! Because:

“…if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him” (2 Timothy 2:11)

“…if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him” (Romans 6:8)

savedbygrace1

Jun 1, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Put that in the context of what Paul wrote here:

“What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?” (Romans 6:1-2)

You are not dead to sin. As a result you will not live with Christ! Because:

“…if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him” (Romans 6:8)
Im putting you on ignore. As you only have the ability to quote randomly the letter, without being able to discern the message written in the letter, the bible, for you, must always be one of contradiction. Goodbye

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t.

I adhere to the biblical definition:

“Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.” (1 John 3:4)

Yes sir I agree with that, so all one has to do is know what the law is and obey it correct? Do you believe that God reveals the laws to us in the Bible Mick?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hopefully it will come much sooner than that.

It will be progressive, and I am sure it will, but it is guaranteed then as we will have been brought to perfection prior to Jesus' handing the Kingdom back to Jehovah. Then watch out cause satan gets released to try to deceive us again. Hopefully you and I will be there and stand firm against his advances.

Reactions: Bob Estey

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You may never have contemplated this before, sin and perfection but what you have contemplated no doubt, is how to please the carnal nature.