Your View

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't actually meaning the ten commandments in that context no. The change to the priesthood with regarding law is related to the law of Moses... Those laws associated with the services of the sanctuary. As explained in Hebrews, Jesus was not born of the tribe of Levi, therefore by law could not be a priest, therefore it necessitated a change in that law regarding priesthood.

KJV Hebrews 7
A New Priesthood Warrants a New Law
11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
13 For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.
14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.

Read further in Hebrews 8 for the fuller picture.

The priesthood, are you referring to the Kingdom message? If possible you will need to look at it closer and determine if the born again fits that or not. My understanding is; that was for Israel! the born again and Israel are two separate entities. Never a people like the birthed of God before, hence they would have to have a message that fits who they are. We are not kingdom people persay (the kingdom is within) but bonified offspring of God. That does not fit any other people's or message's in scripture, division must come into play at some point in a believer's life and knowledge of scripture.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The priesthood, are you referring to the Kingdom message? If possible you will need to look at it closer and determine if the born again fits that or not. My understanding is; that was for Israel! the born again and Israel are two separate entities. Never a people like the birthed of God before, hence they would have to have a message that fits who they are. We are not kingdom people persay (the kingdom is within) but bonified offspring of God. That does not fit any other people's or message's in scripture, division must come into play at some point in a believer's life and knowledge of scripture.
@soul man Yes, I see the difference between Israel and the church.

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man Yes, I see the difference between Israel and the church.

I can remember like it was yesterday when I first began to get a glimpse if you will of the two being completely different from each other. It was mind blowing to suddenly see that had absultely nothing to do with each other.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I can remember like it was yesterday when I first began to get a glimpse if you will of the two being completely different from each other. It was mind blowing to suddenly see that had absultely nothing to do with each other.
@soul man 1 Thess. 4 speaks of the rapture of the church; but this is far from the end of events on earth in God's scheme of things.

Reactions: soul man