“Bible alone” is the cos of confusion!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG AGAIN!

There is only ONE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST, and it is of THE SPIRIT, not a physical location like Rome!

John 4:24
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.
KJV

That is why... a physical building only exists as a SYMBOL, and is NOT Christ's actual Church! If the building were destroyed it would mean the end of His Church, which is why it is impossible for a building or ANY man-made structure to mean His True Church.

Here is what God's Word says the FOUNDATION of Christ's Church is built upon...

Eph 2:19-22
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In Whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In Whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

KJV

Sorry, I don't see a pope mentioned... ANYWHERE in that FOUNDATION!
That's because you failed to answer my question about why Paul refers to Peter as "Cephas" in his Letters.
You ALSO completrely ignored all of the Scriptural evidence I presented back in post #136 that CLEARLY shows Peter's primacy over the other Apostles.

Since you refuse to go back to that post - I'll give you the verses again for your edification:

If Peter WASN’T in charge –
a. Tell me WHY Jesus singled out Peter when He gave him the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven (Matt. 16:18-19) if did not put him in charge.

b. Tell me WHY Jesus asked Peter and Peter alone to feed His lambs and tend His sheep (John 21:15-19) if did not put him in charge.

c. Tell me WHY Jesus said that He prayed for Peter ALONE to strengthen the others and bring them back to faith (Luke 22:31-32) if did not put him in charge.

d. Tell me WHY Peter's name occurs first in all lists of apostles (Matt. 10:2; Mk 3:16; Luke 6:14; Acts 1:13) if he was not in charge??
e. Tell me WHY Peter is specified by an angel as the leader and representative of the apostles (Mark 16:7) if he was not in charge??

f. Tell me WHY Peter takes the lead in calling for a successor for Judas (Acts 1:22) if He was not in charge??

g. Tell me WHY Peter is the first person to speak (and only one recorded) after Pentecost, making him the first Christian to preach the Gospel in the Church (Acts 2:14-36) if he was not in charge??

h. Tell me WHY Peter works the first miracle of the Church Age, healing a lame man (Acts 3:6-12) if he was not in charge??

i. Tell me WHY Peter utters the first anathema (Ananias and Sapphira) affirmed by God (Acts 5:2-11) if He was not in charge??

j. Tell me WHY Peter is the first person after Christ to raise the dead (Acts 9:40) if he was not in charge??

k. Tell me WHY Cornelius is told by an angel to seek out Peter for instruction in Christianity (Acts 10:1-6) if he was not in charge??

l. Tell me WHY Peter's name is mentioned more often than all the other disciples put together if He was not in charge??

In the Epistle of Clement (circa, 80-AD), Pope Clement of Rome ruled on a controversial matter in the church at Corinth which had its own Bishop. WHY would Clement rule on a matter concerning the Church in a location if he was NOT in charge??

Finally - tell me why EVERY Early Church Father points to the Primacy of Peter, the Church in Rome and to the unity of the Chair of Peter.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's because you failed to answer my question about why Paul refers to Peter as "Cephas" in his Letters.
You ALSO completrely ignored all of the Scriptural evidence I presented back in post #136 that CLEARLY shows Peter's primacy over the other Apostles.

I already showed you the relevant Scripture of how Lord Jesus chose Apostle PAUL to be His "chosen vessel" to preach The Gospel to the Gentiles, and to the children of Israel, and to the kings. There is NO MENTION OF A pope in Rome about that! The Roman Catholic Church has simply ASSUMED... more authority than it actually has.

Reactions: Brakelite

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already showed you the relevant Scripture of how Lord Jesus chose Apostle PAUL to be His "chosen vessel" to preach The Gospel to the Gentiles, and to the children of Israel, and to the kings. There is NO MENTION OF A pope in Rome about that! The Roman Catholic Church has simply ASSUMED... more authority than it actually has.
TRANSLATION:
"I cannot refute ANY of the Scriptural evidence you presented for Peter's primacy."

That's what I thought.
All YOU did was throw some verses at me about Paul in order to DEFLECT from the rock-solid evidence I presented.

PS - You NEVER did tell me why Paul refeers to Peter as "Cephas" in his letters.
I think it's because you KNOW it will lead you to the Biblical evidence of Peter's Primacy . . .

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TRANSLATION:
"I cannot refute ANY of the Scriptural evidence you presented for Peter's primacy."

That's what I thought.
All YOU did was throw some verses at me about Paul in order to DEFLECT from the rock-solid evidence I presented.

PS - You NEVER did tell me why Paul refeers to Peter as "Cephas" in his letters.
I think it's because you KNOW it will lead you to the Biblical evidence of Peter's Primacy . . .

You are dreaming. The Scripture I quoted about Christ having chosen Apostle Paul and Scripture where Paul reveals His given authority over the Churches by Christ, proves what you are saying is nothing but religious hype.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are dreaming. The Scripture I quoted about Christ having chosen Apostle Paul and Scripture where Paul reveals His given authority over the Churches by Christ, proves what you are saying is nothing but religious hype.
NOWHERE does the Bible even imply that Paul was the earthly head of the Church. It simply shows that he was chosen to be the Apostle to the Gentiles.
I have repeatedly shown you the verses that show that Peter was the earthly head of the Church in posts #136 and #141.

I've been BEGGING you for some kind of refutation of these verses for 2 days now - and you have repeatedlt FAILED.
You can't even tell me why Paul refers to Peter as "Cephas" in his letters.
That shows a massive ignorance of Scripture . . .

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NOWHERE does the Bible even imply that Paul was the earthly head of the Church.

Some folks just don't know how to read, what a sad state for the education of some...

Apostle Paul speaking:

2 Cor 11:28
28 Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.
KJV

Lord Jesus Christ speaking about Apostle Paul:

Acts 9:15
15 But the Lord said unto him, "Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto Me, to bear My name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:"
KJV

The Roman Catholic Church is primarily a GENTILE Church, so where did Jesus say He chose Apostle Peter to be the Apostle to the Gentiles??? Lord Jesus instead said He chose Apostle Paul to bear His name before the Gentiles. He did NOT say He chose Peter to be the Apostle to the Gentiles (even though Peter did preach to 'some' Gentiles also, per Acts 10).

This is why Apostle Paul would write the MAJORITY of the Books of The New Testament! Apostle Paul was overseer of the churches.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some folks just don't know how to read, what a sad state for the education of some...

Apostle Paul speaking:

2 Cor 11:28
28 Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.

KJV

Lord Jesus Christ speaking about Apostle Paul:

Acts 9:15
15 But the Lord said unto him, "Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto Me, to bear My name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:"

KJV

The Roman Catholic Church is primarily a GENTILE Church, so where did Jesus say He chose Apostle Peter to be the Apostle to the Gentiles??? Lord Jesus instead said He chose Apostle Paul to bear His name before the Gentiles. He did NOT say He chose Peter to be the Apostle to the Gentiles (even though Peter did preach to 'some' Gentiles also, per Acts 10).

This is why Apostle Paul would write the MAJORITY of the Books of The New Testament! Apostle Paul was overseer of the churches.
READING the Scriptures is NOT the same as UNDERSTANDING what they say – and you have FAILED miserably.

2 Cor. 11:28 us Paul talking about his CONCERN for the churches – NOT the idea that he is “in charge” of the Church. That’s YOUR ignorant take.
The Greek word used here is μεριμνα (mer'-im-nah), which means anxious concern.

As for Paul being the Apostle to the Gentiles – this is true. WHO witnessed to the first Gentile convert, Cornelius?? It was Peter.
Peter was also in Rome with Paul building up that Church and was the BISHOP of that Church. He was succeeded by Linus, who was succeeded by Clement.

And you STILL haven’t addressed ANY of the Biblical evidence for Peter’s Primacy that I presented in post #136 and #141.
WHY is that??

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
READING the Scriptures is NOT the same as UNDERSTANDING what they say – and you have FAILED miserably.

I rest my case folks, this person above just made the idiotic and FALSE CLAIM that understanding God's Word does NOT come by READING IT!?!

That just goes to show how far 'some'... men will go to defend their idiotic false 'traditions' devised by men and their organizations!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I rest my case folks, this person above just made the idiotic and FALSE CLAIM that understanding God's Word does NOT come by READING IT!?!

That just goes to show how far 'some'... men will go to defend their idiotic false 'traditions' devised by men and their organizations!
That’s NOT what I said.
I said that READING the Gospel is not the same as UNDERSTANDING the Gospel – your dishonesty notwithstanding . . .

Besides the Bible itself says that faith comes from HEARING the Word of good (Rom. 10:17).
How
would you explain the millions of ILLITERATE people coming to faith for 2000 years?

And, if READING the bible and UNDERSTANDING it were the same thing, tell me – WHY are there tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering Protestant factions that ALL teach different doctrines based on the personal interpretations of each faction’s founders?

Some Protestant denominations believe in baptismal regeneration, while others do not.
Some believe in soul-sleep, while others do not.
Some believe in the total depravity of man, while others do not.
Some believe in the Holy Trinity, while others do not.
Some believe in the doctrine of “once saved, always saved”, while others do not.
Some believe in a pre-tribulation “Rapture”, while others do not.
Some believe that only those who were predestined will make it to heaven, while others do not.
Some believe that some were predestined for hell, while others do not.
Some believe in a woman’s right to choose abortion, while others do not.
Some believe that practicing homosexuality is a sin, while others do not.
Most believe in contraception, while others do not – and the list goes on . . .

Ummmmm WHY is that??

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you got a lot of scripture to explain!

Especially Jn 4:20

Matt 23:9
Call no man father? Jesus is condemning pride and spiritual pride of the Pharisees?

Or is this absolute?

God calls men father!

Ex 3:6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

Jesus calls men father!

Jn 6:49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

Mary calls men father!

Lk 1:55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

Peter calls men father!

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Acts 3:22 Moses said unto the fathers…

The stephen calls men father!

Acts 7 Stephen quotes the fathers over and over!

The Bible calls men father!

Luke 16:24
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Jn 4:20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.

Jesus does not rebuke her for calling men father!

Usual mumbo jumbo and misinterpretation by thee lack of faith

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Unity of faith!

“Bible alone” is the cos of division / confusion:

Not opposed to the Bible, but the doctrine of the “Bible alone” is the only authority, or the Bible and the teaching authority of Christ in His church founded on Peter and his successors! Matt 16:18-19 Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 acts 1:8 acts 8:31 acts 2:42

Who is the arbiter of truth!

You can decide.
You can decide what is true.
You can decide what is truth.
You can decide right and wrong.

Not one of these are found in scripture!

Found in scripture!
Taught is found 79 times
Instructed is found 19 times
Instruction is found 33 times

Jn 14:6 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 8:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Colossians 2:7
Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught…

Matt 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

1 Tim 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Cos of confusion?? Whatever is that?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cos of confusion?? Whatever is that?

two Christians find completely different meaning fro a verse such as Jn 3:5 some see it as faith alone some as baptismal regeneration
How do we solve the problem

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
“Bible alone” is the cos of confusion!
Alright, we'll add the dictionary and a bit of knowledge about history.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TRANSLATION:

That's what I thought.

:jest:
Catholic gaslighter; (“I, you, I”)..same one confused Catholic.

:IDK: Yawn.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John 1:
[42] And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone.

Why do you call yourself “BreadOFLife” ? Do you think YOU are Jesus?

John 6:
[35] And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Epignosis...is Knowledge.
The stress is on true correct knowledge...yet still knowledge.
And yes the foolish can blab on and on about knowledge...
So what...

Having knowledge is NOT the meaning of Born Again!
1 Cor 15:
[36] Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
WRONG.
Don’t you EVER tire of being proven wrong?

The Greek words “Gnosis” and “Oida” mean “intellectual knowledge”.
“Epignosis”
, however, is defined as a “full, experiential and relational knowledge”.

As I educated you in my previous post –
The New Thayer’s Greek-English Lexicon defines “Epignosis” as:
“T
he knowledge of the one true God which has illumined the soul.”

Exegetical Dictionary of the New Testament defines “Epignosis” as:
“True Christian faith”

Face it – you’re OUT of your league here, my woefully-uneducated friend . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:
[42] And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone.

Why do you call yourself “BreadOFLife” ? Do you think YOU are Jesus?
John 6:
[35] And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life:
And “Cephas” is a Greek transliteration of the Aramaic “Kepha” – which is what Jesus called Simon in Matt. 16:18.
Kepha means “STONE”.

Not that difficult to figure out, Einstein . . .

PS – I call myself Bread of Life as a tribute to my Lord.
John 6:35, 53
Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life.
Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you."

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t you EVER tire of being proven wrong?

Wrong applies to you.

Knowledge, intellectual knowledge, relational knowledge, enlightenment, OF anything,
DOES NOT MEAN Born AGAIN.

Having FAITH, Having Belief...
DOES NOT MEAN Born AGAIN.

The Greek words “Gnosis” and “Oida” mean “intellectual knowledge”.
“Epignosis”
, however, is defined as a “full, experiential and relational knowledge”.

As I educated you in my previous post –
The New Thayer’s Greek-English Lexicon defines “Epignosis” as:
“T
he knowledge of the one true God which has illumined the soul.”

Exegetical Dictionary of the New Testament defines “Epignosis” as:
“True Christian faith”

Face it – you’re OUT of your league here, my woefully-uneducated friend . . .

Face it...your catholic education has failed you, blinded you, deafened you.......you do not KNOW what Born Again means...