“and you will not” ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 5:16 (NASB)
But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.

“and you will not”

This is an awesome statement with such promise;

“and you will not”

This is scripture so we know it is true and correct... Scripture is telling us if we do A the result will be B..

So finding out what A is important if we would want to have B..

So what is A?

Scripture puts forth A as;

“walk by the Spirit”

So scripture is putting forth the one infallible way to not carry out the desire of the flesh.. For we know no lie is in scripture, so this statement is true, accurate and correct 100% of the time... So discovering what walking by the Spirit is would be the all of not carrying out the desire of the flesh...

So what is this walking?

It is whatever the Galatians did at first when it says in scripture;

“having begun in the Spirit”

So whatever the Galatians did at first, was, as scripture puts forth;

“in the Spirit”

So what did the Galatians do at first?

They simply believed...

They had faith....

They believed and trusted in what God said...

For walking in the Spirit is the same as walking by faith...

Faith in God, believing what He says concerning our salvation is the all of growing in Him... Accepting His salvation on His terms... Seeing the all of faith; seeing the all of walking in the Spirit, one being the same as the other..

Walking in the Spirit, being freedom in God... By faith believing what God says, which results in entering into the rest of God and ceasing from ones own works.... Which is the work of faith...

~For it is seeing when Jesus died we died~~~Because, he that has died is freed from sin~~~ Then the truth of glorying in nothing but the cross of Christ, and ones death in Him will be seen and understood to an ever increasing degree...

For He is God and He is good, which goodness is accessed by faith...

Be blessed in the deepening discovery of this faith, freedom, truth and His goodness manifested in one’s salvation that is in Christ Jesus...

A fellow believer, Not me

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 5:16 (NASB)
But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.

“and you will not”

This is an awesome statement with such promise;

“and you will not”

This is scripture so we know it is true and correct... Scripture is telling us if we do A the result will be B..

So finding out what A is important if we would want to have B..

So what is A?

Scripture puts forth A as;

“walk by the Spirit”

So scripture is putting forth the one infallible way to not carry out the desire of the flesh.. For we know no lie is in scripture, so this statement is true, accurate and correct 100% of the time... So discovering what walking by the Spirit is would be the all of not carrying out the desire of the flesh...

So what is this walking?

It is whatever the Galatians did at first when it says in scripture;

“having begun in the Spirit”

So whatever the Galatians did at first, was, as scripture puts forth;

“in the Spirit”

So what did the Galatians do at first?

They simply believed...

They had faith....

They believed and trusted in what God said...

For walking in the Spirit is the same as walking by faith...

Faith in God, believing what He says concerning our salvation is the all of growing in Him... Accepting His salvation on His terms... Seeing the all of faith; seeing the all of walking in the Spirit, one being the same as the other..

Walking in the Spirit, being freedom in God... By faith believing what God says, which results in entering into the rest of God and ceasing from ones own works.... Which is the work of faith...

~For it is seeing when Jesus died we died~~~Because, he that has died is freed from sin~~~ Then the truth of glorying in nothing but the cross of Christ, and ones death in Him will be seen and understood to an ever increasing degree...

For He is God and He is good, which goodness is accessed by faith...

Be blessed in the deepening discovery of this faith, freedom, truth and His goodness manifested in one’s salvation that is in Christ Jesus...

AMEN!

Reactions: Nancy and Not me

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, I think walking in the Spirit is the normal state for the Christian, but we allow the feelings and fears of the flesh divert us.

Being afraid is the flesh. Doubting God's promise is the flesh. Expecting to fail is the flesh. Feelings of guilt over sins past is the flesh. That sick feeling of inner weakness is, you guessed it, the flesh.

Let's reject all of that, and conform our minds to the truth.

I find that nothing ushers me into the walk in the Spirit quicker and more fully that to embrace the truth that I am fully reconciled to God in Christ, not me.

Much love!

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I think walking in the Spirit is the normal state for the Christian, but we allow the feelings and fears of the flesh divert us.

Being afraid is the flesh. Doubting God's promise is the flesh. Expecting to fail is the flesh. Feelings of guilt over sins past is the flesh. That sick feeling of inner weakness is, you guessed it, the flesh.

Let's reject all of that, and conform our minds to the truth.

I find that nothing ushers me into the walk in the Spirit quicker and more fully that to embrace the truth that I am fully reconciled to God in Christ, not me.

Much love!

As we so learn Christ be blessed.. :)