Youversion Bible Studies

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My thoughts: It has only been recently that I realize Ive wasted A LOT of time on CB and CF. Not that I shouldn't be on here. My goal for these forums were fellowship and to get closer to God. And well yeh, I have over the years. I feel like lately it has gone into hyperdrive though. Like I really wasnt digging into that living water well as much as getting myself all worked up and worried about things I cannot change. God has humbled me in this and brought me back to the heart of the Gospel. The witness is Jesus Christ offered living water and I accepted that living water. That living water is for everyone that accepts it. I will spend all my days in His presence. I always want to be known as a true worshiper who worships God in Spirit and in Truth.

Love your post. I think that today's lesson is a valuable one.

You know what, I was thinking this last night and praying about just that thing - and I don't have an answer to why right now. I think that you are noticing something not just happening in yourself, but happening in a lot of people here in the past week and that includes myself. I've noticed it happening with a few different people on CB and I think a lot of us are experiencing that same conviction.

I think God is pulling a lot of us back a little bit and drawing us nearer to him in quietness and stillness. Usually when something isn't bringing us a lot of peace, sometimes it is taking it away. I really believe that he is preparing our hearts for something, though I can't say that I know what it is specifically.

I think for myself I will come and check in for the Bible study in the morning but close off after and get out the hymnal and the Bible. I posted about that a few days ago and I think there was something else going on that was a big discussion so not many people saw it, but I think you might relate to it the most as a mother, @Mayflower. Bringing Back the Old Christian Family/Family Worship

That's where I feel God leading my heart to right now. Maybe it's similar for you.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Day#5

Scripture: Jeremiah 29:11; John 4:13; John 4:28-30; John 4:39-42; 1 Corithians 1: 26-29

Journal Prompt

Think about how Jesus has turned your weaknesses, pain and failures into joy and freedom. God can use your story to bring salvation, encouragement and freedom to others. Consider writing your testimony and sharing this good news with those who need to hear the Gospel.

"From that city many of the Samaritans believed in Him because of the word of the woman who testified, “He told me all the things that I have done.” So when the Samaritans came to Jesus, they were asking Him to stay with them; and He stayed there two days. Many more believed because of His word; and they were saying to the woman, “It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, for we have heard for ourselves and know that this One is indeed the Savior of the world.”
John 4:39‭-‬42 NASB1995

"For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, so that no man may boast before God."
1 Corinthians 1:26‭-‬29 NASB1995

My thoughts: When opportinities come up, I share parts of my testimony, because it is a book! There are many testimonies in me what God has done in my life. And I have felt lead a lot lately to share my whole testimony again as of the date. I just havent in forever, because it is easy to get stuck in what the past was rather then what God has done. But I am sure grateful. So Ill work on that and decide what to share on CB...but I am grateful out of everything, God chose us to share with others about His goodness and salvation.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Day#5

Scripture: Jeremiah 29:11; John 4:13; John 4:28-30; John 4:39-42; 1 Corithians 1: 26-29

Journal Prompt

Think about how Jesus has turned your weaknesses, pain and failures into joy and freedom. God can use your story to bring salvation, encouragement and freedom to others. Consider writing your testimony and sharing this good news with those who need to hear the Gospel.

"From that city many of the Samaritans believed in Him because of the word of the woman who testified, “He told me all the things that I have done.” So when the Samaritans came to Jesus, they were asking Him to stay with them; and He stayed there two days. Many more believed because of His word; and they were saying to the woman, “It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, for we have heard for ourselves and know that this One is indeed the Savior of the world.”
John 4:39‭-‬42 NASB1995

"For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, so that no man may boast before God."
1 Corinthians 1:26‭-‬29 NASB1995

My thoughts: When opportinities come up, I share parts of my testimony, because it is a book! There are many testimonies in me what God has done in my life. And I have felt lead a lot lately to share my whole testimony again as of the date. I just havent in forever, because it is easy to get stuck in what the past was rather then what God has done. But I am sure grateful. So Ill work on that and decide what to share on CB...but I am grateful out of everything, God chose us to share with others about His goodness and salvation.

I'm not really sure of what to share about my testimony so I'll try.

I was going through an episode of extreme heartbreak and called out to God for help. At the time, I was a witch, alcoholic, using marijuana. To give you an idea of how bad it was, I was considered "skilled" in astrology, hypnosis, tarot, I-Ching, runes, past life regression, astral projection, palm reading, numerology, and everything else.

I had an experience in April 2009 where I knew that I would marry a particular person that I saw online. Basically said we would meet, fall in love, then break up for a while, then we would get back together, marry, and have a child the next year. (I can remember the date for this easily, because my son was only a few weeks old in the living room and thought about another child and thought "I don't really know if I want that.")

Didn't say too much to him. I'm not going to say too much about him, because I'm not going to expose someone so I'm going to keep those details out. Anyway, right after that within minutes I started "hearing" a lot of things that would happen. Those things that I heard weren't true and usually are not. (That would be something I would have to learn about later.) But when he first ignored me in 2009 for a good reason, that hurt, and I didn't get why and laughed at myself because I didn't get why I would even care. I didn't know the guy. So never had anything to do with him again.

So about seven years later, he actually found me by chance. Don't think he remembered me. It was really hard to get his attention. The first part happened- at least love on my side. There was something sort of "demonically" influenced is all that I could explain it to be that was causing me to say the worst things and make myself out to be really, really bad. Just bad. Then I got ghosted.

I cried out desperately for God to just fix it and I had a visitation in 2016. Didn't see him, just had a vision over my head while sleeping, a hand sticking out of a indigo purple light and woke up "knowing" everything. That knowing started off with a lot of pacing saying "God exists!" I knew that what I was told was to give up my witchcraft and trust him and then he would fix it.

Well, I didn't give up the witchcraft right away and messed up but along the way, I did and I had to learn to avoid "witchcraft" type stuff that actually exists in the churches. I had a lot of experiences most people on here wouldn't believe. I went nuts for a little while after falling under spiritual attack, and counting down the days... 1,500+ days now. The first few days I thought it would be a day or so, then I had false impressions looking for "signs" (false signs) that made me think a day, a month, just a couple more weeks, one more year, etc.

So 1,500+ days of pain and waiting and not a day has passed where I was 100% okay.

Eventually as time went on I grew a lot closer to God. It was never fixed, but since it was what led me to Christ, and that was the whole purpose. It was never fixed, and I'm still stuck wondering if it was because it wasn't time or if it's because sometimes God's promises are conditional and I broke all of the conditions. But I have Jesus now and I had learned more than the average person should ever actually have to - and I'm free from witchcraft, alcohol, and marijuana.

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not really sure of what to share about my testimony so I'll try.

I was going through an episode of extreme heartbreak and called out to God for help. At the time, I was a witch, alcoholic, using marijuana. To give you an idea of how bad it was, I was considered "skilled" in astrology, hypnosis, tarot, I-Ching, runes, past life regression, astral projection, palm reading, numerology, and everything else.

I had an experience in April 2009 where I knew that I would marry a particular person that I saw online. Basically said we would meet, fall in love, then break up for a while, then we would get back together, marry, and have a child the next year. (I can remember the date for this easily, because my son was only a few weeks old in the living room and thought about another child and thought "I don't really know if I want that.")

Didn't say too much to him. I'm not going to say too much about him, because I'm not going to expose someone so I'm going to keep those details out. Anyway, right after that within minutes I started "hearing" a lot of things that would happen. Those things that I heard weren't true and usually are not. (That would be something I would have to learn about later.) But when he first ignored me in 2009 for a good reason, that hurt, and I didn't get why and laughed at myself because I didn't get why I would even care. I didn't know the guy. So never had anything to do with him again.

So about seven years later, he actually found me by chance. Don't think he remembered me. It was really hard to get his attention. The first part happened- at least love on my side. There was something sort of "demonically" influenced is all that I could explain it to be that was causing me to say the worst things and make myself out to be really, really bad. Just bad. Then I got ghosted.

I cried out desperately for God to just fix it and I had a visitation in 2016. Didn't see him, just had a vision over my head while sleeping, a hand sticking out of a indigo purple light and woke up "knowing" everything. That knowing started off with a lot of pacing saying "God exists!" I knew that what I was told was to give up my witchcraft and trust him and then he would fix it.

Well, I didn't give up the witchcraft right away and messed up but along the way, I did and I had to learn to avoid "witchcraft" type stuff that actually exists in the churches. I had a lot of experiences most people on here wouldn't believe. I went nuts for a little while after falling under spiritual attack, and counting down the days... 1,500+ days now. The first few days I thought it would be a day or so, then I had false impressions looking for "signs" (false signs) that made me think a day, a month, just a couple more weeks, one more year, etc.

So 1,500+ days of pain and waiting and not a day has passed where I was 100% okay.

Eventually as time went on I grew a lot closer to God. It was never fixed, but since it was what led me to Christ, and that was the whole purpose. It was never fixed, and I'm still stuck wondering if it was because it wasn't time or if it's because sometimes God's promises are conditional and I broke all of the conditions. But I have Jesus now and I had learned more than the average person should ever actually have to - and I'm free from witchcraft, alcohol, and marijuana.

Wow. That is powerful Fluff....I am so grateful you csme to know Christ and put all that stuff aside. Thanks for sharing. <3

I started writing mine yesterday. It is actually really long and not sure whether to share it all at once and what sensitive parts to leave out. Right now Im just writing it all out, so Ill share something when it is done.

But it is amazing how God takes people and turns them completely around for His glory. Praise God. :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Day#6

Psalm 65:5
Isaiah 58:11
Romans 8:28

Journal Prompt

Think about those areas of your life where you are still not walking in total freedom. Write them down, and allow Jesus to set you free from guilt and shame. Let His Word come alive in your heart and set you free from failure and regrets!

"By awesome deeds You answer us in righteousness, O God of our salvation, You who are the trust of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest sea;"
Psalms 65:5 NASB1995

"And the Lord will continually guide you, And satisfy your desire in scorched places, And give strength to your bones; And you will be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water whose waters do not fail."
Isaiah 58:11 NASB

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."
Romans 8:28 NASB1995

Thoughts: Romans 8:28 reminds me of your testimony, Fluff, how God worked everything together for the good in your life. I also like Jeremiah 29:11, where His plans are to prosper us, not to harm us, and to give us a future and a hope. It makes life easier to get through resting on those promises.

I would say fear has always been a stronghold in my life. Lately, I have felt God calling me out of it, once and for all. Ive more felt shame and guilt about the inside of my mind then out of it. And the time I waste in worry. Lately, just like lightbulbs been going off, and I have realized what has been one of my main issues. Every time I drift away from my Bible and devotions it is a lot worse.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow. That is powerful Fluff....I am so grateful you csme to know Christ and put all that stuff aside. Thanks for sharing. <3

I started writing mine yesterday. It is actually really long and not sure whether to share it all at once and what sensitive parts to leave out. Right now Im just writing it all out, so Ill share something when it is done.

But it is amazing how God takes people and turns them completely around for His glory. Praise God. :)
Yes! It took a lot of time though. Testimonies are always hard to explain. lol, I think that's because they're usually not always pretty and generally pretty personal, like mine. It would have been romantic story had it turned out, but God disciplines those he loves and I am still learning. So I suppose it ended up as different kind of romance in a way that I didn't expect. Unfortunately I can't say that I was always focused on doing everything for the right reasons at the beginning (I was more focused on developing my character to earn it back and spent years trying to develop so that I could be a good wife in the eyes of God, thinking I wasn't good enough at the time) but that changed later.

When you read the Bible, a lot of the character reads are also not pretty. Moses committed murder (Ex 2), Ruth felt abandoned by God, and ... other ones that I can't think of off the top of my head right now because I'm not awake yet. :rolleyes:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Day#6

Psalm 65:5
Isaiah 58:11
Romans 8:28

Journal Prompt

Think about those areas of your life where you are still not walking in total freedom. Write them down, and allow Jesus to set you free from guilt and shame. Let His Word come alive in your heart and set you free from failure and regrets!

"By awesome deeds You answer us in righteousness, O God of our salvation, You who are the trust of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest sea;"
Psalms 65:5 NASB1995

"And the Lord will continually guide you, And satisfy your desire in scorched places, And give strength to your bones; And you will be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water whose waters do not fail."
Isaiah 58:11 NASB

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."
Romans 8:28 NASB1995

Thoughts: Romans 8:28 reminds me of your testimony, Fluff, how God worked everything together for the good in your life. I also like Jeremiah 29:11, where His plans are to prosper us, not to harm us, and to give us a future and a hope. It makes life easier to get through resting on those promises.

I would say fear has always been a stronghold in my life. Lately, I have felt God calling me out of it, once and for all. Ive more felt shame and guilt about the inside of my mind then out of it. And the time I waste in worry. Lately, just like lightbulbs been going off, and I have realized what has been one of my main issues. Every time I drift away from my Bible and devotions it is a lot worse.

I would have to say the same for me, too. Fear is a big stronghold in my life, too. Fear can be paralyzing. It has held me back a lot from the things I should be doing, but at the same time there are places where there are things I'm afraid of but also have no ability to take control of it right now because of my circumstances.

And this might sound a little weird, but diet and exercise. My diet has not been good lately and that holds me back significantly for health reasons. When I eat the right things, I feel like a different person and I'm able to get significantly more done without feeling like I'm going to collapse after. It lessens anxiety and brain fog, too. I put a lot of vegetables on the grocery list this week to try to fix that and get things in order.

While I'm supposed to be doing strength training (because I had been sick and unable to do a lot for a long time) I haven't done it. If I don't do these things I'm at risk of being nearly bedridden for a couple of days.

Bad health and fear seem to be my two biggest strongholds.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read: Psalms 30:11-12; Corinthians 2:9; Philippians 4:4-8

Journal Prompt

Count your blessings today. Write them down. Be thankful and rejoice in everything God has done and will continue doing in your life. He sees you, and He adores you!

"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness, That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever."
Psalms 30:11‭-‬12 NASB1995

"but just as it is written, “Things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard , And which have not entered the heart of man , A ll that God has prepared for those who love Him .”
1 Corinthians 2:9 NASB1995

"Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things."
Philippians 4:5‭-‬8 NASB1995

Thoughts: I am grateful that Christ has satisfied my own most inner needs and desires. He has done so much in my life and grateful that God has been there for me and my family over all. To think on all things good should be very easy. God has great plans in store for His children, so daily I want to practice resting in His presence and letting His Word transform my mind. I pray others see Christ in me and desire for His living water as well.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read: Psalms 30:11-12; Corinthians 2:9; Philippians 4:4-8

Journal Prompt

Count your blessings today. Write them down. Be thankful and rejoice in everything God has done and will continue doing in your life. He sees you, and He adores you!

"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness, That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever."
Psalms 30:11‭-‬12 NASB1995

"but just as it is written, “Things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard , And which have not entered the heart of man , A ll that God has prepared for those who love Him .”
1 Corinthians 2:9 NASB1995

"Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things."
Philippians 4:5‭-‬8 NASB1995

Thoughts: I am grateful that Christ has satisfied my own most inner needs and desires. He has done so much in my life and grateful that God has been there for me and my family over all. To think on all things good should be very easy. God has great plans in store for His children, so daily I want to practice resting in His presence and letting His Word transform my mind. I pray others see Christ in me and desire for His living water as well.
I can't think of anything. LOL

It was a busy day today. Lots of cooking, cleaning, kids. Made Scottish eggs. Did other things I don't remember. I really like Philippians 4:5-8 though. I will come up with one tomorrow! I think I might wait to update until Tuesday to give everyone a day of rest and whoever wants to catch up, but I do think after some discussions here I have an overall idea for a theme.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a max luxado based on philippians 4:8/anxiety. I think Im putting this on my list to read for myself either way. I love me some max lucado

Anxious for Nothing

Anxious for Nothing

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't think of anything. LOL

It was a busy day today. Lots of cooking, cleaning, kids. Made Scottish eggs. Did other things I don't remember. I really like Philippians 4:5-8 though. I will come up with one tomorrow! I think I might wait to update until Tuesday to give everyone a day of rest and whoever wants to catch up, but I do think after some discussions here I have an overall idea for a theme.

Sunday is always busy over here with church and family time. I was on here practically all day yesterday. I really got into scriptures and talking to people about the Bible. I really enjoyed that time. I didnt spend a lot with the kids though, so Im going to make special mom time for the two tomorrow.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a max luxado based on philippians 4:8/anxiety. I think Im putting this on my list to read for myself either way. I love me some max lucado

Anxious for Nothing

Anxious for Nothing
I added it to my saved! I like Lucado, too.

Sunday is always busy over here with church and family time. I was on here practically all day yesterday. I really got into scriptures and talking to people about the Bible. I really enjoyed that time. I didnt spend a lot with the kids though, so Im going to make special mom time for the two tomorrow.
I think I did the same and we skipped catch up homework the whole weekend (the boy turned 12 and so we were busy having fun) so there's lots to catch up on tomorrow. :eek::eek::eek:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I accepted the invite. If you want me too, I can post the scriptures here and any questions it asks. They don't always ask questions. Usually just for thoughts. :) I like to think about how the scripture/devotional applies to me.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I accepted the invite. If you want me too, I can post the scriptures here and any questions it asks. They don't always ask questions. Usually just for thoughts. :) I like to think about how the scripture/devotional applies to me.

Yeah, go for it! I like your formatting when you do it. LOL It's easy to read and reflect on.