“Bible alone” is the cos of confusion!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You started out with the statement that the Bible alone is not the arbiter of truth. With this I agree. Jesus said that the holy Spirit would lead us into all truth. The holy Spirit inspired the scriptures. So the holy Spirit would never contradict what He has already revealed through the prophets and apostles. Then you say...

This is a classic strawman. No-one is claiming that they are the arbiter of truth.

KJV John 8:31-32
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

KJV John 14:6, 15-17, 23-26
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The following prayer of Paul as written to the Ephesians, was written to Gentile converts, not to an elite self spiked hierarchy in Rome... Take note of what he is asking for on behalf of these lay believers in Christ...
KJV Ephesians 1:15-23
15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

This prayer as presented in God's word becomes a promise... Not to a magisterium of "suitably" qualified individuals in an institution... But to you and me. Think about what is promised here. The work of the holy Spirit in man reveals God. Reveals His will. And uses God's word as the vehicle for that will when it comes to doctrine and Truth.

you cannot know the truth or the scriptures or have salvation with Christ and his church!

they are inseparable covenant of God!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet another anti- “Bible alone” post....
Yet again he who is AGAINST “Bible alone”, has no clue, WHAT “Bible alone” means!

Do you think yourself qualified to DEFINE what “Bible Alone” MEANS?

If so, stop with your anti-rhetoric and DEFINE what “Bible Alone” means.

it means your pride based private interpretation

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
there is only one church Jn 10:16 founded by Christ on Peter Matt 16:18-19 who teaches all men Matt 28:19 without error Jn 16:13

Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 20:21 acts 8:31 Rom 1:5 col 2:7 1 Tim 3:15
matt 18:17

Christ and His church are one! acts 9:4 Acts 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

The evidence of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ & His holy church!

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics, but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!
1 pet 3:20-21 matt 18:17 matt 16:18-19 matt 28:19-20 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-23

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

Christ and His church are one! (Acts 9:4 eph 5:31 Jn 15:1-5)

Rejection of the one true church or its teaching is rejection of Christ and God!

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 8:12 & Matt 5:14

Your error is to see a church structure and organization in the temporal world as something spiritual and eternal. Superstitions abound. And the carnal mind cannot comprehend spiritual things.

Reactions: faithfulness

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you are the arbiter of what is true! You decide!

All Scripture is True.
Yep, I choose to believe that all Scripture is True, regardless of what you believe.
So what? Don’t you choose to believe what is True?

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is part of the devide, you belief the myths that there is an unbrocken sucession of leaders going back to the apostles.
I believe as Jesus said to the woman at the well, 'that we are to worship in spirit and in truth'.
The organisation does not matter.
Agreed, the Church is not BUILDING or A denomination, is is comprised of true Christians all over the world and found in most denominations are but a few. The Christians are the true Church of God. All else is man made and ruled.
"Worship in Spirit and in Truth" Amen.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another lie you have been falsely taught.
Bible Alone has nothing to do with Pride or Private Interpretation.
Pray tell then?

and tell what Jn 3:5 means
Baptism or spiritual birth?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your error is to see a church structure and organization in the temporal world as something spiritual and eternal. Superstitions abound. And the carnal mind cannot comprehend spiritual things.

did Jesus Christ found a church?
Yes or no???

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All Scripture is True.
Yep, I choose to believe that all Scripture is True, regardless of what you believe.
So what? Don’t you choose to believe what is True?

yes but how do you know what is scripture? You’re 66 books no!
And the word of God and divine revelation are not limited to scripture alone!

psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

what book and chapter are “the heavens”?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
did Jesus Christ found a church?
Yes or no???

A physical building? No. Jesus established His church as a spiritual entity with spiritual life and authority. Seated in heavenly places WITH Christ. Any human temporal organization can claim to be the Lord's church. But there is a heavenly authority to consider...not just an ecclesiastical authority. The RC church is a throwback to the Pharisees who claimed descent (and authority) from Moses. They could trace back their line to Aaron and Moses. Jesus said that Moses would condemn their assumptions.
The RC try pulling off the same stunt...not with Moses...but with Jesus this time. Same technique different time. Same eventual judgment. Jesus spoke out harshly against the traditions that negate God's words at that time. And He will do so again when the time comes to those who place traditions to be equal or even surpass the words of the Lord.

A manifestation of His church must include the presence and power of God.

The Body of Christ is spread over the earth...it is ALL who are born of the Spirit AND those who trust in the Lord. The Bride of Christ is a small number from the Body that have grown into the full stature of Christ. Just as Adam's wife was taken from one rib...and not his whole body...so also the Bride is a small number from the greater whole. Many are called, few are chosen.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you cannot know the truth or the scriptures or have salvation with Christ and his church!

they are inseparable covenant of God!
What makes you think I don't have a church? Read again those scriptures. There's nothing about a specific institutional organisation... It is a promise to believers... Not an institution. Read them again.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pray tell then?

Bible Alone IS:
Profitable for knowledge in righteousness, for receiving, for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction, for validation.

2 Tim 3:
[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Acts 17:
[11] These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

ONE
TEACHING, that an OTHER THINKS that Bible Alone means; interpreting Scripture, is the ONE making false accusations FOR an OTHER.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...and tell what Jn 3:5 means
Baptism or spiritual birth?

Baptism OR Spiritual birth...? Odd question.
Baptism of the Holy Spirit, IS a Spiritual birth.

The knowledge is clear.

A man born (the First time of Water) from his mothers womb, is a flesh birth.
A man born (a Second time of Spirit) from Gods Baptism, is a spiritual birth.

John 3:
[4] Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
[5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
[6] That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
[7] Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes but how do you know what is scripture? You’re 66 books no!

When you ask me a question, and then answer for me...
No need for me to answer your question.
Question ignored!

And the word of God and divine revelation are not limited to scripture alone!

So? Your point is MOOT. And why your point is MOOT, is because you are attempting to argue something I never said!

psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

The OP is about “Bible Alone”.
You quoted a Scriptural passage about “the heavens”.

what book and chapter are “the heavens”?

Go search the Scriptures yourself for knowledge of “the heavens”.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
without the church you can have salvation it is the communion of saints

~ thee faith said: without the church I can have salvation....salvation it is the communion of saints.

~ thee faith ~ you are not qualified to speak for me.

The Church, is Christ’s Church.
Christ is the Chief Corner Stone of His Church.
Christ is the Rock of His Church.
Christ is the Head of His Church.
I have already Joined Christ’s Church.
* The DAY I joined Christ’s Church, IS the DAY I RECEIVED Christ’s Baptismal Gift of Salvation.
* The DAY I joined Christ’s, IS the DAY I joined with OTHER men, WHO themselves JOINED Christ’s Church as they also RECEIVED Christ’s Baptismal Gift of Salvation.
* The DAY I joined Christ’s Church, IS the DAY, I gained Brothers “IN” Christ, that were like myself CALLED to be “saints”, and Responded to the CALLING, and Joined Christ’s Church.

Whatever you are babbling about that...I CAN HAVE...is MOOT.
I already HAVE what the Lord God Almighty OFFERED, and I chose to RECEIVE.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A physical building? No. Jesus established His church as a spiritual entity with spiritual life and authority. Seated in heavenly places WITH Christ. Any human temporal organization can claim to be the Lord's church. But there is a heavenly authority to consider...not just an ecclesiastical authority. The RC church is a throwback to the Pharisees who claimed descent (and authority) from Moses. They could trace back their line to Aaron and Moses. Jesus said that Moses would condemn their assumptions.
The RC try pulling off the same stunt...not with Moses...but with Jesus this time. Same technique different time. Same eventual judgment. Jesus spoke out harshly against the traditions that negate God's words at that time. And He will do so again when the time comes to those who place traditions to be equal or even surpass the words of the Lord.

A manifestation of His church must include the presence and power of God.

The Body of Christ is spread over the earth...it is ALL who are born of the Spirit AND those who trust in the Lord. The Bride of Christ is a small number from the Body that have grown into the full stature of Christ. Just as Adam's wife was taken from one rib...and not his whole body...so also the Bride is a small number from the greater whole. Many are called, few are chosen.

there’s you’re problem!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes you think I don't have a church? Read again those scriptures. There's nothing about a specific institutional organisation... It is a promise to believers... Not an institution. Read them again.

Christ came to give us spiritual anarchy! Whatever!

the church is a structured hierarchical covenant!

believers? Believers aren’t even in the new covenant church but only catechumens!

faith and baptism are the initiation into Christ and His covenant

only Christ has authority to found the church on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18-19 Jn 20:21-23 eph 2:20 all others are heretical sects of the tradition of men

it is an institution and an institution that is required for Salvation