“Bible alone” is the cos of confusion!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible Alone IS:
Profitable for knowledge in righteousness, for receiving, for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction, for validation.

2 Tim 3:
[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Acts 17:
[11] These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

ONE
TEACHING, that an OTHER THINKS that Bible Alone means; interpreting Scripture, is the ONE making false accusations FOR an OTHER.

do you believe in the virgin birth?
Do you believe that Joseph is a the father of Jesus?
Or both?
Or neither?

by the “Bible alone”!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism OR Spiritual birth...? Odd question.
Baptism of the Holy Spirit, IS a Spiritual birth.

The knowledge is clear.

A man born (the First time of Water) from his mothers womb, is a flesh birth.
A man born (a Second time of Spirit) from Gods Baptism, is a spiritual birth.

John 3:
[4] Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
[5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
[6] That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
[7] Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

no you can’t even follow the text much less know what it means

born again by WATER AND THE SPIRIT

BAPTISMAL REGENERATION!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you ask me a question, and then answer for me...
No need for me to answer your question.
Question ignored!

So? Your point is MOOT. And why your point is MOOT, is because you are attempting to argue something I never said!

The OP is about “Bible Alone”.
You quoted a Scriptural passage about “the heavens”.

Go search the Scriptures yourself for knowledge of “the heavens”.

the doctrine of the “Bible alone” ain’t biblical

the Bible and tradition! Yes
Tradition is the teaching authority of Christ in his church!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
~ thee faith said: without the church I can have salvation....salvation it is the communion of saints.

~ thee faith ~ you are not qualified to speak for me.

The Church, is Christ’s Church.
Christ is the Chief Corner Stone of His Church.
Christ is the Rock of His Church.
Christ is the Head of His Church.
I have already Joined Christ’s Church.
* The DAY I joined Christ’s Church, IS the DAY I RECEIVED Christ’s Baptismal Gift of Salvation.
* The DAY I joined Christ’s, IS the DAY I joined with OTHER men, WHO themselves JOINED Christ’s Church as they also RECEIVED Christ’s Baptismal Gift of Salvation.
* The DAY I joined Christ’s Church, IS the DAY, I gained Brothers “IN” Christ, that were like myself CALLED to be “saints”, and Responded to the CALLING, and Joined Christ’s Church.

Whatever you are babbling about that...I CAN HAVE...is MOOT.
I already HAVE what the Lord God Almighty OFFERED, and I chose to RECEIVE.

sorry it should be you cannot have salvation without the church!
There is only one church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18 Jn 20:21 eph 2:20 Jn 10:16
All others are heretical sects of the tradition of men

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do you believe in the virgin birth?

Yes.
Foretold, OT
Retold, NT
Revealed Virgin Mary, delivered forth from her womb Jesus, Son of Man.
Mary is the Legal (mans law) mother of Jesus, Son of man.

Do you believe that Joseph is a the father of Jesus?

Joseph is the Legal (mans law) father of Jesus, Son of man.
God is the Spiritual Father of Jesus, Son of God.

by the “Bible alone”!

Knowledge revealed by the Bible alone? Yes.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no you can’t even follow the text much less know what it means

born again by WATER AND THE SPIRIT

BAPTISMAL REGENERATION!

Blah, blah, blah, off on your wild accusations and trying to ADD to the text in point John 3: 1-7

The text is clear, and says nothing about baptismal regeneration.
This is the first time Jesus spoke of born again.
Nicodemus, a Pharisee Heard what Jesus said, then questioned Jesus how a man could BE BORN AGAIN FROM HIS MOTHERS WOMB.

Jesus replied ANSWERING Nicodemus’ question, while ALSO identifying what is the Born Again Jesus was talking about.

Paraphrasing...
No Nicodemus’ a man is not born again OF WATER from his mothers womb, that is a FLESH BIRTH.
However Nicodemus a man who desires to enter Gods Kingdom must aside from being born of WATER of his mothers womb, ALSO, be born again OF THE SPIRIT. Which IS a SPIRITUAL BIRTH.

No need to add your words.
Simply LISTEN to the conversation between Jesus and Nicodemus.
Nothing Confusing.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the doctrine of the “Bible alone” ain’t biblical

Well you have already revealed you don’t know what Bible alone means.
Even Catholic Forums reveal Catholics DEFINE Bible alone, (falsely), then disagree with their False definition.

That tactic must be a Catholic taught behavior, since it is a prevalent tactic often seen on this forum, by particular Catholics steeped in Catholicism.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry it should be you cannot have salvation without the church!

My own words are sufficient.

There is only one church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18 Jn 20:21 eph 2:20 Jn 10:16

When “how many Churches” are the topic, post to others responses.
You wandering off topic to lecture with your opinions, is of no interest to me.

Reactions: amigo de christo

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.
Foretold, OT
Retold, NT
Revealed Virgin Mary, delivered forth from her womb Jesus, Son of Man.
Mary is the Legal (mans law) mother of Jesus, Son of man.

Joseph is the Legal (mans law) father of Jesus, Son of man.
God is the Spiritual Father of Jesus, Son of God.

Knowledge revealed by the Bible alone? Yes.

And Jn 1:45?
And Lk 2:48

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blah, blah, blah, off on your wild accusations and trying to ADD to the text in point John 3: 1-7

The text is clear, and says nothing about baptismal regeneration.
This is the first time Jesus spoke of born again.
Nicodemus, a Pharisee Heard what Jesus said, then questioned Jesus how a man could BE BORN AGAIN FROM HIS MOTHERS WOMB.

Jesus replied ANSWERING Nicodemus’ question, while ALSO identifying what is the Born Again Jesus was talking about.

Paraphrasing...
No Nicodemus’ a man is not born again OF WATER from his mothers womb, that is a FLESH BIRTH.
However Nicodemus a man who desires to enter Gods Kingdom must aside from being born of WATER of his mothers womb, ALSO, be born again OF THE SPIRIT. Which IS a SPIRITUAL BIRTH.

No need to add your words.
Simply LISTEN to the conversation between Jesus and Nicodemus.
Nothing Confusing.

don’t bother reading verse 22 either

so are you saved now?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christ came to give us spiritual anarchy
The only spiritual anarchy... Apostasy... Spiritual adultery that there is stark confirmed historical evidence for is the illicit marriage that took place between the church and the kings of the earth 1500 years ago. Does the name Clovis ring a bell, the so called most favored son of the Catholic Church?
the church is a structured hierarchical covenant!
It can be yes. But just as good made a covenant with individuals I in THE OT, who are you to declare that he must follow your rules in the NT? We are saved as individuals. Not one Pope, Cardinal, bishop, or priest will stand and hold my hand in the judgement. They will have their own troubles enough, I will answer for myself to my Savior... Not to your or anyone else.
all others are heretical sects of the tradition of men
Which gives you the right and authority to murder them right?
it is an institution and an institution that is required for Salvation
The church's behavior over the last 1500 years amply disqualified them from any and all roles in the salvation of men. Fortunately there are many genuine Christians in the Catholic Church that are holding on to Jesus as their Savior according to what light they have, they however will, when the great the message to "come out of her My people", will leave with great joy and gladness once they become aware of how deceived they were into believing that their church was operating according to the will of God.
You do not need the Roman church to be saved my friend. You need Jesus. Only Jesus can save anyone, and He can save everyone... All who call upon His name and obey God's Commandments will be saved.
KJV 1 Corinthians 7:19
19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God
KJV 1 John 2:3-5
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how can joseph be his father and the virgin birth?

Already told you.
Mans LAW establishes Legal parent relationships of father and mother.
Gods LAW established His parent relationship when Gods Word came forth out of Gods Mouth, and God Prepared a Body for His Word.

Do you not recall the requirement of the Roman Census?
Do you not not know what is the purpose of a Census?

Ya think Joseph reported the number of his household as husband, wife and oh ya, Gods Son?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are saved as individuals.

better check you’re Bible!

Hebrews 12:1-3
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already told you.
Mans LAW establishes Legal parent relationships of father and mother.
Gods LAW established His parent relationship when Gods Word came forth out of Gods Mouth, and God Prepared a Body for His Word.

Do you not recall the requirement of the Roman Census?
Do you not not know what is the purpose of a Census?

Ya think Joseph reported the number of his household as husband, wife and oh ya, Gods Son?

where does the Bible alone say Joseph is the legal father?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only spiritual anarchy... Apostasy... Spiritual adultery that there is stark confirmed historical evidence for is the illicit marriage that took place between the church and the kings of the earth 1500 years ago. Does the name Clovis ring a bell, the so called most favored son of the Catholic Church?

It can be yes. But just as good made a covenant with individuals I in THE OT, who are you to declare that he must follow your rules in the NT? We are saved as individuals. Not one Pope, Cardinal, bishop, or priest will stand and hold my hand in the judgement. They will have their own troubles enough, I will answer for myself to my Savior... Not to your or anyone else.

Which gives you the right and authority to murder them right?

The church's behavior over the last 1500 years amply disqualified them from any and all roles in the salvation of men. Fortunately there are many genuine Christians in the Catholic Church that are holding on to Jesus as their Savior according to what light they have, they however will, when the great the message to "come out of her My people", will leave with great joy and gladness once they become aware of how deceived they were into believing that their church was operating according to the will of God.
You do not need the Roman church to be saved my friend. You need Jesus. Only Jesus can save anyone, and He can save everyone... All who call upon His name and obey God's Commandments will be saved.
KJV 1 Corinthians 7:19
19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God
KJV 1 John 2:3-5
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

the holy church takes the gospel before kings!

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

clovis was converted! Amen!

acts 1:8 my witnesses to the ends of the earth

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where does the Bible alone say Joseph is the legal father?

Are you utterly unfamiliar with Mans Laws?
Did you not have a LEGAL daddy according to Mans Laws?
Were you raised in the household of some random man?
Do you have NO document stating a specific man is your daddy?
Do you File a Census and NAME random people as your children?

Are you NOT familiar with Jewish Law?
Are you NOT familiar with Gentile Laws?

Gentile Laws; (particularly Western laws) ...
- Engagement: a verbal agreement between a man and a woman agreeing they will Marry.
-Wedding: a Religious “LEGAL” or Civil “LEGAL” ceremony of fulling the Verbal Agreement to Marry.

Jewish Laws;
- Betrothal (ie engagement)... A LEGAL “contract” Between a Groom and the Brides DADDY, that the Groom WILL MARRY the DADDY’S DAUGHTER.
- THAT CONTRACT, can only BE BROKEN BY Another Contract of Agreement TO DISSOLVED the “engagement”.
THAT BREAKING of the “engagement/Betrothal”....IS officially BROKEN, BY an ISSUING of A “DIVORCE DEGREE” !

Unlike Gentile LAWS... In Jewish Law...the “Engaged/Betrothed” couple are TREATED as ALREADY MARRIED, but do not LIVE together, do not engage in Sexual activity....THE ARE TRUE to their Commitment, TO finalize their Commitment AT A WEDDING ceremony.

Joseph made a COMMITMENT to Mary’s daddy, to MARRY her.
When Joseph was Visited by an Angel and told, SHE was with child...Joseph first thought about, DIVORCING her quietly.
The Angel Visiting Joesph CONTINUED speaking to Joseph of Mary’s circumstance, WAS NOT DO TO MARY being “unfaithful” to Joseph.
Joseph reconsidered his thought of “DIVORCING” Mary...
And DID NOT “divorce” Mary.
Joseph and Mary immediately (rather than WAITING the customary Year LONG “engagement” period)...WEDDED.

Joseph AGREED to NOT have a (customary) sexual relationship WITH His WIFE on the day they were WED, but RATHER:
Joseph AGREED to NOT have a sexual relationship WITH Mary UNTIL AFTER Mary delivered the child, AND the Jewish Lawful custom of Marys purification (after child delivery).

When YOU KNOW NOT the FACTS, you are NOT capable of basing your OPINON and BELIEFS ON the FACTS.

You Wondering “IF” Joseph was Jesus’ Legal father, simply shows you have no concept of what legality of mans law means.

Mary and Joseph were Contractually Committed to become wedded.
Mary and Joseph Contractually Became wedded BEFORE the birth of Jesus.
Mary and Joseph expressly were Revealed as Husband and Wife.
Mary and Joseph expressly were Revealed SLEEPING in the same space.

You can hardly “exalt” Mary to the pedestal level you do....IF Mary was SLEEPING with a man in the SAME space, Registering in the Census as LIVING in the SAME household, to a man she was NOT Wedded to!

And your “exalting” Mary to the pedestal level you do....Being AFTER Jesus’ Birth, and AFTER the Jewish Lawful purification time-line....
You have Mary DENYING her Husband Joseph the ability to fulfill Gods Commandment of multiplying and having children with “his seed and her seed”....

Pretty FORWARD of YOU, to DECIDE, to TEACH (long after Mary is dead and buried)....That Mary WAS a horrible WIFE to her Husband, by DENYING Joseph the ability to Multiply and Have Children of their own.

Seems, when MARY was ALIVE, She herself would have made that claim for herself....But, now that she is dead and buried....SHE has NO WAY, to DEFEND her own self, as BEING a Faithful and Dutiful Wife to Joseph.

Very Disturbing and Dishonorable to Mary.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I agree that Joseph is the legal father and not biological father but where does the Bible alone say it?

so according to the “Bible alone” both are true!

the virgin birth and Joseph is his father