“Bible alone” is the cos of confusion!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every time they pray to, sing to, adore her, light candles before, bow down before, it is all not the worship of God but the worship of mary.

only God may be adored and worshipped!

the rest is not worship
Worship requires intent and consent!

not a god, goddess or an graven image

Goddess?

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women. Lk 1:28

How can a goddess be full of grace?
Hail Mary full of grace!

How can the Lord be with a goddess?
The lord is with thee!

How can a goddess be blessed!
Blessed art thou, and all generations shall call me blessed!

Lk 1: 43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

How can a goddess be the mother of God?

Lk 1: 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

How could a goddess be faithful?

Lk 1: 46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

How could a goddess glorify God or have a savior?

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

How could a goddess be humble?

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

How could a goddess be the immaculate conception and the have the Holy Spirit accomplish the Miraculous conception of Jesus?

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

How could a goddess be a perpetual Virgin bringing forth the savior of the world?

Jn 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

How could a goddess be our spiritual mother?

Only a heretical fundamentalists brainwashing can say so!

Mother of Divine Grace!

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

The throne of Grace is the throne of Mary the ever Virgin mother of God!

We come boldly to this throne cause Mary is our mother and advocate!

Mary is the storehouse of divine graces!

Lk 1:28
And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail Mary, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.

All graces come from the merits of Christ, from His passion and death and come thru Mary to the glory of Her only begotten Son!

mother of our salvation

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The throne of Grace is the throne of Mary the ever Virgin mother of God!
Revelation shows one throne upon which is Jesus.
There is no throne in heaven for mary.

You may protest that you don't worship mary, yet again in revelation, John tries to kneel to an angel and is told not to.
Only God is to be worshipped.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation shows one throne upon which is Jesus.
There is no throne in heaven for mary.

You may protest that you don't worship mary, yet again in revelation, John tries to kneel to an angel and is told not to.
Only God is to be worshipped.
I agree and the true church teaches only God maybe worshipped and adored

heb 4:16 who’s throne?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The throne where ever it is shown whethe in the old or the new is always Gods throne.
It is always God's throne.

Just as no one bows or prayes to servants in the bible so there is no place in Christianity for bowing to, prayers to Mary.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The throne where ever it is shown whethe in the old or the new is always Gods throne.
It is always God's throne.

Just as no one bows or prayes to servants in the bible so there is no place in Christianity for bowing to, prayers to Mary.

Christ is at the right hand of the father on the great white throne
The throne of grace belongs to our queen and mother

Luke 1:28
Wycliffe Bible

28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.

Lk 1:30 found our salvation

Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation

Matt 1:21 mother of our savior

Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation
Mary is the mother of our salvation

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unity of faith!

“Bible alone” is the cos of division / confusion:

Not opposed to the Bible, but the doctrine of the “Bible alone” is the only authority, or the Bible and the teaching authority of Christ in His church founded on Peter and his successors! Matt 16:18-19 Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 acts 1:8 acts 8:31 acts 2:42

Who is the arbiter of truth!

You can decide.
You can decide what is true.
You can decide what is truth.
You can decide right and wrong.

Not one of these are found in scripture!

Found in scripture!
Taught is found 79 times
Instructed is found 19 times
Instruction is found 33 times

Jn 14:6 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 8:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Colossians 2:7
Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught…

Matt 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

1 Tim 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

I get what you are saying because it is so confusing. But (this is only opinion) as others have mentioned …I also don’t think God is the cause of confusion but instead our own desire and lust of whatever suits our agenda. Scary how passionate we get about needing to be right. Like driven and seemingly unstoppable, leaving me asking what is the driving force behind it all. That is only thoughts though, but 1 Corinthians 14:33 seems to say God is not the author of confusion. but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

But there again the context there is about women keeping silent in the church. For what it is worth I would suggest Gods’ dividing or division is for good…in separating and putting away what causes strife, envy, greed and hated of brother, so “they can be one”.

Last edited:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Christ is at the right hand of the father on the great white throne
The throne of grace belongs to our queen and mother

All these verse say is that mary found favour with God.
There is no awarding of a throne, no corination.

The worship of Mary is paganism.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get what you are saying because it is so confusing. But (this is only opinion) as others have mentioned …I also don’t think God is the cause of confusion but instead our own desire and lust of whatever suits our agenda. Scary how passionate we get about needing to be right. Like driven and seemingly unstoppable, leaving me asking what is the driving force behind it all. That is only thoughts though, but 1 Corinthians 14:33 seems to say God is not the author of confusion. but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

But there again the context there is about women keeping silent in the church. For what it is worth I would suggest Gods’ dividing or division is for good…in separating and putting away what causes strife, envy, greed and hated of brother, so “they can be one”.

don’t forget the big daddy of them all PRIDE!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All these verse say is that mary found favour with God.
There is no awarding of a throne, no corination.

The worship of Mary is paganism.

not worship
Only God may be worshipped

worship requires intent and consent of will

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you willingly and deliberatly bow down before her.

kneeling or bowing is not worship or idolatry

Solomon bowed before his mother?

1 kings 2:18 And Bathsheba said, Well; I will speak for thee unto the king.

19 Bathsheba therefore went unto king Solomon, to speak unto him for Adonijah. And the king rose up to meet her, and bowed himself unto her, and sat down on his throne, and caused a seat to be set for the king's mother; and she sat on his right hand.

20 Then she said, I desire one small petition of thee; I pray thee, say me not nay. And the king said unto her, Ask on, my mother: for I will not say thee nay.

A Seat: throne
King bows in respect
Right hand position of authority

The queen received the petitions of the people and presented them to the king Her royal Son!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So God's WORD is the cause of division and confusion? I'd say His word causes division, dividing righteousness from sin, good from evil, believers from unbelievers. But discernment is given by the Holy Spirit among believers, so it shouldn't cause confusion.

Who is the arbiter of truth!

You can decide.
You can decide what is true.
You can decide what is truth.
You can decide right and wrong.
And we all have witnessed theefaith telling us what truth is. You have decided haven't you? But man without the Word of God leans on his own understanding, which is corrupted, confused and dark. Jesus sheds the light and so we should be able to see when light is shined on the darkness, but we choose to ignore truth, when we have become set in our ways, traditions, brainwashed at times.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So God's WORD is the cause of division and confusion? I'd say His word causes division, dividing righteousness from sin, good from evil, believers from unbelievers. But discernment is given by the Holy Spirit among believers, so it shouldn't cause confusion.

And we all have witnessed theefaith telling us what truth is. You have decided haven't you? But man without the Word of God leans on his own understanding, which is corrupted, confused and dark. Jesus sheds the light and so we should be able to see when light is shined on the darkness, but we choose to ignore truth, when we have become set in our ways, traditions, brainwashed at times.

no I have not decided

i am taught instructed in thee faith

no not God’s word but the false doctrine of the “Bible alone”!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Gal 1 Paul contradicts the Bible alone!

Gal 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

2 And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:

3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

19 But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

20 Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not.

21 Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia;

22 And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ:

23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

24 And they glorified God in me.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will say this.

The Hindus, Buddhist, any religion that worships other gods rather than the one true God, creator of all, do not need a rebuke.

However all so called christian organized religions need a strong rebuke and most in them will fall prey to the AC, when he is revealed. They already put their trust in man rather than God.

Whether you trust in the pope, pastor, teacher, or any leader in position of authority in your organization, read the word, lies are being told instead of the anointed word by ppl called of God.

My position is this ANY ORGANIZED RELIGIOUS CHURCH IS SUSPECT AND MUST BE MEASURED AGAINST THE WORD TO EXAMINE WHETHER IT IS FROM GOD !

One day it will be too late especially to those who do not stand on the bible alone as the ONLY authority of faith !

Reactions: Nancy

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unity of faith!

LACK of Bible understanding is the cause of division and confusion.

The Catholic Church is AGAINST the idea of the believer studying God's Word for themselves. They tried to limit their members from reading The Bible, and they used the excuse that only 'their' little priest system was qualified to interpret The Bible, which is exactly what pagan religious priesthoods did with their ancient 'mystery schools'!

When Jesus died on the cross, the veil of the temple was torn into, allowing ALL BELIEVERS to approach The Father through Faith on His Son Jesus Christ! At that moment, Lord Jesus ended the need for a Levitical priesthood.

The Catholic Church pushes the idea that believers still need... a priesthood to come in between the believer and Christ Jesus.

1 Tim 2:5
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
KJV

Believers on Jesus Christ DON'T NEED NO PRIESTHOOD OF MEN to come between them and Christ Jesus! Those who remain faithful in Christ are promised to be MADE HIS PRIESTS AND KINGS.

And WHAT is the priest's job per God's Word? To be given to UNDERSTAND The Word of God from study of His Word, which is given by The Holy Spirit AS WE STUDY HIS WORD, and not man's word!

So like Apostle Paul said to Timothy, it also applies to all believers that can read for theirselves,

2 Tim 2:15
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
KJV

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Nancy

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Catholic Church is AGAINST the idea of the believer studying God's Word for themselves. They tried to limit their members from reading The Bible, and they used the excuse that only 'their' little priest system was qualified to interpret The Bible, which is exactly what pagan religious priesthoods did with their ancient 'mystery schools'!

When Jesus died on the cross, the veil of the temple was torn into, allowing ALL BELIEVERS to approach The Father through Faith on His Son Jesus Christ! At that moment, Lord Jesus ended the need for a Levitical priesthood.

The Catholic Church pushes the idea that believers still need... a priesthood to come in between the believer and Christ Jesus.

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
KJV

Believers on Jesus Christ DON'T NEED NO PRIESTHOOD OF MEN to come between them and Christ Jesus! Those who remain faithful in Christ are promised to be MADE HIS PRIESTS AND KINGS.

And WHAT is the priest's job per God's Word? To be given to UNDERSTAND The Word of God from study of His Word, which is given by The Holy Spirit AS WE STUDY HIS WORD, and not man's word!

So like Apostle Paul said to Timothy, it also applies to all believers that can read for theirselves,

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
KJV

is Jesus Christ high priest?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

KJV

KJV

KJV

KJV

The most Common form of blasphemy!

Those who make themselves the only arbiter of truth!

They put themselves in the place of God!

God alone can determine truth and morals!

We must in humility be taught of God and Christ thru His church and apostles!

Pride, presumption, and arrogance are the high virtures of Protestantism fundamentalism!

Jn 1:16-17 grace and truth come by Jesus Christ!
Jn 14:6 Jesus Christ is truth!
1 Tim 3:15 the church is the pillar of truth!

We must be taught or instructed:
Lk 1:4
Matt 28:19
Jn 20:21
Acts 8:31