Young Men Shall See Visions, Old Men Shall Dream Dreams

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I've "heard" a "voice" telling me to ~change lanes~ on a freeway. I was content, being behind a semi, doing a comfortable speed, and didn't change lanes. I "heard" the "voice" a second time, and in my own rationalization, didn't change lanes. Then I "heard" the "voice" a THIRD time, upon which is said to myself, FINE, I'LL CHANGE LANES, in a mood of frustration. As soon as I got over, one of the spindles of the heavy roller-conveyor assemblies came off the back of the semi trailer, and who knows what would have happened if I hadn't heard from GOD, or HIS HOLY SPIRIT, or one of HIS Angels.

And I've seen GOD's hand in my life on almost innumerable occasions but I'd never had a "vision" until this past Saturday, pertaining to GOD's protection over my cabin for me and my family in the pending days ahead.

So my question to the Forum is, -- are people seeing visions and having dreams regarding either protection or warnings of impending future calamity? And if warnings, are you preparing your household with an alternate stocked retreat/cabin? Or are you proceeding through life as though tomorrow won't be any worse than today?

Bobby Jo

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So I've "heard" a "voice" telling me to ~change lanes~ on a freeway. I was content, being behind a semi, doing a comfortable speed, and didn't change lanes. I "heard" the "voice" a second time, and in my own rationalization, didn't change lanes. Then I "heard" the "voice" a THIRD time, upon which is said to myself, FINE, I'LL CHANGE LANES, in a mood of frustration. As soon as I got over, one of the spindles of the heavy roller-conveyor assemblies came off the back of the semi trailer, and who knows what would have happened if I hadn't heard from GOD, or HIS HOLY SPIRIT, or one of HIS Angels.

And I've seen GOD's hand in my life on almost innumerable occasions but I'd never had a "vision" until this past Saturday, pertaining to GOD's protection over my cabin for me and my family in the pending days ahead.

So my question to the Forum is, -- are people seeing visions and having dreams regarding either protection or warnings of impending future calamity? And if warnings, are you preparing your household with an alternate stocked retreat/cabin? Or are you proceeding through life as though tomorrow won't be any worse than today?

Bobby Jo

Yes.

Yes.

And no.
We do not believe that there is anywhere to hide and be safe...when that day come.

As you know...we've been there, done that...
It may prolong life for a while...but in time it will run out..or someone will know you are there with your 'stuff' and take it from you.

God told me a couple of decades ago- " I am The Only Hiding Place".
Even doing our best off the beaten track....will never be 'enough'.

Our times are in His hands. Ps 31
15 "My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me."

Have fun. :)

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We do not believe that there is anywhere to hide and be safe...when that day come.

... and you don't find a contradiction in Jesus' instructions?

Matt. 24:20 Pray that your flight may not be in winter or on a sabbath.

Why FLEE if there's nowhere safe to go? And what about people who are already there? Did they anticipate future events so that they wouldn't have to FLEE, but could instead help those people who were FLEEING the tumult in their communities?

Obviously there WILL be places to FLEE from and places to FLEE to. -- If you don't consider those risks, then you might find yourself and your family (and extended family) at risk. But GOD would that none should suffer loss. :)

Bobby Jo

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen