Your Examples Of Divine Intervention In Your Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mcorba

Aug 7, 2010
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, with Christmas coming up, I thought it might be a good way for us to affirm our beliefs and recall the times when we felt or witnessed divine intervention. I have two.

My first one is that I wanted to know more about Protestantism, and had meant to get a book on Martin Luther for some time. I met a protestant and became close to them, and one day we were in a Christian book store where she was shopping. I looked around and was getting restless...suddenly the shop owner offered for us to look at a series of cheap books kept in a small room to the side of the shop.

We went in with curiousity and stood apart, starting to peruse the many rows of books on the shelves. I said outloud that I wanted a biography of ML and had wanted one for some time - suddenly, from Between where we were standing, the book Here I Stand jumped out and landed on the floor!

It was the strangest thing I have ever seen - we just looked at one another in amazement, neither of us were near the book, neither had touched it. It was very, very supernatural. Naturally, I bought and read the book, strengthened my faith, and it helped me to understand some of the differences of our denominations and beliefs.

God is amazing! I shall share the other one with you if we have lots of interesting posts. :rolleyes:

In Christ, Mike

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an awesome thread.

God had intervened in my life by teaching me how to pray regularly - I am loving praying the divine office 4 times daily - so rewarding.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please, know I say this in all humilty and awe...
I really couldn't list them all - most wouldn't be believed.

I have pictures of gifts manifested out of thin air and "things" He has given me all over my house, lest my heart
forget and become "hardened".

But, most sacred are His Visitations and supernatural events from the Higher Realms reaching here
to the 3rd dimension, while the Holy Spirit alters my brain chemistry from within me to be able to perceive and be filled with
and transformed by forever.

(Not worthy emoticom here.)

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Dispite my many mistakes and failures,,,,,

God always finds a way to pull me to my feet and keep me going for another round.

Aside from that, there's been many life and death situations I've been in that have came out unscathed where I should've been dead or seriously injured. That's divine intervention.

But, I'll give one funny example.

One morning I was riding my motorcycle down a country road. There was tall grass on either side preventing me from seeing the fields. I have almost no inner monlogue as I'm a visual thinker. All of a sudden there was a calm voice in my head, almost as if someone were standing next to me.

"There's a deer right over there." I geared down from 5th to 2nd. I looked in the direction, Low and behold,,, a huge buck casually walked from the tall grass and into the middle of the road. He looked at me and just as casually walked to the other side of the road.

Had I kept the speed I was going, I would've T-boned that animal and it would've been over.

mcorba

Aug 7, 2010
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Guys, thanks for your input - my second one is:

Went to a Christian convention with my agnostic brother who was highly dubious - he started to struggle with it, when there were many mentions of the need for forgiveness and admitting sins (a common response, there?)

He got angry and I said to go out and cool down, 5 mins later we broke for a rest and i went looking for him outside, there were 2000 at the conference i think, in London, but very few outside the front. He was still really angry and I was letting him vent his frustration with the whole need for sin aspect, I just kept thinking - God, please help me to answer his comment and questions - I kept repeating that mantra in my mind.

then, directly behind him (there were like 6 people outside and thousands inside) just happened to be the Pastor of the church who had arranged the trip - I rushed up to him and asked him to talk to my brother. I left them in hot debate and headed inside, job done, thank you God!

Talk about an immediate emergency response! :p