Young adult hangout thread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What kind of fish you catch in Bama?

I am no pro fisherman Hehehe, I usually don't catch anything Lolz, but every now and then I will get lucky. Redfin seems to be the most common fish to catch in my part of Victoria, Australia.

Trout can be caught here too, but still haven't caught one on the local river, even though I had hooked a rainbow trout, it came of the hook quite quickly, I have caught one brown trout about half an hour away though in a creek.

Oh and for beach, bay, estuary, harbour fishing, the easiest thing to catch is a toadie (toadfish).

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Howdy, I'm a twenty-two year old male from Alabama.
I enjoy shooting, fishing, I raise chickens and have a garden. I do have a YouTube account though that I will post videos on occasionally.
A lot of people consider me an old soul as I don't own a television and I use a flip phone.
oh thats not so bad EM.....television is hardly productive and phone wise your'e a plenty of steps up from two cans and a length of string.....annnnnd, do you shoot the chickens in the garden because they took your worms for fishing? :)

EarlyMarksman

Aug 26, 2020
Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What kind of fish you catch in Bama?

I am no pro fisherman Hehehe, I usually don't catch anything Lolz, but every now and then I will get lucky. Redfin seems to be the most common fish to catch in my part of Victoria, Australia.

Trout can be caught here too, but still haven't caught one on the local river, even though I had hooked a rainbow trout, it came of the hook quite quickly, I have caught one brown trout about half an hour away though in a creek.

Lot of bass, catfish, and croppie or crappie, however you choose to pronounce it. Caught a 3lb smallmouth the other day.

Reactions: Josho and farouk

EarlyMarksman

Aug 26, 2020
Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh thats not so bad EM.....television is hardly productive and phone wise your'e a plenty of steps up from two cans and a length of string.....annnnnd, do you shoot the chickens in the garden because they took your worms for fishing? :)

Negative. Chickens are in a wire fence, however sometimes they'll figure out how to escape and they will eat my tomatoes.

EarlyMarksman

Aug 26, 2020
Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@EarlyMarksman So does your avatar picture show a scene from Alabama? :)

If, I hadn't realized there was so much woodland there; I had thought more in terms of marshland/ swamps along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico.....

I'm not sure, I just found that picture online. Alabama is 67% forest with roughly 22 million acres of woods. My house does sit on a plot where a swamp used to be though. The hunting club I am a member of has over 4000 acres of land to roam about.

Reactions: Josho and farouk

EarlyMarksman

Aug 26, 2020
Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@EarlyMarksman Interesting....so much forest. You must feel very close to nature.

Well we do have a lot of American Robins and Blue Jays that come to our backyard as well as two nests that were built, one in a fern and the other in a corner of the house. Rabbits and squirrels are common here. Chipmunk population has seemingly declined which may or may not be influenced by us putting out traps and poison. Other than that it is just the twelve chickens I have in the backyard.

I am in a semi-rural area and have neighbors so I am not as isolated as I would like to be. It is about a 25 minute drive to the nearest Walmart though.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well we do have a lot of American Robins and Blue Jays that come to our backyard as well as two nests that were built, one in a fern and the other in a corner of the house. Rabbits and squirrels are common here. Chipmunk population has seemingly declined which may or may not be influenced by us putting out traps and poison. Other than that it is just the twelve chickens I have in the backyard.

I am in a semi-rural area and have neighbors so I am not as isolated as I would like to be. It is about a 25 minute drive to the nearest Walmart though.
@EarlyMarksman So you would like to be even more isolated than you are, then? Blue Jays remind me of the baseball team...