Isaiah chapter 13, the scariest passage in scripture.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've read through the book of Isaiah many times, some before I was "saved" and many times since. I've always loved the book as it says so much about our savior and even of the gospel in ways that are readily and plainly understood. This morning while continuing my progressive reading through scripture, I reread chapter 13 for a 2nd day in a row as the Lord is clearly trying to teach me something important not just for me but for His remnant and the entire Earth.
The chapter is about "the day of the Lord" and the wrath of God poured out upon the nations. The passage is very clearly about the judgment upon Israel that was coming by way of the "Medes" and includes the destruction of Babylon. However, as the passage also refers to a judgment upon the whole Earth and a mighty host from the ends of the heavens, it also refers to the final judgments against "sinners" prior to the establishment of the millennial kingdom. In particular I would call your attention to Isaiah 13:3-9.
Since I'm not at all familiar with the original languages, I would welcome our resident scholars to provide an alternate translation of Isaiah 13:5, "they come from a distant land, from the end of the heavens, the Lord and the weapons of His indignation, to destroy the whole land."
My last birthday fell on the 3rd of October, the first day of the feast of tabernacles, and because I have of late become a bit concerned about astronomical events being seen for the first time in history, I spent the evening from sundown on the 2nd to about 3:30 AM, lying out on my deck observing the night sky. I've very rarely heard that "still small voice" in my head that is unmistakably not my own thoughts, but that evening about midnight He said a number of things plainly to me, most of which I may not repeat. I did however commit myself to His purposes 100% and was promised a certain longevity (which I didn't really want) to see things through to their completion.
Now here's the really scarey part. Years ago, when the film first came out, I saw a science fiction movie called Independence day (ID4) and was very much struck by the biblical imagery of the movie. The same basic story was first told by H.G. Wells in his novel "War of the Worlds" and the theme has been repeated in many books and films up to this time. This morning it hit me like a sledgehammer, that the familiarity of the theme is found in Isaiah chapter 13 as well as in the other prophetic works up to and including the book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ.
Imagine if you will a terrible race of Heavenly beings that come to the Earth to steal our oceans as fuel for their "ships" as well as for their mineral salt content and entirely bent upon pacifying the Earth at the cost of every human life determined to resist them or determined to destroy one another. Imagine creatures able to read our thoughts and merciless toward malice, greed, and arrogance. Who would be safe other than those that have received the Spirit of Christ and those entirely humbled by fear? The mind boggles.
Now, I'm one who has taken oathes before God, to defend my nation and my country, but the Lord has expanded my territory so to speak to include all of His remnant, all who fear God. I'm not anticipating a great outcome for those who are like minded, given that resistance will be targeted, but I trust Him for the outcome. The Lord's will be done. Amen
Let the controversy begin.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Most people on this forum do not understand bible prophecy at All>> they belittle it at best , So I will tell you what I13 is all about and its a real ride into the FUTURE so hang on to your hat!!We will start with real time events >
Iraqi government forces and the Tehran-backed Popular Mobilisation launched a surprise offensive on Oct. 16 in retaliation to the Sept. 25 independence referendum organized by the KRG.
The offensive aims to capture disputed territories, claimed by both the KRG and the Iraqi central government, as well as border crossings and oil facilities. MMM so That just happened does it mean anything to a person that has no Idea about bible prophecy???>>> nothing at all but for a person that understand bible prophecy rolls 100 %>>this is big and has all to do with I13! Will The city of Babylon rise again in the future{TRIBULATION} Yes it will and it will be the seat of the Anti_Christs po wer{there is the seat of GodJesus >Jerusalem and the seat of the anti_christ Babylon}
It looks like the Rapture can happen any day, but we don’t know when. There appears to be a gap between the Rapture and the Tribulation period, but we don’t know how long that gap is. Much work can be done in a short period of time.
Rebuilt Babylon doesn’t have to be a big city like New York (and the Bible calls it a city not a nation). Ancient Babylon was just 14 miles on each side and much of that was farm land. Some think global trade can be controlled from just a few buildings with super-computers. Also, the False Prophet won’t need a lot of buildings. Whatever is there will burn in one hour.

Just know that the Kurds (Medes) will destroy the city of Babylon at the end of the Tribulation period and they are rising now.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
There is a very>>very intro chapters about the anti_christs powers coming back to Babylon in the end times!!!>>>
Then I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a flying roll.

2 And he said unto me, What seest thou? And I answered, I see a flying roll; the length thereof is twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof ten cubits.

3 Then said he unto me, This is the curse that goeth forth over the face of the whole earth: for every one that stealeth shall be cut off as on this side according to it; and every one that sweareth shall be cut off as on that side according to it.

4 I will bring it forth, saith the Lord of hosts, and it shall enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that sweareth falsely by my name: and it shall remain in the midst of his house, and shall consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof.

5 Then the angel that talked with me went forth, and said unto me, Lift up now thine eyes, and see what is this that goeth forth.

6 And I said, What is it? And he said, This is an ephah that goeth forth. He said moreover, This is their resemblance through all the earth.

7 And, behold, there was lifted up a talent of lead: and this is a woman that sitteth in the midst of the ephah.

8 And he said, This is wickedness. And he cast it into the midst of the ephah; and he cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof.

9 Then lifted I up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven.

10 Then said I to the angel that talked with me, Whither do these bear the ephah?

11 And he said unto me, To build it an house in the land of Shinar: and it shall be established, and set there upon her own base.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
The name Shinar occurs eight times in the Hebrew Bible, in which it refers to Babylonia.[3] This location of Shinar is evident from its description as encompassing both Babel/Babylon (in northern Babylonia) and Erech/Uruk (in southern Babylonia).[3] In the Book of Genesis 10:10, the beginning of Nimrod's kingdom is said to have been "Babel [Babylon], and Erech [Uruk], and Akkad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar." Verse 11:2 states that Shinar enclosed the plain that became the site of the Tower of Babel after the Great Flood. After the Flood, the sons of Shem, Ham, and Japheth, had stayed first in the highlands of Armenia, and then migrated to Shinar.[6]

In Genesis 14:1,9, King Amraphel rules Shinar. Shinar is further mentioned in Joshua 7:21; Isaiah 11:11; Daniel 1:2; and Zechariah 5:11, as a general synonym for Babylonia. Enjoy

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just know that the Kurds (Medes) will destroy the city of Babylon at the end of the Tribulation period and they are rising now.
You may well be correct about these things though I'm inclined to believe that the 3rd eye bozos are intentionally trying to manipulate geopolitics to produce this outcome as it favors their plan to bring order out of chaos. The problem with the interpretation is a simple one: The Medes (Kurds) are not from the farthest reaches of the heavens. Do you have a better translation of Isaiah 13:5, or do you think that God made some kind of mistake? I've been looking at a number of images from Ophiucus and there has been some peculiarities found in the last 12 years or so that can be troubling. Did you know that NASA posted a job opening for a "director of planetary defense" just a few months ago? The Masonic orders have been playing games with people's lives for centuries, but what's happening in the heavens is entirely out of their control.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Its very>> intro I luv bible prophecy>> from where it came it will return to be destroyed!!{LIKE LUCIFER}

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its very>> intro I luv bible prophecy>> from where it came it will return to be destroyed!!{LIKE LUCIFER}
BTW, one of the images of the star field in Ophiucus included something that resembled a fosters beer can in the lower right foreground. Telescope optics rarely show near and far objects in focus together, though its possible to Photoshop just about anything. The first thing to pop into my mind when I saw that image was the curse of the flying scroll found in the book of Zechariah.