Your Sins Don't Count Against You Anymore

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

Hi brakelite,

That's just it, the Bible says that no, we don't return to the school master.

Galatians 3:21-27
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

So then because these are now the children of God by faith in Jesus, completely apart from works, they are no longer under the schoolmaster, representative of the Law, governing works, while also providing for an atonement - the temporary covering of sin.

The minimum standard, to my way of thinking, is, as I consider God in my life, His desire, His power, what is the way of love?

The fruit of the Spirit, and how quickly it comes?

I'd say it's different for different people. I know a man who was a hard-core heroin addict who was born again, was immediately sober and not addicted to heroin. I know others, and myself, who had to wait much longer for deliverance from those things that afflict us, and still afflict us.

But I also know when I was reborn, I sensed changes in myself fairly quickly in some areas. Although to be sure I was a poor judge of what was happening at the time due to my immaturity.

But I don't see God returning to the Mosaic Covenant, and a list of Laws, when what He's offering, and instructing me in a new life. The one I'd call a description, the other walking into the scene.

Yes, it takes far to long in my oh so humble opinion, which means nothing in this regard, as God sanctifies us.

Reminds me of Phillipians, He Who began a good work in you will complete it until the day of Christ Jesus, Until the day . . . not finished until then, but just the same, He never never stops working with us to make our lives more abundant in His love!

Much love!
Mark
Yet as a wholly born again hard core evangelist and full blown Christian the apostle said this of the law....
KJV Romans 13
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Paul, despite preaching love and the fruit of the spirit, never excluded the law from his narrative. The law is never referred to as being redundant. It is merely pointed out that it has no power to convert a soul from unrighteousness to righteousness.
We can't throw the law aside simply because we are saved by grace through faith. Israel was saved by grace through faith. It is the means by which we become obedient to the law that has changed. In the OT Israel had the sanctuary services, the priesthood, the sacrifices etc etc. We in the NT have Jesus. But the result is the same. By beholding Christ we become changed. Changed into His image and likeness. Infused with His love... His life... His righteousness. And to lay aside or exclude the law from that is like saying that Christ was not obedient to the law.
Don't forget, it is God Himself who makes so much use of the law, for men, all of whom are to be saved by grace through faith, not obedience. We do what is right as Christians not because we are ordered to, but because it is right. How we know what is right is by God's word... His word is the final authority... We cannot trust in our conscience or our feelings. God has not abdicated His authority in favour of our own intuition.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken
I won't go through all of your response in writing here. I thank you my friend, however, for your lengthy explanations which I have read carefully and about which I will continue to pray. With some of it I agree wholeheartedly. With a few things my heart is unsettled and probably in disagreement. All of it was given in the right Spirit which the best part of it all.

Give God the glory!

Reactions: Taken and Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken
I won't go through all of your response in writing here. I thank you my friend, however, for your lengthy explanations which I have read carefully and about which I will continue to pray. With some of it I agree wholeheartedly. With a few things my heart is unsettled and probably in disagreement. All of it was given in the right Spirit which the best part of it all.

Give God the glory!

Hi amadeus ~
Anything particular, you want to question, no problem, for me to give you reference to reasoning Scripture.

God Bless you and your wife,
Taken

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi amadeus ~
Anything particular, you want to question, no problem, for me to give you reference to reasoning Scripture.

God Bless you and your wife,
Taken
Thank you my friend. I would not mind if you would expound a bit on your post #51, but not on the public forum. If you have time or incentive send it via PM. Thanks

Reactions: Taken