You must be born again through water baptism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friend, the falling away happened a long time ago. You were baptized three times by a man without the Spirit of God: all three baptism's were void.

Yes, I agree. That is why after I was baptized with the Holy Spirit, I obeyed the Spirit and got baptized with water a fourth time. (Actually the first real water baptism) :)

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, I agree. That is why after I was baptized with the Holy Spirit, I obeyed the Spirit and got baptized with water a fourth time. (Actually the first real water baptism) :)

Receiving the Spirit comes with a vision of Christ crucified, without this witness you are like them in the scripture: intruding into those things which he has not seen.

We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is a small thing with me to be judged by a man.

I would teach you the difference between being puffed up and being edified. The first is towards the self-love and self-protection of the outer man....which you are fully engaging in at the present time...unknowingly of course. And the latter is by being humble and letting the truth sink into the inner person of the heart in order to be edified in the spirit BY the Spirit.

Jesus said when you enter into a room...take the lowest place.

But you are not even trying to obey Jesus Christ are you? You are here by pride thinking...who can match my experience and understanding of spiritual things?

If I had a dime for every time I heard that from a milk fed novice in the faith...:rolleyes:

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would teach you the difference between being puffed up and being edified. The first is towards the self-love and self-protection of the outer man....which you are fully engaging in at the present time...unknowingly of course. And the latter is by being humble and letting the truth sink into the inner person of the heart in order to be edified in the spirit BY the Spirit.

Jesus said when you enter into a room...take the lowest place.

But you are not even trying to obey Jesus Christ are you? You are here by pride thinking...who can match my experience and understanding of spiritual things?

If I had a dime for every time I heard that from a milk fed novice in the faith...:rolleyes:
You can teach me nothing.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Receiving the Spirit comes with a vision of Christ crucified, without this witness you are like them in the scripture: intruding into those things which he has not seen.

We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen.

I actually did see a vision, and God spoke to me twice that night, one of them 8 sentences. I received power when the Holy Spirit came upon me, and He has never left. Before that night not one of my prayers were answered. Since that night 100% of my prayers are answered. I abide in Him, and He abides in me. The Spirit gives life; the letter kills.

Last edited:

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I actually did see a vision, and God spoke to me twice that night, one of them 8 sentences. I received power when the Holy Spirit came upon me, and He has never left. Before than night not one of my prayers were answered. Since that night 100% of my prayers are answered. I abide in Him, and He abides in me. The Spirit gives life; the letter kills.
I know you are lying.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

That's your pride from the outer man speaking. A humble man would ask...as the disciples of Jesus did..."Is it I?" As in "Lord, am I like that?" So then real faith exhibits self-doubt in weakness. But pride and certainty comes from the outward rebellious nature in a man...even a religious pride. To actually become a servant of God one must forsake this kind of iniquity. Pride goes before a fall.

But grace is preceded by humility. With humility comes life and honour. Not so ...pride.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know you are lying.

The irony here is that as this very inexperienced young brother seeks for approval for himself...he needs to tear down anything that doesn't bring that same religious experience he had ....to sacrifice the experience of others for the sake of approval for himself. He will crawl over others to feel good about himself. This is intensely selfish behaviour. But babies are like that.

Why are baby Christians so nasty?

Well, unless we embrace weakness we can preach grace all day long...but God only works with the weak. A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. :rolleyes:

So then baby Christians are nasty in the same way that a soiled diaper stinks. You know a change is needed! :oops:

Now if only a baby wouldn't get used to his own smell...all would be good! :)

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TheWind

1 John 3:21-23
21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PROVERBS 13:18 "Poverty and shame shall be to him that refuseth instruction: but he that regardeth reproof shall be honoured."

PROVERBS 12:1 "Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: but he that hateth reproof is brutish."

Proverbs 3:7
“Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord”

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@TheWind

1 John 3:21-23
21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not THE WORK OF FAITH is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

BECAUSE this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were OF MAN, and his brother's OF GOD.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not THE WORK OF FAITH is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

BECAUSE this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were OF MAN, and his brother's OF GOD.

Amen! I love you even when you are bearing false witness against me. :)

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TheWind,

Jesus was NOT referring to the WOMB, he was referring to water. For Jesus to say to Nicodemus, "You must be born of the WOMB" would be the same as I saying to you, "You must be breathing oxygen to live" You can plainly see how ridiculous that is.

God bless!

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Another trying to teach things they understand not.

Look how you all teach things you are not sure of, like a carnal hobby. But I know if you tasted the fear of God you would not be so careless with these interpretations.

I am sure the new birth takes place when one is water baptized (John 3:5; 1 Cor 12:13; Tts 3:5; Eph 5:26) and I am sure one is born again by the word, 1 Peter 1:23.

I agree with you that the new birth takes place when one is water baptized. So I am not sure where you are going.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The new birth happens through baptism.

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of THE WOMB and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the SPIRIT of God.

You have introduced an interpretation into the text rather than what the text actually states. The Greek word "ὕδατος " means water, not womb.

That which is born of A WOMAN is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

If this is what it actually stated in the Greek, you would probably have an airtight argument, but it doesn't say any of this. It simply states that what is flesh is flesh, and what is spirit is spirit. The two are being contrasted not conflated.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit

Wind is not the best translation. The Greek word for wind is "anima", but the gospel writer used the word "pneuma" at the beginning and the end of this sentence which indicates the figure Epanadiplosis or "Encircling" which is to emphasis the fact that is it the Spirit, (not to be confused with the flesh) that breathes/blows where He wills (not to be confused with where our will is concerned) as is the case with everyone who is born of the Spirit.

When Jesus says "water and spirit" he is using the figure Hendiadys which means "two for one". He is referring to a birth in spiritual water, or a spiritual birth, rather than a physical birth. This figure of speech is pervasive throughout the bible and a better familiarity with it spotlights not only how beautiful it is, but the fact that it's what this writer is employing here.

It is also not uncommon to refer to water in regards to the spirit as he does here:

“If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, John 7:37,38

Last edited:

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am sure the new birth takes place when one is water baptized (John 3:5; 1 Cor 12:13; Tts 3:5; Eph 5:26) and I am sure one is born again by the word, 1 Peter 1:23.

I agree with you that the new birth takes place when one is water baptized. So I am not sure where you are going.

This new birth can only happen if the person baptizing is doing it in the name of Jesus and with his Spirit, which is the Spirit of God. Otherwise you are not born of God. And receiving this Spirit comes with a vision of Christ crucified.