Your Soul IS Immortal, Until...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says those that go to hell will burn in fire that shall NOT be quenched. Period!

Bible Verses about Hell Is Everlasting

Matthew 25:46
These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life

Mark 9:47-48
If your eye causes you to stumble, throw it out; it is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, than, having two eyes, to be cast into hell, where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched

2 Thessalonians 1:8-9
dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power

Revelation 14:11
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Revelation 20:10
And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever

Revelation 20:14
Then death and hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not understanding what I said , my point was ,the soul can be destroyed . The elect as well as those who are in Christ take part in the first resurrection and the 2nd death has no power over them . Those not in Christ , their soul can be .
I well understand that the 'soul' can be destroyed, which is what the "second death" is about. That's why I mentioned it, and that is for those who reject The Father and His Son Jesus Christ.

Technically, our soul-spirit is mortal until Jesus returns and those in Christ go through the events of 1 Thess.4:13-17. But per John 5:24, Jesus showed those in Him will not come into condemnation, but will pass from death (flesh death) unto life (eternal life). With the saints still alive when He comes, their flesh bodies will simply be cast off, revealing their spirit body with immortal soul.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I well understand that the 'soul' can be destroyed, which is what the "second death" is about. That's why I mentioned it, and that is for those who reject The Father and His Son Jesus Christ.

Technically, our soul-spirit is mortal until Jesus returns and those in Christ go through the events of 1 Thess.4:13-17. But per John 5:24, Jesus showed those in Him will not come into condemnation, but will pass from death (flesh death) unto life (eternal life). With the saints still alive when He comes, their flesh bodies will simply be cast off, revealing their spirit body with immortal soul.
And those not going onward with Christ? What happens to them?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And those not going onward with Christ? What happens to them?
Those of the unsaved nations of Revelation 20 that still reject Jesus Christ at the end of the "thousand years" will be cast into the future "lake of fire", which is also what the abode of hell, and death all go into and perish.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I well understand that the 'soul' can be destroyed, which is what the "second death" is about.

It's appointed unto man to die once, so we all go thru physical death

The second death is going to hell... dying physically is the first death.

Those in hell are alive and awake as they are being tormented.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those of the unsaved nations of Revelation 20 that still reject Jesus Christ at the end of the "thousand years" will be cast into the future "lake of fire", which is also what the abode of hell, and death all go into and perish.
If they're already dead when they go into Hell, how does death go into that Hell,lake of fire,and perish?

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga

I agree , sorry 4 the misunderstanding

Reactions: Davy

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and it's never rained cats and dogs in your part of the World?

How much wood could a wood check chuck, IF a wood chuck could chuck wood? clueless.gif

Not true, the 2nd death is the death of the soul , not torture

Yeah, lots of folks think Jesus is ignorant doesn't know what He's talking about. clueless-doh.gif

Those who refuse to accept what the Lord says are creating strife between themselves and the Lord as they are directly rejecting His Word.

Here's another description of hell that Jesus has provided those that actually believes what He says...

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's another description of hell that Jesus has provided those that actually believes what He says...

That smoke is what is rising forever, not their literal torment. The idea of their having no rest is actually meaning they will be gone... perished forever...

Ps 37:10
10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
KJV

Ps 37:20
20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.
KJV

Ps 37:35-36
35 I have seen the wicked in great power, and spreading himself like a green bay tree.
36 Yet he passed away, and, lo, he was not: yea, I sought him, but he could not be found.
KJV

Reactions: n2thelight

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That smoke is what is rising forever, not their literal torment

The smoke of their torment is the result of them being tormented forever along with satan and his fallen angels.

These other scripture you are posting speak of the wicked being removed from the Lord's presence... which is what hell is.

These do not prove they will cease to exist as some being taught by demons claim.

Annihilationism is one of many false doctrines authored by satan to trick unbelievers in to not getting born again... in the case of annihilationism, it makes people think they will cease to exist someday so why bother getting born again.

So, those that teach the false doctrine of annihilationism will have blood on their hands as they stand before the Lord!

Ezekiel 33:8
When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The smoke of their torment is the result of them being tormented forever along with satan and his fallen angels.

Nah... God is not going to punish the wicked with burning them forever like a piece of bacon. The wicked will be consumed away... like He said in the Psalms that I showed, and their place will no longer be found. They will be no more, like the Psalms says.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not going to punish the wicked with burning them forever like a piece of bacon.

Well, when you become burning bacon we'll see what tune you are singing then.

their place will no longer be found

Yes, they will not be found in God's Kingdom since they are cast in to outer darkness which is hell.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How much wood could a wood check chuck, IF a wood chuck could chuck wood? View attachment 41612

Yeah, lots of folks think Jesus is ignorant doesn't know what He's talking about. View attachment 41613

Those who refuse to accept what the Lord says are creating strife between themselves and the Lord as they are directly rejecting His Word.

The nature of deception is believing one's window is wide open when in fact it is closed. Jesus speaks to this in...

Matthew 6:22-23
“The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, when you become burning bacon we'll see what tune you are singing then.

Yes, they will not be found in God's Kingdom since they are cast in to outer darkness which is hell.
There is no hell in the Bible. No everlasting torture for humans. The concept is Catholic and they have never been right about anything.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The nature of deception is believing one's window is wide open when in fact it is closed. Jesus speaks to this in...

Matthew 6:22-23
“The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

Yep, and those filled with darkness are the ones that will be tortured in hell for all eternity agree.gif

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
How much wood could a wood check chuck, IF a wood chuck could chuck wood? View attachment 41612

Yeah, lots of folks think Jesus is ignorant doesn't know what He's talking about. View attachment 41613

Rev 14:11 simply means they will be dead forever , light a match and see where the smoke goes , it's gone forever.
Even satan himself will cease to exist

Ezekiel 28:18
"Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee."

Ezekiel 28:19
"All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more."

Reactions: quietthinker

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 14:11 simply means they will be dead forever

Being dead means... being separated from God forever, not cease to exist.

Don't know what god you serve but the one I do will never torture someone forever

Then you don't serve the Lord Jesus Christ of the bible! disagree.gif

You are serving the fake lawless "jesus" that denies God's Word.

As already mentioned, annihilationism is a trick of the devil to cause unbelievers to not get saved since they listen to false teachers who teach doctrines of demons claiming God is going to cause people to cease to exist.

Teaching annihilationism is being a useful idiot for demons helping to spread doctrines of devils agree.gif